tfw you realize the story of the tower of babel is a warning against globalism and multiculturalism

> tfw you realize the story of the tower of babel is a warning against globalism and multiculturalism

> - And they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.”

> "one city" = one world government
> "a tower whose top is in the heavens" = this government tries to take the place of God and discards God
> "let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth" = let's define ourselves as one entity so that there will be no other place for mankind than in our city/government

> "Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth."

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel 1
lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVanswers/2006/05-11.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump for mythology interest

Don't Christians strictly believe that no part of the Bible is a metaphor? IDK, b/c I'm not Christian.

bump.

Not necessarily. The bible has many metaphors in Revelations. Some Christians believe in a fully literal bible, while others say it has metaphorical value.

The metaphors are called parables, and it's usually called a parable before the story is told; these are fictitious stories meant to convey a message in which the results of the parable are something that would literally happen. Example: The Parable of the Ten Virgins.

So this is what biblical literalist believe is how different races came about? And different cultures didn't exist until after this event? Wasn't this way after the formation of empires like Egypt?

>The bible has many metaphors in Revelations
Could you give me some examples? I'm actually really interested in this topic, since I pretty much exhausted my interest in Greek mythology.

I think it was just a couple centuries after the flood. All humans in the region would've been descended from the same couple families. I may be wrong though.

Obviously there are some metaphors. But just because there is some metaphors doesn't mean Gods not real.
That's like saying because you said it's raining cats and dogs ONCE that everything you say is a metaphor.
>inb4 double negative
I know.

>bible says something stupid and outlandish
>"its a parable bro"
>bible says something that is clearly historically inaccurate or scientifically impossible
>"its a metaphor bro"
>bible says something that is clearly specific and still stupid and outlandish
>"old testament bro"
>new testament says something clearly specific that doesnt align with conservative thinking (all men are created equal)
>"what it really means is (my opinion) bro "

kys christcucks

>atheist comments on the stupidity in the bible
>"FEDORA FEDORA FEDORA STOP TRIGGERING ME"

That's what apologist scum say. God can do anything even it is sciencetifically or logically impossible because he is omnipotent. Even in Aristotle's paradox, God can both lift the rock and yet be unable to lift it simply because he is God. It sounds cheap but it's logically conceivable.

>anyone who doesnt believe in muh god is a liberal edgy faggot

>le "deus vult" we wuz crusaders cosplay, amiright

kys

>the bible said that all men are created equal
>kys

Ezekiel is pretty good if you want to get into biblical mythology. biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel 1
Reminder that this is true though, as outlandish as that may seem to a non-believer. God is omnipotent so he decided to do some cool stuff.

Wrath of God destroying the Bilderburg Group when?

Oh look, le enlightened atheists arrived.

We need to start having these threads during school hours so that we won't have this problem.

This is actually pretty interesting nice job, op.

thought that was a pointless exercise in cruelty and god literally ending a utopia on par with the wildest of naive fantasy

Leviticus 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

Leviticus 25:10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.

Leviticus 25:17 Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but thou shalt fear thy God:for I am the LORD your God.

Acts 2 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”

37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

If you read The Bible what is and isn't a metaphor is quite clear. You should read Hugh Ross.

>i`l` rebuke this argument with a picture of a fedora

>haha, we christians are so clever and witty.

>hah, stupid atheists cant even make an argument without insults. We christians base our beliefs only on strong, confirmed evidence.

>haha, atheists btfo`d by this picture.

Which part of this says that all men are created equal?

lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVanswers/2006/05-11.htm
No, We are judged by our deeds. The Bible clearly means where you are born in life makes no difference to him. If we were all equal some of us wouldn't go to Hell vs. Heaven.

GUYS CRUSADE AGAINST THE BILDERBURG GROUP LETS DO IT.

He's clearly just messing around.

Don't be such an autist

if you want something more obvious here you go

Galatians 3:26-29
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Please read my argument to shut you down. Yuri Bezminov himself was a huge supporter of how The Bible hates the concept of absolute equality.

I've started falling into Christianity i've got some Christian /lit/ to work on next weekend.

But that's still not "all"
Yes, we're children of god through faith, but what of those who are not of our faith whom would do us and our kin harm?
Yes, we might be equal through christ, but those without christ are not our equal.

Doesn't say we're all equal, just says we're all Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise. I have no intention of stealing the inheritance promised to my black brothers, but that doesn't mean I have to surrender the inheritance of my nation to them.

you haven't made a post in this thread regarding an argument against equality through faith in the bible

wow where'd that extra Yes get in there from
tiredposting so hard

>anime watching weeb
>christian
>confirmed stupid as fuck after getting BTFO'd multiple times

im convinced you're actually a le ironic atheist trying to paint christcucks as delusional neckbeards.

>lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVanswers/2006/05-11.htm
No, We are judged by our deeds. The Bible clearly means where you are born in life makes no difference to him. If we were all equal some of us wouldn't go to Hell vs. Heaven. Also The Bible abundandtely makes it clear that their are certain things to be gained in Heaven through your actions and there are different rings of Hell. The judgement doesn't stop at Heaven vs. Hell

well yeah obviously the bible hates anyone who doesn't believe in it, how else would you strong-arm nonbelievers? Christianity is so convoluted that you can pretty much get any message you want from the bible, flip it open to any page and you'll see contradiction after contradiction. The only consistent theme in the bible is that the one unforgivable sin is non-belief.

Most believe in metaphors and the bigger pictures of the stories.

Yes, babylon built a tower, yes babylon was multicultural
No, the tower wasn't so fucking high it touched clouds and almost reached god.

I was referring to racial equality because that seemed to be the elephant in the room, especially considering this is pol in a thread about how multiculturalism is bad

tesr

All men are equal under God
that doesn't mean all men are equal in ability

No, it was just a story about how God is a petty bitch and wants to keep man as nothing but a bunch of savages.

test

>a tower whose top is in the heavens
mistranslated. It's literally "A top with the heavens" meaning they painted heavenly pictures on the ceilings of the towers.

Though it is crazy, that babel was a linguistic virus. Even funnier than the Jews recognized this and stopped it from spreading to them by being very rigid when copying their scriptures.

then the Pentecostal revival in the late 80's and early 90's happened.. and now we have what we have. and L. Bob Rife is at the top of it all!

Or maybe, just maybe, whoever wrote the Bible was high on shrooms and this was the best excuse for why there are different cultures and languages and why we live so far apart and shit that he could think of.

Saint Augustine in 400 AD

>Often, a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other parts of the world, about the motions and orbits of the stars and even their sizes and distances, … and this knowledge he holds with certainty from reason and experience. It is thus offensive and disgraceful for an unbeliever to hear a Christian talk nonsense about such things, claiming that what he is saying is based in Scripture. We should do all we can to avoid such an embarrassing situation, which people see as ignorance in the Christian and laugh to scorn.

There are many interpretations to scripture generally speaking the older the passage the more likely it should be taken etiologically meaning that although the story has profound eternal truth it may not necessarily be literally true. However certain things are needed to literally believed. The primary one being that Jesus Christ rose from the dead for example. Obviously a few more but much of Genesis and even parts of the Exile in Egypt need not be taken literally.

Christfags I actually have no problem with the idea of some supreme being who might be called God, but arguing with you lot is like drinking with a fork. You refuse to clarify what is literal and what is metaphorical, and when called out on things you can't explain default to "God's plan", which is a theological cover all but is useless as a predictive mechanism. Top that off with the fact that without using witchdoctor tier biblical "predictions", no one ever offers evidence as to how their specific brand of Christianity is to be favoured above the myriad other interpretations. I can get that there might be a God, I can even get that he may somehow be interested in human life, but I absolutely cannot get how you think you can know its will.

>oh shit they're onto me
>if they pull this off they'll be as great as me
>they can't be as great as me, I'm the greatest
>time to undo all their accomplishments and cast them down as low as they'll go
Why is OT God such a sore cunt? Wasn't the only time He did this either.

Does man deserve a benevolent God?

What you all need to understand is that God has observed infinite societies. Humans are just one of them. Much of the old testament are anecdotes of societies that have existed elsewhere in the universe - it is a history of failed simulations that God had created. We exist in the result of these experiments.

Thus, the story of the tower of babel is not about us. The tower was never constructed on earth. It is an example of an early society where God gave the people the same language/appearance.

Without conflict they eventually reached an era where they began to construct a simulation of another universe - in which they would be God.

The problem is that without conflict they were like a bunch of sheltered rich kids; in other words they would be terrifying Gods to their creation. Thus they needed to be destroyed and dispersed.

Our universe is a testing ground for souls. Through suffering we acquire the wisdom that makes us worthy of becoming one with the hive-mind that is God. He has full GM powers in the universe, but only influences history slightly and watches the ripple effects. If the outcome is good he leaves it be.

Thus we can be certain of victory in the end times but there is suffering in the interim.

For literal and metaphorical I would implode you to talk with a priest I can only inform you of the method to deciding:
As for what version, I would say that generally speaking Christianity in its various forms are not that different from one another. The more traditional though the closer to the truth of the gospel. Many churches have fallen from the truth not irredeemably so but those that accept homosexuality and violate other commandments laid out in scripture are false.

Personally I was raised Protestant but have been gravitating toward Catholicism. I see Protestantism as a gateway toward the ultimate truth in Catholicism. In that many serious Christian theologians in the inspection of the truth have become Catholics. However my youth pastor made an excellent point, Catholicism more accurately displays the holiness of God and Protestantism often more accurately displays his Grace. Ultimately it depends most denominations aren't bad.

The bliblical prediction of Babylon's fall is pretty incriminating for all of general christianity, but I can't justify certain denominations.

Do you have any basis for this belief?

he's a god of war
he's not supposed to be nice
He's not nice in the Quran either, because it's the same old Yahweh promoting war again
the difference is that Jesus isn't the same God

google search the EU head quarters and tell me it didn't really make you think...

tower of babel, i think it wasmore to do with aleins and how they used man, then scatter'd them.I think there shiould be diffrent places for people to pracctice diffrent things. like nudist beachs