Redpill me on zebra crossings

At a pedestrian crossing, do you wait for the green signal to cross the road if there isn't any cars in sight?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_OsRPWRJ7PY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In the states, I believe it would technically be jaywalking, but it's not like anyone gets ticketed for jaywalking; it's more to protect cars from jaywalkers, like how wearing a seatbelt is a law so you're not responsible if someone flies out of their windshield and dies.

Homeless people certainly don't care about traffic lights.

I suppose if you're in their company, it's fine to ignore society's limitations.

Not usually. For crossing some major roads I do wait, sometimes you have idiots trying to beat the red light.

There is also no fine for walking against red, unless you were the cause of the accident, and I would assume the same applies in most of Europe.

It's funny because not a week ago a friend of mine got fined for doing just that. That's the first such case I've ever heard of, though.

What about if you are completely alone and no one is around (e.g. during the night) and you aren't in a hurry. The light is red. There will be no punishment if you cross the road. Will you?

If there's nobody to run me over why would I wait? For what?

Depends on the time and how busy it was before, it also depends on the crossing.

>What about if you are completely alone and no one is around (e.g. during the night) and you aren't in a hurry. The light is red. There will be no punishment if you cross the road. Will you?

Yes definitely

No I do not

Because it's against the rules.

What if you're in an empty crossroad with a car and the light is red. Will you run it?

I live in a small town, so I barely ever wait.

In a big city like Galway or Dublin I would be more careful. Still, if the way is clear, I still go for it.

If i can oversee the crossing well enough yes.

I do wait. For many years I'd wait if the road was clear from sight to sight.

Recently local gubbament started putting pedestrian stoplights in retarded places, so I often just walk straight through those.

Also, there are six eggs

In romania is safer to cross on a red light then it is on a green light

Of course not when it's high trafic , but when light trafic , much safer.

The cops don't give a shit also , because they know this very well.

Because of the color of the light you know you are taking a risk because of this you pay more attention to whats going on , and most drivers even if they fucked up they know they can cross.

Meaning that a driver will mind his own business , and you will cross when you can see it's safe.

Crossing on a green light doesn't make you invulnerable, and if the drive is not paying attention because "phone, anger, drunk" chances are your gonna get rekt on a green light.

My personal opinion is simple , cross each time by paying fucking attention. look both ways and make sure you dont get hit.

No because with my luck there's a po po somwhere I didn't notice.

On the other hand though, I've seen them runing red lights multiple times at night by just flashing their lights for a second for a """justification""", so and so...

Yes. Why The fuck would I play with traffic?

No, because red lights for traffic are operated on-demand by induction loops, and if the red light stays red for a while there's probably a good reason for it (another vehicle approaching).

The only time I ever pay attention to the walk/don't walk signal is when I'm driving, to tell when the traffic signal will switch.

You don't have those second counters on your stoplights?

Kek no, I didn't even know those existed. A lot of the walk/don't walk signals have counters on them tho, so in effect they serve the same purpose.

It actually doesn't matter because niggers don't even come close to cross walks. They attempt to cross highways at the point which they first approach them, sometimes traveling across suicide lanes and risking the lives of all drivers on the road.

In Amsterdam anything goes.

Most tourists either don't know basic traffic rules, or they are too busy playing with their phones to notice lights, zebra crossing, or traffic.

I always wait for the crossing light. I'm part black, and cops will use any excuse to murder me. It's best to be safe and not give them a reason.

I've only seen those used for cars in Romania.
They are God tier.

>cars keep running over pedestrians
>car makers lobby so that it's the pedestrians fault
>jay walking created
Gotta love america

I always wait for the walk symbol

I don't even do that on a bike.

youtube.com/watch?v=_OsRPWRJ7PY

In my experience pedestrian crossings in Romania only give you a couple of seconds of green light, nowhere enough to make it to the other side.

So yeah, just look and ignore the light.

This is a meme thread right? why the fuck would you wait around like a goon

Dr. Pavel, I'm Crosswalk

>tfw got hit by cars on 3 (THREE) different occasions when crossing a street on green light
Don't wait anymore, but I sure as fuck keep my eyes open now.

Mohammed in charge of crossing streets.

Depends on the situation. If it is during the day, and there are cars on any part of the intersection, I wait. If it is night and / or the roads are empty, I don't.

Less than 100% of people hit by cars are suicides, so that means that there is always a chance that you "think" it is safe to go, but it isn't.

Yes, only because I try to avoid being that asshole pedestrian who doesn't follow the signals when vehicles are around. Doing it all the time keeps the habit up.

If there are no cars and its early in the morning I'll cross. I'm not hurting anyone by doing it.

We have them in Bulgaria too. Mainly for cars, but recently for some walking stoplights too. They're utterly awesome, I assumed they have them everywhere.

You can't get driven over if there are no cars around. If you are blind then it makes sense to wait for the signal to start clicking.

If you do get a ticket. DO NOT fight back. Wait a few months, find his/her family, and make one member disappear. This is the best choice. Do not threaten, don't do anything official. And don't forget to pay for the ticket.

You don`t get to cross with friends

Yes
Niggers J-walk
Also you wait for the signal so you can sue if anyone hits you because legally they were in the wrong