Colleges have left wing biases!

>Colleges have left wing biases!
You ever think that maybe, just maybe, they have "left wing biases" because educated people tend to gravitate towards left wing view points?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_vector_field
youtube.com/watch?v=TaJLEUg5DrM
youtu.be/-NZVknySeE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, it's because college educated people are poor and want gibs.

Reality has no bias. Liberals just project their own bias and think it's "reality".

Genuine liberalism is right wing.

I think a preponderance of people going to a 4 year university, starting as a freshman, have necessarily been sheltered with juice boxes, friendly soccer coaches, and very involved parents.

I think when they get to said 4 year university, they see niggers on their best behavior.

That's 22 solid years of juice boxes and echo chambers of "tolerance".

They would literally have to be drafted and forced to work as a cop in Niggerville for 5 years in order for any chink to be made in their liberal armor. Even then, they might be able to coast on the idea that historical injustices are the root cause.

Leftism is objectively wrong.

Guy like Colbert and Liebowitz are the modern Priesthood, spewing bullshit about the infallibility of their God.

Why can't these "educated" people understand they got scammed, are most likely in massive debt, I'll tell you, that college stuff is such a good racket, I bet Al Capone or the like would of loved that action, big bucks just to tell people they are smart, yet somehow they can't handle opposing viewpoints without breaking down into tears and hissy fits of rage, because they have never been challenged, they have a rude wake up call once school is out.

No

>juice boxes

>begging the question

My college/profession has no liberal bias and promotes army-style hierarchy and logical thinking.

t. civil engineer

Colleges that produce professions that cannot offer anything to advancement of humanity except shitting out of their mouths have left wing biases.

>to image
Actually nope. Most fields in physics can be represented as conservative vector fields.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_vector_field
>to op
gravity is a conservative force

>it's just a coincidence because their smart
>it has nothing to do with indoctrination!!!
Spotted the kike or cuck.

This desu.

I'm studying a bachelor of art and I can assure you that the biggest issue in this education is that the students have no sense of critique. Instead of questioning everything, which they are supposed to do in a higher education, they just sit and devour everything like it's high school. If you're not ready to go contra vintrum then you can easily walse through a bachelor without having learned anything at all.

> People with college debt gravitate towards loan forgiveness
Ground breaking news

Thanks for the (You)

Ahhhh the anti intellectual believes that education is indoctrination.

> Cred Forums calls universities nothing more than liberal echo chambers
> this cesspool containment board is little more than an echo chamber itself

At least people usually tend to come out of college a little bit smarter than when they went in. The opposite happens here. Do you faggots really not see the irony and hypocrisy here?

This too, why are leftists so useless?

If a poll or study showed that educated people were less intelligent, would it even be published in academic journals?

college is a joke nowadays, which is why most employers dont even value a college degree anymore.

University teaches you to be a yes man or woman, validating everything they throw at you whether it makes sense or not. Ironically, the less they teach you to have a spine, the more they go on about critical thinking skills.

And all this used to be a good thing when most people worked slow-paced corporate jobs and brown-nosed their way up but those days are over.

>college
>educated
pick one and only one

(You)
not necessarily

at least Cred Forums can make people who wouldn't otherwise to stop and reconsider some of their liberal-induced biases

as for college graduates these days, the vast majority still do not have the capacity for critical thinking

youtube.com/watch?v=TaJLEUg5DrM

Colleges have a liberal bias because the humanities and 'soft sciences' have become increasingly politicized and filled with like minded liberal people. Many of these fields have become echo chambers and circle jerks of leftist propaganda. This is not lost on many liberal professors who are try to bring in more right wing students to balance out the craziness created by the over abundance of left wing students.

But what about the hard sciences you ask? Well in S(cience) T(echnology) E(ngineering) and M(ath) STEM, the real sciences were important discoveries are made and rigor and truth are valued the political divide is about 50-50.

That's right no bias one way or another with many scientists not particularly interesting in politics to begin with. Why? Because they have better things to do than debate policy with idiots.
Is man made climate change real?
>Yes of course, (liberal position)
Is gender a spectrum?
>No of course not (conservative position)

I'm tired of liberals thinking they have a monopoly on truth just because a bunch of hippies started smoking pot on a campus and took feel good degrees to make themselves feel important. And I am tired of /pol and conservatives tuning out and thinking that colleges are infested with liberal cry babies and thinking degrees are meaningless.

Everyone one of these brainlets needs to shut up about their stupid ideas about who goes to college.

t. aerospace engineer

This is arrogance.

If intelligent people were taught the truth about race and crime, they wouldn't be liberal.

Unlikely. Leftist try to plant the idea that education==intelligence. However it is not the reality, although they are somewhat related, there are numerous more factors partaking in this game.

if they were intelligent, they wouldnt need to be taught

No, the average Cred Forumsack seems to respect, and be well-represented, by the hard sciences. They believe that education in 'social sciences' and humanities is indoctrination (and incidentally, more likely to self-identify as 'intellectual').

Delicious butthurt

Nice meme.

Nice meme.

>You ever think that maybe, just maybe, they have "left wing biases" because educated people tend to gravitate towards left wing view points?

You do realize that it wasn't always like this, right?
That professors have visibly moved to the left in the last 20 years, and it's not like liberalism has been proved right in the 90s or something like that.

There are political trends in the academia and now we're in the liberal-leftist phase, that's it.

Go back in time and you'll find different trends.

Typical liberal, can't separate THEIR worldview from reality.

People educated in Universities tend to be left wing for the sane reason that people educated in seminaries tend to be religious.

>college is a joke nowadays, which is why most employers dont even value a college degree anymore.
I've worked in Human Resources for over a decade now. HR usually has a spreadsheet that accounts for education level as a factor in the level of salary that you are offered. A job-related 4-year degree adds about $15k to recent college graduates and $20k to the paycheck at most middle management and tech positions.

How can you look on a college campus and think that is where you will find reality? I work at a university in a red state and our university isn't progressive in relative terms.... but it's still ran like a fantasy land. From financing to education.

I can only imagine the fantasy land you find on one of those batshit insane colleges. I don't even mean just the pure SJW lunacy.

An intelligent person can still be misled/indoctrinated.

>Post shitty bait thread people here have refuted ad nauseam
>Get called a faggot and told to fuck off
>Durr Cred Forums iz just like da SJWz nd hav a echo chamber! Muh horseshoe theory!

How on earth is this place where you can post anything you want and not get banned nor downvoted until you are invisible, an echo chamber?

When liberal push out anyone who has opposing ideas, its not really liberalism anyone is it.

They deel so enlightened that any opinion other than theres is (insert any word with ist or phobic at the end).

No colleges have left wing biases because they have shut down all dialog and now reject anything that doesn't fit their worldview. For example, my university just CALLED THE FUCKING POLICE because somebody found a picture of a swastika in a dorm building.

but students are in the process of being educated. they are not educated until AFTER college, where they begin to lean right

New Age college/university students are the most sheltered human beings on the face of the planet. The most naive, ignorant, bubble-living faggots that Earth has ever seen in it's entire history. College is no longer about education, it is entirely a leftist indoctrination facility specifically engineered to create an army of leftist soldiers who simply repeat what they have been told. It is a drill school for leftist doctrine.

They deserve only death.

Add designated ball pit and you will be 100% accurate

No, its because educated people get themselves in over their heads with theories that they develop strong emotion bonds. The mundane and boring things that tend to be the best for society are perceived as below the "educated". They think that if everyone would just think and behave exactly like they envision, that world would be better for it. Its just tyranny. A self serving authority tells people what to do and think to benefit itself while, a people serving authority tells people what to do and think to benefit "everyone". It tends to ignore the fact that if the vision of helping everyone is not shared by everyone, that it is also a self-serving authority, seeking to reshape the lives of others into a society that they envision is right. In either scenario, people are not free to pursue their own interests and are shackled to the will of others. The only real difference is the perceived merit gained from his oppression. Mind, history has had many kings and rulers who improved the life of their people and many liberators who brought strife and violence.

That you think Cred Forums & college is an apt comparison just confirms how degenerated, useless, and evil higher education has become. That you can sit here typing this with a straight face is fucking incredible.

Enjoy your debt you leftist imp.

Because it takes an education to get basic cable.

So the more time you spend at a government school, the more government control you advocate for? What a strange phenomenon.

>No, the average Cred Forumsack seems to respect, and be well-represented, by the hard sciences.

Unless it has anything to do with genetics or climate change.

You ever think that your candidate doesn't give a fuck about anybody?

Depends how it went down, I started at a community college in the based rural part of my state and then transferred to a uni in Bawlmore. Even though there are SJWs I work on nights and weekends and pay for my housing and board without mommy daddy money, scholarships covered the rest. There's still some nice people here tho MD is growing red by the day!

Could it be that the education process is indoctrination into the left-wing?

Ideas stand or fall on their own merit. Intelligent people can and often do believe stupid things. In fact it often takes a bit of intelligence to think your way out of the obvious and explain away what you can see with your very eyes. And no matter how intelligent you are, if you go into something with a pre-determined conclusion in your mind you will find a way to validate it and ignore and explain away contradictory evidence.

Human equality is a religious belief. It is based on what people want to be true and on what makes people happy. It isn't based on evidence or reason. Intelligent people may believe it just as there are some intelligent people who believe in religion. It does not give these ideas any weight.

I'm willing to bet most people posting ITT favoring right-wing agenda falls under $75k a year.

It's like how most poor whites who are on welfare support republicans - they're too dumb/uneducated to realize that they don't represent their interests.

Educated people tend to believe in ideals and the best possible situation. They also have their own kind of social Darwinism going on where they think everything is progressing towards the perfect society.

It's why you see so many "wrong side of history" type posts from them. They don't realize our civilizations will never last long enough to achieve the utopia they dream of.

The right wing has a lot of the same biases in a different flavor, but they do tend to be more realistic.

This guy is partially correct.

It's also because a lot of college students are, believe it or not, not that political. I know politics have become more pronounced in recent years, but I remember my high school and college years(1998-2008) as mostly non political. I was too busy doing other things. I was still a conservative throughout those years, but all of my other friends were liberal except 1(and living in the northeast, it was pretty lonely having many friends but none who really agreed with me). But my friends were liberals out of convenience rather than any real conviction to the cause. It's easy to be okay with everything and not really take a stance. It's much harder to put your foot down and try to draw lines.

I guess my point is that in my personal experience, most people are liberal by default...at least in the northeast. By the mere fact that it's an easier option for people that aren't terribly political to begin with.

This is possibly the main problem with them, they pretend or genuinely believe that intelligence is not something innate. Maybe Einstein just had a man in a lecture hall talk at him really, really well.

They believe that if they just put black people in lecture halls and have men talk at them that they will pop out of the other side a functional member of society.

$75k/year ain't bad where I'm from, the $60k-$70k income range is the optimal income for the stress it's worth like an intersection on supply and demand charts. Less income means the job is less stressful, more income means the job is too sttessful, but $60k-$70k is the perfect balance of work stress and income

Most Americans in general fall under 75k you mong, specifically the demographic here that is 35 and under (give or take a few years).

60k is a pretty good living in my area.

I've known successful families that are right winged. I also know college professors that are right wing as well, and they have a pretty firm grasp on reality.

Haidt, a liberal kike, has found that conservatives have a more objective view of facts presented to them and what preconceptions they have are based on personal experience or traditions which have developed in contact with reality. While liberal's tend to reject observed data in favor of intellectual constructs.

Also reality had a liberal bias then niggers wouldn't have a mean IQ of 85.

Nah.

Just to add to my own instant-gut-reaction, the hard sciences are too preoccupied with doing hard science. It's typically the psychologists, social workers, etc. that form strong biased opinions and produce a tonne of 'studies' out of thin air.

Not even that long ago, the conclusions of certain fundamental social studies were found to be completely false and actually the exact opposite of the data produced.
The result is that the entire field of social-psychology is an absolute wreck, with roughly two-thirds of all works being thrown out of the window since they cited the fraudulent works and relied on them.

I've never heard of such things happening in bio-engineering, physics, mathematics and other hard sciences.

>being educated
>getting into debt for a lifetime to get a Good Boy certificate

Pick one

Then you got to explain why so many freakin niggers that are on welfare for many, many years that still vote democrat in their cities and states.

>reality has a liberal bias

>My brain subconciously bends reality and filters information to fit my beliefs and avoid cognitive dissonance because its uncomfortable

what's unusual about it?

Reality has islamic bias for muslims liberal bias for liberals nationalist bias for nationalists and christian bias for christians.

How is this some kind of witty saying?

It is an echo chamber in a sense, because there are prevailing thought and trends here. You're acting like the best opinions are the ones that survive here, and they aren't. For example, trying to debunk a conspiracy theory on this board will just lead to a thread full of conspiracy theorists lashing out at you with memes, shill accusations, and basic insults. There's no real discourse accepted if the opinion falls outside of the Cred Forums "norm". So each thread is kind of its own echo chamber by virtue of popular opinion just drowning out others with sheer numbers.

I'll grant that Cred Forums is still a much better platform since, at the very least, the posts can't be made invisible and nobody is shadow banned. The ability to at least express on this board is excellent. It's the userbase that engages in shitposting and engaging in their milder form of "downvoting" by making shill accusations.

So really it's moreso that the inhabitants of this board enforce a bit of an echo chamber through shitposting than the board itself.

>My PhD in Transracial LGBT Womyn's studies isn't liberal, it's just reality! If you disagree your a racist misogynist transphobe and probably an evil WHITE MALE!

>I've never heard of such things happening in bio-engineering, physics, mathematics and other hard sciences.
fmri studies got outed as being unreliable because of some poor algorithm last year, iirc 40,000 or so studies out of 60,000 were deemed potentially inaccurate

that's the election season m8

When it comes to religion and other retarded shit, yeah. But libs deny the truth about women and race and other biological truths.
>Conservafags
Muh Jesus
>Libtards
Muh feels

You're right they would never benefit from more non hourly wage jobs and lower taxes.

Im shillin for Hill now

Education or educated does not imply wisdom.

Colleges now value indoctrination over education. Sending a student to college, without having him or her work first for at least a year, is like playing Russian Roulette. Life experience is needed against which to check the lies being taught nowadays. And, on a sad note, more than half of college students no longer believe in free speech. They value speech codes to prevent offensive speech. Appreciation of America’s three slogans—In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum, and Liberty—is waning.

What do you want on your tombstone? “Here lies Joe Smith; he fought carbon emissions”?
Here is a rule: If you don’t fight real evil, you fight make-believe evil.
And here is another rule: If you don’t fight evil, you fight those who do fight evil. People who don’t fight evil hate those who do fight evil.

During the Cold War, there were those who fought Communists and those who fought those who were fighting Communists. There were those in the United States who hated Reagan much more than they hated Brezhnev and the Soviet Union.

>Unless it has anything to do with genetics or climate change.

Or anything to do with being an actual skeptic/scientist. We're talking about a group of people that think cough drops are phlegm, flashlights are diazepam injectors, video feed glitches are proof of a hologram, and that asking questions is evidence.

Cred Forums is one of the least scientifically inclined groups of people period. Pretty easy to spot this with literally any organization, poll, whatever being dimissed with jew brackets whenever it says something they don't like.

So people that want to stop immigrants from lowering my wage and stealing my jobs arent actually defending my intrests?

Is this what the leftist academia does to your brain?

>40.000 studies in need of verification
I hope researchers get the funding to redo all of them

Contd

Western Europe is the first godless civilization, which is why it is failing.
Religious people have more children, but godless Europeans are not having many, so Germany and other godless European states are disappearing.

When God disappears, countries disappear. This is what is happening to our universities. God disappeared, so learning disappeared. They have become godless places.
Nowadays, people go to graduate school and learn nonsense. People with less education are less foolish and have more common sense. They are also more religious, and wisdom begins with God. No God, no wisdom. No morals means you not only get immoral nonsense, but factual nonsense.

To be fair thia kind of stuff can happen in math, especially when some theorem are too complex... and sometime they build whole theory on false theorem

But in the end the intention is not malicious... there is no bais just hard stuf

>humanities have a left wing biased

FTFY. Plenty of 'right wing' 'fascists' in my engineering and physics classes. Most SWJs I know are getting the easy-mode degrees like history, philosophy, social studies, etc.

Contd

As for the Left,
For the Left, tolerance does not mean tolerance. It means first, acceptance. And second, celebration. That is totalitarianism: You not only have to live with what you may differ with, dear citizen, you have to celebrate it or pay a steep price.

I'm an atheist and still right wing. I don't need to believe in sky dad to defend against moral erosion, and I don't need it to make the best choices in regards to what will strengthen a country instead of what makes people feel warm and fuzzy inside.

>Nowadays, people go to graduate school and learn nonsense

Just like you learned nonsense from your bedtime stories and myths and you believe that all wisdom stems from a book and people must believe in it or else they're stupid and destroying society. You're an idiot.

>No morals means you not only get immoral nonsense, but factual nonsense.

And yet you and I probably have similar overall morals despite me being an atheist. I just don't need to base it on made up bullshit or the fear of having my ass burn for eternity in order for me to stick to it.

pic related:

very ridiculous statement
if history has taught us anything its that left wing liberalism cant stand reality

> college educated
> poor
You can say that when they are still students, but dear god not those who graduated.

extreme viewpoints are the hallmarks of low IQs, and since american universities are minority white and minority male, it stands to reason that they are less intelligent places

all the people talking about how smart universities are haven't been in one for 10+ years. Things were a lot different back then.

>Going to university for a degree in something that's only job is to go teach that degree at a university.

wew

being religious and believing in God are 2 very different things

Define 'left wing'. You mean like socialists? College educated socialists? If only we had a word for this. Or maybe you mean 'liberal'?

Cred Forums cannot even see past their idiocies, it's not surprise..

But well done on pointing out the hypocrisy.

Coming to a board where about 70% of the users are former liberals who grew up and saw how bat shit insane the left has become. Really made me think though

College is a very good way to make people conform

>echo chamber
of which thought
maybe libertarian
or national socialist
or tradtiionalist

because it's a direct benefit to them, as democrats generally vote for more public assistance?

are you really this dumb?

at least poor blacks realize they should vote to their benefit...

no
t.Uni student

Sure you can
There's so many retards and niggers with useless degrees that will never obtain real careers

College is by no means a guarantor of high income anymore

This

I was a former liberal. A nutty one too but then I grew up

Most poor whites who still work aren't eligible for half the welfare opportunities that unemployed blacks are

They have little to nothing to gain from voting Democrat but can benefit from a tax cut, and they aren't blinded by jealous rage just because someone else's cut is bigger than their own

> Godless Europeans are not having many, so Germany and other godless European states are disappearing.

Wow there. How about factoring the actual things that would make you not have kids :

-> Adulthood is deferred to your late 20s and even early 30s.

-> Having kids in a city where you can get a job is expensive.

Productive people end up paying taxes through the ass for "religious people" having kids on welfare, we are taking their resources to give everything to useless nogs and kebabs they have to compete with for housing, daycare, schools and even jobs. Stop importing shitskins in already overcrowded cities and godless Europeans will be having kids again.

40% of public assistance goes to whites

you bombed us

I heard something about people in academia in Denmark has - in the past recet years - been more and more right-leaning than ever. Even in the departments of the humanities.

Less than half of public assistance goes to 70% of the population.

The major difference is that people making over $75,000 a year don't live in areas with a large amount of minorities. They don't see the problem happening around them so they just assume it doesn't exist.

The problem is that the degree is more important to them than actually learning, debating and critiquing. The whole progressive stack and feminism MANDATORY(at least in N.American schools) leaves no room for skepticism or debate, and a hardline emphasis on "educating" everyone who they deem strays from the cause.

These students will have an extremely rude awakening when they wake up in a puddle of their own blood at a BLM rally post-graduation with a 200K student loan and a future 100K hospital bill.

HURRAY FOR TOLERANCE AND BEING PROGRESSIVE!

You ever think that maybe, just maybe, they have never left the education field because left wing professors tend to be unable to hold a job that's based on ability and performance?
If I didn't parrot leftwingnut stupidity in my college courses I had multiple professors that would have failed me. You can make the grade, get everything right, but still fail in some core classes on the PC curve.
It's sick, true, and exists. I've seen study and lab partners fail for speaking out too much against SJW culture and I know they knew the material.

Yeah in China like 99% of government programs are used to aid Asians. Fucking despicable lazy Asians, dude.

Be locked in university echo chamber being spoon fed Marxism for at least 4 years

>le smart people are liberal meme
>going to university by default makes you (((smart)))
>getting in permanent debt makes you (((smart)))

Most liberals won't even have a serious debate / discussion with you. It's all ad hom and then they run away like a child.

>education and intellect are the same thing

That would be more plausible if I ever met a liberal in my life that was tolerant of other opinions. Fuck how about one that can maintain composure when meeting someone with different opinions?

youtu.be/-NZVknySeE4

Educated or attractive? Hmm tough choice

>
WHY ARE YOU REWARDING SHILLS FOR POSTING OBVIOUS BAIT?

HOW IS THIS TYPE OF POST ANY LESS OBVIOUS THAT A POST ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO USE YOUR RIFLES TO FIGHT THE GOVERNMENT?

HOW IS IT ANY DIFFERENT THAN A SHITPOST ABOUT "WHITES COMMITTED THE MAJORITY OF CRIMES IN CURRENT YEAR"?

WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS REPLYING TO OBVIOUS BAIT AND SHITTING UP THE BOARD?

TYPE SAGE IN THE OPTIONS IF YOUA ABSOLUTELY CANT STOP YOUR NIGGER URGES FROM MAKING YOU POST