Why did Trump pull so many punches? Why didn't he mention Benghazi?

Here's a list of Questions that Hillary did not have to face:

1. The 5 Aides Given Immunity By The FBI Or Her Reckless Secret Server

2. The Multiple False Statements About How Her “Extremely Careless” Actions Endangered Our National Security

3. Her “Basket Of Deplorables” Insult Toward Millions of Americans

4. Clinton Foundation Pay To Play Accusations

5. Her Failures And Lies On The Attacks In Benghazi

6. Her Support For Obamacare

7. Her Deep Support From And Ties To Wall Street

8. Veterans Affairs Scandal She Arrogantly Called “Not Widespread”

9. Her Comments About Wanting To Put The Coal Industry Out Of Work

10. Her Deception And Lack Of Transparency On Her Health

Other urls found in this thread:

fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R42965.pdf
eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.cfm?id=26352
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably because he didn't prepare.

He's still got those bullets in the chamber for future debates.

Saving it for closer to the election

This, Hillary burnt everything she had against him at this debate, while Trump still has tons of ammunition.

many reasons
>busy playing defense against a 2-on-1
>doesn't want to come off as a bully
>doesn't want to blow his wad

The Fox debate is going to be much harder on Clinton.

You can't cover Clinton's entire record in 90 minutes. Benghazi isn't going to come up unless there is a major revelation in the wikileaks dump, it's simply been too politicized to be anything more than a rally cry.

I think trump was pulling punches to come off as more 'Presidential'. The only zinger he cracked was the emails and that was to get heat off of his tax returns. He was still going mile-a-minute high energy, but he had no focus and rambled like a spastic because he wouldn't tear into her. Clinton had troubles appearing vital and human, and she spent the debate smiling and cracking jokes. They both tried to counter the image of them, but Trump cannot pull off a presidential demeanor to save his life.

Presidential demeanor? What's that? Would be funny to see what you guys had thought of JFK if he came back as a sane centrist.

Don't lump me in with them, I wish we had a real cunt leading the country, not sunshine boy. Trump gets slammed in the media for being clownish and loud, and he tried to play it cool, which isn't his strong suit.

Trump choked. He's a choker. He choked in Mexico, and he choked last night.

even for this debate he bragged that he does better if he does not prepare too much, because he is good at speaking off-the-cuff.

maybe he was just tired or something last night. it didn't help to brag about his huge income and not paying taxes and not paying sub-contractors.

he has two more chances. maybe she will catch pneumonia and he will not look as bad.

Trump was told not to go hard on the email issue. Julian Assange will do the dirty work. Trump's hands will be clean. In the end.

thats because your government is pulling massive propaganda on Cred Forums and the like and rigging polls in favor of Trump. your government wants a president that doesnt meddle in international affairs and frees you up to exert international influence. most of Cred Forums is too dumb to see that.

He did fine yesterday. He needed to convince people that he's not the monster the media paints him as. Tossing too many shots at Hillary wouldn't have helped him, but enduring a presidential debate as a non-politician is pretty impressive.

There's plenty of tome to get the rest out there. I wonder if Ill Hill's team has enough to go two more rounds

he's charging up his super saiyan

Lmfao if you don't think getting rid of NAFTA isn't meddling in international affairs.

I'm not sure if he or his organization know what the hell they are doing at this point tbqh. I think he's just winging it.

yeah thats exactly what I just said you fucking idiot learn to read

>Why didn't he mention Benghazi?

Because even the Republicans have released a report saying she isn't at fault?

Why are you guys dwelling on shit that was literally cleared up half a year ago?

1. 3 aides and 2 private employees comrade
2. Answered those questions for 11 hours, not her fault you don't have the attention span for cspan
3. implying thats a hard question, trump represents the worst of america senpai
4. Clinton foundation is a squeeky clean charity if you look up the stats they are publicly available you know my main man
5. Would she have to be asked the same question that she has already answered every time she is in front of the camera?
6. Good, thankfully trump also supports it
7. Wall street doesn't want an orangutan in office big surprise
8. As the head chair of the Veterans affairs commission she does have a lot to answer for desu
9. Good, throw summore softballs at her, I thought you didn't like hillary
10. Try to have some class, you mouth breathing friendo

i can't wait for him to mention us losing on energy again when she can come back with the fact that we have been the leading producer of natural gas since 2011 and petrol products since 2013.

If trump gets called out on not knowing anything about reality he will have a temper tantrum like usual

its cute when being pressed to give details and substantive answers to specific questions is an attack

Trump supporters are so delusional

LITERALLY zero current HRC supporters care about what happened in Benghazi

TRUMP BASTARD SQUASHED A FROG ON HILLSHILL

Of course they did, the Benghazi consulate was a front for dirty shit by our government, of course all the people who call the shots would put aside their partisan bullshit to secure their cushy positions. The military personnel, including the General in command of the base in Italy that was told to stand down three times, has come out and said the entire incident was handled beyond typical incompetence.

Exposing Benghazi anymore brings attention to weapons running, and many of those weapons have have ended up in the hands of "moderate rebels", (ie. ISIS) who are using them in an ongoing conflict. It would be stupid of them to not pull attention away from it.

we must send him our energy

Are you dense? This was the ECONOMY part of the debate. He talked about the ECONOMY. The next debate is SECURITY where all bets are off and Assange will release his October surprise.

Meddling in international affairs and having very modest effect on our economy according to the experts.

Trump showing how little he understands economics by harping on about it

>He's still got those bullets in the chamber for future debates.

Exactly. Perfect strategy.

2 more debates, last one in vegas. think about it

It's an example. Yeah, it's like maybe 120 billion a year, but in addition to China, Japan etc it's still half a trillion a year.

Reading your first sentence I thought you were describing Hillary. Then I saw your posts littering this thread and I realized you were a simple meme-merchant earning $0.05 per post.

Carry on. Feel free to reply to me, I'm sure you could use the money

>Going all out in the first round
But Trudeau, I though you were a boxer?

The third debate matters the least, the only one people watch are the first and second. So if Trump doesnt bring it, hes even more finished than before

He was being persuasive.

And that is yet another example of Democrats hating this country.

fpbp

still winging debates

The answer is quite simple.

He is Hillary plant.

The first 30 minutes was to make their rivalry look genuine. Once he succeeded with that, he spent the last hour making intentional mistakes, taking easy bait and in general being a moron. Hillary's win was planned.

>he has the rating for the future debates already

Pls give me your time machine

I didn't realize Trump was the moderator.

“We've had 6 straight years of job growth,
incomes are increasing at record rate,
income inequality is a problem”
*False (shrinking middle class, job growth is private sector only)

-Question 1 “How are you going to create jobs” (fair)

“How SPECIFICALLY are you going to bring jobs back?” to Trump, direct attack
*Implies that he really has no plan

-Question 3 “Defend your views on taxes” fair

“Why haven’t you released your tax returns?” direct attack on Trump

-Question 5 “How do you heal the racial divide in America” (Democrat Ideology)
*Implies there is a racial divide in America

“Stop and frisk is unconstitutional” direct attack on Trump

“Do you believe police are implicitly biased?” soft attack on Clinton

-Question 6 “You claimed that president Obama wasn’t born in the US” direct attack on Trump

-Question 7 “Who’s behind cyber attacks and how do we fight it?” (Democrat idealogy)
*Democrats widely believe Russia is hacking the DNC and spilling their dirty secrets”

-Question 8 “How would you prevent home grown terror attacks” (Fair)

-Question 9 “You supported the war in iraq so why do you have good judgement?” direct attack on trump
*Incorrect, it was Hillary who suported the war in Iraq
-Question 10 “Do you support first use of nukes?” (fair)

-Question 11 “What did you mean by your comments on her stamina?” direct attack Trump

-Question 12 “How will you deal with the other person winning the election?” dumb question

You dont send all your cavalry in the first charge.

I didn't watch all of it. Did he mention that the head of the FBI that choose not to go after Hillary was a former board member for the Clinton Foundation?

They probably used up all the stem cells they gave her to keep her standing for 90 minutes

half a trillion what? You think trade deals just suck money out of one country and put it in another
read this if you actually want to know what your talking about
fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R42965.pdf

"difficult to precisely measure the effects of
NAFTA. It estimated that NAFTA likely increased annual U.S. GDP, but by a very small
amount probably no more than a few billion dollars, or a few hundredths of a percent."

>If trump gets called out on not knowing anything about reality he will have a temper tantrum like usual

sourceplz
He usually responds with citation, albeit aggressively.

Trump didn't have to respond about Curiel, The Khans, Trump Foundation, so many issues. Both candidates have a shit ton of baggage.

There's so much to talk about, there's no way he could cover everything in 90 minutes. 2 more debates to go

I have been on Cred Forums for years. I know its shocking that liberals have been here the whole time but its true we go to Cred Forums and we go to /r9k/ to laugh at people like you and how pathetic you are

He let Hillary use all her ammo in the first debate. Now Trump has 2 debates and a full mag. Hillary is on the defensive where she doesn't do too well.

It's cute when one candidate is pressed about tax returns that he's not legally obligated to reveal while the other candidate still being investigated for violating oaths of office and breaking federal law is quickly passed over with, "Sorry".

They addressed fuck all during that debate. Not just Hillary, the moderator had no interesting questions for either of them. He just wanted to press Trump nonstop. Hillary won because she's better at beating around the bush.

This is also why they didn't scramble in the 8+ hours the attack took place to save the consulate. Hillary's emails prove she knew since day one it wasn't over a video tape, and that it was a coordinated attack, which means the consulate's activity's were found out. You go in to save it, you involve more people and the chance of exposure increases. You let it burn, evidence is destroyed, and anything that does come out of it that's obtained by the attackers, can easily be passed off as propaganda.

This isn't like arming the Mujaheddin against the Soviets in the 80's, ISIS are know killers, there isn't much there to pass off support of them as "supporting freedom fighters" or any such shit.

did hillary even have a followup question?

*the trump tard

Hillary has so many scandals, it's literally impossible to touch on all of them in 90 minutes.

Frankly, I was surprised he even brought up the super predators line.
I thought he would save that bombshell for the second or third debate.

i can't believe how many ignoramuses there are in Cred Forums and you guys think youre smart

eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.cfm?id=26352

the investigation is over and the issue has been covered to death. Youre just upset it didn't have the effect you hoped so you think hey if they bring it up for the 100th time maybe this time it will end her run

you dont need to press hillary because she actually says what her plans are and has specific information to back it up and doesn't state outright fabrications constantly

This. Comey said she broke federal laws, but there was no "intent", (even though that excuse doesn't fly for the rest of us plebs, because ignorance of the law and intent are no excuse when anyone else breaks a law), so they would not prosecute. That action put Hillary Clinton above the law. How anyone can support her, and this outcome, blows my fucking mind.

>tfw that shoulder shimmy was qt as fuck

There were many, many missed opportunities. Trump wasn't on the ball. Most of what OP listed are personal attacks, which imo should have specifically been kept only for the many times Hillary attacked him. For example, when she said "who do you owe money to? what are your conflicts of interest?" he could have brought up the Clinton Foundation and eg. its Saudi backers. For the most part, Trump should have continued to focus on policy (he was doing well at first with this stuff) and made some sort of "I spent the debate discussing policy, you spent it discussing me" comment at the end. He shouldn't have got mad so easily and when he did, esp. during the temperament part, could have gone with something like "of course I get mad during the campaign trail, seeing what the Obama administration - your administration - has done to this great nation."

His biggest failure imo was during the race part of the debate. He should have
A) made his "law and order helps black people" thing clearer
and
B) noted how Hillary portrays her own candidacy as Obama's 3rd term - and yet race relations are at a historic low, Obama did nothing for black communities, and as Hillary mentioned black people are in a shitty spot still.

This is pretty accurate and tbqh Trump should have capitalized on it. Stayed chill and noted how Hillary's responses are all canned buzzwords shit.

He stressed right up front that he wanted to make her happy this debate when he asked if he could call her 'Madam Secretary'.

This debate was all about putting her at ease and coming across as a reasonable person that can hold back. I knew it as soon as I saw his blue tie.

Trump has something up his sleeve. The man is on another level.

First debate both candidates behave, feel the water then they go at it like sharks

it's like people here are so young they can't remember the last debates held 4, 8 or 12 years ago

Why use all your good jabs right off the bat? Boxing is all about the duck and weave dont let anything land on ya and make it through all 10 rounds! We still got 2 more debates guys chill out and get
> COMFY

There might be a Wikileaks drop anytime between now and November too. Exciting times.

if you can call trump shouting interrupting and rambling like a deranged hobo for the last 30 minutes behaving.
He is an embarrassment to our country

>Asking for a source is a sure sign of stupidity

Really made me think...

I think during the next debates, when Trump gets accused of racism, he needs to point out that he's an equal opportunity employer and was never accurately accused of racism at any time in his life. Of course, he'll never lay that idea completely to rest, and it's something the left will always assert about any Republican candidate. But if he can defeat her on that point on the debate stage, that will damage one of Hillary's main arguments against Trump.

You are a embarrassment to our country you LEAF! Cant fool me with a proxy.

Also probably 51D chess

Did Cred Forums suddenly forget her whole health issue? She fainted/died on camera.

>Why didn't he practice?
>Why did he pull punches?
>Why all the missed opportunities?

Go in cold turkey, see how things go, see post debate polls.

See what you did good at naturally and what needs improvement. Where to attack and where to let go.

It's almost as if he knows what he's doing

False sense of security, no need to bring the big guns.
Hillary however is out of material now.

Listen up you fucking sperglords:

THERE ARE TWO MORE DEBATES. You're acting like you finally got to screw that hot little blue-eyed Aryan blonde and now you're upset that it's taking more than 4 seconds to blow your load. You gotta learn how to FUCK the woman.

Or, to put it Trump's way: stamina matters.

If you can get over your "I want my schandenfreud and I want it now!" bullshit, you can see that last night's performance was a very positive thing.

Things that have not changed:

Hillary is still obviously an ill woman. She got through the debate last night, yes. This does not change the fact that she had several clear medical problems recently on camera, not least of which obviously involved loss of consciousness.

Hillary still obviously has no major, new, untried ideas that she's putting forth. She did nothing last night but rehash decades-old boilerplate. Her strategy is going nowhere, fast. This is exactly the shit that this year's electorate is sick to death of.

Trump's performance definitively maintains his outsider status in this race. He was not polished at all. He was not rehearsed. He was not scripted. THESE ARE ALL GOOD THINGS. They make him seem honest, in that his answers come from his gut and not from some strategy session.

Trump is still Trump. He is successful in business for a reason. He is nimble, as we have seen many times, and he very readily throws away tactics that do not work in favor of new ideas that do. Expect different angles in the coming debates. His style will evolve, just like it did in the Republican primary debates, and very likely his strongest performance will be his last.

1/2

No, it's pretty clear at this point that Clinton is beyond reproach. She can do whatever she wants and get away with it. I think at this point the hope is that Trump bringing it up in the debates will appeal to the non-retarded voters in this country who understand that blatantly breaking the law multiple times in and out of office is a bad thing. Tough concept, I know.

I tuned in for the last 40 minutes and you're just exaggerating.

Exaggeration is what journalists do most of the time and you sound like a dirty journalist right now.

Things that HAVE changed:

They have essentially gotten Trump's tax return issue, his birther issue, and his lawsuit issue out of the way. Again, remember there are two more debates to come. The clearly more-important issues of the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, and the e-mail security disaster are still outstanding. This is an example of the Clinton campaign (and their media allies) blowing their load too early.

Trump has begun to sow a seed of legitimacy to the idea that he might actually perform the duties of the President acceptably well. His answer to the "race" question was at the same time firm and clearly on the high road. His answer to the nuclear question was sober, correct, and presidential. In many ways he seemed much BETTER than Clinton on this question, as again her response was more or less nonsense boilerplate, whereas his was somewhat antiestablishment.

It should be fairly clear that given these two things:

1: Donald Trump did not outright disqualify himself last night (as many thought he might), and instead acted sober and stately during several of the most key portions of the discussion, and;

2: Hillary Clinton did the exact same thing she has always done, which this year is simply a losing strategy;

... Hillary is toast.

So get your asses out there. Shitpost like maniacs. Praise Kek in all His forms.

GO DO WHAT YOU DO BECAUSE YOU ARE THE BEST AT IT, AND BY KEK YOU ARE EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW.

In Kek's Light,
A Brother.

All she has left is mexican judge and khan family which each had over a week of dedicated shilling, anyone who cares, is a hardened democrat anyway

there are three debates? Why waste everything on the first? I am curious how Hillary will fare in the next two since everything under the sun thrown at Trump has been used. Taxes, racism, misogyny, birthirism. What is left?

This
I'm not gonna say anything is certain until the other shoe drops, especially with Trump involved. Man has a a knack for misleading the media/public and then turning it around

>fainted/died
She didn't die. The whole body double thing is to make conspiracy theorists look crazy, after people were proven correct about her health concerns.

She did faint, but it's still the real Hillary Clinton, and we don't want her to die (((yet))). If she gets replaced with Bernie he could actually beat Trump. So ideally, they will keep her in there in spite of her bad health, and regardless of who wins, she will die in a few months.

She will just repeat herself. Trump still has quite a bit to talk about though.

This, Hillary blew her entire load against Trump last night and still has a couple more hours of debating to get through this election. She now either has to repeat herself, which makes her look desperate, or she has to pray Trump has a fresh scandal before the next debate.
Meanwhile, Trump still has 40 years of skeletons to pull out of Hillary closet.

Because somehow social/political opinion has swayed so far to the left that there is no questioning the candidate they give you, because the (((agenda))) will be pushed no matter who it is.