World Trade Center

Should the former World Trade Center have been rebuilt?
Do americans care for the new complex that's being built in New York at this moment?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=151098
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They should have built two towers in the style of the Freedom Tower.
It's a shame they didn't.

bump

They should have rebuilt exactly as they were as a middle finger to terrorism.

That was apparently what Donald Trump proposed at the time. But only one floor taller. Sadly, it didn't went through.

they were ugly fuckin eyesores, when I lived in new jersey I had to see those gray slabs of shit whenever I looked out the window,

You would never get people to work in buildings that burn for 45 minutes and then collapse.

Should have been rebuilt. Kind of pissed I didn't get to see it.

P.s., is that a guy clinging to a piece of rubble in the lower left of my image?

Yeah and that really nice one with the 4 spires got changed into this FUCKING abomination.

No, it should have been rebuilt in a true American fashion as an Art Deco icon

>trump planned to build the new WTC five years before 9/11

forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=151098

>New Jersey

The noblest prospect which a New Jerseyan ever sees, is the high road that leads him to New York!

Holy shit. That may be a person.

you think the new ones gonna fair much better in the same scenario?

The original prototype design looked more attractive. The One World Trade center is aight.
One World Trade Center < Freedom tower prototype < Original towers

It says right there it'd be built next to the twin towers you dumb faggot.

No, no. They replaced the diamond one (WTC2). The ''four-spires'' one (WTC3) still stands. But the spires are gone if I heard right.

Agree on this. If they didn't want an exact (At least from the exterior) rebuild, they should have done this.
But considering the original was based on Mecca, hence why it was a target, it would seem pretty fucked up to model the new one in the same way. Like building a memorial to Pearl Harbor in the form of a Japanese Shinto gate.
I do think the original towers were beautiful though.

New York should just have anti aircraft missiles permanently stationed at Great piece meadows.

If anything comes within 2 miles of Manhattan you just blow it out of the sky.
I know i'd feel a lot more comfortable working in the city.

I can agree to this. The design isn't bad for the new one but there not being 2 of them is just always going to be a bit of a missing thing.

When you see it you'll shit brix

That post was so bad I looked at the flag to see if you were Canadian.

Yes.

That's it man now I gotta shitpost

I've been there before and after. Currently I think it looked better before. The two towers were so imposing and awe inspiring. Having only one very late building right now can't compare

I farted pretty hard.
No poop though.

The original ones were ugly af. They were only interesting for their height.

The original ones were ugly af. They were only interesting for their height

FUCK the mosque

should have rebuilt the original twin towers except made them 1776 feet

I personally liked how the old towers were an anchor at the lore part of the island … the new one though more flashy oddly has less impact.

I've heard that it will look better when the whole development is done… maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy, but I like the old clunkers better.

Based freedom tower

Based freedom tower

This with the original 4 other towers behind it, would have looked amazing

The freedom tower should be just a wee bit freer .

That's really my only criticism.

>But considering the original was based on Mecca, hence why it was a target
Could someone please elaborate on this?

Yeah, I was really looking forward to the diamond design, but we are getting squares instead now

well at least I'm not a nygger