Is Global warming/Climate change real or a hoax?

Is Global warming/Climate change real or a hoax?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7139797.stm
xkcd.com/1732/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

YES!

Ask any geologist in the world. We're coming out of an ice age. Manufacturing has almost nothing to do with it.

i'm a polar bear and i eat seals

Its real but its not man made.

It's real, and a big problem, but people are definitely exploiting it for cash money.

rmyk

This. Mankind has added to it but our planet has gone through multiple ice ages to cool off the planet.

climate change is real
anthropomorphic climate change is a hoax

>news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7139797.stm

It's not even a coherent concept, it's 'not even wrong'.

OP is a hoax

It's being used to increase taxes worldwide and create carbon credits, which get traded on Goldman Sachs's cap and trade market.

So it might be real, but it's solution is being twisted by big banks.

Total hoax. Perpetrated by the Chinese to cash in, bigly. This country's going down hill, folks. And crooked Hillary Clinton is all talk, no action.

Published geologist here. The whole "the ice sheets are still reaching equilibrium from the last Ice Age" hypothesis was proven wrong in like the early 70's. Stop reading garbage from Breitbart.com and Fox.

Rates of change are unprecedented compared to the past and it's because of human activity. Get over it.

>pic related temperature follows CO2
Fuck no...
Climate was always changing.
You cannot fight against natural climate change.

Global warming is a scam

Climate change is real but its a natural processes the earth goes through a cycle

Nothing we did or can do will affect it, better or worse

Global warming is a scam to make companies pay more fees, buy products etc

So they out sources to china for example

We in turn make more regulations to compensate the workers or taxes lost.

It's. Pretty simple

FUNFACT: you know what causes global warming? the sun

Yeah it's real but humans aren't the only contributors.

>bigly

First day here?

Yeah and gravity isn't the only contributor to the WTC collapse on 9/11. Great logic.

Being able to exploit a an event doesn't make it any less real.

Fun fact: we are living in a spike now.
Ironic fact: CO2 is the agent delaying sudden drop in temperature.

Climate change is real. Global warming is not used anymore because people caught onto the fact we're not warming anymore

Earth'a overall climate has NEVER been static, ever.

>people are definitely exploiting it for cash money

That's inherent in people though. Any development is exploited for profit..

if anybody else can read a compass, there's a diffrence between north and 'true north' the earth is naturally tilting on it's axis, it's shifted a few degrees in just the last 40+ years, in 100 years the equator will look slightly diffrent

It's something we should be mindful of but not a pressing issue in light of all the carbon emissions race riots bring.

hoax, since the nu-westernites are increasingly atheist or agnostic.

The atheists need to believe in a hell to be controlled or goaded into certain behavior.

Global warming hell = the hell for those who don't believe in God.

Pollution = the new "moral" corruption

Carbon credits, recycling taxes = the new hail Mary or indulgences.

Climate Skeptic = the new atheist, the heretic of the new millennium

Educate yourselves faggots. xkcd.com/1732/

"If you don't behave and do this, you'll end up in a firey hell."

Sound familiar.

People haven't evolved past "religion." People still need it.

Climate change, global warming = filling the niche

>not warming anymore
>Past months and years have been the hottest ever

Wat

It gives an incentive to dramatize the invent though.
So a middle ground is necessary.

Both.

The problem may be real, but it's overblown as to what the likely outcomes are given that the impact is going to be extremely slow. And none of the "solutions" anyone is pushing will do a damned thing.

wut

It doesn't matter if it is real or not. If you're white you should want a slightly colder world where the Thames freezes in the winter. It's the world we conquered. The heat is making us lazy.

*event

its real and people who deny it are the same kind of people who think investigating racial biological differences is racist. They put their ideological delusions above science.

>Total hoax. Perpetrated by the Chinese to cash in, bigly. This country's going down hill, folks. And crooked Hillary Clinton is all talk, no action.

Laughed hard. Thank you

The ozone layer has recovered since CFCs were banned so it's quite evident we do have a major effect on the environment

Yeah its real, its just a natural change.

Scientists are simply theorizing we are still in the ice age and are moving out of it.

So you will get your rise in water levels but its just that its normal and inevitable that it does.

We are in a dalton minimum already.
It will take no more than ten years to cool suddenly, considering the fact that some meteorites and volcanoes will help to achieve lower temperatures.

>Published geologist here.
wtf i love science now

What are the chances that the world is out of/extremely low on oil and coal by 2100?

The climate is always changing, this is nothing new, the planet is still coming out of an ice age. Britain used to have a tropical climate before the ice age hit.

The impact humans have is negligible

>asking this on Cred Forums
Enjoy the opinions of:
Armchair generals
Armchair economists
Armchair climatologists
Armchair PSY-OPS agents

both, global warming is mostly used to tax things, so it is mostly a scam

I don't know, you be the judge: xkcd.com/1732/

Climate change is real - world has been going through a cycle of ice ages its entire history.

Global warming is an environmentalist theory that humans are causing climate change. It's probably a way for them to earn their pay and not grounded in reality to a significant degree.

It depends on the narrative they are pushing. I saw an article about the loss of O2 in the atmosphere yesterday. In that article they openly state that CO2 levels and temperature are regulated by silicate erosion which increases with temperatures, causing the CO2 to be absorbed.

So in that article, the science is 100% in agreement that it is a regulated phenomenon and not an issue.

But if the issue is fossil fuels, well basically the world is gonna end and you are fucking stupid

It's real and you're all anti intellectuslist retards. When the revolution comes you will be the first against the wall

0%

>published geologist
>doesn't link thesis
>doesn't link papers to back up statement

0/10 see me after class

It's real but not going to kill us all. The middle east will continue fueling the world for decades.

I have yet to read of any credible or prominant scientist who is a "climate change denier". There's lots of theories which are concerned with the details and the speed of the change, but never outright denying it or claiming it wasn't bad for the planet.

That said, we know the ecological institutes do exaggerate for their own interests and outright lie sometimes, Fukushima comes to mind how ALL OF TOKYO WOULD HAVE TO BE EVACUATED AND MILLIONS MIGHT DIE. None of which turned out to be true.

On the other hand, big oil and GM are also behind paying millions pushing the agenda to create doubt in the American public, at least so I've read. That's why there is so much denial in the USA and not in Europe.

Goddamn I wish I could kick your sorry ass. Get cancer and die, you cunt.

Sounds like tinfoil, but actually makes sense.

Fuck

hoax

It's a hoax to get factories out of the united states, and into china. In China, there is nothing we can do to stop them.

Once there, it becomes real, and we all die.

Lie, the sun is passing through a winter solar period, and yet 2015 was record hot

It´s irrelevant because polution still causes cancer and many enviromental problems.

I don't understand how people can see the ecological wasteland China is rapidly becoming and still think humans don't affect their environment.

The mechanics for depletion of the ozone are fact, though. You can go look up the exact chemical mechanism that was converting o3 to o2, and aerosol agents in use at the time were acting like a catalyst.

Where are the detailed explanation of the mechanics of climate change?

Exactly.
Predictions are overblown and solutions like corbon credits will do jack shit to the climate but will, in turn, make a lot of jewish people rich

You also have millions of people in your country who believe that the moonlanding was a hoax, the earth is flat and/or 6000 years old.

That's what I think! Why call it global warming? Why not air pollution? Same thing.

The whole presentation is a sham.

i wouldnt say its hoax . but its obvious that the scientific community really is desperate to blow shit out of perportion to force people and goverments to do something about it. it actually reminds me of captain planet and how 90% of it was bullshit . But people were totally okay with it because it was pushing for ecofreindly habits

Are you willing to bet your anus on it?

Human released CFCs weren't negligible towards the ozone layer. Might as well be true when we are talking about green house effect

If it was as significant a threat as they say it is, the problem would've been solved quicker than they could report on it.
The various cabals and special interest wouldn't jeopardize themselves like that, and they have more money than what's in circulation to throw at a problem.

If they said what we're doing now would effect us 100 years no would give a fuck it has to be done this way to give people a sense of urgency

back to where you came from

Because air pollution is a local problem with local solutions. It doesn't get the commie kikes any closer to the one world government that they want.

satan

Real and man made.

Real.
/thread

My thought also.
Even if GW is a hoax. Polution and repiratory illness in big urban environments are not (Mexico City, São Paulo, LA, Beijing).

real

The unfortunate truth of the matter is that no such international cabal exists and we're barreling towards disaster because too many interests are tied up in the status quo of resource exploitation that can't be sorted out or regulated without a ton of people getting fucked over. So now we're just hoping alternative energy becomes economically competitive before proximate effects of climate change damage exceed the damage that would be wrought by effectively curbing it right now.

Very real my dude
And human activity has accelerated it as well
Really sad to see this is a non-issue for many supposedly red pilled people

Climate change is a natural occurrence that man cannot stop.

I do believe the planet will soon become a wasteland, not because of climate change, but because of air pollution, water becoming increasingly contaminated, and wildlife that is important for the ecosystem being driven to the point of extinction.

Prove me wrong, faggots.

I just can't see alternative energy sources being good enough to profitably compete with hydrocarbons. I can't really blame the free market for choosing the most profitable source of energy either.
Nuclear perhaps, but that's been demonized in the US for quite a while.

True.

The fact they failed to fix the problem is proof that there is no (((((secret organization))))) running the world.

It's probably real but as long as the earth lasts another 50 years I don't give a fuck!

it's irrelevant. the question is if you're prepared to go to war with china and then maybe russia to stop it

Nuclear fusion. Why don't you put everything you have in it? If there is anything that could supply you even better than nuclear energy it's fusion energy. And if any country has the ressources to research it, it'd be the US - teamed up with Europe. Would make the West almost independent of Middle Eastern oil. Which means: no more wars for oil aswell.

It exists, every 50.000 years it changes drastically. This is why aborigins were able to cross Asia and shit.
Aside from the natural ice ages and warm ages, we are fucking up the ecosystem with the mass productions and all that shit, it'll obviously take a toll on us in the close future.

Doesn't matter. Why? Couple of basic facts.

1) we know pollution is real and that it is harmful. You can see it with your own eyes if you want.
2) we know GW advocates link man's intervention to pollution. They aren't asking us to cut off a finger, just stop shitting where we eat.
3) doing what they want is slightly (and I mean teeny tiny) more expensive.
4) basic risk/reward says more expensive is not as bad as entire planet dead.

So if we do nothing things are fucked if GW is real. They stay the same if GW is fake. If we change and GW is real we don't die. If we change and it's fake we are slightly less rich buthave a cleaner planet.

You are an inexcusable fuckball if you think AT BEST living in a filthy world is better than living in a clean one just to save some money.

very good post

You have no idea what you're talking about.