Why do so many americans consider themselves to be scottish, irish...

why do so many americans consider themselves to be scottish, irish, italian or whatever when they're clearly just americans?

it's like when sjws are clearly a woman but say they're a man, or vice versa.

Because we're not allowed to be proud of being white

Balkanigger here, I consider myself 100% American.

The only Americans that do this are descended from white ethnics that historically weren't considered equal to WASP. You won't hear a WASP identify as such, they're also the embodiment of what people think when they think of white people being better off than everyone else.

They find out their great grandad was Irish and they're white so they must also be irish.

Basically all US whites are irish/anglo/german mixes. Luckily we don't have much of the eternal Frank here. There are still some genuine ethnic Italian enclaves, but >italians >white

If I took the time to travel across the state to the embassy, I could claim French citizenship because my dad emigrated from France.

>Luckily we don't have much of the eternal Frank here.
Butthurt detected.

Ancestry mate. American means absolutely nothing these days, since it's so ambiguous.

I'm just going off of the shit that quebec causes, I don't care about France

Oh and FYI, if an american tells you he's scotts irish, that's just regular irish, but immigrated before the famines. They adopted the non-existent title to avoid association.

>not understanding racial and cultural identities

they have no history of their own (apart from genocide of native inhabitants) so they have to appropriate some from other nationalities.

not the same. america is where i'm from, so i'm american. but racially i'm a taco-eating wetback.

if an sjw is clearly a woman, then she's a woman. if she says she's a man, then she's just psychotic.

Why are europeans so obsessed this topic?

is a subtle way for normies to show white pride without being shouted down. i hate muh heritards but i cant blame them for respecting their roots

The only natives we genocided were the comanche, and they fucking deserved it. Most natives were WORSE than niggers.

scots irish are people from scottish plantations in ulster you absolutely clueless cunt.

That's what they said, for the most part it wasn't true.

>why do so many americans consider themselves to be scottish, irish, italian or whatever when they're clearly just americans?
Unless you are a member of SAR or DAR you are not American

probably because there's a load of obese retards pretending to be us

No, not really. You guys spam these threads.

yes because we're sick of obese retards saying they're us

i.e. some fat shart drinking a slurpee saying he's scottish - it's an insult to us and it's retarded logic on their part