I just got a job offer at the most powerful organization in the world

I just got a job offer at the most powerful organization in the world.
>ask me anything (im on a vpn)

I saw this thread the other day but didn't click on it.

Where's the job? NY?
What's the job title?

are you an actuary

actuaries dont work at investment banks, they work at insurance companies and shit like that.

market risk analyst, NYC

some why are you VPN'd up my main man?

cybersecurity analyst here

Would you not rather work for yourself rather than slave away making shekels for some filthy fucking Jew?

>actuaries dont work at investment banks
there are actuaries that work at investment banks

what did you guys major in? im thinking about an econ and MIS double.

What kind of educational background do you have? Finance? Econ?

Should I dump my pepe's now?

>analyst at an I Bank
>thinks it's worthy of a thread

Enjoy staying in past midnight doing proofreading

The angry masses will try to kill you

DB

what's the time table?

How long before the global market implodes?

Really? what do they do?

I majored in chemical engineering at a top ranked science/engineering university.

I have literally no finance or econ background, everything i know is from reading the wall street journal and self teaching myself from intro college books on finance. I'd say econ knowledge is totally useless though, just study corporate finance and financial markets.

im in markets, not in ibd so hours shouldnt be too bad.

definitely not MIS thats for damn sure. If you want to go that route then by all means but its boring as all hell compared to actively scanning ports for vulnerabilities and laughing at CSI episodes with hackers.

to be good at security you have to be good at networking, thats where I started. All I have is a degree in IT with a networking track. Can you guess what kind of degree? i'll give you a hint it starts with an "a" i'm coming close to 6 figures and in 2017 im moving to iwakuni to work with the stupid marines and navy out there.

>implying it means shit to work at Goldman when you're not in IB or S&T

You're about as important as a teller at Wells Fargo.

Moving on.

How much janitoring did you have to do to land such a sweet janitor contract?

fkn market hours jobs are GOAT jobs

what do you mean?
DB as in deutsche bank? theyve gone to the shitter kek, its funny coz i got an offer from them but rejected them.

angry masses are a bunch of tards

the global market wont implode anytime soon, but in the medium term to long term I can see the global economy rapidly shrinking if the debt load isnt solved.

im not an entrepreneurial type.

im always on a vpn, cant let the government spy on my shit.

How does it feel to work 110 hours a week for jews who don't give a fuck about you? how does it feel to be giving your life away to something that doesn't benefit humanity at all?

>what do they do?
use statistical analysis to assess and manage risk, same as any actuary

You didn't answer my question: I'll rephrase it to something more serious

Do you ever dream of working for yourself instead of being a cog in some bullshit corporation?

Back office jobs aren't impressive pleb

But if its FO good job OP, but say goodbye to a personal life. I'm trying to get in at an energy boutique bank

Interesting. Are you in it for the money then?

If you don't mind sharing, what was their offer?

What specifically will you be doing?

Can you share a bit about your interview experience?

market risk has been moved to the S&T division. Its of primary importance now and salaries for analysts and associates are exactly the same as for salesmen and traders.

Without my saying so, a trader cannot execute any of his trades.

>im always on a vpn, cant let the government spy on my shit.
If you are really worried about that, you should use Tor in-between you and your VPN.

How do you know you can trust your VPN provider unless they don't know who you are or where you are connecting from?

>using a VPN to a country that requires a pass to access Cred Forums

nice try Edward Chang.
Pic related

working IB at a large corporation sucks these days, PE is the way to go

well make sure you invest in a good, premium VPN, none of that free gutter trash. remember, data you send is vulnerable at rest, not just in transit

That doesn't make any sense.

We don't call those guys actuaries here.

Money is definitely a factor but I just wanted to work in the financial markets with a cool sounding job with a bunch of smart guys.

I haven't received the contract yet but it should be around 80 to 90k usd with a 10 to 20% performance bonus.

My desk will be assessing the amount of risk that the traders are taking on everytime they try to execute a trade. We will make sure they dont fuck it all up like they did in 2007.

I did the interview for the summer internship which was for sales and trading division. Basically a bunch of basic market questions (how would you hedge this blah blah, what would u buy in unstable markets blah blah), character questions and ethics questions (very important now) and questions about your achievements in college (tell me about a time when you did this or that etc).

I have a Cred Forums pass.

What is the signing bonus?

I know that chang

Lets face it why would you use a VPN through china, a country that requires a Cred Forums pass to post?

You could have gone through litewrally anywhere else

my conclusion is youre another chink coming to fuck our housing even more

i heard the floors get pretty. do you really think you can handle it?

I don't know what the cost of living in NY is but 80-90k sounds pretty low... are you going to negotiate at all?

What does risk assessment look like?
Do they expect you to write software?
How long do you have to evaluate risk before a trade goes through?
Is this your first job out of college?

probably 5k

naw im white, i use china because its a cool country to post from.

do you work 70 hours a week? honestly I just want to work 40 with minimal over time in something dealing with money that isn't shitty accounting. also administration?

>china
Enjoy being the fall guy, OP.

Its the basic going rate for new analysts straight out of college. After a few years ill be earning 150k or so.

I dont know all that much about risk assessment yet, i havent even started training yet. We definitely wont be writing software.

And yes this will be my first job straight out of college.

you cant get into PE without starting out at an investment bank.

Where can I get a China VPN? Most providers don't have China. I wanna use Netease without having everything blocked due to copyright.

Interesting...

How do you feel about the role that organizations like GS play in society?
Why did you study chemical engineering if you weren't going to use it professionally?

Curious about this too.

bumping on 8 bc fuck

are you going to front run customers, give counterintel to the press, provide liquidity with hft, help the jew enslave the goy?

People study chemical engineering to go into the oil industry. But while I was studying the oil industry collapsed. So I decided to go into finance instead.

GS's role in society is overstated, they werent the main instigators of the 2008 financial crisis, that was dumbasses like UBS, AIG and Lehmann bros.

>(im on a vpn)

Can I haz 10k UsD?

8)

The German market opens in 10 minutes. Will Deutsche Bank fall this week?

db is a dead man walking.

MIT?

Trying to get into either HBS, SBS, Chicago, or Wharton...

I have no social life because of these goals desu...