Remember the year 2000? How it seemed like anything was possible, how optimistic things felt? What happened to that?

Remember the year 2000? How it seemed like anything was possible, how optimistic things felt? What happened to that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OJpDp3429ec
youtube.com/watch?v=RtDhGuEGgyc
youtube.com/watch?v=VQV5wByzzPU
youtube.com/watch?v=ppAeMWFCqC8
youtube.com/watch?v=vhq91iftfMc&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ApocalypticLog
youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc
nytimes.com/2015/02/16/world/cia-is-said-to-have-bought-and-destroyed-iraqi-chemical-weapons.html?_r=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_century
youtube.com/watch?v=dmwqEg-06Ww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

911 cunt

Diversity.

Nothing "happened", the cancer just had not fully developed yet.

The Final War of the Jew.

Someone tried to convince the world that jet fuel CAN melt steel beams.

9/11 happened.
Sometimes I think that maybe y2k also happened and that this is all a horrible simulation by a computer.

>be 15 at the turn of the Millenium
>remember this hope and joy
>then Iraq war
>everything fucking stalls out
>shit has been tthe same since 2006

fuck.

where theyre like fuck orgies that NYEs due to fear of YDK? i was too young

I was old enough in 2000 to have swallowed the red-pill already

kikes

youtube.com/watch?v=OJpDp3429ec

Matrix came out in 99 so basically anyone over age 10 was old enough

Americans proceeded to become the fattest, dumbest, brainwashed nation of idiots the world has ever known. In doing so they took down the first world with them. Try to blame a sub group like niggers or kikes or a group of global power players like Bilderberg all you want. It won't change the fact that first world citizens are wholly to blame for allowing things to get as bad as they are in 2016.

This

>that dead barn owl
NO

Better?

You just don't "get" the 2000s

what were you, 5?

>le matrix meme
>implying a 10 year old sees anything but guns and explosions anyway

2010s are pretty comfy desu. Late 2000s early 2010s were peak cancer.

Daily Reminder

I’ll have you know that by the age of 10, I had graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, as well as having over 300 confirmed kills.

2010-2012 was pretty comfy. 2013 and beyond has just been shit
>identity politics surpassing 90s level
>media in full corruption mode
>gas prices collapsing and killing my country's economy
>a lot of movies are all tryhard oscar bait with no real substance
>they stopped making parts for my car

haha good one, everything had already went terribly wrong
>2000 != 1950

2011 and 2012 were actually good. Everything after is just like fucking forget about it.

9/11 only really affected the US, though. But the sense that we peaked in the 90's is an international sentiment across the west. If you're Russian or Chinese, things look better, though.

You know this is why it happened. Without an enemy the people will turn on the state.

>9/11 only really affected the U.S.

Haahahhahah you don't really believe that do you?

9/11 changed the world. I guarantee you if the world is around in 100 years 9/11 will seen as the first stepping stone for a long brutal slog of perpetual "police conflicts" until WW3, with the dissolution of national borders.

The first day of the 3rd Millennium was actually January 1st, 2001.

We live our lives through collective ebbs and flows. Every decade has a distinct flavor, and things don't change until our leadership changes.

The 2000s were marked by fear after initial high hopes, and the 2010s so far are marked by limitation and pessimism.

The truth is that we have a lot going for us, we've just forgotten what makes us great and have adopted an identity of apology. All that we need is somebody to get in and encourage is to aspire higher, take credit for all of the great things that we do, and remind us that we're collectively great and can all achieve great things.

Our leadership has failed us miserably, and the only way to keep us in line is to keep us pessimistic and apologizing.

Who here remembers?

It is kind of depressing how people knocking down a couple towers basically ruined the future for everyone. I mean it definitely was a tragedy that so many people died but Pearl Harbor didn't fuck up the world for as long as 9/11 did. And I don't think anyone but the US cared about Pearl Harbor outside of it being one of the things that brought the US into the war. What was it about 9/11 that just lasts and still is responsible for so much shit?

climate change

Hawaii wasn't a U.S. state back then so getting attacked there wasn't a big a deal. Plus it was mostly military deaths whereas 9/11 was on U.S. soil and mostly civilians.

ugh look how useful and eays those interfaces make it

god i hate modern website design

>how optimistic things felt?

Speak for yourself. It may have felt that way in the early sixties, except for the nuclear shadow. Then, starting with jfk as an initial shockwave, things started to get worse. Slowly at first. By the end of the sixties things were downright weird, everywhere was in chaos. Paris riots, Vietnam became ugly, Cambodia, Manson Family, speed and general drug psychosis hangover. Seventies slid into an orgy of disco, coke, right wing death squads in central america, disillusionment over the evaporated promise of the sixties, cynicism etc etc etc ad infintum. Shit was bad way before y2k. Things were nice in 1966. It seemed that way to me.

I would punch you in the face irl if I heard you say that

>haha im such a badass for being a 35 year old on a Bengali sound docking livejournal

> "waaa someone has a different viewpoint"

that's because youre a retard who doesnt look at whats going on around him

>Tfw FLCL came out in 2000
youtube.com/watch?v=RtDhGuEGgyc

>you went to bed the night of September 10th, 2001 thinking the future was looking bright

really made me feel

perhaps the most potent demoralizer

The glory days, youtube was amazing then, now it's just a scam to feed you the bullshit they want you to watch

This happened.

Triggered

you weren't even alive in 1966 you stupid nigger

>WElcome to a new century
>Congratulations you'll all be dead by the next century.

Its edgy but its kind of sad as well :'(

delet

before google bought them and fucked everything up
>that kid playing the Canon in D cover

It wasn't the towers falling that fucked us, it was the reaction to it.

9-11 was not a Pearl Harbor style event. It was the Franz Ferdinand assassination.

The FF assassination basically was the moment when EVERYTHING changed. The end of one era and the birth of a horrific new era, at the dawn of a new century (granted the FF assassination was in '14 but close enough to mark the death of the Victorian era hangover)

9/11 was a bigger deal / shock because those murdered were a bunch of innocent office workers and not soldiers.

We bounced back quicker from WW2 because we waged a total war. Those the stood in front of us in defiance were eradicated. And if you got in the way, tough shit. We're coming through with a rain of lead, fire, and explosions and all you mother fuckers are going to die. Russians were even more methodical.

If we were allowed to fight this way now, the mid-east would be one giant mass grave. Bleeding hearts and imbedded reporters have put a stop to that. Unfortunately.

>Everytime we touch
probably gonna off myself within week now

I don't honestly have a good image for how this felt.

I was four. I remember. My childhood went downhill, my friends, family, everyone seemed to become so... bloodlusted. It seemed to bring out the worst in everyone, and I actually remember early september going in my head "wow, things are awesome! I hope I can visit places soon" And was thinking about new york and the skyline, because I saw it on a movie earlier that day (fuck if I can remember which, but it had something with NY in the plot).

After that though, my childhood turned downhill. I'm not angry, because it's that anger and cynicism and obviously the nihilism that got us to where we are now.

But I genuinely wish 9/11 hadn't played out how it has.

I hope your life turned out better, mine's much better now that I work for myself and live with my wife but jesus I know people still have it rough.

Have a nice day, 9/11/10 you made me feel.

One in the middle has nice form, 8/10

I wonder if cellphones had been as prevalent back then as they are now would we have any videos or images from in the towers? I don't know if SD cards or internal storage could survive a fall from that height or the heat. Even one video from in the towers (or on the planes) would have been cool though.

>oil going down = bad

fallacious. Your country makes industry decisions off poor judgement. You should feel bad about trusting them.

Honestly, I hope Canada burns economically, and we can take your oil for next to nothing while you grow into capitalism and finally have an individual-centric social economic and military policy.

I hope your country does whatever equivalent action to stepping on a lego is, collectively.

Because of how much hope we had for the new millennium.

Think about it, we had conquered the single largest empire in the history of the world and by doing so cemented the global hegemony of freedom and liberty. The internet was taking technology, commerce, and human interaction to new heights. And we were getting ready to step into a brand new millennium- one that effectively represented the entirety of the future and all of the possibilities that went along with it.

We were at a pivotal point in the evolution of man, when everything seemed within our reach, and what did we get instead? Denim jackets and leather pants, dial-up, a metaphorical monkey in the white house (the literal monkey came later), 2 foreverwars that everybody foamed at the mouth for and then proceeded to immediately regret them for the next two decades, and a big smoldering pile of debris in the heart of Western Civilization.

the 2000s was defined by expecting golden rocketships and moon colonies but getting facefull after facefull of hot diarrhea instead. Our hopes were too high and the results were too little, and that's why we remember the 2000s with such disdain.

the 2010s are about giving up and letting go, because at least now when we get a facefull of hot diarrhea we have our mouths closed in anticipation.

youtube.com/watch?v=VQV5wByzzPU

This is probably as close as we'll get

youtube.com/watch?v=ppAeMWFCqC8

>it seemed like anything was possible
The end was imminent in one of dozens of possible ways.

GoogleTube is way better. Remember when video sequences wouldn't even suggest in order?

Political correctness, feminism, plausible deniability, government corruption, and privitization

9/11 happened, and that began the 16 year war which has cost more lives than the attack on the twin towers did.

In the end, the terrorist won. And continue to win to this day.

Be my ai gf?

fpbp

This is the right answer

I still don't understand how we aren't already in WW3.

WW2 included
Britain
France
Australia
Canada
New Zealand
India
the Soviet Union
China
United States of America.
Germany
Italy
Japan

and lasted about 6 years.

The war we are in right fucking now has been going on for almost 16 years.
It involves
Iraq
Syria
Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Iran
Palestine
Egypt
Lebanon
Turkey
Israel
Russia
France
Qatar
United States
United Kingdom
France
Canada
Germany
Netherlands
Belgium
Denmark
Australia
Jordan
UAE
Bahrain
Morocco

I can't control what my country does economically user. I just know that it's fucking lame that I'm paying an extra 40cents/dollar for american products.

>9/11 only really affected the US
Dude, the West was in the midst of it's greatest party of smug the world has ever seen from the 80's to 90's. We didn't give a fuck, we were winning we were prospering.

That all came to a dead halted stop once the US got attacked and we all jumped into a war we shouldn't have and let terrorism completely control our fucking culture and media cycles.

Face it. 9/11 fucked us real good, and the West didn't handle it well, in fact it's contributed to what's making us the little bitches we are today.

PC Culture and shit from the 90's just took us at our weakest and manifested itself into our culture easily through psy-ops and the new wave of internet tech to get the message through.

Because fighting low-intensity over a long period of time with bursts of intense conflict don't count as a war. Otherwise US vs. USSR cold-war would have been WWIII.

Diversity ruined everything.

I was 15 when 2000 came around and we weren't even contemplating that the planet would become planet of the apes by 2050.

>yanks still crying over muh 7/11
All went to shit after 1943

advances in technology = loss of money/power for the rich

you'll never, ever, EVER see free/abundant energy

they're going to make sure you stay poor and they stay rich no matter how much they have to hurt other people

I work for a major telecom company, and I'd like to say it is exactly like fucking Ayn Rand dystopia around here.

Literally the only people that know how everything work are so old they are about to die. Their replacements do not know how to do their job, and we cannot find anyone smart enough to do the work, for good money.

Management is a joke. They had the business guys down for a big meeting and introduced themselves. Here's this guy, he makes products, here's this guy, he helps him sell his products, here's this lady, she supports his products.

... Here is the man in washington. He gives money to 'special interest' and 'minority' groups so we can get our shit installed in town with less roadblocks from the city. The city literally charges us for existing in their city, even though all we do is provide a service everyone needs to continue existing. When we put a cable in we cut the street ourselves, do the traffic control ourselves, patch the street ourselves, do everything our fucking selves. The city needs fucking $5k - $15k dollars in fees for a small job.

I can't really put a finger on it, but some very twisted things have gone on. I remember in grade seven we were all asked how we felt about Canada becoming a "the melting pot." Pretty much all of us said it destroyed culture, what was good, and left the country feeling bland. I'm sure if that same class was brought together and asked the same question, all the women, and half of the men, would say that it was a good thing.

I don't like the world right now.

>"Welcome to a new century"
>Not "Welcome to a new Millennium"

What a wasted headline. It'd have been much more impactful.

The lack of resistance as Trudeau drives your country off a cliff is disturbing.

I'm feeling VERY optimistic about tomorrow.

That being said, The threat of impending genocide does tend to deplete one's optimism.

>you'll never, ever, EVER see free/abundant energy

Fucking thermodynamics!

oh I member

>tfw you will never be 6 years old watching the 2000 Sydney Olympics again in a pre-9/11 Berenstein Universe

:(

Yep
Right after 9/11, the first thing Liberals did was whine about racial profiling. These people didnt care about the potential for additional terrorists. They cared about not stopping a muslim in the airport because he was a muslim.

Yeup, it absolutely is. And what's worse is the majority agree with what he is doing.

It's very tempting to say 9/11, but how the fuck did it lead to MORE diversity instead of final muslim solution?

Anyway, I stick with The Matrix - we probably were at an all-time high in the 99. Then the Twin Towers, Iraq War and bank collapse happened, fucking over the whole decade.

Early 2010's were fine. We had chillwave, lol. For me, 2012 will probably the best year in life, the world went full retard after that.

I 'member.

In WW2 the powerful countries were fighting each other
In the last decade or so of bullshit it's been powerful countries kicking the shit out of shithole countries.

Just doesn't campare.

>What happened to that?
Jews. Haven't you been paying attention?

what happened in 1943?

Global culture war

>one of the most politically apathetic countries in the world
>do anything

Trudeau or any PM could get rid of our Central bank overnight, switch to the Copper standard, declare our country a Republic and move the capital to Medicine Hat... And half the country wouldn't even care.

dw friend soon we will have our pride back the pendulum swinging right reeeeaallll hard

that is absolutely chilling.

You should know yank

>France twice
>Forgetting FINLAND:D:D:D:D:D in the first list

Too stoned to care?

They used it at the trial for the one guy they caught.

This is the part that scares me the most

right in the feels

>tfw no more vanilla wow

The gold reserves would be a better example, the heroin thing was noticed even by some NPC's I know.

I think every single fucking American should listen to calls like this on that day and look me straight in the eye and tell me "We need more immigrants, we need no border control, we need no racial profiling."

I absolutely fucking hate the West and what it's become.

If we lose in November it's fucking over.

And it you didn't have elements jerking around the web page while it was loading. And there weren't 20+cookies attached, and it didn't lock up randomly, and it didn't shove "sponsored" obnoxious normalfag shit in your face 24/7.

The funny thing is I actually participated in every beta, survey, wrote numerous emails to google about what is wrong with the website and not once did they write me back or fix the fucking problem. I remember when the website was unusable for HALF A FUCKING YEAR after they implemented "cosmic panda" and killed half their userbase.

Related youtube.com/watch?v=vhq91iftfMc&feature=youtu.be

I'm actually feeling very optimistic right now. Everything's going right for us right now, it seems like the world is finally waking up. 2016 was a nightmare year for the leftist. First brexit, then the rise of conservatism on the internet and the youth(gen z) , the only thing that's left is for Trump to get elected and America will finally go back to prosperity. Current year +1 will be known as the year the liberals and globalist lost their grip and people finally saw through their bullshit.

why tf isn't blair pm yet??

Wish I was 35 again...

cos you havent shared this video (minus the adolf ending) to normal fags on twitter/tumblr and most importantly facebook yet

I remember my mom gave me some carbonated apple cider. She said I wasn't old enough to have real champagne but it was still good though.

>Tfw you will never live in pre-9/11 America again.
Why live? ;_;

>plausible deniability

Explain what you mean by this. In what context?

This is why.

I'm no economist, but isn't selling gold actually a good idea while the loonie is worth shit?

We should have dropped more bombs

Kill yourself fucking edgelord piece of shit. Get ebola.

Sleep tight hooter. :(

I was 13 and living in Brisbane for that. I remember the national pride as people like Cathy Freeman raked in medal after medal.

In school, they'd wheel a TV into the classrooms during breaks so all the kids could watch the olympics.

I was staying at a mates place when 9/11 happened. We were pulling an all nighter playing Crash Bandicoot 3 when his dad came in

>Come look at the TV, America is under attack

We watched the second plane hit live.

>, but how the fuck did it lead to MORE diversity instead of final muslim solution?
because people started attacking cab drivers and shit and we got it in out heads that islam wasnt the problem, we can't just profile an entire group of people! it was just this one terrorist group! over THERE!

Why, you think it would make them work faster on this stuff?

Live near Brisbane too senpai

>was in bed and woke up the next day and Cheez TV wasn't on TV :'(

Teachers were talking about it all day at school

Why, need more examples of how a non-40% black country rebuilds?

The pendulum really is swinging back right isn't it?

>Trump on the rise
>Pauline Hanson on the rise
>WInston Peters on the rise
>Putin just being Putin
>Farage on the rise + Brexit

Nationalism is on the rise across the world. Anti-islam sentiment is rising across the board. The harder the left pushes, the more it galvanizes the right into their positions, and the more 'undecideds' it pushes right of the line.

don't forget Geert

>Meanwhile, in the Maple Caliphate...

muh duck is so fucking hard about it i just want some major push back in europe to fuck those muzzis out so bad

>all those retards that celebrated the millennium a year early

You misunderstand noble proxyfag, Canada is ~8 years behind the USA, we just elected our Obama-tier meme leader who'll solve everything with change and good feelings.

The left did this to themselves. You can't say or do anything anymore without some butthurt liberal faggot getting all up in arms about it because they're fucking retards

I had so big hopes for the 2000s
Now I only want back in the 90s

youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU

I really don't have a lot of hope though, PCs are devastated and it'll be a while before Canada tires of Trudeau's antics.

>tfw from NS

It's the censorship and authoritarianism that is irking people.

>You disagree with me
YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED AN OPINION

>Your political view differs from mine
IT'S HATE SPEECH AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED IT

Their entire philosphy spirals downwards around censorship, and stripping away the rights and freedoms of others, ironically while they claim to be championing the cause of rights and freedom for all.

The new century technically began in 2001. 2000 was the 100th year of the 20th century.

This makes me sad, I don't like this feeling

What do you mean? After two full terms of Trudeau there is a 1/2 chance we may get the Progressive Cuckservatives back.

Isn't this the greatest?

Really want this back? Best hope is some bombs the syrup reserves and creates some facists.

can't believe this has not been posted yet... this sums it up..

fuck,d does anyone have a bigger image of this? Don't bitch at me, that was the size the cunt posted it....

It's over laddie Canada went full retard over identity politics. Hopefully when we collapse we'll reform as something better. Until then nuke plz.

t. Toronto

>nuke plz.

You don't wanna go there, trust me.

>Toronto

Because the economies of all the countries involved were 100% based on supporting the war effort

We've got vidya and yiff shit these days, so we won't be in WWIII unless those things are 100% about the war

>thinks this is bad

Toronto is far worse than you can imagine, we are starting to rival San Francisco now.

Dude, 9/11 marked the end of an era, and the entire world was witness to it. I remember skipping school that day just to watch CNN's live coverage. The post-Cold War interbellum period didn't last as long as everyone had hoped, and they came to this realization on that fateful September morning. Nobody really knew what was happing, but people knew that the party was finally over, and the bright little future that humanity had in store for them suddenly didn't look as bright. The feeling of impending doom came crashing back at us when the world was engulfed in the so-called War on Terror™, and it's been going south ever since--just look at Syria ffs.

God damn, chills went down my spine

Well played

Apocalyptic Log ahoy

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ApocalypticLog

>Damn

Did you notice how you can hear the rorar right as he screams?

Holy shit this music is fucking terrible
nostalgic as shit but god damn I need to watch it on mute

A thousand feet of building (with an acre of space per floor) collapsing around you tends to be loud.

;_;

Just makes it spookier since you can hear it happening

2001 was the start of the 21st century.
2002 was also the start of a century.
This means nothing.

All I remember was Y2k and the "end of the world" all nukes flying off shit.

>hurr nostalgia

It was fucking stupid.

>EDGY
Mainstream music was at least 9.11 times better than it is now.

Gold doesn't lose its value because it's a limited resource. It only gains value.

Too soon

;~; oh man this takes me back
thank you, hosehead

>16 years ago

the year 2000 was the LAST Year of the TWENTIETH CENTURY you idiots

1/1/2001 was the beginning of the new Millennium.
why is this so hard to understand?

We found Kek. He enlightened us. A bright light in the darkness. Praise be unto him.

It's not intuitive, you tell people this and pic related.

>Be stuck in burning tower
>Let me snap that shit

Contemporary mainstream music is even worse now.
The movies shown (at least those I recognize) are pure crap though.

You'd be surprised at how stupid some people can be.

The only optimistic people in 2000 were liberals, the entire world had been going to shit for decades at that point and only showed signs that it would be getting worse.

Trust TIME to capitalize on ignorance, the new century didn't begin until January 1st, 2001...

THIS! mein got, this is it!

You're both not wrong but Cred Forums is more patrician than listening to contemporary mainstream music right?

Retard.

It still hurts inside

>Retard.

Well I listened to a couple of Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga tracks, just to know what the hype is about
(I am listening to this while writing the post youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc - is this patrician enough?)

I damn hope so!

as far as anime OST's go this is bretty damn good. I would consider broadening your musical horizons though. I have over 500gb of Albums from a large number of genres and artists if you need any suggestions let me know and I can musically red pill you.

>actually believing what ((Wikipedia)) tells you

Proxy wars became a thing

sand niggers sand niggers and fucking sand niggers.
may hitler 2.0 gas the fucking lot of them.

Atleast post the pasta in its entirety

I am very well aware of the music variety and have quite a collection myself, thank you. It's just this track is in my playlist as well.

Did it help ?

>political scandals are about sex
anyone with half a brain could see the blowjob was done as a misdirection to avoid looking at something else.

the woman was a fucking jew that should be enough of a red flag.

Ask the dancing Israelis on 9/11

The biggest shock wasnt that a cunts acted like cunts 9/11
The biggest shock was subsequent years when we found any bloody excuse why our government was wrong and the sand niggers, all 1.9 billion of them were being oppressed by fucking kikes and that meant killing us.

Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction
nytimes.com/2015/02/16/world/cia-is-said-to-have-bought-and-destroyed-iraqi-chemical-weapons.html?_r=1

Why wasnt it made public because they wanted to avoid a panic as not all of them yet are recovered.

As far as Im concerned leftist, liberal, conspiracy theorists are as much sand niggers as fucking sand niggers.
I applaud all terrorist deeds as there are no innocent victims.
SIEG HEIL.

Mate my country couldn't load a youtube video even if it tried back then.

>i was four

Mentally you still are if you believe you had the cognizance of a fedora level man at 4.

Road rash

Yeah but we need to be careful. We can't afford to have another World War amongst ourselves, it will be the end of us. We need a bit of solidarity amongst Western nations, not phony happy clappy solidarity but strong relations built on trade. For all it's faults the EEC was a damn fine idea until the federalists really started pushing their agenda and fucked the whole thing up.

There is a reaaon for this. The managers coming through had no part in building the companies they are expected to run. They're fresh out of University and only have the shitty theoretical knowledge they acquired over their time there.

They are not wealth creators, nor are they leaders of men. They're shitty children that don't command respect or admiration. We have this young guy (engineer) who stepped into managing oir maintenance department where I work. He's rhe definition of a nu-male and he's expected to manage tradesmen. We ignore him and do what needs to be done instead.

>actually believing what TIME tells you
jesus christ guy, learn some basic arithmetic...

here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_century

The last year of American prosperity.

Basically this. I hoped that somehow at the last minute, some company would unveil a flying car, but nope. All I remember was crappy music at the time like Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys and Y2K.

>Canada is ~8 years behind the USA, we just elected our Obama-tier meme leader who'll solve everything with change and good feelings.

does this mean we were ahead of you both this whole time?

youtube.com/watch?v=dmwqEg-06Ww

This makes me want to go and kidnap a sand nigger child and hold it by the legs as I bash its skull in against a brick wall.