Evidence of water vapor plumes on Europa found

>Astronomers using NASA's Hubble Space Telescope have imaged what may be water vapor plumes erupting off the surface of Jupiter's moon Europa. This finding bolsters other Hubble observations suggesting the icy moon erupts with high altitude water vapor plumes.

nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-s-hubble-spots-possible-water-plumes-erupting-on-jupiters-moon-europa

youtube.com/watch?v=38EDhpxzn2g

Other urls found in this thread:

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modèle_cosmologique_bi-métrique
idlewords.com/2005/08/a_rocket_to_nowhere.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrobiology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenobiology
stopthecrime.net/docs/nasa-thefutureof-war.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who gives a shit?

Future white utopia

Somebody does

this confirms the presence of liquid water there

so there might be aliens swimming there

I feel like this is really old news.

Allow me to reiterate

Who gives a shit?

WE KNEW THIS ALREADY
THEY SAID EUROPA HAD WATER-ICE ALREADY

FIND SOME COOL SHIT NASA OR FUCK OFF

Also this guy

certainly not you, you filthy google

now, get out of here and go get your EBT

People with at least half a brain.

>high altitude water vapor plumes
that would be beautiful to watch
dem ayylamaos be raics

It was a theory. Now there's evidence to support that theory.

theres available geothermal energy on europa

and the liquid water was not confirmed before

AAAAAAYYYYYYYY

In murica terms it means it's ripe for regime change as there's a shit tonne of water there

Better go liberate it now before the water wars

We've got legitimate problems here on earth we need to work out first. A puddle of water on some planet a million light years away is literally the least of my concerns.

>water-ice 99.999999% confirmed
>lol now we can say even though we already confirmed it

This is great news.

It means we won't need to send an expensive-as-fuck probe to drill below the ice to confirm the existence of life. We can just have it fly through the vapor and collect some for scanning.

Well that's cool. Humans need energy and water.

>europa
>planet
>a million light years away
>puddle of water

Just kill yourself already

Aliens vaping

This is clear sign that Trump will win. Europa is the home of Kek.

>what will alien water taste like

oogaa booga

Scientists, philosophers, the inquisitive, anyone who isn't an edgy nihilist.

pee pee poo poo

Like water, since it's water.

Most people, go and be any edgy spastic somewhere else.

I'm a nihilist and I care.

Cool. Now we can focus on stopping poverty and widespread death and violence on Earth.

Oh wait, Planet C6ERT2Y looks like it has an ozone layer...

You've got one life you stupid faggot why spend it roleplaying as a knight for someone else when you can spend it studying things that interest you. The world is never, EVER going to be short of problems.

>anyone who isn't an edgy nihilist.
Then you're not edgy, congrats

>imaged what may be

Yeah nah, its the quarterly "we're still relevant" NASA cry for attention

>NASA finds plume of water in europa
>they think its a geyser
>turns out it was just the aliens nuking each other

AYY

Jobs bring people out of poverty, the space programs around the world give tens of thousands of people jobs.

Seems like they are fighting poverty whilst attempting to answer questions about life that have existed for as long as people could think.

>where did we come from

ThisRight here you fucking idiot.

It was named Europa got a reason.

Can't wait for the day FTL travel is finally here so I can slap an alien, look at him in the eyes and say
"look at me, I'm the extraterrestrial now"

Well, it would be oil instead of water, you would care.

>stopping death
you must be at least 18 to post here

Only thing I give a shit is that there indeed might be life 'out there'. Even in our own solar system.

It's not like a human's ever actually going to step outside of the asteroid belt, though.

A E S T H E T I C

>mfw my mother in law told me space exploration was pointless when we could use the tax dollars to help the needy
>mfw she's been married since she was 17, never had a job or paid taxes

Space exploration is fucking awesome.

>Current year
>Not wanting to live on a bomb ass moon called Europa , no darkies allowed

THICC

anyone with a modicum of curiosity, which clearly doesn't include you since you're a willfully ignorant hick. Off yourself.

Hasnt this been known for years? I remember watching science channel shows talkong about these plumes

go build the wall fag

>born too early to jerk off on a different planet than this chimp paradise

You're probably confusing this with the plumes seen from Saturns moon Enceladus by the Cassini probe.

ebin

This.

Everybody already knows there's liquid water geysers on Europa anyways.

you must be joking...

>A puddle of water on some planet a million light years away

It's in our solar system, you retard.

NASA is a front for black ops financing and money laundering; their "research" is a hoax.

>welfare nigger lacks the intelligence to appreciate scientific discoveries

see:

Then I guess you could have said "edgy whatever" instead of nihilist

If no scientific investment happens more gibs for him.

fpbp

I suppose so, nihilism seemed to best fit the thought pattern he exhibited though.

Probably has different minerals in it and stuff that could affect taste.

>russian federation

That's Enceladus you braindead trog

Potentially, a quick check of reports from JPL and NASA show that they found clay like deposits on Europa.

Probably tastes off then

What the fuck is humanity coming to...

>an agency that gets 0.5% of the budget is a front for black ops and money laundering
>not the military that gets 54% of the budget and has loads of actual black projects

I doubt it's water vapor. Wouldn't it be more like liquid methane or some other gas that gas to get really cold to become liquid?

Europa wins again

Well done, you played yourself.

"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS—EXCEPT EUROPA
ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE".

I disagree but I don't care to discuss this further cuz I'm a nihilist *tip fedora*

>muh space elevators
>Mars by 2016
I bet you fell for MarsOne as well.

Europa is warmed by tidal forces from Jupiter.

lol, tell me how's Portugal at the moment?

I have a house near monte gordo.

Any happenings in the algarve?

>No way to travel to distant planets
>Can't go faster than the speed of light
>Can't create artificial gravity
>Being in space for that long can fuck up your body and kill you
>No safe way to transport a shit ton of people into space
We are cucked to this earth and there is nothing you can do. Also I love how they keep trying to make space relevant but no one gives a shit and forgets all about it
>Woah check out these planets that we found cool huh?
>Woah check out this "ALIEN" bacteria we found on a meteor
>Woah we are sending these people to Mars!
>Woah our Universe is big!
>Hey we found some water on mars we think??
>Hey we found some more water on another planet thats even farther?
Millions and millions wasted on something we will never achieve.

No he is not. But i get his point.

Probably just aliens smoking weed. Nothing to get worked up over.

How does that work?

>so I can slap an alien, look at him in the eyes and say
>"look at me, I'm the extraterrestrial now"

They launder money and finance the darkest, most disgusting false flag operations. The ones the normies would fucking revolt if they had any idea these were false flags, so even the military doesn't want anything to do with them. 0.5% is still a shitton of money.

We can learn a lot about out own planet by exploring others. Also, we don't have to go faster than light in order to travel to other stars. If we can make a ship travel close to the speed of light, the people on board will experience time differently and their trip will be much shorter than we on Earth would see.

FPBP

NASA and any sort of space exploration is a waste of money and resources.

if we can make a ship travel close to the speed of light
We can't

Friction. Jupiter's giving Europa a gravitational arse-raping all day every day. If it was more solid amd rocky under the surface, the effect wouldn't be so severe. Instead the moon is like a squishy M&M in your back pocket.

Oh hey, A shitposter. What a surprise.

What else should we be spending that money on, friend? Poor niggers to shit out more babies?

Does the surface protect the underground ocean from Jupiter's insane radiation levels? Could there be life as we know it (H2O based - like have H2O as the main whatchacallit, been a while since biology class, you know what I mean).

I've been saying this for years.

Tidal bulging creates friction, and thus heat.

The moon has a similar effect on the Earth, which is why ocean tides exist. The effect is amplified on Europa due to Jupiter's massive gravitational forces.

>american "education"

From one of the photo footnotes - Hubble "detected spectroscopic signatures of water vapor in 2012". Plumes were theorised at that time, but now it looks like we have pretty definitive direct imaging of them so we can have some confidence that's where the water is coming from.
>Only old Cred Forums kids will remember this meme

ayylmao's said "fuck off we're full" before any Australian intellectual

I don't know any facts about that but I wouldn't imagine radiation was too much of an issue after a certain depth. Even water blocks out radiation pretty instantly, It's why we're able to look straight down at the radioactive cores of power plants through the pool of coolant water, and why some people say the best thing to do for a mission to Mars would be to have water tanks literally wrap around the habitat of whatever vehicle they ride in to protect the crew from cosmic and solar radiation (although obviously that's nothing like being next to Jupiter).

>leaf
>leaf
L
A
E
F

> tfw working on a system that will eventually land a Rover on Europa.

Feelsgoodman

> Jean-Pierre Petit
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modèle_cosmologique_bi-métrique

TL;DR : we can travel faster than light. You'll see.

Hahaha holy fucking shit
Kek/10

Gotta upboat dis comment mang

You do realize we're not ignoring those problems if we invest in space exploration, right? NASA funding only takes up 0.5% of the Federal Budget, retard.

>More water than is present on earth
>A puddle

Wew lad. Unmanned space missions that sometimes discover amazing things are INCREDIBLY CHEAP versus the US budget as a whole, as a taxpayer you don't even notice it, so why not? It would just be embezzled by military contractors and/or sent to Israel as aid otherwise.

Nobody cares.

We should be trying to fix all of earth's problems first.

We need to feed, clothe, and house 8 billion human beings before we even think about space.

God intended for humanity to stay on Earth.

I don't understand it so therefore we shouldn't pursue it.

Keep an eye on those unit systems

I like how the pseuds are freaking out because of the lack of care. It's fine to have curiosity about it but it's another to be condescending about it.

We need to stop feeding people for free, earn your food or die. That solves around 2-3 billion problems right there.

Especially interesting when you consider we spend more money on dog treats each year as a nation than we budget to NASA
Just the treats. Not food and toys

>we should only focus on one problem at a time

no

For starters, biologists.

Kill yourself, kike. Space is humanity's only future. We need to invest tech and research into space travel before Earth becomes so fucked we cant do it

learn to fucking read a post before you reply

the last line indicates sarcasm

the use of >

is an indicator for sarcasm on this site you fucking newfag

Nobody cares.

We should be trying to fix all of earth's problems first.

We need to feed, clothe, and house 8 billion human beings before we even think about space.

God intended for humanity to stay on Earth.

>I don't understand it so therefore we shouldn't pursue it.

>Muh poverty and real world issues

Only niggers and shitskins don't care about Space Exploration.

NASA's budget is less than 0.5% of the total federal budget and you throw a hissy fit? It's not like "earth's problems" are ignored because of what NASA does. Fuck off idiot go jerk off on your holy book.

Also 3 is the magic number, gtfo.

I'm all for enough science funding (not unlimited of course but still with responsibility) that can help not just us get an edge but humanity too in some way.

>whitey on the moon

>t. low iq moron

move to africa with your fellow niggers, pleb

What do you mean by unit systems?

Only a russian could be literally this retarded.

>alien water
They've been fucking in it, too.

but moon landing is one of the most popular conspiracies in the united states. its been and gets disgusted even on television and the radio, of course those discussions normally to not go in too deep for obvious reasons.

i just dont get how so many people could be in on it and have it not blow

If this does indicate alien life we have to act fast and destroy these cunts, It's a dog eat dog solar system.

whatever happened to space elevator
this kind of thread makes me miss him/her

Nothing cures poverty like high-technology aerospace engineering and manufacturing jobs.

>we're a minority, extraterrestrials need to check their alien privilege

And there's always going to be something called "poverty" comparable to the middle and upper classes
Well as long as those exist

A person living in poverty now is better off in basically every conceivable way than a middle class person of 100 years ago

Most of those who worked on it probably believe the moon landing was real to this very day. Those who know don't say shit because they got paid well, because they got screened beforehand and because they know that the least consequence of talking would be their careers getting utterly destroyed and people wouldn't believe them anyways.

What would be the implications of finding some kind of organic life there? It seems like if life develops there, then life must be extremely common throughout the universe. Everywhere you look on Earth you find living creatures, but currently it looks like the really hard (low probability) part is for life to start developing in the first place. But if it shows up on that moon, then maybe we have to rethink what kind of variables give rise to life.

>muh jobs
There is no need to justify space exploration. People who cannot see the value in exploration for its own sake can fuck off. 1000 years from now, will they ask: "but how many niggers did Earth keep alive?" or will they ask "what kind of amazing things did you discover in the universe?"

Except most of them have already died or in are very near death due to old age now.

Surely, at least a couple out of the thousands that it would take to engage in such a conspiracy would not give a fuck anymore (being near death) and give a deathbed confession, right?

I can't believe Ruskies are still this BTFO.

I love the idea of there being other planets with varying characteristics, each unique.. they are only waiting to be explored and experienced right now, yet here we are on this planet with no real objective other than to better ourselves, but will that really happen before we destroy ourselves first? Can we get over our problems or are we naturally destructive?

the answer is space exploration and becoming multi-planetary/inter-galactic astronauts, a purpose for humanity.

>Wasting money on niggers

Fuck off

>God intended for humanity to stay on Earth.

What a waste of a quads. If God intended that, he intends for humanity to perish.

How the fuck did water get on europa?

We should. It's our territory, after all.

That is literally the bottom of an old frying pan. You atheist retards will believe anything

Ok so Earth, Europa and Enceladus all have water on them

What other parts of the solar system did we name with an E? because it's clearly passed down knowledge of watery places

waste of quads

By your logic, Columbus shouldn't have explored the oceans, because his homeland has issues too.
There was no point in going to the moon, yeah yeah space race, but even that was illogical by your logic. We went to the moon because we COULD. We can go to mars now, but people like you are so afraid of the costs and all other shit, but at the end of the day, when humanity looks back on it's achievements, we'll regret not going as far as science and engineering could take us.

>No way to travel to distant planets
What we have now works it's just incredibly slow

>Can't go faster than the speed of light
Don't need to for something in the solar system

>Can't create artificial gravity
Centrifuges

>Being in space for that long can fuck up your body and kill you
Centrifuges again, and radiation proof chambers.

>No safe way to transport a shit ton of people into space
Space elevators

>Photoshopped circles made by some NASA geek in his mum's basement
>Evidence

Pick one.

>What we have now works it's just incredibly slow
Yeah thats point. Its super fucking slow and no way to have enough food/water and safe living conditions to make it to any other planet
>Don't need to for something in the solar system
If we can't travel faster than light or at the speed of light we can't make it to shit within a humans life time
>Centrifuges
Lmao spend the next 50 years in a spaceship pinned on your back

>Surely, at least a couple out of the thousands that it would take to engage in such a conspiracy would not give a fuck anymore (being near death) and give a deathbed confession, right?
Several dozen knew, others just did their jobs and didn't have a single fucking clue.

My grandma on my father's side died at the age of 93. Could've been 83 or 103. People like to live and wouldn't want to bring that heart attack closer. Besides, none of them probably have documents, and without documents none would believe them, none would even bother to air them. They'd end up like that terminally ill old guy telling about aliens on JewTube to a bunch of tinfoilhats nobody takes seriously.

>le everything is fake goy

Columbus explored for wealth and fame, not for a love of science. Once space exploration becomes profitable then you'll see more exploration and exploitation of space.

who gives a shit?

Nigger my 80 year old grandma worked on the various space programs. She has binders, books, and tons of photos in regards to her work at the time.

Pretty shameful that a russian can't appreciate the very real contributions to the space pursuit, seeing as how our two countries have been the pioneers in the field since the beginning.

>Once space exploration becomes profitable then you'll see more exploration and exploitation of space.
What about asteroid/planet mining?
The point I want to try to make is, we can't be caught up in petty arguments on this one planet, we should always be looking ahead to what the future holds for us.

>Yeah thats point. Its super fucking slow and no way to have enough food/water and safe living conditions to make it to any other planet
It's enough to travel the solar system

>If we can't travel faster than light or at the speed of light we can't make it to shit within a humans life time
You're kidding right? Anything that matters in the solar system doesn't take that long
Venus:3 months travel
Mars:150-300 days
Jupiter (and by extension Europa: 1.9 years

>Lmao spend the next 50 years in a spaceship pinned on your back
Yeah because they'll obviously make them that powerful

Well it is. Even NASA admit it.

Reiterate that just one more time.

See the gorilla face? At the bottom just in from the left edge.

> 2010

Underrated flick.

Oh my god I just had a horrible thought .... when we find aliens they are going to be nigger/shitskin tier and be more people to depend on ol whitey

>Venus 3 months
>Mars 300 days
>Europa 1.9 years
>Beliving a Centrifuge will work in space when they work on earth because of gravity
What a fucking retard don't even reply to me anymore. Enjoy looking forwards to a reality that will never happen. You'll be dead and your kids that you will never have will also never experience space travle.

>NASA is a front for black ops financing and money laundering

You know that the CIA has a black budget, right?

Is that the one that heats up to melt through the ice?

No. That's not how that works, you're retarded.

>haha they use photoshop to adjust contrast and colors, that means everything is completely photoshop generated and painted and fake, not a real photo with adjustments

Fuck off.

>YFW the human species will be "the new Europans"

K so tell me which parts are the real parts and which parts are the fake parts, spacefag.

Stay on Earth and never advance like the nigger you fucking are. You're choice bro.

FINE

YOU GOT YOURSELF IN SPACE
NO WHATS THE NEXT STEP OF YOUR MASTERPLAN?

>CIA has a black budge
They're on welfare?

>tfw you will never colonise the sweet icy surface of Europa and go ice fishing with Neil Degrasse Tyson

The same reality where we built a machine that moves people faster than riding horses?

The same reality where we built a machine that could fly people across great distances like birds?

The same reality where we looked up in the sky, at our moon, and placed men on it?

People like you have always said, "It's impossible, you're stupid for thinking that will work!" We've been presented the impossible before, and do you know what we did?

We MADE it possible.

>Not understanding that everything has its limits
Lmao dude we invented the wheel
WE CAN DO ANYTHING

Absolute fucking retarded

>8 billion human beings
>human beings
Kek, since when are niggers, spics and curries human? We need to stop all african charity immediately. This will solve overpopulation in mere weeks.

Guys this guy says we are at the limits now, everybody stop trying to advance anything

>We invented a space shuttle that can take us to the moon
>Using it to take us slightly further? now that's just far-fetched! Get your head out of the clouds dummy!

How is this even news? Literally every tv science show about space talks about water on this fucking moon. This isn't a shocking discovery and it doesn't mean theres anything alive out there.

Say what you want about the tenets of national socialism dude, at least it's an ethos.

>WE NEED MO GIBSMEDATS N SHIET NOT SOME SPACE BOOSHIET GNOMEWHATIMSAYIN?

They used to do some real shit (although the moon landing was an obvious fake). They don't anymore, it's mostly CG and Hollywood now. Much cheaper that way, and the money can go somewhere else.

moon mission

>We need to feed, clothe, and house 8 billion human beings
No we don't.

It's news because they have possible proof of water plumes. Meaning it is much easier to get a reading of the water than having to send a probe with a drill.

I'm sorry for your father, and for your children. They do not deserve to have such a shit, retarded influence in their lives.
Hang yourself, you fucking retarded bitch.

>crying
>p-please let's just help the niggers not expand our species into space

Fuck off you filthy spic

Why can't we just combine the funds?

I agree. This money belongs to Jamal and his 7 children.

only if we using it to send them to space

Limits are defined by not how far you can go, but by the people who try to stop you.

The shuttle is extremely dangerous compared tobeverybother space craft

I don't think you realize how nigger rigged space craft are

The lunar lander is like as thick as 3 sheets of foil

You know nothing about space or space travel and should shut the fuck up for your own benefit.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>tfw they just pretend it's habitable and send the niggers, Jews and SJWs off on a one way trip

Glorious.

Ok, so if they find life , it would confirm the universe is filled with them, my question is, can they take life from other planets, try to make medicine out of them or something? Any fucking breakthroughs? Im sure this universe is filled with so many species of animals and plants that the answer is in there somewher.e

>a million light years away
if it wasn't for your flag, then I would have assumed you were trolling

Space shuttle couldn't go that far

The shuttle was dangerous as a direct result of all the design compromises forced by the CIA so they could potentially fly it from Vandenberg and use it to capture Soviet satellites. It was never actually used that way, so NASA ended up with a ruined design for no reason.

idlewords.com/2005/08/a_rocket_to_nowhere.htm

dont mix your M with ft like that mars mission a few years ago.

That's literally an entire field of science, or two depending on how you define it :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrobiology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenobiology

We think it's fairly likely extraterrestrial life would be based on *some form* of RNA or DNA (there are different coding patterns possible than those we use) because we have seen amino acids and other fairly complex organic molecules in space. Beyond that who knows, but we shouldn't expect drop-in compatibility with utterly alien species that we haven't spent millions of years evolving alongside.

Nignog

Caucasians.

>drill into europa's ice
>discover a somewhat advanced civilization of fishmen with roughly 1700s-1800s technology
>make peaceful contact
>they react with hostility
>destroy our initial teams of mostly scientists and diplomats
>we respond with military force of our own
>by the time our military arrives the fishmen have started to reverse engineer the tech from our first expedition
>catches our military by surprise, who take more losses than anticipated and are unable to completely steamroll the fishmen like they thought they would
>the fishmen figure out spaceflight and start mounting ghetto bombing runs at earth
>on earth there's mass panic, rioting, etc. Cities burn.
>thus the first great intersol war begins in earnest

I fucking wish...

that kind of researches?

stopthecrime.net/docs/nasa-thefutureof-war.pdf

>Who gives a shit?

Liberal detected.

How was it obviously fake? Point out everything about it that you think makes it fake so I can explain to you using science and education (things apparently not common in Russia) why you are wrong.

thanks for giving me the plot of my next sci-fi thriller

it was

E
U
R
O
P
A

Guys what if we got to a world but missed the life by like 20 years? Like everything just dies right before we get there. That would suck.

Someone probably wrote it 40 years ago anyways.

Have you never seen a reflective surface that was rounded? What the hell is half of the stuff in this picture supposed to even be? You think there were Lego Star Wars soldiers up there? You're just trying to bait by posting this shit, fuck off.

I hope that some civilized country gets there before the indians contaminate europa

Earth will die you retarded dipshit, sooner or later. The more we research space the better the chance that we will live to see another home planet

google "The Great Filter" and shut the fuck up

Nigger detected.

>indians poo in Europa
>indians become superpower
>indians poo in Europa

> reflective surface that was rounded
that was weak,
let's try another one

let me help you on this one, it's probably just compression artifacts, right?