Providence, RI

Should I move there pol? Is it a good place to live as a single 28 year old? I have lived in Korea, L.A., Cincinnati, and now in bumfuck Omaha. Cincinnati was the best place honestly.

I despise Omaha and there is a work opportunity to move there, just don't know much about it. I have family on Long Island and some old Army buddies in Boston.

How are the gun laws? Is there shit to do in Providence or am I going to have to travel every weekend in order to do anything?

Right now I drive to KC, STL, or Denver to do anything worth while, so anything is better than here. Just want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Based on what you have written and personal experience I strongly suggest you move somewhere else.

It's run by the mob, gun laws suck, it's a bastion of liberal logic with Brown U and RISD running the place. It has no real sports teams, but some good bars. Traffic sucks and every road will be under construction forever.

Doesn't sound much different than most cities.

Why though?

To add, racially Prov/South Prov are the antithesis of Cred Forumss crowd.

if you use or sell heroin, then yes, it's perfect for you

Lived in Cranston for a long time, mainly suburbia with some rural parts out west. One of the top 50 safest places to live a few years ago.

Honestly, Providence is nice but there are better towns in the surrounding area that are a less than 15 minute drive from the city if you know how to get around the traffic.

If you want to live in a dump surrounded by cucks go ahead live in Prov, but the suburban parts are pretty common sense conservative. Best towns imo are Cranston, East Greenwich, North & South Kingstown and parts of Warwick (stay away from Oakland Beach).

I'm guessing it's filled with dirty liberals like all of New England

That's everywhere though. Would it be a good place to meet people?

As a mass (suburban Boston) native who lived his 20's in California and now lives in NH..

I view all of RI as the Special Ed. class of New England.. Only Newport is tolerable..

Providence is strictly a third tier city.. minor ,minor league place.. backward and over run with poor ,dumb immigrant populations.. its a very sad , dreary and confused place with terrible roads, over-congested traffic but if all you want are the typical mass market resources they're there and maybe rent will be cheaper because its such a shit tier location.

Overcrowding, lack of work opportunity in New England, no legit outdoor enjoyment to be had without a huge investment...our list goes on

I don't mind living among them honestly. It provides me with daily reminders of why they are retarded.

That doesn't sound like a good time to be honest. I thought Brown was Harvard tier.

Compared to Omaha, it probably would be better. Would you agree with that?

Fellow MA to NH transplant here, as this other user noted the southern 3 new england states are cesspools of liberal hell. The nothern 3 are awesome all 95%+ white, 2 are constitutional carry one has no license for purchase or OC and shall issue for CC. Little to no sales or income taxes for all three.

TLDR: dont move to RI

>Newport is tolerable

kek Newport is a shithole, just the ritzy tourist part is nice and that's only one strip and a couple beaches.

There's stuff to do just don't live in the city. Move to a suburban town, it's an extra 15 minutes to commute and see the sights but you'll have a nice house with no googles around.

don't live near the city.. maybe try North Kingstown or somewhere east of east providence near Warren if you need to be close to Downtown..

I bear a grudge against Little Roadie because they are not friendly to travelers. I occasionally need to drive around in this state for work and more often than not public concessions refuse access to their bathrooms .. even gas stations often will rather put a portable toilet in the parking lot for customers

They seem to have a real phobia about letting travelers relive their bodily functions and comfort themselves which to me is truly deplorable and entirely uncivilized..

Providence is a great town. Lived there for ten years. Great food and coffee, amazing art scene. RISD is full of spoiled twats but keeps the arts rolling. Great punk/noise music scene. Very bikeable, too.

Live on the West Side near Atwels, Broadway or Westminster. East Side is full of rich faggots and spoiled college students. Get coffee at White Electric, eat at Local 121 and catch a show at AS220.

There is always something to do there, shows, art openings, hockey. The new fast ferry to Newport opened this summer, my buddy took his daughter on it and loved it. 45 minutes dock to dock. There are some amazing beaches in southern RI, also about 45 minutes away. Boston is also an hour drive.

Mob is on the decline, had a pistol license when I was there, can't argue that it isn't full of liberal idiocy. The Pats play about 20 minutes away in Foxboro, Providence is the closest city to the greatest sports team of all time. Traffic sucks always.

No RI is a shithole

Maybe portland maine, portsmouth nh

RI is horrible, stay away from it and Massajewsetts.

t. New Englander

Go Pats!

>portland maine, portsmouth nh

This but he said he had a job opportunity. Providence is a place that can work if you put the effort into living there.

>Should I move there pol?
No

>Is it a good place to live as a single 28 year old?
Not if you're looking for anyone who wouldn't dump you the instant you said anything like what Cred Forums consensus is.

>there is a work opportunity to move there
Just be aware there isn't much work if that doesn't work out

>I have family on Long Island and some old Army buddies in Boston.
Boston would be better

>How are the gun laws?
It is de facto impossible to get a concealed carry. Must be licensed to own a handgun. No open carry. It is a stand your ground state.

> Is there shit to do in Providence
If you like shopping, restaurants, waterfire, and music events.

Since you're a Cred Forumsack I'll add this: Rhode Island is a sanctuary state, and a 60-year Democrat stronghold. The bridges look like pic related, there is lead in the water and there are extremely bad drug/gang problems.

I recommend staying away from Providence, Warwick, Pawtucket, Woonsocket and Central Falls if you do choose to move to Rhode Island.

Personally, I am moving out of this state as soon as I can afford to.

>They seem to have a real phobia about letting travelers relive their bodily functions and comfort themselves which to me is truly deplorable and entirely uncivilized..

This is because our heroin problem is so bad that people kept dying in common bathrooms.

I worked in providence RI as general counsel for the state gov for 2 years and I can tell you that RI fucking sucks. Don't go there

Story time?