Hey Cred Forums, what's your opinion on Reagan? I know nothing about him...

Hey Cred Forums, what's your opinion on Reagan? I know nothing about him, I just know republicans think he is the second coming of Christ and Democrats think he is satan incarnate. What were his accomplishments? Did trickle down even work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mN3z3eSVG7A
youtube.com/watch?v=tpH5L8zCtSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was a very good president.
I don't know where you read it that democrats hate him because what I know is quite the opposite. The main reason he was elected is that he managed to convince democrats by uniting the American people under conservative principles.
Very family values man. 2nd ammendment and gun enthusiast.
He would tell jokes on international meetings and they were funny.
youtube.com/watch?v=mN3z3eSVG7A
Greatest jobs president. Generated the most easily.
Close in with the Soviet Union and made agreements with the Gorbachev that made the USSR weaken itself.
There's a lot more to it but that's the basic idea.

A very lucky figurehead. His administration was crooked as fuck (see iran contra scandal).

Basically he happened to get elected as the soviet system was already imploding and the economy was starting to recover from the oil shock. He then talked a bunch of tough to make it look like it was his doing.

Lasting effects of his administration are the war on drugs, decreased commercial regulations, and huge expansion of corporate welfare for "job creators"

Pretty good President, very patriotic. His main flaw was that he had George HW as his VP and the influence that came with that. He was well-loved, as can be seen by his landslide victory. He has been demonized in modern liberal (((press))) because he was very nationalistic, and that's not kosher these days. He single-handedly won the Cold War and put the nail in the Soviet Union's coffin. You can imagine why the marxists hat him so much.

>Did trickle down even work?
Also, yes. The growth of silicon valley would've never happened without Reganomics. Notice how Bill Clinton takes all of the credit for the tech/dotcom boom of the 90's.

>iran contra scandal
tell what Iran Contra was right now, without looking it up.
>protip: you can't

>iran contra scandal

That's was nothing. Hillary and Obama did that 5 times over with the Iran deal, giving Mexican cartels free guns in Operation Fast and Furious, and giving radical Muslims free guns in Libya and Syria, because Gaddafi and Assad opposed the IMF.

80% of South America would be communist today if we didn't do shit about it.

>What were his accomplishments?
He made Democrats think he was Satan meaning he probably saved the country or something.

he fucked California forever and ever and I hate him for that

user - That was a long time ago in a land far away. Before Internet - BI.

Is "corporate welfare" code for not taxing them to death like the idiots on Europe?

he won the Cold War and pushed the America-hating leftist traitors to the margins

youtube.com/watch?v=tpH5L8zCtSk

>His main flaw was that he had George HW as his VP

This. Also, Reagan and Bush pushed more for globalism and NAFTA, which eventually got picked-up by the Democrats today, ironically. I guess even """"""leftists""""""" love those international banker shekels in exchange for being a good goy.

Reagan's nationalism was great, but he could have done without the intense globalist-minded capitalism. Pat Buchanan was basically the anti-Reagan. He was nationalist and socially-conservative, but opposed to globalism. He ran against George H.W. in 1992, but lost the primaries, sadly. Trump is basically the modern Buchanan.

A meme president. Worshipped because the soviets were getting cucked by themselves at time

He ruined the fucking economy and gave all the money to the Jews, allowing them to gain power through wealth.

Sold faulty spare parts to Iranians and used proceeds to fund the Nicoragowan Contras against communist Daniel Otega's regime. The demoncrats actually passed a law making it illegal to fund the contras.

Obama gets away with this shit morning noon and night of every day but back then it was a big deal. The funny thing, not so funny, is the sons and daughters who hated Reagen for this are the same peeps who give Obama a pass with all the countries he has destroyed.

Irony indeed.

you're describing Bill Clinton lmao

OP here. I'm aware of that, true. I actually greatly admire Pat Buchanan which is why I love Trump so much, very paleoconservative nationalist in nature.

In that same vein I want to know more about Reagan because I like his policies in theory but I've heard he was weak on immigration and wrecked the economy but that could be false/liberal embellishment, I like the idea of trickle down and cutting taxes, and I think Trump helps spur the actual act of trickling down because he adds incentive to stay in the US and punishments for leaving, which I don't think Reagan did to my knowledge.

Of course I also view the era with rose colored glasses, I mean how could you not? The music, the movies (rocky, predator, etc), the patriotic spirit, everyone hated pinko commie scum, it was amazing.

Too complex to go way in depth but some highlights:
Reaganomics worked...if you were middle class or above. My family did reaally really well. Poor families still haven't recovered. And no it had nothing to do with laziness.
He flat out committed treason. It's been proven and admitted that he manipulated the Iran hostage crisis so Carter would lose and the Contra scandal is the most blatant misuse of power and betrayal of public trust since Burr.
He fostered a feeling of pride and hope America hadn't seen since the 50s and it carried us until 9/11.
His tax policies were shrewd and beautiful, and if he'd spread more of the weight to the rich we'd have been balanced in 1986.
He let the ball drop on drugs. Use exploded under his terms and response was meager at best. That he made it a focal point is a joke.
He didn't take down the USSR but he outsmarted the hawks out to get Gorbechev. We increased military spending and even better we made it look even more bloated than it was. This forced the Russians to do the same to keep parity and it took their weak economy and wrecked it like a prom night pair of panties. This sped up their inevitable crumble by 10-20 years.

So was he good? Yeah. Was he bad? Yeah. Anyone pretending he was only one is stupid. Every president is both and his highs are matched by his lows.

I agree, but why does it seem that common consensus is he did bad for the economy when he increased private growth/investment and help spur all these industries? Liberal bitching or what?

And in 1986 he created a law called the something something firearms act I can't be fucked to look it up now. Anyway, long story short, you used to have to do some bullshit before buying ammo, but now you can just buy it however. Unfortunately, some liberal fuck put a rider in to ban machine guns.

I love Reagen as a figure head, one of the best presidents we've had in the dilbertman persuasion department, very patriotic and friendly. That said his anti-commie stance was the best, put limp wrist marxist hippies in their place. I would support him ironically just piss off liberal millennials.

Reagan did in fact cause an economic boom in the US. Leftists were just upset because he didn't give niggers and other trash more gibsmedats to go along with it.

The problem was that he also caused the US to be more reliant on foreigners, due to immigration increases and outsourcing. This was part of Reagan's ideology called "The Shining City on a Hill" - where the US was basically supposed to be a father figure to the rest of the world, and teach them how to be good capitalists at our own expense. However, I guess it was partly-unavoidable, since the Cold War demanded that we be more globalist in order to counter communist expansion. In a way, the Soviets won by forcing us to over-expand and dilute our own WASP culture from within.

no.

best answer

Perfect, this is what I was looking for. He is one of the most popular/controversial presidents we have ever had and I know nothing about him. Reagonomics was essentially what Trump/Margaret thatcher is doing now right (minus the tariffs)? Cut income/corporate tax, reduce legislation/regulation, energy independence, etc

>2nd ammendment and gun enthusiast.
>AWB!!

REEEEE!

Ah, I see. So Trump is essentially doing the same thing but for US cititzens to benefit, not globalists. Would it be fair to say that essentially Reagan was just a more globalist Trump?

complete meme president who ruined america

>he thinks the jews didnt already have all the money by 1980

most blue pilled post ever conceived

He's similar to Margaret Thatcher, someone the left loved to hate because he was charismatic and right about pretty much everything.

He revived the American economy, restored our confidence in ourselves after Vietnam, built the military up to epic proportions, did not get involved in any major overseas conflicts, defeated the Soviet Union without firing a shot, secured numerous historic arms treaties the Soviets, destroyed unionism in the private sector, and told those degenerate drug addicts to take a hike.

Reagan gave some of the best speeches this country has ever seen and was Pro America in policy

So basically just what you heard is true.
Republican dream, Democrat/globalist nightmare

People can elaborate on it more but he will always be viewed this way by the respective groups.

he was good but he was a cuck

cuckservatives worship him because they are cucks

And I'll add, the economic prosperity we enjoyed from about 1983 until 2008 was all due to his neoliberal policies. Clinton just rode the wave of his reforms.

How was he a cuck? Not arguing, just curious.

>Poor families still haven't recovered.
Bullshit, not any evidence to support this.
>treason for Iran-Contra
I call it a shrewd tactic to achieve good aims
>ball drop on drugs
that dates from the late 60s