What's your opinion of Astrology?

What's your opinion of Astrology?

I'm not asking about /x/ tier shit here, or your daily horoscope in the newspapers.

I'm talking about ancient, recent and modern versions that moved nations, to world leaders still seeking advice from spiritual and religious figures with strong ties to astrological and numerological magic and its place in religious texts and masonic cults.

I ask because i'm completely new to this stuff, recently getting interested in Burmese/Myanmar political history, and need some guidance to why seemingly intelligent men still seek out what leaders in the past built societies around.

In terms of religion, nearly all major religions (or religions that were once major) have some basis in astrology. The first part of Zeitgeist explains this pretty well.

So you're saying it's as simple as "people are still religious"?

There's no actual reasoning and alternate purpose behind all the whacky shit that occurred in Burma due to astrology other than their leaders being superstitious fuckheads?

>What's your opinion of Astrology?

it's only good when Reagan does it

And now he's dead

Checkmate

absolute shit

Reagan will never die fuck nut

jesus is the sun disciples are the signs.

The, elites are obsessed with it and jesus christ is a composite character with "12" deciples that goes through the 12 zodiacs etc. same story told over and over again, go read up on horus and amen ra. you know that god all christians pray to at the end of their prayers? Amen, sound familiar christ fags? christos or christ was a egyptian term for the fat of a crocodile which they used to anoint their holy ones.

>obsessed
Are they really though?
Couldn't it just be another layer of social control?

I'm a bit of a fedora and am looking for any other reason than tradition or lunacy.

Ever notice how they do things timed off of occult calendars? Astrology is hardly a social control means, it is how they time things like the sacrifices and bohemian grove etc.
They use technology and the education system, media etc. as control measures.

Most if not all religions take from others and integrate aspects of those others into their own. For all we know, the ancient Egyptians may have taken or morphed older beliefs as well.

Go check out Micheal Tsarion and graham hancock and others you will find by studying the occult histories etc. you will learn a lot. I am not saying this is all truth but it will give you a wider view on what could have happened and why the elits guard their "blood" line so closely and feel they have a divine right to rule by the gods who came from "heaven" and interbred with man.

>Burmese/Myanmar political history, and need some guidance to why seemingly intelligent men still seek out what leaders in the past built societies around
Can you elaborate, or give a link? I don't think most of us know what you're referring to

If you reverse search that image you an learn a bit about that ET woman.

But basically the people in charge always consult their soothsayers in matters of governance.

And old one is that they changed which side of the road they drive on, despite having cars built for the left side because of ill portents.

But it's still going on.

Ah, on mobile. Will have to do it later. I see the resemblance tho heh. Interested in specifics. Will bump atm

The ancient idea was"as above, so below"- what is up mirrored whats down. So the ancients used the stars, planets to align their constructions. We don't understand fully why today because we have lost the "philosophy" behind it. The reality that the universe isnt chaos. Things are mirrored in a cosmic order tho the regularity of the cosmos above can be measured, so it acts like a pure geometry that has qualitative meanings we represent in symbols. Ancients tried to align these with whats on the ground to call on "the favor of the universe" to put it one way. If that at all helps

Here's a excerpt cut down to word limit.
Her actual name is E-thi

Tiny, frail and barely able to speak, Myanmar's most famous fortune teller -- known as ET -- has for years whispered predictions to Asia's rich and powerful, from generals to foreign politicians.

Myanmar's fortune tellers are thought to be behind several unexplained occurrences in the country, from the abrupt decision by the former junta to relocate the capital in 2005, to bizarre episodes when the generals appeared wearing women's longyi -- a sarong-like skirt.

Normally sartorially conservative, the top brass resorted to cross-dressing "so that a woman would not become president in the country."

Mystics have been ascribed great influence in a country where the workings of the secretive junta were kept hidden from the public for decades.

Aung Zaw said that amid the wilder speculation were strong indications that the army chiefs did dabble in the dark arts to try to reinforce their power.

Ne Win, the strongman who ruled Myanmar for around three decades, was notorious for his reliance on fortune tellers and their "yadaya" -- an occult practice where a symbolic act is performed to influence the future.

Even Myanmar's new reformist President Thein Sein has indicated his openness to heed the predictions of mystics.

"Sometimes they give me advice on how the situation of the country could be affected from the astrological point of view. I willingly take this advice into account."

Thi Thi said her sister, who is in her 40s, had also met former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra

Thaksin reportedly visited ET just days before he was ousted in a 2006 coup.

In three decades on the road, she said ET has travelled to "many many countries", including Japan, China, Singapore and Thailand

The capital relocation is pretty damn funny.
It's shrubland in the middle of nowhere

Pretty fascinating. Some cultures are ruled by the occult bc it touches cultural superstitions- thinking of Haiti and voodoo practiced by some leaders to rule by fear. The ET angle is interesting here. You cant verify things completely but you can run it thru established astrol ideas that we already have. If it doesn't align in any way (assuming theres some truth to our homegrown systems in the west or india, diff stems exist) good bet its all political control crap. Im suspicious already since it looks like it has a lot of control already.

Put me to mind of ET ops talked about in recent books by David Jacobs. Ill be looking more to see if there's a connection there. Thanks for sharing if this 404s

To clarify, the capital relocation may appear to be random. What if an unconnected earthbound astrologer would be consulted (theres geolocational astrology) would he see something more than random? This is supposedly based on et science/astrol. Or its too close to indigeneous astrology, it could be just a projection of that. We dont know aliens but we know astrology (not confirming its truth, only that that it has something to say, its not randomised). Dont think the topic goes far here except in political control by occult means. Question is is at all made up occult or can a basis for truth be found. ET ambassadors are notoriously fictional, astrol may be but its not all made up, theres a system behind it. She looks like a "hubrid" to me tho tbqh. Good luck

Yeah i'm just trying to see some reasoning for it beyond supernatural.

Why, after gaining power and wealth would you hand it over to mystics?

>the proof is out there

Well, if you look at western culture, there was court astrologers, etc like a govt cabinet. They rule alongside as a group, you wouldn't have to give it. But if it were part of an ET control program, it would be more that that. Prettt /x/ stuff, I'm monopolizing the thread so it bends that way. At least I gave an answer without dirty google or controlling skypes. Ha. A thread about political control using mystics and the occult be pretty interesting tho

It's fun but has no substance.

It does, even as a hoax. Social control via the occult. Papa Doc Duvalier ruled Haiti this way using Baron Samadi the death god

You can hijack the thread if you like.
I'm off for a bit.

Id definely post it to /x/ Mileage varies there, you might need to try at different times. I've seen more anti-occult attacks there than most other boards. Occasional brilliance tho. Fascinating subject tho