Hey Cred Forums I'm taking an online Art Appreciation course for some elective credits and need some help on this...

Hey Cred Forums I'm taking an online Art Appreciation course for some elective credits and need some help on this online quiz. Which of these answers seems the most appropriate?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/80638476/#80638476
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any answer that isn't the last option

is there an actual scenario where the last answer would be chosen and be marked 'Correct'? if so wtf

The right one is more primitive, the left one is quite obviously made by a more advanced civilization.

Aw fuck, c'mon guys, I thought you knew your shit

Right.

You should complain.

The answer is not an argument.
Sue the university for racism.

You knew what they wanted to hear OP, but you gave the right answer for the sake of your post. Thanks for the keks anyway.

what does page 434 say

Well, OP, what does page 434 say?

what a time to be alive
>white men, the enemy of humanity
and we cant even fight back even when we are vilains
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sides have surpassed the CTR satellites

This is wildly infuriating,

Complain.

>Ask which piece is more primitive
>Base it off of culture that created it rather than techniques used to create the bust

fucking wew ladz that seems pretty racist to me.

Your professor is shit, m8.
t. designer with a meme art degree

In what world is 'the question is racist' an answer to the question?

Such an 'answer' sidelines answering the question to make a remark about the question

yikes

What the hell man? Is it an inside joke? I feel like we're missing some context.

Right. It's more symbolic then represenative

I actually took the course during the Summer and I don't have the book on me anymore. Basically what the page said was that Europeans saw African art as "lesser" and were therefore racist for writing off its quality. However, the piece on the left is actually made of bronze, and the book states that Europeans were very impressed by the quality and didn't believe it was African

What makes this even more infuriating is [spoiler]I'm an Art History major[/spoiler] and by "primitive" I thought the question was asking which piece was made using a simpler medium. The piece on the right is an ivory carving, which was being done WELL before lost-wax bronze casting was invented in Mesopotamia.

Saw a piece online that was called

>Knife for Breakfast

It was a dinner knife on a plate

You see I would agree with you but he's actually a pretty cool guy who's inspired me to think less about the art on the surface and more about what its context in which it was created says about its society/culture/human nature etc etc. I'm taking two of his Art History courses right now for the Fall semester and expected him to be some numale asshole but he seems like a very intelligent guy, although he does like to think of himself as in touch with the young folk which is kinda irritating at times

Look up Damien Hirst.
He's the modern manifestation of Duchamp.

>tfw you will never shitpost your way through the art world to making millions

Forgot my pic.

Still sounds mediocre honestly. My professors at community college were some of the best professors I've ever met, they delivered everything they knew as impartial and in a similar manner to your professor as they could. One in particular was a blacksmith that taught basic design and art analysis.

>Marcel Duchamp

fuck that talentless hack

fuck the vast majority of artists post WWI

Just answer anything that contains the words
>rayciss
>butifel
>colurfel
>enriched
>patriarchy
>literally Hitler

You should be fine

The question asked about the methods, not the ethnicity of the people who made them. Your teacher is a racist.

Lol. Nigerian here (Yoruba tribe to be exact)
The left is from Ife while the right is from the bunk Kindgom.
Iirc, Ife should be the more primitive one tho, the right was taken away by the Brits during the sacking of Bini Kingdom.
Both are bronze works but I'm trying hard to remember which kingdom came about first.

What I told you... both were made by a white man.

I've seen this thread before.
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/80638476/#80638476

But the one on the right is carved Ivory

Is that a fucking urinal..?

My bad. I checked it up too, was surprised to see it was ivory. The bini kingdom wasn't know much for their ivory works, just as the Ibos weren't know for their metallurgy. Metallurgy was mostly a Yoruba/Bini thingy.

Drinking fountain.

Also here is page 434 that OP's quiz is referring to, taken from his thread months ago courtesy of

We fight back with shitposting. Praise kek.

IS THAT OPTION "the question is racist" !??!?!?!
I knew art school students tend to be SJW fags but this....this is just.....

I remember in middle school my history teacher had us memorize which ancient civilizations were from which regions and they got upset when I put Egypt and Carthage in "Mediterranean" instead of "African" which I left empty. It's shitty that they even had that region along with "Europe" and "Asia" since the Mediterranean's shores are on all three.

so if you construe the question as using the correct definition of primitive you are wrong because it has negative connotations

thats pretty gay

But Egyptian art is more primitive than Roman art, this is not debatable .

Yes. But it's ''found art''. It's called ''Drinking Fountain''.