The best way to take a red pill is to see how inconsistent your blue-pilled beliefs really are. Let's begin...

The best way to take a red pill is to see how inconsistent your blue-pilled beliefs really are. Let's begin. This will be a fun exercise and I expect large amounts of butthurt from you plebbit refugees out there.

>Proposition 1: Most modern academics believe that it would be impossible for ancient South Americans, ancient Egyptians, ancient Scandinavians, ancient Chinese, ancient Africans, ancient Greeks and ancient Indians to ALL have had contact with each other. Remember, most academics believe that the New World was first visited by the Chinese, the Vikings, or Columbus.

>Proposition 2: There is a symbol called the Ouroboros which represents a snake devouring its own tail. This symbol was accorded great significance in ALL of the above ancient civilizations. The symbol existed in these civilizations independently, in remarkably similar fashion (always devouring its own tail, almost always linked to ideas about eternity and the link between creation and destruction).

>Conclusion: The commonly accepted wisdom of academics, that the above mentioned civilizations could not have contacted each other, is incorrect. It is not resonable that so many disparate groups, seperated by geography, language, beliefs, and culture, would have devised exactly the same symbol with the same meaning.

>Conclusion 2: An alternate explanation to the one given by academics is that this Ouroboros symbol belonged to a civilization which existed prior to all those mentioned, and from which all those mentioned originated. If this is true, modern beliefs about ancient human history must be revised.

Come the fuck at me. Don't even think about using a faulty appeal to authority.

Other urls found in this thread:

phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/23/a-fossil-snake-with-four-legs/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7EAlTcZFwY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuang_Zhou
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterns_in_nature
youtube.com/watch?v=4-PkAQcuZOw
home.hiwaay.net/~jalison/
home.hiwaay.net/~jalison/easter2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People come up with similar ideas without ever contacting each other all the time
For example: Newton and Leibniz invented calculus on their own

it is my deepest conviction that conclusion 2 is true.

A couple of times could be coincidence. After a certain number of times, one must admit a pattern is present.

Supernatural things such as demons exist and ancient cultures worshipped them, thus they get same symbols

I'm pretty sure I drew it as a child without copying it from anywhere. I genuinely think a snake eating its own tail is very obvious and easy imagery to come up with independently.

My thing is wondering how the agricultural revolution happened more or less concurrently everywhere in the world.

After 10,000 of thousands of years of hunter gather existence, why did the high races start planting crops all of a sudden?

Common symbols exist without contact because man takes it from the collective unconscious.

Name a tribe that doesn't know fire or spear.
>every human population used fire or spears somewhere in their history
>those populations never contacted each other
>therefore aliens
Could it be that different cultures invented it independently?

We're not talking about basic tools. We're talking about specific symbols.

Given the hundreds of thousands of choices available to make into symbols of meaning and import, the uniformity and lack of variety should be telling.

The ouroboros is not the only symbol showing up all around the world. There are conspicious Connections between and in the mythology of all the people around the world to any given time, hence I tend to lean also to conclusion 2.

In my opinion we are drawn to mythology because deep down we know that there is Knowledge hidden between and in the lines of it and yet we disregard them as fairy tales and the ancient people as "primitive".

Its not a snake dumbass its got legs

They don't need to all have contact with each other for it to spread, there just needs to be one unbroken chain.
Like let's start with Egypt, we know for a fact that Egyptians had contact with Persians, Greeks and Africans. The Greeks likely has contact with the slavs who had contact with Germanics and the Scandinavians, the Scandinavians likely sailed to the new world giving them contact with the North Americans abs eventually South Americans. Now we have gotten around the world, with the Egyptians only knowing 3 other groups.

Also it makes sense for imagery like that to spread because of its symbolism being both obvious and relating to the human experience.

So I would say no, there probably wasn't some super civilization that we have no archeological evidence for.

Not only tools nor symbols.
Concrete connections in their mythology. You would be asthonished if you read them yourself there is almost always these red line in them connecting them. Certain cataclystic events, certain teachers and masters showing up and helping the people and so on.

Read "Maps of meaning" by Jordan B Peterson. You will read the strongest theory on why they share the ouroboros symbol.

>THIS SHITTY THREAD AGAIN

take it to /x/

phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/23/a-fossil-snake-with-four-legs/

> It is not resonable that so many disparate groups ... would have devised exactly the same symbol with the same meaning.

Here's your error. You didn't justify this at all. Pure emotion.

t. a mathematician who's life revolves around pointing out holes in your retarded arguments on a venetian orchid collecting web server

you niggers need to watch Symbols of an Ancient Sky

m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7EAlTcZFwY

You need to read 500 pages but the tl:dr version is that the snake eating itself represents "the category of all those things that are unknown and the unknown unknowns, self sustaining and eternal."

Zhuang Zhou would probably agree.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuang_Zhou

Look into Daoism user you might be interested.

Daoism is talked about in said book as well and yes there's a connection according to the author.

Then explain how it is reasonable, without relying on assumptions about the origin of the sentient thought and the development of civilization.

Oh wait, you can't.

The image itself is present in nature.
Also what separates basic from more complex? Why can't Ouroboros be something intuitive?
>the uniformity and lack of variety should be telling.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterns_in_nature

The concept of Convergent Evolution, applied to ideas, addresses this nicely.

Pyramids are a good example. If you want to build something tall but are limited to stone and dirt, a pyramid is a logical choice, because 7/8 of the mass of any right pyramid is in the bottom half. This makes it far more stable than a tower, and also circumvents the compression limits of the available materials.

What about a third option? That symbol as well as other global symbols such as the Swastika were given to all of humanity by spiritual forces.

Abbos

All civilisations have a version of the Flood story as well.

It's easy to explain:

>Flood did indeed happen
>Only few humans survived
>As humanity grew in numbers they split apart and formed separate tribes
>each separate tribe kept some of the same legends and symbols

The problem is that the Bible tells this story, and the Bible MUST be wrong according to academia.

Yes, I can. In fact, it was done here: It's a simple occam's razor argument. A snake eating its own tail is not some rocket science level shit. Why don't you think it's beyond the realm of possibility that every civilization developed language without having the connections we have today? They also created clothing, writings, etc. Did they also all draw pictures of the grass and sky? Of the sun and trees?

This isn't some /x/-tier alien conspiracy. It's called fucking going outside and opening your eyes and drawing what you see.

By the way, I have no obligation to try to refute your claims that "it's reasonable to believe x" because the burden of proof is on you. If you want to make a claim I should believe x, you better fucking support it, not rebut with "hurr durr y dont u just tell me y its not true?! u cant prove god dont exist! checkm7!"

youtube.com/watch?v=4-PkAQcuZOw

>ancient South Americans, ancient Egyptians, ancient Scandinavians, ancient Chinese, ancient Africans, ancient Greeks and ancient Indians
These people existed at different times, even if we call them all 'ancient'. There has been a long history of trade across Eurasia and North Africa, since the advent of horse domestication. All it takes is for one piece of metalwork to find its way from India to Northern Europe, complete with carved symbol, for it to be adopted and copied.

yes

really makes one gogitate
home.hiwaay.net/~jalison/

Easter Island, Nazca, Ollantaytambo, Paratoari, Tassili n'Ajjer and Giza are all aligned on a single great circle. Additional ancient sites that are located within one tenth of one degree of this great circle include Petra; Perseopolis; Khajuraho; Pyay, Sukothai and Anatom Island.

Near Ollantaytambo, Machupicchu and Cuzco are within one quarter of a degree. The Oracle at Siwa in the western Egyptian desert is within one quarter of a degree. In the Indus Valley, Mohenjo Daro and Ganweriwala are within one quarter of a degree. The ancient Sumerian city of Ur and Angkor temples in Cambodia and Thailand are within one degree of the great circle. The Angkor temple at Preah Vihear is within one quarter of a degree.

This circle crosses over the source and the mouth of the Amazon, the dividing line between upper and lower Egypt, the mouth of the Tigris-Euphrates, the Indus River and the Bay of Bengal near the mouth of the Ganges. The circle also crosses over a number of areas of the world that are largely unexplored, including the Sahara Desert, the Brazilian Rainforest, the highlands of New Guinea, and underwater areas of the North Atlantic Ocean, the South Pacific Ocean and the South China Sea

good vid

also secrets in plain sight
and carl munck - the code

checkout our randall carlson on jew roagans podcast

I'm not saying ancient aliens

but atlantis

I don't see why its necessary for all of these civilisations to have met for the Ouroboros to have become so ubiquitous. I propose that something more akin to a chain of influence took place. As in, one group to a second then that second to a third, etc.

You're also making a claim so fuck off faggot, the burden of proof is on both us. Fuck Occam's razor. Your assumption is ignorant to the PLETHORA of concordant symbols. It's not just a snake eating it's own tail dumbass.

Pinecone, star in a sickle moon, and fucking lizard men are seen all over the world. And these often aren't even just similar concepts--they're the same exact depictions. And, not to mention that not only does the ouroboruos appear in many cultures, but it often is directly involved in the creation of the world. Do you have any idea how many fucking creation stories involve snakes as bringers of knowledge or creators of the world? There are a shit ton, my dude. Like, way too many to respectably call it a coincidence. It's not as simply as Occam's garbage "lel they just all naturally thought snakes birthed the world and brought knowledge to man, I mean, I thought the same thing when I was 7 tee hee"

Do your research before you spout shit.

Thanl you user for your valuable participation.

Can you give me a source that it was in all those cultures? I would like to see for myself. Clearly you have done it yourself.

Nice thread btw. A little /x/, but aren't we all?

always glad to contribute to an ancient cultures thread bro

>to claim that another claim requires even a single shred of evidence also requires justification

No. It's called "how to reason as a functioning human being."

Also,
>OP claims a snake eating itself is proof of some ancient ayylien sheeit
>Say he doesn't have enough evidence and his reasoning is weak.
>"B-b-b-but y-you're the retard because ["evidence" that was conveniently left out of le uber epic red pill xD] do your research dude."

Time for first grade rhetoric for you. It's not my job to "do my research" when the claim has been made that there is sufficient evidence for a historic conspiracy involving snakes. I came here to entertain the idea, found the evidence lacking, and pointed this out. Only to be met by the retard in chief [you] who then says I need to go watch some 4 hour long Youtube documentary to fill in the gaps of OP's "argument."

You are no better than the braindead SJWs who can't even string a simple implication together.

that's possible, but we ceratinly have shared ancestors, so why not shared memes

Is it cuddling the mouse?

this one always makes me boggle

home.hiwaay.net/~jalison/easter2.html

Easter Island is triangular and the three volcanic peaks on Easter form an isosceles triangle with an apex angle of 108° and base angles of 36°. The ratio between the length of the base and the lengths of the sides is φ(phi) (6.8 miles x 1.618 = 11 miles).

Ouroboros
Mate I watched a pet gardener snake eats its own tail when I was like 4 years old lol

nice pasta

Read virtually anything by Joseph Campbell. Some symbols are powerful and burned into the human subconscious, in the same way that a baby mouse be terrified of the shadow of a bird of prey, but not other birds, even if it has never been outside and has never been socialized with other rats. You think the ouroboros is it? All the great myths are more or less universal.

You keep referring to "academics" but you must not know very many, or any at all.

I know mice aren't the same as rats, typo.

This is no scholastic debate though I get your point and agree with you. But as I read more and more ancient mythology from everywhere around the world and related thesis about them from unconventional minds like Graham Hancock I got to the point where I can say even if all these thesis are wrong they are very entertaining thougts and enlightend ideas you can play with beside solid Knowledge about ancient mythology nontheless.

Hence I am not here to prove anything but rather entertaining an out of the box idea even if it is BS it has a positive Polarisation.

People see things in nature and reproduce them in art.

The idea of a creature eating itself from the tail was so WHOAH so deep to cave men that they all depicted it.

Edgy pseudo intellectualism existed from the beginning of time.

Huh of course there were multiple civilizations before these ones. Most are lost under the sea or buried under the ground. Not sure why you think this is some kind of crazy thinking?

Any science founded on Interpretation is prone to mistakes and simply failable likewise with humans in general. This is no math nor physics but a sound deduction of ancient history.

For example "the origin of consciousness in the break down of the bicameral mind" from Julian Yanes would - if he is right . with his thesis destroy Campell.

Butsound thesis does not necessariliy means it is true.

The gist or my point is that there is somthing peculiar to ancient myth that draw us to them and that they should not be dismissed as fairy tales or reduced to simply psychology mechanics.

Maybe because... Get this... Snakes... Yeah snakes... Will catch and eat their own tail.

The metaphor is an example of convergent evolution, but the act itself happens in nature

Read a book kraut

are you familiar with the younger and elder dryas periods, about 11,800 years ago? they coincided with a sudden end of an ice age, at that time north america was covered by 1-2 mile of ice sheet. what happens to sea level if a land ice sheet melts? where are most cities?