Smoking causes disease

>smoking causes disease
>smoking shortens your lifespan

How did the mainstream media spread this meme so successfully?

Other urls found in this thread:

bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2458-5-22
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By reporting on evidence based medicine and science.

imagine being around in the early 20th century when cocaine, heroin, morphene, and barrels of hard liquor were all readily available and legal.

Oh well. At least we've got iPads and progress

smoking does fuck you up but some people are born with a resistance to cancer causing agents like those who smoke an live to 90-100

Doesn't mean that was the right thing to do. All of the evidence showing it doesn't cause disease has been buried.

The "got lucky" excuse would then pin the blame squarely on genes causing disease though, not smoking.

It's almost like varied genes provide natural resistance to harmful substances.
Then those people live longer and pass those genes on or something.

No idea. It doesn't cause disease though, that's a meme. Alcohol is far more harmful to you.

lol bro trusting the scientific jew? i definitely know more than them, i go on Cred Forums

It causes permanent scarring in your lungs, this is not good for your breathing as you age.
Plus it is a filthy habit.

not really. genes put you at risk of certain illnesses, but certain behaviors are risk factors as well.

in the case of smoking, it's heavily fucking correlated with all kinds of diseases, and just because one person did it without getting said diseases doesn't mean it isn't a risk factor for others.

>in the case of smoking, it's heavily fucking correlated with all kinds of diseases

Source? Nearly all of Japan and Greece smoke compared to a place like the U.S. yet have the lowest rates of what are called "smoking related" illness.

>Nearly all of Japan and Greece smoke compared to a place like the U.S. yet have the lowest rates of what are called "smoking related" illness.
Source?

>Source

Google it yourself. You've got the largest repository of knowledge ever assembled at your fingertips, it's not my job to educate you about uncontroversial shit.

Alright, they aren't the lowest. They do have pretty lower incidences though than the U.S. even though the smoking rate in the U.S. is far lower.

bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2458-5-22

Also I didn't see Indonesia but a bunch of people smoke there, it wouldn't surprise me if their rate of stuff like lung cancer was low too.

That's not how making a claim works. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Fuck I don't know why I still even defend smoking. There's always going to be people who do not take smoking seriously due to decades of it being brutally demonized.

Even if smoking doesn't cause any disease its just fucking useless and expensive

>I don't need to educate you

I had friend who was like that.

>falling for the tobacco jew
literally paying kikes to kill you and people around you faster for an addicting small sensation

What did you do with him?

>Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

I'm hardly making an extraordinary claim here.

Can anyone give any reliable sources on how smoking doesn't cause diseases?

There are obviously going to be outliers you fucking idiot. Do some research and look at the overwhelming amounts of data that show smoking gives you disease. You think you're so redpill and your shitty post gave me aids.

I was his roommate once. That was when I learned how shitty his personality was. He was so insecure that he always looked for faults in other people to feel better about himself while ignoring the fact that he had these faults too, and to a much higher degree. He had a lot of opinions but couldn't even explain them, often cutting the conversations short when I ask for details. TL;DR My friend was a borderline retarded person.

I had pneumonia 3 times within 2 years back when I smoked.

And don't even get me started on the cough that never goes away

It's a filthty habit and it's undeniably addictive regardless of if it causes cancer (which it does).

I've smoked for 10 years and haven't had pneumonia once :^) I think you just might be a baby man, my dude.

anyone who doesn't smoke is human filth, and a willing victim of the sanitised liberal western cuckold utopia

>ew smoking is bad mmkay
>ew it smells
>but it gibs me cancer

aye faggots, life gives you cancer

I never had before or since.

It really damages your lungs and makes you smell bad while draining you're income. There's no reason not to quit

>falling for the (((cancer on a stick)))

I'd tell you to kys but techincally you're already doing that.

Just look at Milo. He smokes, and he's a handsome daddyfucker~!

>trying this hard to justify your poor choices

Technically there is no evidence that choking is harmful.

what about lungs filled with tar?