How would the Great Roman Empire look like in 2016?

How would the Great Roman Empire look like in 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IsxTXzjLomU
unrv.com/forum/topic/14355-bestiality-in-roman-civilization-fact-or-myth/
perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.02.0132:life=ves.:chapter=13
jewishgen.org/sefardsig/coliseum.htm
tribunesandtriumphs.org/colosseum/building-the-colosseum.htm
forumromanum.org/literature/caesar/gallic.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_cult_(ancient_Rome)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_God
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

About the same as now, I think.

Basically how America looks today. They would have modernized like any other nation

Gay sex and niggers

>The Empire Never Died

Like this, but using grinder to "boost up morale"

Happened to have the exact picture and answer that you were looking for.

>"Beasts were specially trained to copulate with women: if the girls or women were unwilling then the animal would attempt rape. A surprising range of creatures was used for such purposes - bulls, giraffes, leopards, cheetahs, wild boar, zebras, stallions, jackasses, huge dogs, apes, etc. The beasts were taught how to copulate with a human being [whether male or female] either via the vagina or via the anus." Representations of scenes from the sexual lives of the gods, such as Pasipha and the Bull, were highly popular, often causing extreme suffering, injury or death. On occasion, the more ferocious beasts were permitted to kill and (if desired) devour their victims afterwards.[8] Chimpanzees and mandrills, both in fact ferocious and very powerful species of primate: "made drunk by wine and inflamed by the odor of females of their kind, were loosed upon girls whose genitals had been drenched with the urine of female chimps and mandrills." The victims were often virgins and not infrequently young children. One spectacle is said to have included "a hundred tiny blonde girls being raped simultaneously by a horde of baboons."

>a hundred tiny blonde girls being raped simultaneously by a horde of baboons
Now you know why they're trying to ban anime

Source? Cause this seems like bullshit.

Where the hell is this from?

And how they didnt developed AIDS if they where fucking monkeys?

France but larger.

what does anime have to do with the refugee crisis

Latin would be the most important language in the west since england would be part of the empire and there wouldn't be such a thing like the english language
There would not be such thing as "england", it would be just called britannia
The military would be enough for wiping out an entire continent
Islam wouldn't be around today because they would have done to them what they did to the jews
Spain and portugal wouldn't have fallen for the arabs
The whole americas would be speaking a bastardized form of classical latin instead of two romance languages in latin america and french / english in north america
Anatolia would still be greek
Turks would still be living in central asia
Classical culture would be way more present in the west than it is today
The HRE would have never been created, so germany wouldn't have started any world war in the west
Europe would still be playing the role model as a superpower continent as it always did before ww2
Catholicism probably would be the only version of christianity, that if we don't consider that europe would possibly still be pagan today
Jews wouldn't have entered europe during the middle ages
As there would be no world wars, there would not be nothing such as the united nations nor human rights, so there would be no rapefugee things and genocides would still be happening today

I know a lot of people won't agree with a lot of things I've said, but I think the world would be definitely different if they were still around

Probably not very good considering they spell "Rome" as "SPQR."

Fucking idiots. I mean, honestly, get your shit together, Romans.

>that post
>that flag

you have to be on a proxy cause that shit is too well thought out for a huemonkey

I'm european

>How would the Great Roman Empire look like in 2016?

ever heard of the "european union"? might shock you!

If Rome existed today it would be the duty of all decent folk to destroy it. Rome truly was the great evil Empire of its day. Alaric is history's MVP

c*lt detected

Sounds accurate
this

i-i-its not like the Holy Roman Empire or anything oniisan!

It's a Latin acronym for Senatus Populusque Romanus, or The Senate and People of Rome.

Not that stupid.

Corrupted, swarmed with barbarians and absolutely decadent.
So something like western europe.

Inclined to largely agree with this user. Shoutout to Arminius too. They were already on the long way down by the end. It doesn't cheapen their accomplishments, but if they still existed they'd most likely be a slaving hellhole run by debt collectors.

>tfw literally clipping coins
>tfw literally people burying gold as the empire goes kaput
>tfw literally errytime

Daily reminder that romans killed 40 million G_d's chosen. Their empire was evil and we should all be glad that it fell.

what the fuck are you saying

The only thing wrong is that it wouldn't be Catholicism, it'd be Orthodoxy too

>tfw modern day has mostly paper money
>tfw the ISIL cunts are actively destroying history
We wouldn't even leave a fucking thing behind, would we? Buildings, machines, great works of art - it would all just be gone.

>s there would be no world wars
Not true. Did you forget about turks and asians? Also native americans would also eventually develop enough to sail to the europe and create some sort of conflict. There would be much more wars compared to today.

Also > MFW THE ROMAN EMPIRE IS NEVER EVER GOING TO EXIST AGAIN

I think the roman empire wouldn't allow any reforms inside the church
And they probably wouldn't reform it themselves to an extent where the old puritans would be willing to fight for an orthodox version as the eastern empire did after the fall of the western empire

I like to think that if the roman empire wouldn't have fallen they probably would have discovered the americas a lot earlier
There wouldn't be the middle ages since the empire would be unified, so there wouldn't be feudalism nor endless wars for forming local kingdoms and duchies.

When I said there wouldn't be any world wars, I was intending to say that there wouldn't be major european conflicts

If the empire were solid enough for suppressing seeds for nationalism and separatism as it managed to do during its peak (you can see that rome did managed to wipe away virtually all the local identities of all of western europe east of germany, all of them speak a romance language and are quite similar among themselves) then it would prevent nationalism to thrive, so there wouldn't be any "unifications" like the italian and the german ones, there wouldn't be any "franco prussian war", any ww1 nor ww2.

If a huge war would be started it would probably be against the asians, the mongols and all of that.

If rome were still around today there wouldn't be islam, and without islam the mongol empire wouldn't split apart after the death of genghis khan.
They probably would unify and still be ruling china today.

So there would be huge wars against the east in the long run, and I think the west would have ended up unifying as a whole, just like the united states.

It would be fucking glorious.

Posting rare julius

>that driver just miring dem judeans

They're just like us

I think the "middle ages" were already coming in a way, feudalism has its roots in the late Roman Empire. But still, it could've been possible that the Roman state survived while evolving, kinda like China, going through cycles of decadence and rebirth. Europe would've kept much more cultural unity since the beginning.

Anyone have the my ancestor meme of nords looking at roman statues?

>tfw my name is Julius

I'm Celtic you are offensive.

>native americans would also eventually develop enough to sail to the europe and create some sort of conflict.
There is not proof for that

If the roman empire never fell that means germanics got exterminated along with slavs too

That means you ignorance ass wouldnt exist

omg nvm the spearhead, look at his teeth. This person must have been in excruciating pain before that spear finished him/her off.

so many roads

I agree 100 percent.

I never understood how roads are built even today. They cost 2-3 million a mile, how the fuck does the government afford that?

And back then before they had industralization? Like how the fuck?

Well we'd have a ton of more stuff like pic here, especially in what is now called "turkey".

money is a figment of the mind, you need workforces and asphalt to make roads, paper won't hold dem wheels

Ive always been attracted to the idea that Philllip K Dick swore that the Empire never ended, and that it was still the dominat Black Iron Cage of our era.

The Vallis Transmissions, from the Black Knight satellite told him this apparently.

Now crazy, undoubtedly, but Dick was not a stupid man: his paranoid fantasy is described in obsessive and convincing detail

The British Empire has become the next Roman Empire

But you need money to pay the people who make the roads, and if you use slaves that would cost a lot to buying the chain and hiring the gaurds. Also money back then wasn't figment it was gold they had limited amount.

It wouldn't be really possible, because of international law. You can't conquer territories anymore and get away with it.

USA is not the modern Roman Empire. Romans were conquerors and builders. Everywhere they went, they conquered and modernised everything, they build roads, aqueducts, fortifications, castra, monuments, public buildings. They allowed conquered peoples to become Roman citizens if they joined their military ranks.

Romans did not approve of degeneracy like cheating, fucking around, homosexuality, transexuality. They also shamed weakness of character, indecisiveness, physical weakness, etc.

Rudeness and uncivilised behaviour were also frowned upon.

They didn't have so many obese people, consumerist whores like the USA. They actually had a culture, they spread the Latin alphabet everywhere in the world, they had great civil engineering.

What does the USA spread? McDonalds, Coca cola, mah guns, obesity, hollywood movies... that's not culture, that's not civilisation, that's the lowest common denominator from the lowest scum.

And the Italian renaissance would have had a far longer lasting influence and a more widespread one as well.

Well when the soldiers moved somewhere that didn't have roads, they built them, so they could bring their carts and siege equipment. One famous general wasl called Fabius Maximus "the lingerer" because he built so many damn roads and nothing else for literally years instead of attacking the enemy directly.
The soldiers got so tired of it they literally prefered death in battle to building another damn roads.

The Roman Empire went through many religious reforms. Every emperor could have changed something about which deities were publicly worshipped.

For example some emperors introduced the cult of Sol Invictus.

If the empire stayed together the entire world would probably be under its banner. Assuming Constantine's Empire as the beginning of ascendency and the West hadn't been abandoned and the Huns were defeated I would say that Catholicism would be the religion of the world with 5 billion practioners. All of North and South America, Australia, Africa, and most of Asia. I would contend that China, Siberian Wilderness, the Steppes and Japan would be left independent. I think the most dramatic difference is that the profound desertification of North Africa and the Middle East would never have happened because Arabs couldn't have destroyed the complex irrigation systems meaning that the center of the civilized world would ironically enough likely be distributed between the Levant and Italia. We would probably be ever so slightly ahead technologically. Catholicism would probably be very similar to modern Catholicism. Catholic missionaries would have probably quelled any paganism.

I seriously believe that Fabius Maximus was autistic. He was completely obsessed with construction

Came to post this.

youtube.com/watch?v=IsxTXzjLomU

Romans had a lot of slaves back in the day, so they didn't have to pay for the workforce. They just had to gather the natural resources in order to build the roads.

Also, the roads were crucial for land commerce and for ensuring optimized campaigns against the enemies of the empire.
I like to think that building all those old roads for them it was just like making an investment.

They would probably attack some neighboring tribe that didn't want to be peacefully annexed and make their loot, so all the investment they kept making for expanding the roads kind of ended up being paid for by someone else at the end.

white

And yet you European cucks completely eat it up. Every country in Europe I have visited has swallowed every drop of our culture. Why should you need it if yours is so superior?

Because it's not. Hell the only thing your country is known for is exporting nomad thieves. Most people couldn't even find it on a map. does that make you upset?

gonna need a source on this quote faggot.

everyone but me gotta learn

Powerful source material

Yeah, but they did it when the religion was paganism, and they had multiple gods. The emperors generally had their own cults and the people were supposed to worship them.

But still, I don't think there would be huge transformations like protestantism and all of that. They probably would manage to suppress every kind of revolt, as they did with jews and even christians during their early days.

No, I don't eat McDonalds, don't watch Hollywood shit, I'm not obese, don't drinke coca cola. So, I don't really partake in the US culture.

Our biggest export product right now are Renault-made cars. Read the statistics, brah.

Ive got two copies of the book that is from, funnily enough- thats from 'Those about to die, we salute you', By Daniel P Mannix.

Imagine the shit eating grin Fabius had during the punic wars when everyone realised he was right.

> Romani-an gypsy trying to re-write history to suit his gyppo fantasy

romans had every form of degeneracy known to man. none of this shit is new.

saltatrix tonsa: barbered dancing girl
literally young men in drag
lucius cornelius sulla was rumored to have spent his youth doing this.

cuckoldry: patrician roman women would literally pay to sleep with and get knocked up by gladiators

homosexuality: considered the height of fashionable behaviour among the upper crust romans who emulated the motherfucking greeks in all ways possible

crack a book you worthless ignorant faggot gypsy

read a book

>get boner from reading this
i have got a strange feeling that i should watch heavy-r less

Pretty much this. For the Roman empire to still be around, there would have to be no Islam. Turks would not be Turks but Galatians, Cappadocians, and other civilized descendants of Greeks and Hittites. Arabs would be busy tending to their myrrh trees.

>North Africa before the Muzzies came and ruined it

For starters, there would be no christianity, or judaism.
But those two things would be pre-equisite for it to exit in the first place.

what would daily life be like for us everyday folks in those times?

>Romans had a lot of slaves back in the day, so they didn't have to pay for the workforce.

Roads were usually built by Roman engineers and Roman soldiers, not by slaves. Even the workforce was provided by the legions themselves and only during distress they would force the locals to handle the business.

Building at that time was something not to be fucked with. High quality was requested at all time and the Romans ingeniously used their own to build their shit.

False.

unrv.com/forum/topic/14355-bestiality-in-roman-civilization-fact-or-myth/

Chimps weren't even known to Europeans until the 16th-17th century.

Yep.

Lol no.
The buildings would be a lot more Roman and a lot less Israelite.

So? It was real in his mind.

OKay, I'm posting these again because it says they were 404'd on here, so just in case

Homosexuality and other degenerate behaviours existed, what I was saying is that they were frowned upon. You were not a respectable man if people knew you engaged in that.

Elagabalus was killed partly because everyone in Rome was disgusted by his behaviour.

There were lots of jokes on Caesar's rumoured homo encounters, which made him quite mad. People eventually respected him because he manned up when he conquered Gaul and returned in triumph.

Here's an example of how a Roman emperor despised homos:

Suetonius, Vespasian, 13:

>Licinius Mucianus, who had been guilty of notorious acts of lewdness [homosexuality], but, presuming upon his great services, [Vespasian] treated him very rudely, he reproved only in private; and when complaining of his conduct to a common friend of theirs, he concluded with these words, "However, I am a man."

You can find the book here:
perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.02.0132:life=ves.:chapter=13

Yeah, but the food they gave to the soldiers and all the resources they had for making the empire working 25/7 were completely relying on the slaves rome had.

This workforce was the core of the empire, without these guys there would be no military nor anything related to it.

Funny fact is that it was the jews that constructed the coliseum. Around 20 thousand slaves were used for doing the "peasant work" while the engineers were just supervising what they were doing.

Here's the source

jewishgen.org/sefardsig/coliseum.htm

Soldiers were highly capable of building up almost anything (bridges, walls, etc.), but I think they were trained for doing it during their military campaigns as "war effort" related stuff if I'm not wrong.

Plus, they probably had a lot of specialized people just for doing these infrastructure projects all across the empire.
But the peasantry had a huge part in every single aspect of roman society at the end, that's for sure.

huh, weird, all of my pictures are saying that now.
This is really bizarre, thejews did this.

Anyone play this gem?

I mean so many things would be different. Latin the dominant language of the world, no world wars, Islam would likely be a shitty little sect in Persia so no Islamic invasions of Europe. No invasions reshapes the politics of the Middle Ages as well as the colonial era as the idea of an Islamic dominated Europe really shaped a lot of European politics. Also, I would personally bet Rome would rule most of the know on world. The Renaissance might not even happen as it was kicked off really by an influx of Greek scholars from Constaninoples fall.

>source
>jewishgen.com
that does not look reliable

By Caesar, Gaul was conquered, Caesar by Nicomedes
Saeour Caesar triumph now, that brough Gaul to it's knees,
though he conquered Caesar, no triumph for Nicomedes

Bantz from Caesar's soldiers during triumph

another Senator once said "Caesar is every woman's husband, and every man's wife.

fucking kek, every Roman was a faggot. Caesar was the best

YES

Prefer Pharaoh though. I still play!

Sorry, missedpelled
By Caesar, Gaul was conquered, Caesar by Nicomedes
It's See our Caesar triumph now, that brought Gaul to it's knees
though he conquered Caesar, no triumph for Nicomedes

Here's another source, lad.

>Building the Colosseum - Who built the Roman Colosseum?
An estimated 100,000 prisoners were bought back to Rome as slaves after the Jewish War. Vespasian had a limitless work force. In the building of the Colosseum the slaves undertook the manual labor such as working in the quarries at Tivoli where the travertine was quarried. Slaves would also have been used to lift and transport the heavy stones 20 miles from Tivoli to Rome. Teams of professional Roman builders, engineers, artists, painters and decorators undertook the skilled tasks necessary for building the Colosseum.

tribunesandtriumphs.org/colosseum/building-the-colosseum.htm

Yes, I still play it all the time

Don't forget about reading De Bello Gallico if you didn't read it yet, lad.

In this website you can find the original version in latin and translations for english and french.

forumromanum.org/literature/caesar/gallic.html

There are 8 books, 7 written by caesar himself, and one written by one of his generals.
Very good stuff if you're interested in that subject.

Julius Caesar once made a literal fucking lake to do gladiatorial naval battles in, with entire fleets of ships, from Seutonius.

Also interesting side note, the vast majority of negative comments on Augustus and Julius, like supposedly having rotten teeth, or being extremely ruthelss, or other gems are highly likely to be false. All of these comments were made by rich old senators who desparetely tried to slander their names after they died because during the Empire, unliket the Republic, the Caesars chose and hired people based on merit, not if they were some rich senator. They despised them for this.

Tiberius, Augsutus, and Julius, and even Caligula were far greater people personally and as rullers than ancient historians want to admit.

Funny how the vast majority of ancient historical sources written outside Caesar's enemies has survived, and only in fragments, or not at all. And yet Cicero's giant pile of letters, many of which are just boring questions like "has Maximus arrived in Capua yet? I need him to go to the XYZ before Antony get's there. Ect"

What a coincidence.

We know this from archeological evidence and sources that don't explicitly comment on the Caesar's policies, yet confirm the golden age that archeology confirms they were in. This golden age started with Julius.

Sorry I meant to say that the overwhelmingly, sources outside these men who hated senators HAS NOT survived. Most of Augstus own biography is totally gone,the 1st chapter is still present with us. I think like 8 or 6 of Julius's commentaries are gone. Plutarch's lives on Augustus is gone, along with the one on Tiberius and Claudius, also Augustus own memoirs are gone. And even more....

Funny how their attempts to silence the truth failed, just like with Hitler.

Firstly how the hell did they build that? A pool that big would be very hard to make with todays technology how did they build it back with little technology?

Also but I still feel no sympathy for Julia Caesar he was a genocidal murderer who slaughtered Celts for no reason.

Also that pic is from this site called jeanclaudegolven.com You can't save the pics with right clicking, you can screencap them though, that's what I did here.

That's not true, numerous ancient sources report how the Celts were agressively psuhing into italian territory and were building forces nearby, they and they brits were preparing for an invasion. They also conducted mass human sacrifice, infantcide, and cannibalism, and headhunting. They were degenerates and Caesar came in and built roads, hospitals, and monuments,and forts. Yes... it was so horrible...

I do believe they all were good people, but I don't believe they were "almighty" as they seem to have been. There were many limits to their madness.
Their power had some limit, and if they would break their roles of serving the people they would have to be replaced by another emperor and ultimately killed their own men.

Nero killed himself because of this, commodus too.
The praetorian guard ended up assassinating caligula because he was mad and didn't respond well to his duties.

So after killing him they had selected his uncle, claudius, as the new emperor because he was more "controllable" compared to his nephew.

And the guy ended up conquering britain in his reign.

History loves showing off how good people the emperors were, but I believe the legions were the guys that really bossed around the empire.
Apart from the classic emperors that no one can really deny they were cool people, such as hadrian and marcus aurelius, I believe the empire was quite self-sustainable regarding its military nature.

Holy Roman Empire > SPQR

they would have to be replaced by another emperor and ultimately killed by their own men*

>holy
>roman
>empire

>That's not true, numerous ancient sources report how the Celts were agressively psuhing into italian territory and were building forces nearby, they and they brits were preparing for an invasion. They also conducted mass human sacrifice, infantcide, and cannibalism, and headhunting. They were degenerates
Yeah sure the women and children were so degenerate and evil, sure

>and Caesar came in and built roads, hospitals, and monuments,and forts
Yeah for the Romans, the Celts were kicked off their lands.

> "This agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the Holy Roman Empire was in no way holy, nor Roman, nor an empire."

- Voltaire

How does that not make sense?
Half the population are peasants.
60% of the population are gypsies.
The rest are educated.
You can be a gypsy and a peasant. There's nothing mutually exclusive about them. That screencap is retarded and you should be embarassed for posting it with all the other retards in it.

Interplanetary.

If Charlemange was alive, he'd kick your teeth in.

Hadrian was a degenerate faggot, and Marcus Aurelius was literally a pagan fedora who went out of his way to crucify christians.

And Claudius was before Nero. If you read the earliest sources of these people, especially from their own, like Julius Commentaries, these peopek were quite sane.

Julius Caesar was a populist like his relative Marius, who was the Trump of his day. He had to go above and beyond to get a normal career in politics. He was forced to pass laws on a day of (((bad omens))) which was illegal, for the good of the poorfags who needed a godamn break. They were going to execute him for this, which is bullshit so Julius semi illegally invaded gaul and took it over for the next 10 years so they couldn't indict him during this time, the Gauls were going to invade anyways...

He had to come back after the conquest was over and he would be indicted in the senate's courts. And he woudl be executed. So he decided to take over italy instead, which wasn't much if a bloodbath because Caesar wanted ti that way.

They hated him, he succeded everytime they set him up to fail, with every sucess he surpassed the prior one with even more heroic effort, these cucks hated him for the glory he had. They envied him so much. And that's why they tried to kill him, Julius tried for DECADES to make peace with them. People were starving in slums of Rome at that time because the senate was so edgy and corrupt. So the Caesars took over and all this shit stopped and the plebs lived much better lives. Roma was beautiful and full of grain after that.

You know nothing fo history, the Caesar's weren't mad, it was the Senate that truly was.

No they seriously were. The women would drown the childrren themselves

So he was basically anti-hatespeech? LOL

I'm convinced the Romans were a superior race, we could barley build something like that now with all our technology.

They archeological evidence is literally everwhere. They were the Carthage and Canaan of their day. They were Gamorah, I am glad. There was no genocide. The women and children Caesar spared, adn the men too if they surrendered. Read his shit.

But I'm Celtic and would never do that, and not all celts were like that either (i know im sounding like a libtard). What about the Celts fleeing persecution from their fellow celts?

>HOLY
>ROmaN
>EMPIRE

He lives in all of us, m8.

But there's no problem in realizing that the HRE was nothing more than just a military coalition against foreign invasions. And that their goal ultimately failed when napoleon's army had entered the region and dismantled the union.

The german national movement for a unified nation has its roots at the end of the HRE. By that time prussia had finally realized that a unified nation could really thrive, so they soon managed to unify the german speaking regions and create the german empire, a strong unified nation just like the old french empire led by napoleon.

With that being said, charlemagne is responsible for the franco prussian war, ww1 and ww2.

He didn't kick my teeth in, but he surely killed millions of innocent people for his old mistakes, m8.

This is about culture not race. They were wicked wicked people in those days. Julius and his men were the hand of God's vegeance

Most native Americans were on a path to complete society collapse at the time the Spanish came along. I doubt they would be on their way eventually.

Im being serious here, Augustus and Julius were probably the greatest men who EVER lived outside the Lord Jesus Christ and his fellow saints in the Scriptures. Their policies alone made it IDEAL for Christianity to spread through out the world like fire.

Did occur to you that God set up these men for victory? For our benefit. I give thanks to God for this.

Ha.
>Imperialism was so horrible! Loads of Romans bursting into our... nothings and leaving behind roads, hospitals, sanitation

ALSO interesting fact, AVGVTVS means Good omens.

CAESAR means to divide or cut through.

Then how did he do a Triumph and slaughter millions?

What if the Celts surrendered to Caesar?

did you know that nero had a rotating dinning room? Powered by water from a nearby aquaduct

WTF how did that work? Were the Romans gods? I couldn't imagine that now

It's kind of hard for telling if the old writings were true or not, but I do agree that politics are quite biased when it comes to opinions and its records.

Nonetheless, all of those I mentioned were assassinated and were replaced by different emperors, and all of that happened during a time they were literally wasting the money collected from taxes for trivial reasons, such as nero when he built his own palace and all of that.

I'm not saying they were mad, but we have to realize they lived in a time they truly considered themselves living gods. Caesar proudly said he was a descendant of a god, that had founded his dynasty and given him his own surname.
There's no doubt that they would behave a little bit like axl rose every now and then, especially when they found themselves ruling the biggest empire of their own times.

All of that you can find in the old books they have written, "meditations" by marcus aurelius is a good one if I may say.

These guys were not perfect, but they surely were not as mad as some people tend to say they were.

Ps: I don't believe nero burned rome down to the ground as many people say. I think just it happened naturally as he himself described the event.

Slaves, indentured service, and also roads weren't made out of concrete back then either. It was made out of stone and mortar. Which is far cheaper to make than concrete and asphalt. They also didn't use the giant-fuck-machines we use today to spread it out, that's were most of the cost comes from operating many of those machines for miles and miles. You have to pay each and every person who works on the road, then you have to pay for any safety evaluations and quality assurance of the road, then you have to pay for any overtime work for police officers if they operate on the scene (a lot of highway work or road blocking/diverting in cities if the construction operation needs that done).

You never had to deal with any of that back then, you had a lot of stone, a lot of mortar, some animals, many slaves, the person who owned the businesses to do it. The most expensive part of road work was probably going out to a local quarry and hauling it to the work site. That required some armed guards for the convoy. There's a few youtube videos that explains road work in Rome. Pretty cool stuff to listen to.

religious rituals.
romans were christians in the end so this wouldn't be a thing.

>slaves indentured service
You still have to feed and house slaves. It just seems impossible. Ever go out side and try to build a tiny bridge made of rocks across a small shallow river? It took me 2 hours once. I can't imagine how long it would take to build that miles on end, do it right, and feed them when food was rare.

Also mining back then too, it just seems it would take so much energy to mine and then carry the metal back to civilization it wouldn't be worth it.

All you faggits BTFO Rome. The empire falling caused so much shit to happen that Europe didn't recover for fucking centuries. They're the reason fucking Britain exists. They solidified Europe, built many machines and made many inventions (even if they stole a few) and they fucking made CONCRETE. BITCH THINK ABOUT HOW WE STILL USE CONCRETE, FROM THE FUCKING ROMAN EMPIRE.

Prisons would be empty because every weekend they would fight themselves in super arenas.

Here's something also interesting, not a fan of jews for obvious reasons,

but Augustus and Julius were the first to legalize and relegalize jew's religion. They also built many synagogues for them and made many of them Citizens (Pauls family probably included here).

Augustus had 2 sacrifices done on the temple mount every single day, one for himself and one for the people of the Roman empire. He also gave many gifts to the temple and he and hs friends would give literally a 100 head of the finest cattle to the Temple as a gift to the Lord, the early Caesars were REALLY zealous. Augustus himself would avoid Jerusalem in person but he and his dad were fans of fucking jews..

Every single time, the Jews are behind shit.

I won't say bridges don't cost a lot, but many roads go through shallow rivers and have not a need for bridges.
Cost to feed is probably hard, but probably paid by local farms in return for the service the roads would bring in.

they would've taken the rest of the world. they would be like the US without googles or FAT

No that's not true. The general consensus from historians today is taht Julius and Augustus did not beleive they were Gods, and made it plain in many speaches and even Augustus tomb says "mortal" on it. Augustus complained about how some few would think he was a god and he was alsways quick to correct them.

Julius it is recorded was granted the title of God Emperor as a sign of respect, same with Donald Trump. It wasn't until Nero and his edgelords that they tried to make it more serious.

The bias primarily comes from the Senators who despised the emprerors, we know this because their complaints are regularly disproven with archeological data.

If the Roman empire lasted this long without any reform i'd either be corrupt as fuck or look like a hybrid between the US and Nazi Germany.

Seriously Augustus and Julius were very comfy with jews. Kek

And it also took ~ thousand years for their entire road system to be built, so they had a LOT of time to plan and build the roads in entirety.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_cult_(ancient_Rome)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_God

>hybrid between US and Nazi Germany
>implying that wouldn't be a good thing

this in fucking books dude, don't quote wikipedia.

Nobody believes that Caesar Augustus and Julius were taken seriiously on claims to divinity. The Roman world was familiar with the concept associated with high praise. Hell, in Leviticus the jew judges are literally called Gods on several occasions.

There were some temples in Greece, but this was a politcal statement, greeks understood the claim to divinity nit just high praise, but a godlike Mortal,

who is chosen by god on acting on his behalf. Augustus was seen to be called God as in how Theseus, Perseus, Jason, Acilles were called gods, and similarly worshipped. They understood too he was a human, just a very heroic one.

Divus Julius[edit]
>Caesar had personal ties to the gods, both by descent and by office. He was descended from Aeneas and his mother Venus; more doubtfully, from Ancus Marcius and the kings of Rome, and so from Mars. When he was a teenager, Marius had named him flamen Dialis, the special priest of Jupiter. Sulla had cancelled this appointment; however, relatively early in his career, Caesar had become pontifex maximus, the chief priest of Rome, who fulfilled most of the religious duties of the ancient kings.[33] He had spent his twenties in the divine monarchies of the eastern Mediterranean, and was intimately familiar with Bithynia.[34]

>Caesar made use of these connections in his rise to power, but not more than his rivals would have, or more than his other advantages. When he spoke at the funeral of his aunt Julia in 69 BC, Julius Caesar spoke of her descent from the Roman kings, and implied his own; but he also reminded his audience she had been Marius' wife, and (by implication) that he was one of the few surviving Marians.

Show me some sources of those "books" you've read in your gender-studies-like universities, lad.
I'm not quoting wikipedia, I did a liceo classico in italy, I'm from europe.

I'm quite sure you don't know what you're talking about.

Claiming decent from the gods is universal in the ancient world. That is not the same as claiming to be an immortal diety. the deficition of a Patrician means to be descended from the Gods.

Every Senator had to be a direct desendent. All of them. Pleb literally means Orphan in latin.

because their fathers werent' gods. This was understood to mean right to rule, not a claim to divinity.

Thank God
For a second i thought romans were no better that shitskin mudslims.

The church fathers in CHristianity referred to the Ressurected saints as "gods" over and over again in literature.

It's an ancient doctrine called Theosis or Divinization.

Look it up, god could mean many many things, even if you had temple, it could just be Trump like praise

DEVS IMPERATOR truly. All of them

Bad, because the most of it's population would be Muslim.

they'd be doing the best entretainment and the best palaces

I think Rome would have actually had more territories in S.America, like the Spanish.

Britain set up in the north largely because Spain was already dominating the routes to south America.

It'd be interesting to see, Rome was never really a naval power, they could fight at sea but they never prided themselves in it in the same way Spain and Britain prided their naval prowess.

Plus their main focus on expansion was always into the the east, the fertile crescent.

it would have never spread like it did. And north africa would be a lot more white I think

Islam would not exist, or would at least be confined solely to the Arabian peninsula. So everything would be pretty fucking great. Roman administration, greek culture and germanic adaptability, and no fucking arabian goat-herders trying to kill people over their cult, at least not any decent people.

As for aestethically, the nazis did the roman style pretty well

How would a modern Rome stand up to terrorism? Could they get away with slaughtering entire regions like back in their golden ages?

are they talking about the Rotherham child rape gangs?

I doubt Islam would have had so much success if it'd run smack into a unified Roman empire.

The corrupt, fragile remnants of the eastern Roman empire gave as good as it got when they invaded their territory, at least until the Crusaders came through and sacked Constantinople.

An empire politically unifying both eastern and western Europe would have been too much of a challenge for Muslim armies, they struggled against relatively minor powers like the Franks even at their height when they occupied an empire stretching from Spain to India.

If say, Belisarius had recieved more support and succeeded in permenantly reuniting Italy and North Africa with the Eastern Roman Empire, that would have road blocked Islamic expansion into Europe entirely and given the Romans a much greater manpower and resource availability to launch offensives than they otherwise had.

Please make it happen.

all roads lead to berlin

Augustus would sperg out when someone called him LORD too, he'd grow very pale, whcih is a fine thing to do if you're a Roman or Greek, plenty of people were called Lords, but being called LORD is exclusively known for being Not Kosher. That is in Seutonius

I don't think the Western Romans would allow the shit you've allowed. They would have clamped down on the slave descendants and not allowed women any rights(that ruined the western world. it's a fact).

You are talking of Western Rome right? Eastern Rome lasted for another 1000 years until it was conquered by Islam.

Augutsus was also famous for covering his head all the time for prayer. Something the Romans did, from time to time, but it was out of fashion in his own day, a lot. But he still did it all the fucking time, especially in prayer, which is a popular jewish custom in thsoe days.

jewsarebehindeverything

Let's not forget the years of constant war with the Sassanids. Had the two great powers of the world not been duking it out for centuries then either one of them could have dealt with muslim invaders.

Probably linked more the importance of maintaining the illusion that he wasn't a dictator, merely 'first amongst equals' rather than him being secretly jewish.

Much like Julius Caesar rejecting a crown during at the lupercalia.

Augustus has a really sketchy past. Lots is written on from other sources outside of himself. But he himself was quoted from many others that he would only say "I came from a nice family down south" Ancient historians were frustrated with hsi vagueness

Seriously lets be realistic

oy vey

how would the romans adapt to cars with their urban planning?

Loved that game.

Augustus was also a massive faggot, he liked to call fiiends "my dear little donkeys"

I mean also being called Lord was cool, but Augustus would flip when people called him one. But being given signs of office indicating you are a Rex, or king, such as a crown was taboo

>not calling your friends faggots

Although the roman empire does not exist as a political entity anymore, if you live in Europe well... you're just living in it!

Languages, political and legal systems, architecture, traditions and culture, religion, bureaucracy... all of it is just modern adaptation of what was the roman life of the late empire.

Legion constructed autobahns everywhere.

Yurup would look like a giant spiderweb as entire towns would be relocated to make way for the most efficient road network in human history.

this is someone's sexual fantasy, just like the other one about abbos abusing their children. it was typed with one hand and it's clammy with bodily fluids.

We wuz romanz and shit
t. anglo-saxon

imagine Roman reality shows on tv.

I would watch gladiator combat on pay per view.

Roman Empire? Degenerate. Republic could be good.

>Both describe the streets blocked with people, the decaying tenements, with the roof tiles falling from them on to passers-by, the appalling noise of the city.
>Before dawn it is the bakers who disturb you...then the schoolteachers, while all day there is the hammering of coppersmiths, the clinking of the coins of the money changers, the chanting of priests, and the patter of beggars.
>The rich can move around freely, says Juvenal. They have tall liter-bearers who lift them above the crowds. The poor have to struggle through the mud, being jostled, stepped upon, and subjected to violence. Their homes are no more than flimsy boards, vulnerable to fire and collapse. It is only the rich who can buy peace, the space of a garden, and the security and status provided by a mass of attendants.

would not we all

well seeing how the last emperor of rome gave the throne and title to the roman catholic church, id say look around

I posted paris cause I think they would use a logical system most resembling japan, with cars being a previlege not the norm. Consider that most of their big cities would be thousands of years old. Since a majority urban population would have happened way sooner and under a unified leadership, great minds of urban planning would probably be called upon from the parts of the empire to find out a common policy.

Think if Haussmann(paris), Ildefons Cerdà(barcelona) and James Hobrecht (Berlin, the romans would have conquered it by then), who were all alive and applying their respective Urban visions at around the same time, lived under one government and were called to discuss a common policy. It would be fucking great