Corporal punishment of children is almost universally correlated with increased aggression...

Corporal punishment of children is almost universally correlated with increased aggression, impaired cognitive development, drug and alcohol abuse, and lower long-term obedience.

It was also the primary form of domestic discipline until the 21st century.

Is it degenerate?

It still is the primary form unless you're really that much of a cuck.

Your way of thinking likely caused this wave of everybody wins, entitled liberal brats.

So is being shouted at by a cunt of a mother. Id take physical abuse over emotional anyday.

Teaching your children that conflicts of interest should be resolved by violence makes them pathetic violent braindead cucks, especially if you believe that violence against children is an adequate replacement to showing them why the thing they did was wrong.

is physical abuse not emotional abuse?

>Increased aggression
Is that supposed to be a bad thing? With some aggression we would not have this SJW plague.

there's a difference between aggression and the defence of principles

the former turns you into a dindu

>SJWs aren't agressive

The only reason things have gone so far in the western world is the lack of aggression, people do nothing. And yeah, there is a difference between senseless aggression and defending principles, but to defend something you need aggression, you need to fight.

aggressive idiots more useful to destroy the west than save it
regardless, aggression (however it's quantified and whatever it's directed at) is by far the least important issue raised by the violent resolution of conflict with your children

It's nigger-tier parenting. That doesn't mean you roll over and let your kids do whatever they want, but you shouldn't hit them for punishment.

>don't do it

Why have all my past gf liked being spanked OP?

It is fucking degenerate as fuck and the signalling of bad parenting. Actually talk to your fucking kids.

Yup, definitely degenerate.

Women like being shown their place.

Just beating your children is degenerate. Corporal Punishment, intelligently used as part of a system of behavioral control and education, is not.

Beating is a sign of laziness

Same with kids as with dogs, you don't have to beat them to control them, beaten dogs have their tails lowered and get hand shy, same with kids

Father here. I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old. You have to give them whoopings at this age because they don't understand reason yet. You can't sit them down and explain why their behavior was unacceptable. What they do understand in the middle of a crowded store is "if you don't behave I'm going to spank you" as their older and their brains are more developed I'm sure I'll try different techniques but at this age it is the only thing they understand.

Anyone who cares to argue with me over this I would love to hear it.

>increased aggression, impaired cognitive development, drug and alcohol abuse, and lower long-term obedience.
So it makes them not a cuck?

This explains a lot.

/thread

Beating is laziness. Spanking is necessary and a sign of good parenting. It is a last resort after reason has failed.

You have to instill some fear of consequence in a child when they misbehave, so that's why parents go for corporal punishment. Everyone fears pain or aggression. It's unrealistic though. There are many ways to misbehave that don't result in pain or physical aggression. I think spanking as an answer to everything is lazy parenting, and it doesn't teach a lesson as well as more in depth methods like sitting your child down and having a stern talk about the consequences. If there are ways to demonstrate those consequences, then do so. Don't be lazy when raising your own fucking kid.

My bf and I regularly hit each other on s&m nights. This is completely unrelated to childhood corporal punishment of course.

It does make them not a cuck. It just makes them more outlandish and nigger-tier

It's necessary at times but never in anger. At a young age, kids don't always have the ability to understand why something is wrong and can continue attempting it despite your effort at verbal communication.

Every mammal on the planet trains their offspring using small amounts of negative reinforcement using pain.
Hitting while you are enraged is degenerate.

This except my kids are 4 and 5

When a child repeatedly does the same thing after having stern talks with him/her about the action, then what do you do? Just continue to explain it over and over again? Thats not going to help.

Spanking your child and then spending the time to explain why they were punished is the correct answer. With watning first of course. It is also key to have your child explain why they were punished as well to ensure they understand consequences of their actions.

>warning
Stupid spelling error.

oh wow, haven't seen this exact thread with this exact picture before....

oh wait.... I have...

I got beat up by dad and severely punished as a kid for misbehaving

I grew up fine

Karma for hitting your kids.

Aggression and assertiveness are not the same thing.

Kys
I was very rarely spanked and I ended up a disobedient asshole with a bad attitude and a Minor speech impediment. Wanna guess how many of those things came from an occasional ass slap? I'll give you a hint:
>Goose egg

>I grew up fine
A... user

Your dad beat you and now you're here. Funny how that goes.

>reason has failed
Sounds like a parenting problem.

Spanking your kids is literally nigger-tier parenting

Degenerate faggots get out.

>Expecting to reason with a three year old as you would an adult.

Pretty true. I've always heard this meme and then my gf wanted me to make her know her place.

She says she only wants to be treated that way in the bed room but it's gradually affected how I deal with her outside sex.

It seems the more and more I guide her with my patriarchal roles, the more she feels at ease and understanding of the natural order of things.

It's called kinesthetic learning. It's perfectly acceptable.

This.

Putting my own anecdotal evidence aside, I don't think it's ever a good idea to take the "don't spake 'em!" meme seriously. I mean, this meme came from a culture that told us it's ok to become helicopter parents and to fuck over the latch keys. This is the culture that is full of know-nothing liberal sjw anti-white pansies.

They are the ones claiming that spanking has all of these "bad" effects. Where are the numbers? Who payed for those numbers and what are the biases?

Fuck them, I'm going to spank my kids (with tough love and restraint) one day because I'm not a fucking degenerate who can't think.

>using corporal punishment as the primary punishment
>not using it to divert attention away from negative behavior so that nonviolent methods can be used.

It's like people complaining that screwdrivers are inefficient hammers

>Expecting treatment of a three year old not to inculcate behavioral patterns and attitudes that last well into adulthood

Regular beating is for assholes parents.
Spanking or light slaps may have an educational value.

If you are falling for the "just speak to your kid" meme you are either a cuck or a skype and you deserve a spoiled and spineless offspring. You are raising other future cucks.

Spanking is little bitches, a leather belt is way better.

Women are happier when they stay at home.

This

Beating no. Spanking yes.

Honestly, I think the people who defend things like taking away priviliges for extended periods of time and long time outs are being fucking hypocrites. They are both punishments meant to inflict some sort of pain on the kid, and honestly spanking lasts less long as is less unpleasant than a long time out or not using the computer or whatever. Try to explain why what they did was wrong sure, but if you're going to punish them anyway then I don't see it as being any worse.

Spanking is LITERALLY nigger tier behavior.

The same fags who spank and practice abusive nigger style parenting love to grandstand against pedophiles and child """"abusers"""", because apparently loving children is worse than physically abusing them.

Things are so fucked up, but don't expect normalfags to have the ability to think logically.

I smack my son if needed but it is an absolute last resort or a response to a dangerous situation like when he was two and tried to play with a light socket

Taking away privileges and time outs are both solid analogues to the real world consequences of unruly behavior. I can count on one hand the number of times I have been afraid of a 'whoopin' as an adult.

Moreover, separating a child from their recreational stand-bys / their peer group for some period of time gives them time to meditate on why they are being punished. The core rationale behind the punishment is a bit more sophisticated than simply 'meaning to inflict pain' in the sense you propose.

If you do spanking right you only have to do it a couple of times. It doesn't actually hurt the child anyways its just a fear thing. If you are actually hurting the child then you are hitting too hard. When children are younger than 4 or so, they don't understand anything but fear. If you give them time out by the time its done they forgot what the punishment was even about and its not very frightening. But tapping them once with a wooden spoon is enough to keep them in line for a while with only occasional reminders.

when i was a kid i lived with my uncles, my uncle beat the shit out of me every time i did something wrong, i was a fucking devil as a kid.

i got tired of the beatings and i went to live with my mom, she didn't discipline me at all and tried to tell me what i did wrong, as a kid i did not understand because i was a fucking kid. ended up dropping high school

now as an adult i have a job, finished high school and i'm on my way to my first car, to this day i wish they never stopped beating me as a kid

Yes and no. If we take a hypothetical of say, stealing a cookie from the pantry, we can then compare the two forms of punishment. In this situation emotional abuse from a parent would likely feed off of the feeling of guilt. The punishment is to make the child who broke the rule to feel guilty for the act they committed. The problem with verbal (emotional) discipline is it has no finite end to it. No actual action takes place that ends the punishment in the eyes of the child. With physical abuse the pafrent plays off of the same emotion of guilt, but then rectifies that feeling with in the child by physically punishing them. A few spanks and the child now knows that they should feel guilty if they ever steal a cookie again BUT the punishment meted out has a finite end to it. The spanks hurt, the child understands what they did wrong but also that there punishment is over. In a way they can now feel better about themselves because the crime has been rectified, the feeling of guilt no longer needs to exist in there psyche because they have "paid the price" for their crime.

We tried the "no spanking" approach already. You know what came of it? Millenials.

I worked with this old guy. He was the nicest guy I ever met.

He had a couple of kids. One was a doctor and one was a lawyer. He told me to never beat your kids. So I don't.

The key is to never let your kids see you doing degenerate shit. They see everything and they will follow suit even if you tell them otherwise.

You want to make your kids love and respect you to the point that they are deathly afraid of disappointing you. If you have that everything else will fall in line.

Gonna steal this fresh pasta. Feel like we might need it after tomorrow.

See ya wouldn't wanna be ya.

con't.

...also never let your kids hang out with degenerate friends. This is key.

Hold them accountable when they do wrong and NEVER go back on your word when you say you will hold them accountable.

>20XX
>Not practicing peaceful parenting

I shiggy diggy

I was spanked. I don't have those issues. Fuck off OP.

The emotional pain is worse than the actual pain.Nobody wants to be hit by their father. Spanking works in societies where kids respect their parents. They don't anymore.

Everyone I know that got smacked around as a kid is a mess as an adult.

I wanna be as loving to my kids as possible, and physical discipline isn't being loving. There are other effective ways to discipline. Corporal punishment is for googles.

That's some ruthless cold blooded shit right there.

Youngster was probably fucking with him for months.

But you post here.

Moly plz

Millennials been thinking this is some kind of unknown phenomena specific to humans.

I caught up, now fuck yall dragging me down, your children are dragging you down, and are dragging us down.

If you have a family, isolate absolutely otherwise your legacy will be "tainted".

Keep your stupid, annoying and useless children away from me and my purple Lamborghini and I promise to donate some change to feed the needy children ELSEWHERE.

ip theft is very real.

People keep using terms like "smacked around" but thats not what spanking is. Spanking is something you do rarely and with fair warning to make the kid understand. An ideal spank is completely painless but the child will still remember it. It is also best to use an implement like a wooden spoon or a belt because it can then be used as a visual warning in the future.

>are being fucking hypocrites.
No its is opposite.
>fine to spank kid but not fine to spank adults
>for adults it is only fine to take out privileges
Why? because spanking is too fucking effective! so adults fought for privilege not to be spanked and able to commit crimes without proper punishment (pay attention this privilege received first most entitled classes of society). It is only not hypocritical if we apply corporal punishment uniformly regardless of age and social status.

That dad looks like he's enjoying that a bit too much...

Hot.

>leroy jankins IRL among animals
Who would've been thought.

Which (((doctor))) or (((researchers))) came up with this.

My older cousin who used to babysit me when I was a toddler told me that I was a terrible kid (threw fits, constantly misbehaved, etc) until my parents started spanking me when I acted out and that from then on I was a little angel.

I don't even remember getting spanked but two or three times in my childhood.

>Corporal punishment of children is almost universally correlated . . .

Correlation does not imply causation. Middle classes have been brainwashed not to use corporal punishment, so those from poorer and more dysfunctional families are more likely to still use it.

The problem lies in the way "corporal punishment" is seen today in society.
But humans evolved with violence, it's not something completely new. Carrot and stick kind of approach.

and without it, look at what we have become

Notifying CPS you fucking monster.

>Homosexuality has almost universally correlated with higher use of drugs and alcohol, higher rates of STD's and AIDS, early death rates, general degeneracy and self destructive behavior.

>It was also not the primary form of sexual preference until it became acceptable in the late 20th and early 21st century

>Is OP gay?