Can somebody here explain to me why most people on here are against the TPP? Or why it's a bad thing

Can somebody here explain to me why most people on here are against the TPP? Or why it's a bad thing

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.com/trans-pacific-partnership-intellectual-property-law-why-internet-freedom-groups-dont-2171936
cnn.com/2015/06/11/politics/trade-deal-secrecy-tpp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The TPP strongly benefits developing countries at the expense of developed countries, while still benefiting the business owners and their wallets.

Free trade isn't a positive for us when we have the leverage to negotiate favorable deals towards our developed countries.We hold the cards, owe those countries nothing, and it's not worth harming our citizenry to benefit them and the extremely wealthy.

Hnnngggg

Also the IP regulations are shit, imposing US style nonsense worldwide. Our judges here told copyright owners they'd be getting about $50 per infringement and we've had no cases since

It annuls our national sovereignty, for one thing. Once you are in TPP, our duly elected representatives no longer have a say in who comes and goes across our border, and instead, some vague "tribunal" composed of people sent from other TPP signatories, decide who can be in America and who can't. It's one big power grab. If you are in the top 1%, then TPP is great, because it reduces everyone else to your chattel slaves. If you aren't part of the 1%, well, under TPP it sucks to be you!

Much appreciated

Because it means that if a company and a government get into a trade dispute, the government will not be able to rule against the company, rather a tribunal made of neolibs will rule in favour of the company most likely). Essentially it's further down the road of the capitalist neoliberal consensus where trade is a mere technical issue not a matter of principle and democracy.

So how do you protect against someone stealing a logo or something there? If the fine is $50 bucks why doesn't everyone open up Starbucks coffee shops and pretend to be them?

The other component is the intellectual property right segment of the bill would allow countries to censor portions of the internet at-will with very little due process. The obligations and procedures in the bill will enable mass censorship under the guise of protecting "proprietary information".

ibtimes.com/trans-pacific-partnership-intellectual-property-law-why-internet-freedom-groups-dont-2171936

All of our manufacturing jobs will get outsourced to countries that literally treat workers as slaves and pay them pennies in wages

Why? Does the TPP lower tariffs?

Yes

>TPP Parties agree to eliminate and reduce tariffs and non-tariff barriers on industrial goods, and to eliminate or reduce tariffs and other restrictive policies on agricultural goods.

Undermines National Sovereignty ergo also Democracy

it puts corporations over countries.
its not hard

>why it's a bad thing

taxes are stealing

>how do you protect against someone stealing a logo or something there?

civil court action funded by the plaintiff

just admit workers are treated as slaves here in the US, it's ok to admit it, all the research confirms

do you want to be a globalist slave?

Beyond the fact Free Trade isn't really free between different economies of living standards.

TPP has more about property regulation than it does trading.

because they are transphobic

I actually believe in free trade but it is not being balanced out with governing structures that represent the people.

This creates a dangerous concentration of power that outweighs economic benefits. Lack of accountability to the people results in lack of treaty language that favors workers

We need that badly. Can get sued for anything here.

Egypt wanted to raise the minimum wage a few years ago. They were sued by a MNC for violaton of a trade agreement like TPP requiring them to drop the wages again. It binds our great nation to rules designed by unelected technocrats, and it removes the ability for the voters to have a say.

It is why Europe is so fucked, because individual countries gave up their sovereignty to an international board preventing them from enacting policy to revert ot stem off the crisis. This is at the core of globalism / anti-globalism as sovereignty is the most important thing.

Those free trade bills are pro-American treaties.

The bills will allow American companies to sue the fuck out of foreign countries, companies and people for even looking at them in a weird way. American companies also get to dump their shit on other people's market, despite those markets having (previously) higher standards - i.e. chlorine chickens.

Leveling the playing field - by lowering the standards.

WARNING

Your post seems to contain content relating to cyber-terrorism and cyber-bullying. Continued offenses go against the global unity act of 2027 making you liable to a fine of up to $5000 USD.

Thank you for using Googlenet!

That's one way, and one angle of looking at it - and everything you said is technically true.

But the American people still get the shaft, developing countries and large businesses (mostly american ones, but not exclusively) are the ones who gain here.

Google's been getting more and more totalitarian recently, and I don't like it.

Its only pro american corporations. American workers lose out the most

cnn.com/2015/06/11/politics/trade-deal-secrecy-tpp/

If you need someone to tell you why secret government legislation is bad, then you aren't ready for Cred Forums.

Lots of good posts, but that's the deal breaker for me. If the government has to keep the details ultra sekert, it's not a deal aimed to help people.

Cred Forums and the alt-right are anti-capitalism/anti-free trade. It's one of the things they have in common with the alt-left/SJWs, though for totally different reasons.

Cred Forums types are generally white working class/middle class males whose lives improved the least during the past few decades of globalisation and whose traditional jobs are either becoming obsolete or being undercut by cheaper labour from abroad.

SJWs on the other hand are middle class millennial college student types who haven't quite left their adolescent rebellious phase (though tbf that's true of some alt-right types as well) and are drawn to anti-establishment views - Marxism, feminism etc. The fact they often end up studying useless subjects at university and come out of college utterly unemployable and with a mortgage worth of debt doesn't exactly assuage those "fuck the system" views.

End result: both archetypes end up railing against this kind of shit.

We should also take not on the free trade agreements already in existence

You bigot, it's our responsibility to help out poorer countries.

>Google's been getting more and more totalitarian recently, and I don't like it.

Agreed. They're really fucking bad at following their own motto, which just so happens to be "Don't Be Evil."

Not their motto anymore

Nobody in this thread actually read the TPP, just regurgitating what they saw on r/The_Donald

Forgot to mention, it's now "do the right thing" which seems to allow for an ends-justifying-the-means approach

Sorry, I forgot that it was CURRENT YEAR and that borders don't exist any longer because they're RACIST and XENOPHOBIC and HURTFUL.

I'll check my privilege on the way out.

It gives sweeping authority to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to make unilateral trade agreements with international companies. Also grants said international companies the RIGHT to sue governments if their laws are unforgiving to their ways of doing business.

Sure, this would work greatly in favor of the 1% in the U.S., but it would bode very badly for middle class and the slave wagers in other countries.

Under Trump, this probably wouldn't be all that bad a deal. Under Globalists like, say, everyone else in politics, this would be an abhorrent disaster.

Pic related.

>Nobody in this thread actually read the TPP, just regurgitating what they saw on r/The_Donald

Pretty much.

>Free trade isn't a positive for us when we have the leverage to negotiate favorable deals towards our developed countries.

Why are you making this a 1st world vs 3rd world thing? America's biggest competitor is OECD countries. i.e. Europe.

Pfft... I'm regurgitating Daily Stormer articles.

I read it. But that's because I has the 'tism