>rent increases
>artists can't afford to live there
>only rich yuppies
>becomes culturally irrelevant

it's sad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry squirting paint from your anus isn't paying the rent these days ya fucking waste of skin artist.

Maybe you should get a real job, art is a hobby, nothing more. Fuck you OP.

Someone is mad... The robot is inevitable... You don't need to shed your husk yet buddy

get a real job you fucking loser, also NYC is fucking gay. Im from NY and live in a town 25-30 minutes away. It fucking is hot and humid and smells like shit and everyone is a dick. Fuck NYC

hi poorfag,quit hanging out in midtown and on the subway

>not leaving nyc in the summer to vacation in milan

Listen to this leaf telling you what's up. Fuck New York. Artists are shitty, self-serving people that hide cash for the rich. Get a finance degree or become a cop and fuck up some minorities so they respect the rule of law.

I sing and I've seen the people that go off to New York to make it big. They're a bunch of pretentious cunts spending daddy's money to try to make it big. Some guy I know from high school blew damn near $100k in loans to go to NYU. He's 5'4" and looks like a fairy. He'll never get a part. He better be ready to get his masters so he can teach and have some semblance of a life afterwards.

art is gay

Art is stupid
expressionism is bullshit
why don't you at-least show some discipline if you're into art and depict meaningful events, as if they were songs, like the original purpose. Not to show how, woah, different you are.
faggot

never been there Alhamdulillah

This is objectively wrong. Artists risked an absolute ton back in the day and it was for good reason. You'd probably like Ezra Pound. Our problem today are not artists but just degenerating in general as a culture.

I dont live in NY anymore leaf
Please read the whole post you autistic fuck, also I dont have the money to just go to milan, go fuck yourself

>in this thread 90% white poor fags, to embarrassed to say where they are from

>becomes culturally irrelevant
>culturally irrelevant
>culturally
>culture
>irrelevant

Who the fuck needs culture when you're loaded?
"Culture" is what poor people have.

>"artists" such as myself cant live in a downtown penthouse

>im so spesial

>why no one recognizes my genius

fuck off faggot.

Found the STEM autists

I honestly don't know how people can live on minimum wage or not much more in a city like that

I honestly don't know why people continue to "live" in such a city with such a pitiful wage. McDonalds, Walmart, and other min wage jobs are everywhere, and cost of living is way lower in the midwest and south. Hell even just moving to the burbs or rural New York would probably be a good deal cheaper to live in.

>I'm wealthy and live in New York

>I honestly don't know how people can live on minimum wage or not much more in a city like that
By selling drugs or doing other illegal things on the side or instead of having a job.

you want these nignogs? you can have emm what city should we ship em to?

New York City has the most billionaires of any city on earth

>New York
>Culturally irrelevant
u avin a giggle m8?

And?

New York is literally the definition of a giant safe space for Jews. It's their little playground.

>mfw nobody wonders how they afford a billion skyscrapers

>artists can't afford to live there
the good ones can

there are no art movements coming from nyc anymore. it's all about london, toronto and san franscisco

Imagine you had an apartment with a nice view of the park and then someone builds a rectangular monolith right in front of you.

there's more to culture than art. art scenes move all the time, Paris used to be the ultimate epicenter of art from Renaissance through cubism, New York got hot for a while post-WWI through let's say the 80's. it's an ebb and flow, every area gets their time for a time

Philly is more relevant to culture than jew york, kid. Nobody moves to New York city anymore except homo "journalists" and boring paper pushing bankers who all think Patrick Bateman is something to aspire to (not the killing people or being an interesting guy part, just the camp faggotry of obsessing over suits and business cards).

Manhattan is a stinking sauna and the rest is STILL swarming with violent niggers after all these years. Hell, 50% of the time Manhattan is also swarming with niggers, who are there to go shopping with all the money they recently robbed from tourists in Harlem or some other "romantic" ghetto shithole.

you are not looking in the right places then... people keep thinking is has to be from manhattan (soho). the ones in the know look for it in Red hook williamsburg and parts of east NY and Queens. Art changes its fluid, but with that said i will admit its harder for artist to find spaces to work. they have to move into ghetto neighborhoods but that also inspires them?

i need another drink

lol no it isn't. i know your impression of new york is when your parents took you for three days in some midtown roach hotel and what autists on Cred Forums say about it, but New York is the most influential city in the world whether you like it or not.

It's filthy and filled with degenerate trash yes, but it's also home to some of the most intelligent and innovative people in the world. I can guarantee you consume media, television, read books and listen to music that was imagined and produced in NYC on the daily. If not, the companies and sites you interact with are then mot likely headquartered in NYC. and if somehow none of this applies to you, the remember 99% of normies eat up the things I just mentioned. All kinds of people move to New York, to open businesses, to paint, to work for corporations, to study. New York is a mammoth of a cultural city user

Not all artist are fagots, What does pol think of my drawing. Pic related

Enjoy living in Ronkonkoma

This. My landlord is a hasid, as are most landlords in my neighborhood. They live in a little enclave a few blocks away. Filthy, miserable people, who happen to own everything and still live in rent controlled shitholes.

This. NYC is the only city that matters. There are seconds, but no contender for first.

Needs more Loomis

ayy lmao, what neighborhood you in? both landlords i had were jews, but only one was hasid

>not living in the NYC area and fugging qt brown girls

Bed Stuy, you?

Agreed

>"""""Living"""" in the midwest or the south

montrose ave L, moved tho

its shit, just like the shitty artist you drew, im rejecting your art school applications. Im also jewish by the way.

Oh, I hang out a few stops on the L down from there, near Wilson

>squirting paint from anus
This obsession of your country really needs to stop

New York is a shitty, irrelevant city that has no growth. The only thing that keeps it relevant is Wall Street.

nice, it's a good area. i remember there were these crazy rooftop parties at a place around there. i'd end up there at some point in the night no matter who i was hanging with kek. i miss NYC sometimes, so many fucking qt's, some decently redpilled people

Yes, they're not always obvious, but there are some people walking around who have their head on straight in a big way. And god yes, the girls are amazing and plentiful, although some are extremely stuck up

Yes, tell me about all the up and coming art movements in Brownsville...

yeah, i think you can't be a Cred Forums type for NY, you gotta shove the politics out of your mind and just focus on hustle and your own personal growth/success. i'd move back, but only if it's a corporate job with decent salary.

My roommates are all die hard Hillary supporters. Life is suffering. One cried last time I debated him on the issue. I got into an argument with some old white lady outside of Trump Hotel in Columbus Circle who decided to interrupt me and my friend talking about the main man.

Literally 2 blocks away from the Montrose L right now.

oh, you're a poor? why? what happened to all your money?

post no bills was my shit before it got colonized by normie fgts, that neighborhood was fucking awesome

Maybe if I work really really hard enough I can become as good the Jewish master Marc Chagall.

Maybe the world doesn't need "art" right now.

Besides, truly talented artists will always find a way to create.

How this mode for GTA IV is called?

Now the rich yuppies make the art.

>TIL many NY Cred Forumslocks are Brooklyn hipsters

Disgusting. True Cred Forumslocks live in European enclaves like Astoria. Fuck off.

Spoken like a true burgerboy. Amerifats are so boring. What's it that is fun for you? Shooting around and shilling donald trump?

OP is a faggot too. Why should you be able to afford living in Manhattan?

>living in Queens

This same tragedy is happening in San Francisco. SF is losing its culture to internet tech yuppies. Boring and sad.

I'm a White-Hispanic middle class fag. I'm from San Jose and now live in Crestview, Florida to escape the newest Mexico that is west America.

Have you seen it at night? One could shed a tear at how beautiful it is.

same is happening in any city that is a fun place to live but also was cheap and affordable for artists

t. Austin, Seattle, Portland

Um, no. Those cities were never comparable to NYC or SF. If you think, you have no idea what you're talking about.

That is soon to be New Orleans

you're a douche and missed my point because your head is so far up your ass

only if theyre deaf
that city is full of insane assholes driven crazy from noise pollution
the whole city needs to purge in nuclear fire.

New York city is one of the worst places I have ever been. Literally everyone is some kind of asshole. The food is crazy overrated, and it's a dirty, smelly, shithole.

My friends pad in Dumbo is tight though. What a view!

Good, Art has sort of fallen into a sad and sorry state of dick waving anyways. There is no message, there is no culture, art is to shock or to impress. You're either doing what can already be done with a photograph or you're taking shits on canvases, and when it isn't in any of those camps its purely commercial anyway.

Whats the art scene in New York?
Hipsters painting wacky wall characters, comfortable perma-bad; there forever, Atelier students without vision, direction or message, Atelier teachers that try to keep you in those ateliers to pay their shitty expensive rent. Abstract "you don't understand it" fags. Miserable wage slaving commercial artists. The aspiring wageslaving coffeeslinger.

All wrapped up in a nice bundle of snobbishness, smugness and fabricated quirkiness and personality.

Subject matter in all forms of art can pretty much be described as "Look at me".
But what is to be expected of the "me" generation. If Artists use lies to tell the truth than New York must be soviet Russia because artists here use the truth to tell lies because it seems that artists are so deathly afraid to acknowledge and show us the Zietgiest.

Art in in the modern age, especially here in New York, is bluepilled, places like /ic/ are the most bluepilled of all.
The fact of the matter is that people forgot how to make art the minute they became slaves to decadence.

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

And its not even that I hate modern art, early modernists and impressionists were pretty redpilled, but like a meme on Cred Forums, normalfags got a hold of it and its lost all its meaning for "Look at me, am I cool yet?"

Welcome to San Francisco.

Is there really all sorts of "secret" places in central park like they say?
It seems like a pretty tiny area and I have a hard time believing all the people that say there's all these secret caves where swingers go and such.

In my city our central river valley area is something like 10 times the size of central park and you can't hide shit there cause cops are swarming the place and there's so many people there and bums are fucking everywhere so there's no secrets there at all.

> milan meme

Yes! Stay in Milan, Venice and Rome. Every other Italian city is shit tier and not worth visiting if you're an expat/tourist

Truth

>implying that artists need to live in nyc.
Wew

He spent it all on rent despite making $100k+ per year, and ended up with nothing to show for it like everyone else who lives there.

>parts of east NY

Concrete wall murals of Obongo and Martin Luther King Jr. isn't taking the art world by storm.

When an artist buys a chimpanzee to splash paint all over a canvas and gets thousands for it, something needs to change in the art community.

Memes are art. Clickbait websites make a ton of money. Just look at imgur or faggag.

The CIA was behind the degeneration of the Arts. Subverting the art influences the larger cultural gestalt; while Stalin had his artists painting and sculpting good shit, the CIA had shysters "painting" soup cans and flicking their paintbrush to produce ink spatter "art" which inspired no one, impressed no one and ultimately helps to divide everyone.

plus bullshit modern art is a good scam for the rich to move fat wads of money through.

swine

Gay, and unnecessary.

>Go to NYC one time for a conference for my job
>Decide to see the main tourist shit and walk off the beaten path a little bit
>Guys in business suits likely making mid-high six figures or more walking in a city that smells like literal garbage
>Tourist trap shit is generic
>Everything is overpriced
>Literal police state/city

I am sure the city was probably interesting at one point in history... I never plan on going there again in my life.

Be the landlord.

>I am sure the city was probably interesting at one point in history.
When it was Dutch.

You're missing the point fuckbag.

There's a balance to life, dummy

OP I think about this everyday & I ain't even eastcoast

Hey pol, why don't you fucking take a red pill & chill the fuck out .

A reference to culture doesn't automatically mean fucking hipster yippie scum, you dummies

Its basically a regulatory issue. In the past few decades cities have instituted a variety of land use controls and building codes that have heavily restricted the private market from bringing enough new units to market to keep up with demand.

In the past this wasn't a problem since nobody wanted to live in our crime infested cities. But ever since violent crime began plummeting in the early 90's these supply caps have become binding resulting in massive price/rent increases.