Why can't felons vote?

Why can't felons vote?

they're not part of society

Because they broke the social contract

Because they are felons. They can try to get their rights restored later. Much later.

> rights
> taken away

Pick one

You'll all be "felons" some day too, goy.

Don't you dare look down on me. I'll be there when they throw you down, but let me tell you, I'm not much help when you let them de-personify me.

Then why are they subject to it afterward?

>Social contract

If they were a pander-able voter base think of all the fucked up shit that they would push to try and get them on their side.

Are you really stupid, or pretending?

I hate to say it, but considering that our fucked up, corrupt, lizard run governments decide what a felony is and who gets charged with them...

#notallfelons

>tfw born in darkness

because we don't want candidate competing for 'the felon vote'

Felon here. I can vote. You guys are dumb as hell. The only thing I can't do is own a gun.

Rights can't legally be taken according to the US Constitution since they come not from society but from our creator(this is left up to interpretation but it sure as shit never meant the government).

Just because the government disregards the laws they're supposed to operate under does not mean they're technically allowed to.
The Second Amendment clearly says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and there are NO EXCEPTIONS under that amendment, but here we are, and machine guns are either fully banned or nearly impossible to get, both cases being a blatant and direct infringement on the people's right to keep and bear arms.

tl;dr if you let the government have an inch they WILL take all the miles and send you the tax bill. And we were told they would.

Good point desu lad

>get in prison
>vote whoever gets me out and gives me welfare for psychological damage

great plan OP, but let's stay with simple explanation that they're not human

So you're not pretending.

Don't worry. The state will be the creator before long. Then you won't be able to make this perfectly sound observation.

>hold on there Stan, second amendment rights means Jayquan has just as much right to keep that shotgun in his jailcell as you do that pistol on your belt.

>it doesn't work with the current systems so we shouldn't fix both

Do you know how many of our peers are raped in those places?

Yup. Can't have prisons you expect people to stay in and keep rights inalienable. Very keen observation.

Prison is a bullshit "punishment" anyway.
Indentured servitude, fines/hard labor, etc are how you penalize criminals. Prison is just a waste of space and money that makes those inside of them even nuttier and more maladjusted than they were beforehand.

No logical society would have them since there's zero logical reason for their existence.
>but some people are too dangerous for society
Then either make them into peace-loving hippies using drugs(MDMA or shroom therapy) or kill them. Don't bullshit around.

They have severely poor decisions in the past, that devalue their ability to make decisions. I'm pretty sure there only a few states that this means they can't vote though.

>the west is declining like never before in history

>not a single Christian in this thread

Pick 2, sadly.
The commies won.
They won and sometimes I sit in tears, not because I'm weak, but because that fact is the biggest burden that could be put upon the few free men left.

Now this IS a logical answer. And the original answer.
People don't know this, but-
1. Voting is not and has never been a right, but a duty in the United States, along with jury duty.
2. Women and felons and negroes were forbidden from voting for the same reason children are STILL forbidden. These groups by and large display poor decision-making skills, especially when it comes to decisions that can greatly impact the future. Being able to cast a competent vote requires the ability to see where your vote might lead the nation in one, ten, and even a hundred years.

As a felon myself, I can tell you the following. Being a felon means you didn't think ahead, by either not planning your crime right so as to get away with it or better yet not committing the crime in the first place.
In my case it's the former since I didn't do anything wrong, just something illegal(illegal weapons possession "destructive devices" and right after 9/11 happened)
I made a poor decision about how to keep and bear my contraband and got caught.

Anyone who has paid the debt to society should have all rights returned in full including gun rights. But voting? You should have to prove you can handle that JOB before you get it back.

>m-m-muh supressing googles :((