Is it normal for a mass murderer to be granted bail?

abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-washington-mall-shooting-facing-counts-1st-degree/story?id=42363895&cid=abcn_tco

>The suspect in Friday's deadly mall shooting in Washington state confessed to police in the shooting that left five people dead, according to charging documents. He faces charges on five counts of first-degree murder and is being held on $2 million bond, charging documents show.

>Authorities identified the alleged shooter as Arcan Cetin, 20, of Oak Harbor, Washington. He was arrested Saturday in Oak Harbor after authorities received a tip that linked him to the shooting "as a person of interest," the Skagit County Department of Emergency Management said.

>Cetin apparently had a falling out with his father prior to the shooting, the arrest warrant declaration in the case shows. His mother helped to identify him from surveillance camera images released by police.

Other urls found in this thread:

myfox8.com/2015/12/22/mickey-snows-family-puts-up-21-million-so-he-can-be-free-while-he-faces-sex-related-charges/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so a rich guy can massacre teenage girls publicly and then pay his way out afterwards? I'm aware that the bail has terms, but isnt that a nice way to make a run for it if you could

>i dont understand the purpose of bail

To allow mass murdering turks back out into society, while they await life in prison.

He is a muslim, it would be racist to not let him out on bail.

It would be racist to stop him if he decides to run off to some third world shithole too

Quints of truth

Quints

Confirmed

Here is a picture of the shooter enjoying a burrito, hes the one with his eyes closed.

>Be American
>Kill 100 people
>Have a millionaire pay for your release
>Kill another 100 people
>Rinse and repeat

Here is the shooter enjoying a burrito, forgot pic, he has his eyes closed , what did he mean by this?

Its because raising 5 million to pay judges and lawyers is worth letting a murderer escape.

Shoot in Mall
Shart in Mart

Yes, he was granted bail. However, he has to come up with 10% of it ($200,000) in cash money, and find a bail bondsman that is brave enough or stupid enough to guarantee the rest of it. Not even a Wall Street banker would make this bet. He's going to stay in jail.

I could put a second on my house and have that in a couple of hours.

No bondsman would ever take a bail that high, they cap out at about 200k full bail

>

If it's an unfair debate it helps Trump regardless.

Quite true. On the one hand, there is probably some legality that requires that bail is set for this guy. (I am surprised. I would have thought that this dude would be held without bail). On the other hand, they set it high enough that he would have to be a Wall Street banker to come up with the full 2 mil.

Zim Zam was out on bail before his murder trial.

Still, no bondsmen will loan him the money so he'd better have 2 mill laying around.

Different bondsmen have different limits and some states even have limitations on bond.

Standard rate is 10-15% but it is often paid in installments.

I have seen much higher bonds than this guy be posted by firms, and they often required the defendant be placed on electronic monitoring. I work with pretrial services and have seen child predators released on ~20 million bond, and he had both a state, fed, and private tracking device on his person.

myfox8.com/2015/12/22/mickey-snows-family-puts-up-21-million-so-he-can-be-free-while-he-faces-sex-related-charges/

Additionally remember that bonds are not and cannot be punitive. They are only intended to ensure compliance.

Of course, many are set too high to be reached and may stay there or be lowered at a bond hearing. Regardless he will get pretrial credit if found guilty.

>2 million
In many states it starts out for 1 million per murder charge if given any.
Judge for some reason must think this guy isn't a danger to anyone despite murdering people in cold blood on camera.

Or leverage something worth that much against it like his house.

Doesn't being held on $2 million bond mean he's in jail until someone pays that bond?

Yes.

Either they put up the full amount. or pay 10 to 15% to a bail bondsman to loan them the full amount in the form of bail.

I legit don't

I'd really like an answer to this. If someone was suspected of killing multiple people in the UK and charged, they stay locked up.
I can't think of an example where they've been let out before the trial

If he had the means and money to flee they attorney could have argued and be granted no bail.