How do you all know English?

The impeccable shit talking using the English language is pretty impresive.

How does everyone know English so well?

Makes me think i should strongly consider becoming bi-lingual, and also makes me feel like a degenerate because i do not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XaYoUYr1obk
youtube.com/watch?v=cAAh0Gn2J8A
youtube.com/watch?v=nwH1B7-c0fE
youtube.com/watch?v=NCC_-1gVE5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=mRGxrqEFJ-4
youtube.com/watch?v=AgUwPyIeHTk
vimeo.com/149950964/.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY
gutenberg.spiegel.de!
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You just passively learn it over time if you are not retarded.

>How does everyone know English so well?

Because my parents kept me out of public school.

The hardest part of English is writing/pronunciation dissonance.
You have almost 0 grammar to learn.

But, you don't even learn most of it in school. School is mostly for quirks and formal stuff.
I was taught English by Cartoon Network and Runescape.

Why here most people know it so well?
Because we are the cream of the crop National shitposters.

I wasnt allowed to watch cartoons in my own language, its the same way I learned german, fucking german spongebob is god tier compared to the english one, thanks TOGGO RTL

Games and music as a kid
I translated Iron maiden songs and my parents ( both of them are teachers ) made me read books in English , mostly Asimov and Tolkien because my dad loves that shit

Video games, TV, internet and school.
Learned the basics myself when playing vidya at a young age. Then proper English at school. I was constantly exposed to English in vidya and on TV so I naturally got a feeling for it. Then I got on the internet and everything was English.
Nobody gave enough fucks to translate anything into Dutch so I kinda had to become highly proficient at it.
Also my Dutch university teaches everything in English.
We're a bunch of linguistic cucks really.

>how does everyone know English so well

Shitposting

Because it's the only relevant language. If you can speak English you can communicate with everyone of importance.

English is one of the simplest languages. I actually pity people who have English as their only native language. They can't understand and pronounce so many things in the world

Was taught the basics in school
The internet is in English so learn or get cucked
And yes you're a degenerate if you don't know at least 3 languages

I got addicted to watching friends with subtitles when i was 6. Could speak and read english at 9 years old.

ITs because of the fucking faggot ahmeds in britbongistan fucking invaded us.

It's pretty easy and we're exposed to it 24/7 (well not as much here in France but still)

Yeah being monolingual in the current year is pretty degenerate
Learning mandarin atm (yeah I know, chinese people are disgusting and dishonest etc etc), planning to start Italian in January

You should try learning some easy language for native english speakers, such as scandinavian languages, dutch and romance languages
Spanish could be pretty useful as you're getting invaded and replaced by spics

Done

The communist fagots in the education system who I hate and who teach literally nothing useful; taught me English.

That's how I know it.

Why is french such a retarded language? explain.

Vydia and sitcoms as a kid. Forum lurking as a teen. Shitposting in this Uzbek Woodcarving Guild as an adult.

Tell that to the Spanish

>Not retarded

There we have spains problem.

I learned english from the computer
It is really the best way to learn, school is crap

> i should strongly consider becoming bi-lingual
would be harder for you as there isnt as much content available in other languages online

also, english is the most useful language, spoken all around the planet, and also the language in which computer software is written

Fpbp

you forced this retarded language to us and to the whole world.
maybe it's a good thing eh, we are now breaking the curse that the jew god gave us from building the tower of babel.

French, English and Arabic I presume.

Literally any school has it as a subect here, only in the most expensive schools you have the choice over learning english, italian or french.
Plus, the 90% of the world media is in english, not learnign it whould mean a massive disinformation

Why would it be a retarded language?

By the way, I'm currently learning Russian, it makes me a lot more valable than others if a US-NATO/Russia war breaks out. And Russian chicks are fine and non degenerate.

Spics are degenerate, and their language is hideous.

You're not the best person to talk about the retardation of a language desu lad

Lived in Spain for three years and Spanish still look at me like an alien for being able to speak the language. Belief seems to be that English don't learn languages either.

Almost, replace Arabic by Spanish

I liked getting high and watching movies in different languages, now that i know English and moved to burgerland i watch Mongolian movies. Shit is hilarious while drunk/high

My first girlfriend was a 42 year old Missionary from Britain called Brenda, I was 15 at the time. We dated until I was 21, her Chinese was very poor so we spoke English.

The Internet finally gave all those powerless flyover stans the opportunity to tell Americans to eat a bag of dicks.

It's the butthurt, user. The butthurt compelled them to learn English so the 3rd world could tell us to get our shit rekt.

I always wanted to learn another language, but English is the de facto world language so I doubt I would ever use it.

>and also the language in which computer software is written
If you're lucky. There's millions of pajeets and japs that write code in their own language. Good luck with that.

We're all just using proxies man

the question is how you do you know English so well?

It's world's lingua franca, what can I do? Plus, English is the most Latinized German language, and it is not that difficult to leran - aside from fucking phrasal verbs.

TV, mostly. My English teachers hated me.

youtube.com/watch?v=XaYoUYr1obk

>There's millions of pajeets and japs that write code in their own language.

What?

English is a pretty simple language to learn. Almost too simple - the grammar is pretty easy to nail down, and there aren't any genders in it to mess your learning up.

By the time I was 14 I was already talking with scotsmen and new zealanders. Yes, I did have some problems because I didn't know some words, but visiting and using forums in English, playing games in English, reading books in English and watching games in English polished me pretty well IMO. I'm not saying I'm on a native-speaker level, but I may be above-average from the people in my country since I use English most of the time.

So much, that I've begun to forget my own language a bit. Words I don't pop right into my head like they did before - the English word for the thing I want to name comes first, and then the Bulgarian.

Why do fellow Americans always make these threads?
Baffling. There's a whole world out there, man.

Anything that is not a keyword (so variables, function names, etc) in kanji for example.

>*Whom I hate
Didn't learn it that well

Can confirm. Chiraq here, just got used to a German proxy for better
>muh heritage
threads

No idea, maybe because it's mandatory in every school, starting with eementary, and sometimes even kindergarden?
Then it's just snowball effect when you start playing english games, watch english movies or shitpost with other shitposters on Cred Forums.
People who speak only one language are, language-wise, low level blue collar and below tier because usually people who can't speak at least 2 languages work such jobs, or happen to be some niggers in shithole without schools.

Oh I see

because our ancestors got fucked up the ass with the big british cock

English is my first language, Pedro, and I speak it better than I speak chink

How is Mandarin going for you?
My excuse for dropping the language was "tonal languages are stupid and obsolete and there's no reason for people to humor a language that only hangs on because there are so many goddamn China men, all your words sound the goddamn same you godamn chink bastards".

>Monoglots itt
Stay plebeian. STEM+languages masterrace

>Spanish
>not retarded
pick uno

Underated post...

mmorpgs since i was little

This. With the expansion of the internet we will never be so isolated that a new language system pops up.

Beanerspeak=/= spanish

We're all literal geniuses, every European knows at least 8 languages and we all laugh at how ignorant the Americans are. We're so much smarter, man. Get on our level.

So... Yeah, we're all America's bitch when it comes to culture, it's fucking everywhere. There isn't a European Star Wars or Google, we don't put people on the moon.

private lessons - early 90s

Learn Dutch. Its probably the most similar living language to english, to the point where you can read dutch as somebody who doesn't know it and pretty much guess what its saying.

>Hey vriend!
>Kan ik je helpen?
>Waar is de badkamer?

Every country has a national team hand selected by the government. They learn colloquial english from an early age and are trained in shitposting and meme warefare. They are government agents. That is why the richer countries, canada, australia, uk, have such great shitposters.

They are all federal-level meme warriors

I watched a lot of Cartoon Network on satellite TV as a kid. I learned german when the kikes decided to scramble the reception.

>knowing multiple languages with the latin alphabet

I am fluent in english farsi and korean you little nogger

When I came to this country as an immigrant at 5 years old I had no knowledge of English other than yes/no, but I learned through watching TV with the subtitles/closed captions on. Not just cartoons either but most action movies, dramas, thrillers etc. I was even watching Frasier sometimes, of course I didn't get any of the jokes but I learned big words as a 6 year old kid like superficial.

By the age of 12 I was writing on a high school level. I don't know why more people don't do this. It's one thing to listen to the language and understand it audibly, it's another thing when you can see how words are spelled and how certain words function in a sentence.

Yeah but then you have to talk to Dutch people.

Its beginning. The eternal Anglo has planted his seed in the fertile womb of your mind. Soon you will find yourself craving burgers, praising Common Law and and saluting Big Ben. You'll crave the Big Anglo Cock, and won't be able to escape, not even in your dreams.

Well, most people who can have an English education outside of America have quite some cash, laddie

So most of us have lots of contact with English and American culture in general. We consume your movies, your media, your games and even your politics all day long

Also, remember that we spend our whole day shitposting, so we get quite good at it

I'm learning chink too. The grammar is pretty easy. The problem lies in their fucked up writing system. You need to memorize thousands of different characters, differenciate between the 4 different intonations, learn tens of thousands of words made from homophone characters that mean different things depending on which character you are using, shitloads of idioms, and you need to be able to write the correct characters with good penmanship. I believe its one of the things holding back their tech progress

yes, learning german through ASTRA satellite as a 6 year old was a really good move

Comment trouves-tu le Russe? C'est difficile? Je crois que je pourrai apprendre Russe ou Hebreu plus facilement que Arabique ou Chinois.

J'ai une bonne oreille pour français (meme si ma grammaire est nul) et après espanol je veux en adjuter une autre

School is the worst place for learning [spoiler]English too[/spoiler]. Period. I got higher scores than my classmate who has never skipped a lesson and actually needed high results for her uni entrance. I did it by playing vidya and shitposting.

English is just one of the easier languages to learn.

Knowing a few languages (best if from completely different language systems) definitely helps you perceive the world in a different language. Speaking English and Chinese is such a useful and rewarding combination, learning Japanese, German and French also was pretty fun.

>Hey Friend
>Can I help you?
>War is bad
How did I do?

learned 3 foreign languages at school but only 1 stuck (English) because of movies, series, holidays in whatever country where English was the main language and I fine tuned it through gaming clans and communities using forums, chats and comms.

practise makes perfect, would not be able to ask for an ambulance in france.

This is the feelig I get when I see Finns and plenty of Europeans get detailed abut the election; digging into states, their delegates, which are possibly leaning which way. It's fucking mind blowing.

Next time when you will be high try to listen translated North Korean propaganda radio. It will blow your mind complitely.

Ahahahaha
Western woman as is.

How old were you when you started fucking?

It's not a choice if you want to get anywhere in life, the Anglo rules the world so you must learn our language to succeed.

Its exposure you sod. I was in india for 6 weeks and was already picking up conversational phrases in hindi and karnada before i left. When you can go 2000 miles in every direction amd its only english theres no reason or way to learn a new language

It was definitely a written language created by scholars to maintain a monopoly on information rather than one created to spread it to the greatest number of people.

meh. just because you guys have zero interest in other countries/cultures doesn't mean it works the other way around as well.

in general eurocountries historically have been forced to look abroad and deal with different cultures.
so its not that mind blowing, and it aint just the US either you egocentric prick, knowing the world or trying to understand neighbours is common practise, even if its just so we can make lots of monies.

We're the top of our countries, we're true intellectuals.

Where is the bathroom actually.
Don't speak dutch but bad sounds like bath and camer sounds like camera which means chamber/room.

Disinformation is when you deliberately feed bad or false info to your enemies. I think you mean to say ignorance or lack of information.

>3 languages
>not 4
pleb

thanks sempai

pls no bully

I would assume many do it by proxy.
/thread

>Makes me think i should strongly consider becoming bi-lingual
You're not American get the fuck out of my country

>tfw you're an Anglo reading this thread like it's your fucking shrine

I kinda understand what he was trying to say. Knowing English (and watching/reading English news) would allow him to see the events from a different perspective, thus avoiding possible disinformation from the media in his country.

I'm an immigrant from the baltics and I literally learned it from watching cartoons and reading books. I could speak english by the time I was 5, and peeps were mad impressed.

English is capitalised you immigrant fuck.

>peeps

>meh. just because you guys have zero interest in other countries/cultures doesn't mean it works the other way around as well.
IT's not so much that. I understand that, I understand that the US has all the eyes of the world on it especially in pivotal moments and we as a whole don't even know our own processes.

It's the in depth, to the point that some of you even know our somewhat obscure lawmakers in states, sometimes even counties when the people living in that area don't even know.
>egocentric prick
Nice assumption. Thanks.

exactly this, a few years back the Kitchnerist goverment announced that we had better living conditions than Germany, If you where a monolingual pleb you could't knew for sure.

In theory in school, in reality with games/internet/science books (not school books).

The school education is pure garbage. If you don't have good parents who support your education (not the school bullshit, I mean the real science), you will end up unemployed and uneducated.

Family fled Soviet Union collapse to 'Murrica, lived long-ass time there, I spoke Russian with elders, English with my siblings. Dad knew several languages but I wasn't too interested in knowing more than these two.

Yes massa, I's sorry massa.

whats a good language i can just learn like you lads learned english?

just completely immerse myself in it

i dont really care what it is desu. but how did you figure things out?

im so interested in how you guys all mostly naturally learned english because i know a lot of people who learned it from like playing wow and shit

Tu as l'air de bien te débrouiller en Français, je ne sais pas ce qu'il en est de ton Espagnol. El Ruso parece muy complicado al principio por lo del alfabeto diferente, pero si estás motivado y no abandonas, verás que al cabo de unos meses ya podrás decir unas cuantas cosas.
But then again, it's only a matter of motivation (not even of time, by practicing only 10 minutes a day for a whole year, you can get pretty good results).

I studied German in high school and college. Sometimes I dream about declining German verbs, and wake up screaming.

Also, when you German speak, you must the verb at the end of the sentence put. What's up with that???

You have to learn a language you'll actually use otherwise you're gonna forget it and you won't be able to show it off. Since you're in the U.S I'd suggest Spanish but if that's not your deal then French or German works too.

If you do it, at least do it a way it might come in handy someday. Learn something that is widely spoken around the world like spanish, german, russian, or arabic/chineese/french if you want to get high pay to go to shitholes to deal with nogs or get screwed over by chinks doing busines with them.

English is the language of business. End of story

English is taught as a second language at school from the age of 6-7 years until we finish high school at 18.

Personally I learned most of it from watching American movies without subtitles (which also helped gain a deeper understanding of inside jokes), playing video games and forcing myself to use my computer, cell phone and other gadgets with English as the display language.

In addition to Norwegian and English, I am also proficient in Danish, Swedish, German, French and Icelandic.

As long as you aren't mentally disabled you will master it eventually considering you spend enough time in the internets.

Playing video games and watching movies in english also helps.

programming languages are in english

even the pajeets use comments in english

I enjoy pronouncing foreign words how ever I want. Nothing triggers me harder than seeing some smug muzzie with a perfect english accent pronouncing Islam like they would in Aribic (Ishhlaam).

Ever notice the way people like Alex Jones go out of their way to mispronounce foreign words? I think its nice, they are doing there part to adopt the word into the english language and anglicising the pronunciation is a good way of doing this.

when I was young there was cartoon network, and the shows did not have subtitles.
I mainly learned it from the powerpuff girls (buttercup is my favorite). and dexter's laboratory, samurai jack etc.
and also, school, of course XD

well its partly your own fault. believe it or not, shitposting on Cred Forums can be rather educational.

its a sport to trigger Americans because you guys will react to, and defend, anything we throw at you. and then you throw a fit.

I've learned allot by just creating troll threads about US obesity, gun laws, politics, health, anything to trigger americans.

and in the process of defending yourselves you often put some good stuff on the table.

maybe these days abit less, but in the old days this was very common. and anyone with a slight interest in anything could walk away a bit more educated

I want to become a translator. What would be the best language to master that valuable ?

we are getting anglowashed, praise the queen!

>Be me
>Being mentally bullied by teachers all childhood
>Get in to high school
>Getting only F's and E's on English classes
>More mental bullying
>In third year I was nearly held a year because in my teachers eyes I failed English class
>Finally finished school with lowest passable grade in English
>Summer vacation, There was Futurama in TV in my language
>Watched first season. Damn I really like this cartoon. I wonder if there is more
>I found there are four seasons in English and fifth is ongoing
>I'm bad at English (at least teachers say that) but I really like this cartoon
> Started watching in English from firs episode
>I know what they are saying because I've seen this in Polish so it's not so bad
>Well let's see this firs episode again
>I think I hear more words and they seem familiar
>Let's watch more episodes...
>somewhere in second season I was now watching episodes I did not watch before in Polish
>Suddenly I realize that I clearly hear everything characters are saying and I understand most of conversations
>Mid third season I watch Futurama as if it was in my native language. I understand all conversations. Still love this cartoon
>Eventually it ended. Now I find myself reading with easy every English text I encounter
>it's as if some mental blockade was lifted
>It took just 2 months of no school and watching cartoons
> WoW is now about half year old. It seems like a fun game, why not try it?
>Play WoW for a few days
>I have no problems reading all texts and understanding what all those skills and talents do
>it's about 2 months of WoW now
>I found some Scandinavian guild
>Everyone speaks English, from time to time I get some few words in chat
>Year later, we are serious now, raid 'n shit
>Teamspeak is a thing now
>Again I join in but mostly just listen to conversations
>It's hard, all English but mix of nations results in many accents
>Eventually I take part in conversations

I guess I learned in school but was not aware of it at all.

>And Russian chicks are fine and non degenerate.
>Russian chicks
>non degenerate

I have never met a Russian chick that wasn't a two-faced degenerate. They're hot as fuck, but someone you never turn your back to. Them and dago women.

Moshe the hedgehog looks pretty cute ^_^
Thanks user!

>strongly consider becoming bi-lingual
The only languages worth knowing aside from English are Mandarin (the trade language of East Asia) or Spanish (almost all Central and South America).

Russian or Arabic are ok options too, though not as useful. Russian was good because it opened up almost all of Eastern Europe, but since the Soviet collapse, nobody outside of Russia is teaching Russian as a mandatory language, so as the old-timers die off it will become less useful. Arabic gives you the Middle East, but aside from their oil, what else do they have to offer?

Learning euro languages that are only used in one or two countries is a waste of time.

Actually learnt english at a private institute for over 10 years, The vidya and the internet took over and did the rest of the job

I do have a FCE though

German

>first, start learning german words and grammar
>try to occasionally watch and read german news to get a grasp on the proper German (no slangs, etc.)
>get into entertainment (games, movies, TV-shows, etc.)
>speak and chat with actual germans through these games and join TeamSpeak servers
>learn german slang
>realize that you something MORE
>then you get into reading books

Second half is pretty much my experience. I also enjoyed Futurama, and when I recently rewatched it, I realized how many references have flown by my head the first time I watched it. Tons of sub-culture that would be otherwise not known to an ESL I could suddenly understand, since I've watched and read most of the things that were referenced in there.

I absolutely recommend to rewatch it if you haven't already. Sadly, it has ended..

>Runescape
>/thread

We native American speakers teach American to everyone who will listen, everyone else we bomb into oblivion in order to intimidate everyone around them into learning it so that they will not be bombed into oblivion.
Convert to American, or die.

McDonalds only serves customers in english in Finland so that you get the American experience. Kids speak pretty good english after few happy meals.

Vidya as a kid
It's taught me as much if not more then school .
Though I can understand why English can be hard as shit,
> There, their, they're
> same pronunciation but different context and meaning

Dutch is cool tho. Pretty similar to English. Makes for cool comparisons linguistically.

Any swedishbros here? I had a Swedish exchange student in High school and her English was basically native and I'm just like woah

Why would anyone want to learn German? It's basically useless unless you're in Germany or Austria. If you're going through all the effort to learn a new language, might as well have it be as generally applicable as possible.

I like the general sound and the extra vowels of EE.

It's pretty much all in the context, lad. I don't see why people have difficulty with mistaking these.

not gonna lie thats bretty gud M-night familam

Here in Mexico, as of over half of the world we usually learn english as our second language.
>i should strongly consider becoming bi-lingual
Learning another lenguage is kinda exiting, and talking two or more feels great everytime, plus it can be usefull.
Know english fluently already, and learning german, want to also learn japanese.

I started learning english from my Dad's Guns & Ammo subscription, gun and military books, movies, tv shows, games, books, internet. Maybe I learned some in school but by the time we were taught more complex grammar and syntax I didn't really need to learn any of it because I aced all the exams just on instinct. Now I apparently have the vocabulary of an average college graduate (~18k words or something) and I can carry out complex conversations without difficulty. I seem to fool most people online into thinking I'm an Anglo. I'll R8 myself 7/10.

Beeing bi-lingual is actually pretty intresting, cause you actually start to think in the language you are speaking RIGHT NOW, not your mother tongue. Try it out, it expands your horizon

LOL. Lies.

Either spanish or french, and maybe german but it may be a little of a strech.
Japanese, if you are a weeb and dedicated.

>tfw bilingual
>could live in most of the world
>Norwegian, Russian, English and a few other minor languages

Feels good mang

Yeah It's great. I learned to hate muds and kikes in 3 languages!

RARE

I came here when I was a kid because my dad worked for the Mexican government and it was really easy to learn.
Tbh it was harder to learn Portuguese even though its similar to Spanish.

>learning English from Asimov
my negro

Since you're American I'd say it's probably Spanish that's both easiest for you to learn (i.e. easily available materials and lots of native speakers nearby) and has the most utility for you.

French and Dutch are pretty close to English, relatively speaking, but I personally loathe French and there's no reason to learn Dutch.

I'm trying to learn german, which due to its fucked up grammar is a little harder than most western European languages for a native English speaker, but I still like it a lot more than French. (I'm really not sure why I'm bothering. I can barely hold a conversation in English. I could learn German perfectly and it still wouldn't give me anything to say.)

I thought French was the best language to learn, second to English, if you wanted to thrive in international business?

Any tips how to learn a language with a non latin alphabet? It must be a challenge to relearn everything

Americans usually learn a language out of necessity, parantage, or desire. They sort of all pick up English out of a desire to know the common trade language that isn't Ching Chong speak.

We should all use French though.

Gib Dich nicht auf mein Freund! Leb deinen Traum denn er wird wahr! Traue dich stelle dich der Gefahr! Alles was wichtig ist, wirst du erkennen wenn die Zeit gekommen ist !

Learn and practice the alphabet until you can comfortably read it.

What's wrong with that?

omelette du fromage
>>>/quebec/

Both ES and HS here tend teach English even more than Spanish. I personally started reading, watching and playing everything I could in English since I could do those things more or less fluently. Being exposed to American culture on the regular helps.

I believe there is a huge gap between the english skills shown in posts online compared to the actual spoken english.

Most here would have a pretty thick freakish accent and struggle to find the right words soon enough.

To all the people learning german (preferably native english speakers, or those coming from languages without gendered nouns) I have a question; do you find them hard?

The Cyrillic alphabet is VERY close to the latin; except for a couple of additional letters.

Thanks for that, by the way, Dad. Feels good to be Anglo.

>Arabic gives you the Middle East,
Kinda. Basically every Arab country has its own dialect, and they can be pretty distinct. The only unifying trait is Literary Arabic, which is standardized

In Sweden they serve you in Arabic... and you don't have to pay

It's an easy language to learn фaм, much easier than most other languages.
You have no idea how much US culture dominates television and the internet.
Chinks could never ever hope to export their culture in the same way.

I wonder how things would've turned out if the Axis won the war instead.

let's see how well I'm going

>Gib Dich nicht auf mein Freund! Leb deinen Traum denn er wird wahr! Traue dich stelle dich der Gefahr! Alles was wichtig ist, wirst du erkennen wenn die Zeit gekommen ist !
"Don't give up my friend. Live your dream then it will become true. [something something something] the danger. Everything that is important you will recognise when the time comes.

Ai spik inglish very gud

>Examine

>You have no idea how much US culture dominates television and the internet.
This realization always stresses me the fuck out.
Everyone treats US "culture" as the main culture while the native culture has almost become some kind of back-up culture.

youtube.com/watch?v=cAAh0Gn2J8A

>learning English from a Jew

wew

Well yeah, but at least you have the best chance of communicating if they don't understand English. Just like using Mandarin in Cambodia or something; if English fails, it's a lot more sensible to try your luck with Chink rather than Estonian.

its pretty much standart in european countries

in school:
year 1-3 = german only
year 4 = german + english

year 5+6 = german + english
year 7-12 = german + english + italian/spanish/french/latin (you had to choose one of these 4, i choose italian)

atleast in my school

>US culture dominates television and the internet

A lot of it is actually originally European culture though...

How many movies etc. are based on European books and historical events?
Also, modern music is like 90% "european"

A solid base in school, till you reach a decent b1 level, and from there on, just shitposting and lurking on Cred Forums, watching anglo tv shows and movies, and talking to whomever speaks English wherever you are.

I could pretty much speak english even before started having lessons i school, due to games and television. I think that subbed TV shows have had biggest influence though.

I have a pretty thick American accent and often struggle to find just the right word to insult someone with so I just call them a cuck and be done with it.

Pretty much same here; except that there's no choice and your third language has to be Russian.

>Belief seems to be that English don't learn languages either
yeah this too, you and Michael Robinson alone, and his accent sucks

It would have given birth to a global superpower culturally and militarily dominating the rest of the world through several puppet governments, its advanced warfare and its nuclear/space technology. And pretty much the whole West would suck its huge dick.

Gendered nouns are the absolute worst part of learning a language that has them. I can cope with everything else, but there is absolutely no reason why nouns have to be assigned to one of three mostly arbitrary classes. You start off by learning that 'Mann' is a male noun, and 'Frau' is a female one, and that makes a sort of sense even though we get along perfectly well without the distinction in English. But why, for example, should plates be masculine and cups feminine? If you have a neuter class then surely it would make more sense to use it for inanimate objects.

In short, gendered nouns drive English speakers absolutely insane.

There is a tendency in British and American translations of World-War-era German works to translate word for word, but in such a way that the most damning meaning possible is manufactured ("Bolshevism plays on insecurities among the dispossessed and was able to spread in the East due to the latter's proliferation" becoming "Slavs are an altogether subhuman race and easy prey for agitation against the natural order of society" and shit like that). A trick I have often employed was all but confronting English-to-German language students with redpill material, marveling at the sudden intensity with which they motivated themselves in the light of how hard the media are playing people; especially considering that the "blind idiot" school of direct translation allows you to sharpen your understanding of what case or quirk does what. Maybe try to track down a known bad translation (that one American who translated Sigmund Freud is infamous for this, IIRC) - you'll definitely end up with more stuff to talk about; and perhaps with the drive to keep doing it.

French is used in France, partially Canada and bunch of countries in Africa + maybe one or two in Asia. If you want to use it for money and won't get to work with French, you'll most likely end up working in Africa or some shithole and deal with dumb, poor niggers.

German or similar languages are used in cluster of countries in Western Europe. Probably more high end jobs than in case of the others.

Russian and its variations are used everywhere the moment you step out of Poland through eastern border and in the middle east where lot of russkies emigrated (like russian jews in israel) or where russians had their influence during cold war. Prepare for some mild bullshittery when you'll be working with Russians, or be sent to middle east.

Spanish will come in handy in Spain, whole South America and Mexico. Similar case as russian, except bit less political variables and more food related jobs insetad of heavy industry.

Chineese used mainly in China and maybe something near it, but it's so big and produces shit for so many countries it can still be valuable. Prepare for jobs ranging from banking, through heavy industry to fucking import of random shit, and for heavy bullshittery.

Arabic if you want to be sent into flaming shithole to do who the fuck knows what.

I'm assuming this is for foreign posters. Think about it. In order to use the most popular websites on the internet, you need to learn at least a little English. Native English speakers generally have no reason to learn another language since most others learn English. This is even more true for Americans. The only other languages spoken within 1000 miles of us are Spanish and French in small parts of Canada. Spanish is worthless unless you want to work in a border town and you'll never use French in the US.

Essentially we only need to know a second language if we plan to travel and even then probably not

We'd be speaking German as our second language, not a bad trade off imho.

US culture isn't my default culture, but I see how young kids are aping it.
Even the local TV shows made today try to use the same "humour" as US sitcoms and it rubs me the wrong way.

>A lot of it is actually originally European culture though
Italy used to be a force in the film industry, the UK has had just as much influence on music as the US
But European cultural relevance has declined a lot when it comes to the culture non-natives consume.

that's weird, because the English version is completely different:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwH1B7-c0fE

>There is a tendency in British and American translations of World-War-era German works to translate word for word, but in such a way that the most damning meaning possible is manufactured
You can thank the kikes at tavistock england, who also made up the holohoax, for that shit.

sure you are buddy

Unfortunately spanish isn't "worthless" if you are in a major city (aka shithole) and want to work, many jobs have a spanish bi-lingual preference or spanish requirement because of how man fucking spics are living there/working at the place and they don't fucking know AMERICAN. It's absolutely disgusting. If you're not gonna speak the language then YOU HAVE TO GO BACK.

oh god that one is scary please stop

youtube.com/watch?v=NCC_-1gVE5Q

isnt swedish just norwegian with an accent?

I believe I have also something relevant.

I have noticed that the English translations of many older (Bulgarian) people are half-assed and improper. Not quite word-by-word, but something pretty similar. Why is that? It's not that they're going senile or something; it's gotta be something else.

man the memories

youtube.com/watch?v=mRGxrqEFJ-4

Nunca nos vamos a regresar, ni aunque gane Trump, gringo de mierda ;)

I think the biggest advantage of learning a new language is the cultural opening you get. Stupid example: Reading Stephen King in english it's glorious because of all the references, word plays and general americana feeling you get in the original language, you can't really feel that in a translation (also we get most book translations from Spain and they're absolutely horrible)

Fuck any other language, if I would be english speaking native, I would not bother learning any other language (maybe other than some computer language). Learning foreign languages is some made up skype marxist shit. English should dominate and force out all other languages, language barrier prevent many euro normies from learning about the international skype problem.
Ironically, I started to learn english playing (((video games))) especially Fallout 2, Diablo 2, other rpg-s from that era, I started to learn german early at elementary, that changed to english because it was more interesting, all the content especially early video games that came out exclusively in english pushed my interest toward english language, and abandoned learning german. Later started to watch every movie in english too, soon without any subtitles. And later even worked for a year in London, I leaved because lack of english people, should have started to work somewhere in the countryside, and I would probably still be there. Neet even since, sucking in the US (((media))), and grinding through (((video games))), and for the past year cheering for Trump , trashing migrants here on Cred Forums, listening to english speaking youtubers, typing more here than speaking actual hungarian words to my surrounding... So I guess I got culturaly dominated, if not for my hate for googles, skittles, doritos and skypes I would beg the USA to annex us and make us a state.

You will be MADE to go back, Paco.

I was taught all I know from World of Warcraft. I always wanted to know what they were saying in English since the translation was shit so I taught myself.

Most Bulgarian-English translations are almost certainly done by Bulgarians who speak English as a second language, since unlike with German there are very few native English speakers who know Bulgarian.

Not that I know why that means older people get translated poorly.

Read people who have really good English. Personally I love Hitchens, and any of the Penguin classics, not so much for the classics themselves but for the language that the various scholars use in the introductions.

You can see that the standard of English is really in decline when you read old school stuff.

that is your own laziness.

especially your spic rape babies

BEST song to learn german for sure

youtube.com/watch?v=AgUwPyIeHTk

Interesting. I used to know French much better when I was younger, but no one outside of southern Louisiana speaks it, (excluding New Orleans, because fuck those obnoxious douchebags) and even then, it's the older generations who do and they only speak it among themselves because they're still pissed about the US government pretty much wiping their culture out in a couple of generations.

Only language you could learn and get use out of here is Mexican Spanish.

>What better way to fight (((globalism))) than by all of us speaking the same language!

(((stephen kike))) is shit.
We will be deporting him to your neck of the woods, alvarez, and then you can treat him to your mexican hospitality with a traditional beheading and dismemberment.

movies and videogames.
We subtitle everything, and when we see countries who dub everything, we laugh heartily, for they are pathetic fools.

It's my native language, and the only language I know. I wish I took French seriously back in secondary.

Agh, nevermind, I thought about it and I figured it out - it was pretty simple.

The older people now have the same mastery of the Russian language that today's generation have over English.. The culture was predominantly russian at the time (Soviet Bloc), so people flocked over to it.

Swedish, Danish and Norwegian are pretty similar, yeah. Kinda like comparing British English to American English.

What is an actual "American accent"?

Texas alone has different "Texas accents", (North, East, West, Hill Country, etc) and I cannot understand what the fuck some of them are saying at times. Add in people from other states who have similar problems within their states, and it seems like the US has no actual "American accent".

>je veux en adjuter une autre
>adjuter
That's weirdly arousing...

Haha, he's fucking terrible.

Listen to this guy too: vimeo.com/149950964/. Actually work with him, and have with Michael in the past.

The lowest they can go is a draw 2.

Those are regional dialects
Take any of them and place them next to a bongistani, or a cucknadian, or wherever the fuck else and have them talk, you will understand what the American Language is then.

Scottish to US english maybe (if the Scots had a slightly different written language too)

To be honest, I don't have anything against globalism, as long as it is white only, and Skype, Google, and degenerate free. As long as I could have guns and individualism, have little or no tax, and only need to work very little or none to get by. But a good globalism can only be built after the extermination of (((them))) and their puppets. 88

Based

I have no right to speak about this, since I'm not an american, but the most "American" accents would be these from the Midwest, Idaho, Oregon, Nevada and northern California. The East Coast's english is too "pure".

Are you doing this ironically? You look like you're trying HARD to fit in, and you look laughable.

Maybe if you Castillians and Andalusians weren't fucking retarded

Took my a level exam about 10 years ago at the local academic high school. The rest is gaming, watching movies in english (sometimes with english subs aswell) and writing with you faggots (although that didn't really improve my english in the first place).

Language is only useful for communication. Therefore the most useful language is the one that can communicate with as many people as possible. Right now this is English.

You don't have to forget your own irrelevant native language in the name of globalism. You just have to know English too, because that's what you will use to communicate with outside of Bulgaria. Exactly like you're doing now. On the whole, nobody but Bulgarians would suffer if Bulgarian was suddenly fogotten. Almost the whole world would suffer if English disappeared. It's not some Jewish conspiracy, it's how the world works.

Why are French people offended when someone learning the language butchers it?

I understand that, but what do people in other countries consider the American accent? Many Americans usually think of London, cockney, Liverpudlian or Lancashire accents for the British, and Parisian accents for the French as a few examples.

What is the American accent people emulate or identify the US with? Or is it by region?

One of my teachers said everyone she talked to in France said everyone in the US sounds nasally, but never talked about accent.

>being monolingual
>in 2016

Grew up in a polyglot household. My father used to teach English and Spanish on an university. My mom got her master's degree in Spain and her PhD in England before I was born.

tl;dr my parents raised me speaking portuguese, spanish and english

I learned a bit by playing runescape and then I forced myself to study.

ny

Oh I know there are several constructed languages that are objectively better than English. English is a complete mess when it comes to grammar and orthography. The problem is that nobody speaks them, and a language's entire purpose is for people to use it for communication. English has become the de-facto international language. We are stuck with it whether we like it or not, so might as well embrace it. Teaching everyone Esperanto or Interlingua is simply not going to happen.

>Being from a country that needs to learn English as a second language to be able to use the internet and converse with the world
>Not being born into the best language

Pretty well
I actually have classes with a chinaman teacher, he emphasizes a lot on the tones so it healps

games never fail to teach you some basic english... learned the english language actually before i learned about algebra.

There was a video made about this where they spoke some weird fake language that was made to sound like what American sounds like to non-native English speakers and maybe even to non-Americans. I have no idea what it was called, and it sounded like pure ayyylmao speak not an American talking to me personally, but maybe it's what you're looking for here.

All I can say is that, to me, it's just the way we carry our speech, the way we use our inflections and of course the word choices.

Like I'm not saying bostonian is the same as chicagoan or either of them are the same as cuckafornian, but there's SOMETHING of a common thread in them that makes them all unmistakably American.

Dude, you're just blindly pointing out "oh, it's jews!". Stop for a moment and think.
>Why are most innovators and artists jewish?

They had the money to finance their studies and endeavours, and they used them. What's so bad about that?

The "best animator of all time", as he is called by some - Yuriy Norshteyn is a jew.. A hard-working one, at that.

Well, they google skype shit is ironically, there is no real need on Cred Forums to self censor ourself yet. And the (((them))) is just kind of funny.

But serious part, I like the freedoms americans supposed to have, and I imagine the ideal world is white only, all non-white non-japanese non-south korean (maybe some other chinks too) people exterminated, especially the jews (on ethnic lines, and religious lines too). I would like to have guns, like to have a government that don't bother me, and don't waste tax money on culture, sports and non-essential things. I would like to have guns, I would like to grow my own food, and have my own water supply. I like to live in a land that no neighbours around for kilometers, but everyone I could trust enough not to have to lock my stuff. I don't want forced association with anyone, don't want to be forced to act polite. Free trade, and no patents or copyrights. A mix between national socialist, and a libertarian, not sure if there is a word for it yet.

Anyone who don't speak at least 3 languages is functionally retarded.

I learned it mainly by reading comics in english as a kid and playing Mass Effect. Associating the images to the words helps a lot. Of course later on I learned it more in depth in school, but I was still the best in my English class in all my school years.

What do you speak apart from Norwegian and English?

Consider that English is basically the only one that you need to know. If you intend to travel a lot it would be worth learning Arabic and maybe Mandarin or similar.

easy to learn, hard to master. tha'ts how english became so widespread, and why Chinese or Spanish won't ever being the main language .

Dette.

You just described Finland, user. You're gonna have a blast with the fingols.

School teaches us the basics, the rest is from lurking and browsing the internet.
To top that, I'm a kid of Turk migrants. Fluent in three languages: German, English and Turkish.
>Makes me think i should strongly consider becoming bi-lingual, and also makes me feel like a degenerate because i do not.
Lol, there are lots of people like me. Fluent at three languages. Germans often learn French at school too. Imagine I chose to take French lessons. Four fucking languages.
How can you even compare.

Reading and listening to English on a daily basis, I'd say.

Aye Scots can hae a bit o a different written language bit tend nae ti write like at maste o the time, bit alot a folk spik like is a the time.

>How can you even compare.
by being white

>video made

youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY

Anyone in Latin America or in any relation to Spain is usually monolingual and slightly dämlich...can confirm, i'm a mestizo beaner.

There are a couple of reasons why:
- European Union pushing English classes in elementary schools
- The internet being pretty much (American) English on all popular websites
- Games, films and books in countries where not everything is translated to the native language (especially France is very protective of its language, Germany was too, us Dutchies consumed [American] English media on a massive scale as elementary school pupils)
(Optional)
- die Kanzlerakte (conspiracy that the US has control over education in Germany)

I love Itchy Feet.

I was supposed to learn English at school for nine years. But I did not become fluent in English thanks to good schooling! I've read some classics like Moby Dick and Gulliver's Travels by myself since I was fascinated by american and british culture - and yes, there is a very rich american culture, though some europeans and many more americans deny it.
Additionally I've watched cartoons like South Park and enjoyed movies in English. This is one of the most efficient ways to learn a new language.

Let me redpill me on learning a foreign language: Don't do it like they teach you in school! This is the most unnatural way to learn anything. Do not even look into the grammar! Did you learn grammer while learning your first language as a child? No, you didn't. And you actually shouldn't!

I also learned Latin for six years and was barely able to translate a latin text with the help of a vocabular book... Then I discovered a latin book titled "Lingua Latina per se illustrata" - it's a book completely written in latin that actually teaches you latin. I highly recommend it! This book is ten times better than any conventional schooling you can get. Also you'll realize how a language is taught properly.

Go America, I love your country!

Yeah that's the one, those two look like fucking eternal anglos to me though.

German, English, Spanish, and Turkish speaker here.

>Turkish
For what purpose?

>To be honest, I don't have anything against globalism, as long as it is white only

huh, I never thought of this, and I agree.

I am English, it's my language.

I learned a lot of Spanish in school, but it's not like I'm gonna go out and talk with Mexicans so I won't ever be fluent.

Funny enough I often respond to troll threads acting triggered just because I figured it would be entertaining to the OP, plus I've always just liked role playing and acting.

I especially like playing the role of the ignorant American that hates anything foreign and doesn't understand other languages.

How is it dumb? They literally add another dimension to language in order to transmit more meaning with less "bytes." Same w their writing system desu.

Stick with tones. An hour daily and after 9 months they will be second nature like u were born chink. Thats how i learned thai then i started some mandarin and they have different tones but u only have to suffer that 9 month period once in your life it seems

To fug anzu, why else.

that's not true. Is the General American accent, the one heard in newscasts and normie tv-shows like Friends or BBT, even if one is based on Commiefornia and the other in NY, it's kind of the same.

If you hear a north-eastern accent like the New York Accent is pretty easy to tell apart, it's non-rhotic like RP or cockney. They also tend to omit the H sound, that's why people make fun of Trump (NY) or Sanders (also NY), because they say "YUDG" instead of Huge"

I'm really fucking considering picking up German. Anyone know a place where I can download books in the german language?

to properly deny the Armenian genocide

not so fast, Muhammad ibn Al-Fishnchips

2ndpbp

I speak:
Norwegian: Jeg snakker norsk!
English: I speak English!
Swedish: Jag gillar pippi langstrump redda jeppe tyckar ni tyckar jag
Danish: Hueueueueuhueueueue
German: Ich denke dafur ich bin so gewesen

Nah, you're answering exactly what I was asking. Thank you. I guess the "neutral" midwest accent is what I usually hear in other media.

Girl I dated for a while was Turkish, fell in love with the language, culture, its women (especially), etc. Plus, if you learn turkish, the sister languages are like 90% mutual intelligible. As to say, Tajik, Turkmen & Crimean Tatar

What was your native language?

Well that one hit me pretty hard 0_0
You're right, ever since I was a little kid I was mesmerised by the Aryan type. I always wished to have blond hair and blue eyes.
Im jelly...

Dein Deutsch ist wie die Hundesscheiße auf meinem Rasen.

Oh my friend you SHOULD learn a second languaje, it doesn't matter if you know english, it's because it shows how smart you can be, also bragging rights.

Anyway, my dad traveled to the US back in the 80's and he loved it, we used to watch a shit ton of american tv and movies back in the day with my brother and him, my older brother eventually learned english, as for myself also music and vidya helped, sadly schools here are pretty lax in english teaching, unless they are private bilingual schools.

Try
gutenberg.spiegel.de!
There are many german classics. I recommend translating and reading children's book at first.

You might consider to rewatch your favorite cartoons in German with German subtitles. You'll already know the plot and that's a great advantage. By doing this you will learn the meaning of the words automatically.

I've been studying Spanish in fits and starts for a couple years.

Most everyone talks about learning English from TV shows and movies. The problem for me is I can't stand to watch Spanish (Mexican) TV. It's truly awful aside from the occasional T&A.

I did considered getting there, especially after they annonced that they will experiment with basic income. It would be awesome to be the eternal neet there, build my own house, and grow my own food (having time for that), learn a profession, start a business, start a family there. It is the language barrier that kept me away so far, even though my native language is from the finno-ugric group too.

>This

Why? You haven't even mastered English.

Faggot I speak 4 languages and my German is better than 90% of their population. I know words most German haven't even heard.

Luxembourg polyglot masterrace

Thank YOU, user!

Watch Argentinian Spanish shows, it isn't subhuman Spanish like we hear in Mexico

MMOs, fansubs and Cred Forums. My pronunciation is extremely shitty because of that, though.

Good suggestion. Don't forget Max und Moritz. We read those in German class. The rhyming helps.

>una servesa pur favr senior

>tfw can only speak English
>tfw no cool accent
T-thanks America

>German: Ich denke dafur ich bin so gewesen

du hast es probiert, viel glueck die naechste zeit

English is relatively easy language compared to Russian on German, for example.

I learned english mostly while playing videogames and board games.

>Because we are the cream of the crop National shitposters.
Kek i like that idea

>there, their, they're
this isn't hard. it's the most basic stuff to know the different meanings of these three words. and that's coming from someone who had troubles learning english when he was a child. well. not english in general, more like tenses and pronunciation. the hard stuff are the perfect tenses. the rest was more or less easy mode

>only being bilingual
Plebs.

Ich denke, also bin ich

English seems fairly easy compared to most European languages since we lost most of our verb inflections and gender declension.

I've never learned Luxemburgish but I am able to understand some of it because my parents are Transylvanian Saxons. My ancestors were people from Luxembourg who travelled to Transylvania 900 years ago and lived there relatively isolated for many centuries.

This is the + of being diaspora

Speak fluent Swedish, English and Yugoslavian

Why do the norwegians know so much languages? In this thread I've seen quite some of them mocking people for being "only" bilingual.

Try watching popular TV series and movies, user. Both in American English and English English. You'll both learn proper pronunciations and be entertained at the same time.

Thats's definitely one of the weirdest and dirtiest cases of zoofilia I have ever come across. I had never seen Insectophilia.

>know 3 languages
>2 of them are fictional

your just stupid.

you do things to gain status? pleb

Seems easy because you speak it natively.

People learning it come across a word as innocuous as "row" and have no idea if it refers to a line of stuff, getting in a boat with some oars or a splendid argument without learning the full context of the language.

Then they come across a word that ends in -ough and get to experience the pronunciation lulz game

I've thought of them, too.
These are absolute classics and you will also learn something about German culture or thinking.
Enjoy your learning and remember that any media will do it, so just follow your enthusiasm.

My pleasure, user. Have fun learning German and never forget that it's not an easy language. Actually many Germans have difficulties with their language.

My mother taught me young

auf wiederschnitzel!

Ich habe nicht viele deutsch gespricht gespracht. Alles vergessen. Geproblem?

Congratulations, you have some luxembourgish masterrace genes in your Dna. You have already won at life, but I wish you all the best and remember to propagate your genes because they might save the world one day

Video games, and it was obvious ever since childhood that English is the language to learn, couple that with it being retard-proof and you have no excuse.
I consider people who aren't bilingual or beyond to be absolute degenrate retards.
I consider people who are bilingual or beyond BUT all the languages they speak fall in the same family to be stupid tryhards but at least they try you know.

I have been watching movies and TV shows in English for years so I know how words should sound like but actually saying them is completely different.

>knows 3 languages
>2 are python and c

How the modern world expects you to know languages

Videogames

Also the phoetics of spanish are higly similar to those of turkish,

Spanish isn't even that hard. It's like the number 2 language high schoolers learn, the number 1 is French (I think, this may have changed to Spanish since I went to school).

Playing the American is always the most fun part. But because of flags it's sadly not possible here.

>tfw fluently in russian, german and english

english is by far the easiest one, even amerifats become decent at it

Even in Bulgaria there are people interested in learning Spanish; I was kinda suprised at first.

One of my friends grew up watching novellas and other spanish movies - they had an impact on her, so she's a decent spanish speaker now. It's kinda puzzling, though - learning a whole language because of cheesy TV dramas?

>americans eating home cooked meals with vegetables
>kek

How the fuck do you become fluent at Russian?It's hard as fuck cousin.Are your parents Russian?

you're a degenerate if you speak any language other than English you filthy barbarian!

Pretty much why people tend to gravitate towards Japanese, because of anime. I learned it because it was the only language available for scheduling in my classes, I wanted to learn Russian but I guess it's not popular enough to have more than 1 class.
I did not believe how many spergs took that class just because of anime. There's like 1 chick in there learning it because of a business major. 2 people were Japanese and wanted to learn their own language.
I know a lot of people learn Spanish for business and having wives/girlfriends who are Spanish.

Games and badly dubbed kung fu movies

cartoon network

Ehmm, because of the latin alphabeth? Also, english is easy as fuck compared to other languages.
"Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler". - Albert Einstein

Was born in Kazakhstan. We are/were Wolga Germans and moved after the soviet collapse to germany.

where can i find translated nk radio

Thanks, user! I know we have an obligation.

We already stood up against Islam in the 16th century by defending our cities and villages against the turks. Since we were few in numbers we had to transform our churches into fortresses. And they didn't get us. We killed every single one of them who tried to approach our bastions!
Look, user! That's the reaction of your brothers and sisters after they heard of the muslim invasion. Be proud.

>filo tantum rustici in faciem

>tfw STILL monolingual

Gotta learn French. Gotta learn Spanish. Gotta learn Latin. Gotta learn Greek. Gotta learn Japanese. Gotta learn Mandarin. Gotta learn Nepali. Gotta learn Russian. Gotta learn Hawaiian...

>Japanese
>Mandarin
>Nepali
>Hawaiian

Literally why? Why not German?

You're a burger, you virtually have no excuse not to.
At least do it for the sake of travel.

>burgers
>learning other languages

top kek

Lots of Youtube and reading, I also forced myself to think in English. It's a great way to retain new words and get the hang of the syntax.

Calm down. Learn just one and master it first.

Is there something in a language you do not speak that you wish to understand?

>latin
not entirely useless; it will make you smarter
>japanese
>mandarin
>nepali
>hawaiian
For what fucking reason? Hell, even Greek isn't that important (sorry greekbrahs!)

>yugoslavian
did you mean the glorious bosanskosrpskohrvatskocrnogorskitotalnosmorazliciti language?