Hey Cred Forums should I work for Customs and Border Protection or Immigration and Customs Enforcement?

Hey Cred Forums should I work for Customs and Border Protection or Immigration and Customs Enforcement?

Work for ICE, you get to do fun things like deport people instead of searching people's shit for contraband

I wanna work with dogs though

There's a chance you won't get to work with dogs in CBP either. Ask yourself if you want to sit at an airport all day or 50/50 patrol the Mojave (wishing for a nuclear winter) or sit on the border searching people for drugs

Airport sounds nice, only way I'd want to be on the border is Canadian (I'm fluent in French if that makes a difference)

Yes, if you can get the job.

Great benefits, government retirement system, really good pay, a badge, the honor of knowing you make a difference each day.

I really just wanna work with a dog as my partner but I'm not sure what path to take to get that career.

That does help a lot, but where you live also affects where you'll be stationed. IMO, snowmobiling on the Canadian border beats playing papers please all day

CBP officers are the ones in blue uniforms and they use dogs and they carry guns. You see them on the border checking cars for drugs. They also work in airports processing people's passports when they arrive.

Border patrol agents are obviously the ones in green

Both are great, good benefits

I live in Oregon. But moving to upstate New York doesn't seem too bad

Wait doesn't ICE do that on land borders like Mexico? Or am I mistaken

What about college, I'm a sophomore right now and I need to pick my major soon. I was kinda interested in something involving foreign relations. Maybe even French. But idk what area to focus in.

>Jew York
>not bad
Pick one and only one, any other state that borders Canada is better

Country side looks nice

Be an HSI (Homeland Security Investigator) they are hiring something like 12k new HSI agents.

ICE is deportation cops.

CBP is sitting on the border or in the airport doing nothing fun.

Do I get to work with dogs in HSI?

It looks nice but the laws of the land are California-tier. Upstate has much less sjws and libs than the city, but that doesn't mean you can have guns any fun at all. It's your choice but do some research before you commit to it.

Wouldn't I get special privileges because of my job?

I wouldn't count on it.

Damn :(

Any advice for what I need to major in?

border protection, help keep those spics off our land

No, but you get to investigate human trafficking rings which involves a lot of CP watching, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

I really want to work with dogs and protect my country

>I really just wanna work with a dog as my partner but I'm not sure what path to take to get that career.

Work for the Hillary Clinton Foundation..

take on border control, you'll work with drug dogs if you work the checkpoints

No like cool dogs that people like and serve a purpose.

Dope. Serving America and dogs. My two favorite things

yeah you might find some dope too

*vaporwave plays in background*