A tale of two VERY poor cities: Cleveland considers merging with East Cleveland in bid to raise them both out of abject...

>A tale of two VERY poor cities: Cleveland considers merging with East Cleveland in bid to raise them both out of abject poverty
>Two of the country's poorest cities are talking about a merger they say could help both
>Cleveland officials are looking at development possibilities that exist in its struggling neighbor East Cleveland
>Cleveland has a shrinking population, entrenched poverty and neighborhoods beset with decay and violent crime

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3805546/Obstacles-abound-2-poor-US-cities-consider-merging.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hwBoa-NbNL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

will it magically make those places not nigger infested shitholes or what?

The only way to solve poverty is sterilization requirement for welfare.

There's an East Cleveland?

wew

The nigger only knows how to tear down the accomplishments of white men.

Also, I like how they stole the bricks at the bottom of that house.

Why don't they just get rid of the niggers?

Why the fuck do Americans link foreign news links to stories about America? We have our own news sites

There's an East Pittsburgh that might or might not technically still be a part of Pittsburgh. They had construction on the parkway again when my parents were coming to visit and my mom called me going through East Pittsburgh because she was scared they might have taken a wrong turn and wound up in a dangerous place.

I should go for a joyride through there again.

clevelander here, this is actually a very good idea.

Its incredible that cities can just die in the US.

I actually rode a motorcycle through East Cleveland into Euiclid on surface streets back in '08 as part of a long road trip across the US. Crowds of blacks just hanging out on corners (middle of a weekday mind you), the only open stores were predominantly gas stations, bail bond places, liquor stores, and a few pizza huts and KFCs. The amount of dilapidated and abandoned buildings made it look straight up post apocalyptic.

Why?

That's the Jewish economic plan at work. Have to get dat global communism!

I'm having flashbacks driving through East St. Louis with my dad.

We didn't even need to go through there, he just drove us to see it like a safari and to fuck with us.

They forgot to mention that East Cleveland is a nigger infested hellhole

What are these news outlets from the UK even doing reporting on this?

How is America so shit. I drove from southern Ontario to Chicago and the entire way, anywhere we stopped looked like ops pic. It was like being in a third world country.

I've also beeN all the way down the east coast from Maine to Florida and it was vastly shit other than Maine. Everything is dirty and unkept and huge slum areas. The worst slums around here are like middle class there.

niggers

Food stamp and welfare.

Try Baltimore sometime. It's amazing.

>Dad's face when

Sounds good. Merging two cities means less overall spending with government officials, police force, infrastructure etc.

I've always thought Liverpool and Manchester should merge too. One of the biggest examples of resource waste is the fact each has its own small shitty airport because they take it as a badge of honour, when in reality we could just build a larger, better equipped airport somewhere between the two around Leigh or Birchwood that would still be close enough to both cities centres.

>How is America so shit.
Keep importing black and muslim refugees, you'll find out.

>I've also beeN all the way down the east coast from Maine to Florida and it was vastly shit other than Maine.
Yeah, Florida is pretty shit. That said, Miami is a pretty cool place.

We got that shit here too, though. How do people allow this to happen?

No it means more spending for Cleveland without adding to its tax base

But what on earth would become of Ashton-in-Makerfield and Newton-le-Willows?

Are you trying to destroy England itself?

Breeding is the cheapest form of entertainment.

That and Google.

but they're very clearly not the same citiy.

They both have that cool bumpy circle shape with their roads.

Are they going to get rid of all the googles? That's the only way the cities will get fixed

because you drove on a highway the entire way and only poor people live near highways

Oh I thought they were equally shit. Yeah, if there's a big difference between the two cities then it's best not to merge them because it will just drain from the wealthier.

They will benefit from the creation of 100,000 new jobs and apprenticeships :)

Lot of euphemisms for black people is that story.
>VERY poor
>abject poverty
>struggling neighbor
>decay and violent crime
Rearranging tax boundaries is not going to fix the google problem.

One generally does not have to designate part of a city as being "East City" unless it's just too horrible to retain.

(((news sites)))

It's because whites build them up, make them prosperous. Blacks and minorities come in so whites start to leave. And then you are left black ghettos.

Good luck convincing the populations of both cities that this is a good idea

I'm a scouser (thankfully middle class) and even I would be furious about it, I can't imagine how the actual scallys and chavs would react just in Liverpool

We were stopping all over the place. It was a month long trip (the east cost one) and even still our highway areas aren't like that either. Although we only have one road....

It's really pretty stark what they can do. I mean, they're not all bad, but if you want to see a lot of coincidences, try living in a black neighborhood.

100% best stories from the contractors who try to keep the place from falling apart if you don't manage to have your own.

Don't get me wrong there were some nice places but the ratio of shit:good was a surprise to me.

it's a mini-Detroit

Seriously dude if I were driving and the roadsign said "East Cleveland" I would either drive through to confirm my imagination or I would carefully not take that exit.

youtube.com/watch?v=hwBoa-NbNL8

Kaisch is a faggot for killing OH high speed rail, and not pumping cash into the RTA. We could have stolen jobs from Chicago, NYC and DC if we had built it. Failing that he could have made public transport here not shit.

top kek why can't the movies be funny again?