Why more young men are playing video games instead of working

yahoo.com/news/why-more-young-men-playing-video-games-instead-171045828.html

>One in five men between the ages of 21 and 30 with less than a bachelor's degree reported not working at all in 2014 - more than double than the 9.5 percent who reported not working in 2000. These young men have replaced 75 percent of the time they used to spend working with time on the computer, mostly spent playing video games, the new study found. Between 2004 and 2007, this group spent an average of 3.4 hours a week playing video games. By 2014, that time had risen to 8.6 hours.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/imUeO
unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0023/002318/231823E.pdf
marketwatch.com/story/world-faces-40-water-shortfall-in-15-years-un-2015-03-21
youtube.com/watch?v=0nOZwCitHgg
theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/mar/14/nasa-civilisation-irreversible-collapse-study-scientists
unfccc.int/files/adaptation/groups_committees/loss_and_damage_executive_committee/application/pdf/briefing_paper_climate_induced_displacement_and_migration.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ETNoPqYAIPI
youtube.com/watch?v=roX70PAu3oA
youtube.com/watch?v=mqOY-02XAFk
youtube.com/watch?v=9V7DYckpj8o
youtube.com/watch?v=tluFQCOezZE
youtube.com/watch?v=mk2SNcpTNbs
youtube.com/watch?v=liTSRH4fix4
youtube.com/watch?v=0hu8p-NYSkE
youtube.com/watch?v=UZmkXVPtetI
youtube.com/watch?v=9aSH4AjAnbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=N9IA_EZM1Zo
youtube.com/watch?v=6ssG3e4ifsY
youtube.com/watch?v=-0t_hCzUgvM
youtube.com/watch?v=0LrH7uHRGxI
youtube.com/watch?v=aXfOdvd-sJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=MZn0OJvBv7c
youtube.com/watch?v=2fUY046brGM
youtube.com/watch?v=uhYW0iF4GsY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish I played video games that long but I tell myself I don't want to waste time so I scroll imageboards all day instead. Oh look the day's over.

>tfw you used to play video games all day and the only reason you don't anymore is because you've become so heavily depressed that no form of entertainment can distract you from your mortality, personal shortcomings, and the imminent downfall of western society.

it's always fun
25% percent youth unemployment in europe and the answer is more immigrants to boost the economy and take the jobs no one wants....

>being a wagecuck

>playing modern vidya

jesus guys...

>8.4 hours a week
>a single game of Civ 5 last me about 10-12 hours
fucking plebs.

>Doesn't have a rumble pack
Fucking pleb

same. i dont even get the point of going on anymore. sometimes i feel like im living in a modern post ww1 germany. nothing to live for, might as well do myself in

20-25% national unemployment +Shit culture will do it.

do it faggot

probably will. dont worry

I am very comfy being 31 years old and just playing video games all day but thank you very much for your concern.

I work 42 hrs a week at a great job and play like 10hrs a week of vidya. Kiss my ass.

>look, boss, I posted it again!

I have no reason to be alive. I would honestly kill myself right fucking now if I weren't so afraid of being dead.

And you're criticizing me for not wanting to work a soul crushing job and slave wages? Makes me laugh.

Same here, video games and /pol browsing each every day because each day that goes by I see a new kind of degeneracy on the streets.
I am very comfy though.

neetbux or parents

But my taxes going to welfare payments!
how am I ever gonna feed ma 8 kids if you dont pay for it!?

Women are much less rewarding than video games, as humorous as that sounds.

They've abandoned all the things that made them valuable and decided to be giant ego factories that cry "woe is me" all the damn time.

Not sure how the less guys don't kill themselves.

I'm all for staying home all day and playing vidya but I can't being alone at home, it becomes very dark, very boring, even after 48 hours of not doing anything, even if that's a shit job, I start to literally lose my mind.

>video games fun
>working not fun

really makes one ponder

parents, I am very thankful for pardos working for my parents so I could be a neet and enjoy life to the fullest

>worked all of 2014, 2015, 2016
>still manage over 40 hours of gaming each week

Wage slaving isn't so bad

I don't want to pay for you NEETs, can't you just hop in the grave?

>By 2014, that time had risen to 8.6 hours.
Only 8 hours? It is nothing. More important problem is TV. How do we stop old farts from wasting their time and be more productive with their lives?

>Specifically, says Nielsen, here’s the average weekly usage for ascending age groups:
>2-11: 24 hours, 16 minutes.
>12-17: 20 hours, 41 minutes.
>18-24: 22 hours, 27 minutes.
>25-34: 27 hours, 36 minutes.
>35-49: 33 hours, 40 minutes.
>50-64: 43 hours, 56 minutes.
>65-plus: 50 hours, 34 minutes.

I'm one of those pathetic losers.

fml

Two whole fucking days out of any given week? Jesus tap dancing Christ.

What I hate most about wageslaving is that it literally sucks up more than 1/3 of my day. Spend 1 hour commuting, work for 8 hours, spend 1 hour commuting back. Bam, 10 hours gone. Oh, and I need to sleep for at least 7 hours. There goes 2/3 of my day for things that I 'need' to do. Oh, and I should probably work out, cook, and clean and do all manner of fuckery, but sometimes I just can't be fucked to do it.

Most of the things I want in this world I can not attain with either money or hard work, or without harming people. There's just so few things that seem worth it.

how do your parents take your neetdom?

I havent watched TV, other than a few select torrented shows in a decade.
When I visit my brother for a friend and they want to watch something I realize I haven't missed anything at all and feel a lot better about myself.

When your parents run out of money and die you are going to be starving in the streets.

This. They're bitching about men 'sitting around playing video games all day' but soon they'll also be bitching about men who 'don't want to do their duty and financially support women'.

It's because women aren't worth it. They're not worth the absolute grind and stress it takes to rise through the ranks of corporate jobs to make a large enough paycheck to keep women happy.

Shit, more than 50% of women in the US are obese or overweight. Only some small percentage of available women even hit a 5 out of 10 on the attractiveness scale. Among them, many of them are entitled and feminist. Practically every girl has had 20 cocks inside them before they're of legal age to drink, which makes them toxic for relationships and marriage.

Women aren't worth it, and men are staying single and foregoing work entirely or taking jobs with less stress to support only themselves.

Don't forget the fact that the entire legal system and all marriage laws are there to extract money and assets from men in divorce to hand over to women for no fucking reason. Women see marriage as a financial windfall and men are the ATMs.

Burn this entire fucking female-serving society to the ground until feminism and progressivism are dead.

How do they support themselves?

Can you at least post a proper resolution? I do basic chores for a quiet grocery store a few times a week, I'm pretty sure I'm as close to neetbucks as my non-autistic self can get

Same here

>your coming with us

Ok I work at home, I am not a neet.
And I do work the fuck hard.

I have never played video games. I can't believe so many degenerates waste their lived on that shit.

>falling for the electric Jew

Be selective of what you use the internet for and don't waste too much time. Don't play fucking video games.

make me.

lol I regularly log 55ish hours a week on Raptr. I also work 40hrs a week.

I came here to get away from Cred Forums, not find more of it.

God dammit m8....why'd you have to say what i was thinking?

Nobody I know over the age of 21 plays videogames, at least not avidly.

I'm talking about the real hobbyists who would play from sun up to sun down if they had the freetime.

People say videogames ruin lives and they're right. It comes like a tsunami wiping away your wonder years and while the memories are sweet and should be cherished at the end of the day it was a mode of distraction to occupy freetime.

You cant get that time back and life doesnt slow down, if you played videogames addictively you'll be playing catch-up for the rest of your life. Most young adults realize this in their mid-twenties.

I dont even think its a coming-of-age thing at this point, the industry is just too lackluster and boring to stay involved and interested Gaming is going back to its financial bracket which is good.

Once you move out and its you in an empty apartment alone you either accept videogames or you leave them behind.

You guys should look into books to read.
In my NEET days all I ever felt was guilt and self hatred, so I forced myself to read in a search for simple improvements.
Worked really well.

>people are happier playing video games than working minimum wage jobs
You don't say

what the hell are you talking about?
playing catch up in what?
education? social life? in what?

>mfw I work a shitty labour job where me and half my coworkers have STEM degrees or trade school diplomas

The labour market is over-saturated as FUCK

Why is this a thread everyday lol? We already know this, thanks to feminism men will get to stay home all day playing vidya while the women work 9-5, it's what they wanted right?

>another one of these fucking ctrlC ctrlV threads we have every damn day

I much prefer the Romania thread. When is that russian gopnik gonna finally post it?

>i had no friends to play vidya with as a kid so now here's some rant about how they're the worst thing ever
i'd be angry too desu

>it's what they wanted right?
archive.is/imUeO

This guy gets it, men are bored with this whole female centered society. Since forever relationships have always favored women, men buy things to impress them, go to events to keep them happy, bend over backwards to make them happy all for sex. You could do everything right and at the end of the day the bitch will still fuck you over when a chad "makes her feel like a real woman"

I mean don't get me wrong, everyone here would love to find that perfect girl, but what are your chances of that? I'd rather lift and play vidya than spend $300 a week and all my spare time chasing some mystical yeti pussy that will just call me sexist when I don't enjoy the vagina monologues.

Men are starting to realize the game is rigged and the only way to win is not to play.

How? There are no good video games these days. Literally shit tier

>Work an non-challenging unrewarding job
>get more shit than praise
>face challenges and get rewards that fit the challenges
>some games have strong communities

Keep slaving cuck

Bruh, i used to study mathematics in a prestigious swiss school and i recently learned that one of my seniors who actually graduated with a mathematics degree couldn't find a job in a related field and is now an apprentice cook...

Fml, i'd rather be a NEET

I get what he's saying I think

video games leave you feeling guilty like you just wasted time, and then you wonder what else you could've been doing.

What "that" is is up to you

exercise, music, literature, outdoors. these are all better alternatives than vidya

>financially support women'.
No capable adult should be financially supported because they have a vagina. The ONLY case where it is acceptable to have the woman stay home while you work is if she is looking after the kids

They want to talk about privilege?
How about getting everything for free while you get to go around buy stupid shit and act childish while being a fucking adult

This is exactly why I do play vidya, the world is fucked, there is nothing you can do to stop or change it, just play some vidya till the whole thing goes up in flames.

bullshit, people are inherently lazy and stupid, most books are crap and equal waste of time same with tv
even wandering around or sitting doing nothing is the same waste of time.
you think you would be able to exercise or do something that actually requires effort?
keep dreaming and lying to yourself

JIDF DETECTED

Books increase my brain activity which in turn make me think more efficiently and vividly about depressing stuff, fml...

>tfw thats me

Hold me senpai

Feminism was just a symptom of birth control and gynocentric thought. Ultimately what we observe is just evolutionary maladaptation to improvements in technology which has turned our society into a barren wasteland of nihilism, instant gratification, and denial of the inevitable demise of our species.

>being a dole slave

Youll never be anything

This post makes no sense. It doesn't take into account what an individual would consider "success" in life which it in itself is abstract and subjective. Basic human necessity (survival) which is objective, requires food, shelter and sex, which can be easily acquired by some means. If some NEET wants to check out of society and do the bare minimum while enjoying any form of entertainment to the fullest, then it's his choice and doesn't make him any more of a success or failure. Thinking it only makes your though subjective.

Frankly I enjoy video games when I reward it to my self for the long work hours that I have and to relax myself when I finish the gym. I've come to realize my enjoyment has greatly improved, the same if you have friends that also enjoy the hobby. It doesn't take up most of my time anymore and it's always great to have another hobby to always take a break from it.

iktfb

It sucks man, we live in Alberta and the oil industry crashed so we all graduated into a recession, so when things recover we'll all have no experience and companies will just hire new grads or experienced people instead, same thing with people who graduated into the 2008 recession, lost generations. You can go back to school and try and get into something else but then if you graduate at the wrong time all that money and time wasted. Canada is one of the most educated populations in the world, it's just a series of diplomas and degrees until you can find a job in something. I was looking at resumes we received for job postings and most people have more than one degree and/or diploma and a shitload of certifications and training courses

>tfw i have a m.sc and i still do this

it is too hard to get a job nowadays senpai.

What do you mean 'women aren't worth it'?

>not to play

exactly

Unless one is having children (which should only be done if you find the rare woman that will do it properly) there is literally NO point to sex.

After learning about this shit and how men have been ruined because of a night of sex the woman regretted later (and he got charged with rape and his life ruined) i vowed to not have sex ever except for the purpose of creating children

That is how you should be too if you call yourself "traditional" at all

for 2000 years or more human society remained virgin except for purposes of childbirth

and what happens when we start having degenerate rampant sex for pleasure? shit starts declining

If youre that damn desperate? well you were given a good right hand for a reason.

i mean this in the least degenerate way possible: try medical marijuana

but but I have a job and play video games

I dont think I could handle playing all day every day I just get sleepy and dont want to do any of the hard stuff

But then white people will go extinct.

>exercise, music, literature, outdoors.
All designed to make you more of a leftist. Vidya is the last great bastion of right-libertarian thinking (crush and/or control all that stand before you!).

qq more burger

> muh shortcomings

your just a fucking monkey who will die after 70 years and the universe is eternal

get the fuck over it

Depression is often a phase for people tuned out of society. It comes and goes. Remember when the last time you weren't sad was. If you can, it's a good sign. You're valuable and you're sensible, that you're here. Do not doubt your significance. You'll find light, I promise.

Obligatory.

This is because less and less parents teach their kids any skills whatsoever

>economists can't meet their GDP growth targets
>blame the neets, try to shame them in to working shitty underpaid jobs

They're upset while the neets are happy playing vidya and watching animu. They're also voting for Hillary while Trump has the neet vote on lockdown.

feels good to topple modern society

I work 4 10 hour days and get 3 days off. My job is 5 minutes from my house and I spend my evenings fucking my wife, cooking good food, working out, playing with my dog. My weekends I do whatever the fuck I want because we have tons of money and no kids.

You faggots could have this to, some people take pol too seriously. You're gonna waste your whole fucking youth on the xbox waiting for western society to collapse.

>this triggers neet FAGGOTS

yea gee I wish I was sitting in a cafe all that time or playing pool at the pub or watching sport or braindead fucking tv like 80% of the population

Almost only irresponsible people would have children in this kind of modern environment. What kinds of dysgenic effects will we see after generations of kids who've inherited all their genes from mostly utterly irresponsible people I wonder?

I don't work and live comfortably, and always will be able to life comfortably.

>this triggers wagecucks

>>exercise
>Requiring exertion, dedication, hard-work, consistency to see results
>Left Wing
Never go full retard.

Projected freshwater supply to be severely depleted by 2050:

unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0023/002318/231823E.pdf

marketwatch.com/story/world-faces-40-water-shortfall-in-15-years-un-2015-03-21

Eric Rignot from NASA talking about the collapse of the ice sheets and the fuze already has been blown:

youtube.com/watch?v=0nOZwCitHgg

theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/mar/14/nasa-civilisation-irreversible-collapse-study-scientists

unfccc.int/files/adaptation/groups_committees/loss_and_damage_executive_committee/application/pdf/briefing_paper_climate_induced_displacement_and_migration.pdf

Whats happening in Syria is only the beginning. The whole conflict is built on water scarcity: People move to the city from rural areas as there is not enough water to live sustain-ably, this has a knock on effect of pushing the city to its limits, people become upset at the new overwhelming situation and begin to protest, protests turn into civil war as government takes hard line. Incidentally, this is what happened in darfur and what is about to happen in the Sudan. When the oceans rise its all over, the same pattern i described above will happen on a global scale as people move away from the coast (which harbors 44% of the entire human population). Just think about the immensity of that problem 44% of 7 billion is 3.080 billion people that will have to be moved within the next 100 years (i personally believe these numbers to be conservative and it will be at a much faster pace). Poor nations will be bankrupted by this and will become essentially failed states. Any problem you can think of will be affected by this. Honestly, when all is said and done i think we have 30 years of civilization left, there will be pockets and safe-zones but the majority of that 7 billion is in for a very very rough ride. Why on earth would i ever spend time contributing when there is so little time left.

> normies exercising
> results

choose one. Normies have shit tier goals like lose 3 pounds or more energy

>you were given a good right hand for a reason
>implying millennials aren't the first generation that jerk off with their left hands

Speak for yourself, all of those are great.

Personally I dont like reading books though.

That isn't something somebody depressed would say. It's okay Denmark, my great great grandfather comes from your lands, I will always feel familiar to that flag.

>no kids
>fucking my wife

Literally degeneracy

thanks bro, also nice digits

>implying that we haven't switched our hand dominance from all the left handed fapping so that we have to go back to fapping with our right hands.

the day leaves stop shitposting is the day i an hero

I will bust my ass to make enough money so I can be one of the few million who will survive.

>Remember when the last time you weren't sad was.

back when my father was alive

12 years ago

>no kids

>Depression is often a phase for people tuned out of society. It comes and goes

Yea, its agony and theres no real way to make it go away forever, we just have to take the pain and look forward to better times

Let's see, as a mid 20's male with a well paying job I can either

> gf
> marry
> risk half my assets/wealth on the temperament of a woman
> have kids
> risk paying out of pocket for 18 years after divorce
> stress about her cheating with a chad
> work long hours to support her/the family

OR I can

> work 1/2 the hours I would if I had a family to support
> have way more free time to myself
> spend all my money on myself
> not have to worry about my lifestyle drastically changing
> have the freedom to change my lifestyle if I want it to
> can literally up and do whatever the fuck I want to do at all times

Hmmmm hard choice. Risk it all for what may be happiness or may be a meh tier marriage or keep living life on my terms and loving it.

> mfw the panic will continue to spread as more men realize what true freedom is

Kek and his angels choose who to speak through and when. It's not all just memes my friend. You deserve to know you're rich with potential. The sooner you love yourself, the sooner you will love existing. When this happens, you will do amazing things.

This may sound silly but technology will eventually, in your life time, be able to make it go away forever. Depression must not be mystified. We feel it, then we think about it. Then we think our thoughts are making us sad, when it's our feelings that create these thoughts. The future is going to be amazing user, and the best part is, you're invited ;)

People seem to be missing something important.
Retirement homes won't suck anymore.
Can you imagine a bunch of 80 Year olds doing a fucking LAN party for games that are almost as old as they are?
I'd love to play Halo 3 again in 50 years

Unless you have a job earning 70K+ there's not much point in working.

>The future is going to be amazing user
lol it'll be amazing alright, and absolutely horrifying

>do everything right
>get a university degree, $35K debt
>get job, $50K starting with little opportunity
>get wife, lose everything if she wants a divorce
>pay taxes to a state that failed me
>so they can import immigrants that hate me
>so these immigrants can take my job
>so I can no longer pay taxes
why bother

>''experts'' make doomsday prediction that never happens for the millionth time

About as reliable as happening threads. Might as well prepare for Yellowstone to erupt while you're at it.

3 waking days essentially when you add sleep into the equation

Only either or, my familiar friend. We must ignite the flicker now which brims with the potential future we hope for; more than imagine a society that loves us and allows for an explosion of prosperity. It's not far off. Not at all.

or just dont care about them fuck em till you find one worthy of your commitment till then use them like the whores they are if all men did this women would see guys not committing to sluts and maybe they wouldn't be sluts

>theres no real way to make it go away forever

The Russians would like to have a word with you mate

they found a cure centuries ago

This son of a bitch right here.
He gets it.
I already swallowed the married and child pill. My life is finished.

Though, I only married so that I wouldnt have to go back to my shithole third world home. But love the kids and can't imagine living on my own anymore.. sigh..

Don't get stuck like me. Never get married. Never have kids.

and how is this any surprsing?
with the destruction of traditional household old people started to live alone, they cant work, they have no friends, what are they going to fucking do?
they watch the tv and read books in crippling loneliness, simply waiting for death while watching their body and mind becoming more and more useless
its hell

(OP)
Trump utterly destroyed her.

He talked about real plans and policy and Clinton just talked about Trump.

He had her on the ropes the whole times. All she could do was arrogantly smirk while she was losing. It was embarrassing for her and for the Democratic party.

Almost all the online polls except for LOL (((CNN))) agree.

Trump dominated

THE RUSSIANS
HOW FUCKING DARE YOU YOU STUPID FUCKING LEAF
ITS A POLISH INVENTION

Arguably, playing video games would be more healthy than just browsing imageboards all day.

Especially if you can make some social connections when playing games.

I signed up to Xbox Live recently (they were offering me 1 month for just £1, score) and started playing GTA V online, and I started adding people to do heists with. It's fun. Socialising is essential for good mental health.

>that cry "woe is me" all the damn time.

But aren't you doing the exact same thing?

Protip: not all women are the same person

Hope is dead. Unless you have some ideas as to what may lead the human animal into adapting a different set of reproductive tactics that bypass the consequences of birth control and state enlargement, which in turn will redirect male productive energies into societal building and maintenance as it was in the past, then nothing will change things for the better. Hope and ideals will bring nothing but delusion.

Vodka makes it worse if overused m8. Its good as a temporary crutch until spring comes around but nothing more. Nothing worse than sunny winter days for some reason.

nu males and tumblr whales are too lazy for those things, user, which is why they flock to video games and comics

not that all of those are completely bad, but they're doing their best to shit up the genres for their identity fashion statements

>TFW you can't remember when you were last truly happy and all you really do is try to distract yourself from the misery of existance.
>TFW mainly motivated by hatred and spite, with just enough love for those close to you to stop you from killing yourself.

At least I got to check those dubs user

I both play vidya and work
Though I refuse to buy any games post 2010
The industry has become absolute trash, even the "good" games are soulless money grubbing product.

If you are part of the 99%, you get to choose one of pic related. It's pretty fucking depressing.

Well, there is a third option: design an app that makes you rich, turn your passion into profession (think art/entertainment), start your own company and succeed, win the lottery, do criminal stuff - be an outlier.

I'm combining NEET lifestyle with going after my passion - if it makes me money someday, great. If it doesn't? Who cares.

Hope is not dead, friend, and no rational person who is healthy in his mind and spirit would say such a detached thing. You must be the one Dane who isn't taking his SSRIs I figure. I jest.

The values you desire have not been gone, nor forsaken from our blood. In fact, it is because we have built such decadent societies that we can afford such lifestyles. Although I want for a more prosperous and therefore more decadent society, if things happen to go truly wrong, horrific as you expect, then expect a return to a world you see fit to live in. For your own sake don't focus your productivity on such useless thoughts which only negate your ability to feel hope. There is always hope as long as smart people like you exist.

Because you actually get something rewarding out of games. High score, high rank, master of skill, other players respect maybe. As long as you don't give up it's always a rewarding experience. In the workplace there are backward politics, retarded hiring policies and you gotta walk on eggshells to never offend someone or rub your boss the wrong way. No thanks. I don't want to get fired because I don't support illegal immigration.

>200 hours
>still conquering Japan in Mount and Blade

I'll unite the realm one day.

But if you follow this line of thinking, that really isn't feasible too. To be successful (i dont know how they do it in finland, but in america) you have to appear like you have yourself together. you need a wife and family. why on earth would i ever get married, i will never have kids and bring them into this incoming shitstorm. In fact, i personally believe any person that has had a child within the last 5 years should be imprisoned on principle alone for subjecting your children to what's about to come. you also have to be sociable, and everywhere i look no one is the least bit concerned this is going to happen, which leaves me with the only assumption is that people are so self center they have completely detached themselves with our current reality. Ill ask you, who wants to talk to people like that. this permeates every aspect of my thinking and these beliefs cant cohabitate with a workplace setting. eventually, you will become an outcast and outcasts dont become ceos

i dont know where to post this because im new to Cred Forums but i was at a restaurant in LA on vacation and i saw someone using and posting as chuck tingle on twitter. he was a young guy, dark hair. did not look mentally disabled, actually totally normal looking.

This is how the Jews are killing whites
> women are brainwashed my msm and tv to be trash
> men thusly don't want them and don't reproduce
> niggers, Muslims and ect reproduce anyways

For you right now your journey is to find worth, but not just from your family but worth from yourself. The way you feel right now is not to be mystified. It's chemical disturbance, which ultimately affects your mind and informs you of thought and feelings like, "I am worthless" or "life has always been bad. I cannot remember a good past, or imagine a good future." It's all wrong, which is why medicine is actually helpful for the truly melancholic. But besides that, there is something, many things, for you to do in life user. And the path to happiness will not stagnate. Whether medicine is your panacea or not is to be told but regardless if you stay this road, I promise you will not be depressed forever. It saddens me when special people feel so worthless because of issues we should be able to correct.

Thank God I'm ENTP master race and was gifted/cursed with creativity relating to entertaining people. I just have to keep my mouth shut and let my work do the talking.

Praise kek

Cut cable 6 months ago.

Now, I only watch TV or movies when I actually want to see something, not "just because it's on" or as background noise. It's totally changed my viewing experience.

I feel like I'm living an alternate life to the people I work with; I go to work, I get up in the morning, work out for an hour or so, make my (healthy) lunch, watch my co-workers "step out" for 3-4 HFCS-loaded "Starbucks runs" a day, listen to them talk about their weight watchers and their sugar addiction and their latest health scare (I rarely go a week without one of my co-workers or their obese significant others needing to go to the doctor for one thing or another), get my work done, then hop on the train home, make my dinner, talk to my wife, play with my dog, and maybe watch TV or go for a walk before we go to bed & I get to do it all over again.

I feel like I'm the only one I know who isn't miserable or begging for a way out, and the main reason is that 1) I said "fuck off" to the TV Jew, and 2) I have a wife who respects me, values my contribution to the household, and allows me to lead our family/make the important decisions.

Seriously, though, dropping the TV Jew was one of the best things I ever did. It's just not worth the money, let alone the time you're wasting on it. I'd rather spend that time with people I care about.

I'm honestly just playing vidya as a means to pass time until some major world conflict erupts. Once that happens I can go to war and die with some honor.

because me and probably other guys are tired of "playing the game", what does that even mean? why we have fucking manuals with hundreds of pages telling us how to behave with woman? what the hell happened to natural healthy interaction?

everyone claims he got some brilliant idea on how to "alpha" and how to be dominant with woman like they are some wild animal need to be tamed for reproduction. why can't people have normal conversations like human being anymore, everyone resort to attacking us on newspapers,lying us on our face, don't respect us, telling us that men aren't needed. and i think most woman agree with this bullshit and it has to end, and it will end.

Any recommendations?

This. I am still playing RA Aftermath and TFC.

Anyone under 25 has lived his entire life in front of a computer since before they even learned socialization and it's inevitably going to change the earth this is the initial resistance humanity is changing for better or worse

This is the right idea

Couch co-op is cool when you're in your 30s.

>get job, $50K starting with little opportunity

i wish.
i have double the debt and half the starting pay

stop making these threads its shitting up this board
>package mailed to police department

get in here

I still play video games and I'm doing really well. Working towards a high paying career, can afford a house and can enjoy life when I need it. Would not mind a woman but most are poor quality these days. Probably go looking once old and bored.

>Men are the problem! Patriarch-perpetuating pigs!
>You want me to pay HALF for our meal? What the fuck?
>Sorry, you don't earn enough so you're of lower social status now
>Sorry, you earn too much and I am going to divorce you and take all your stuff now
>YOU SHOULD FEEL SHAME FOR BEING WHITE AND HAVING A PENIS

>REEEEEEE WHY AREN'T YOUNG MEN WORKING WHERE HAVE THEY ALL GONE
>THEY'RE JUST BEING MAN CHILDREN!

Video games abuse dopamine levels and makes you less and less motivated and aware of your surroundings

>THIS many mental ((((((((hoops)))))))

not true.
why socialize with retards when you can discuss politics with like minded people from all over the world.
iv talked to maybe thousands of people and i rather be here, so maybe that makes me an autist but that's how i feel

>3.080 billion people.
I have a $646,800,000 solution to that problem.

just like weed,

>be successful THEN play vidya, ok
>play vidya without being successful, manchild

honestly they're right. get off your asses and start looking for work you retarded shits. lyou can lie to yourself all you want about how "hurr muh society's turned on men" but none of that stops you from going out and applying nonstop until you get something.

just admit it, the reason you don't have a job is because you think service/labor/manufacturing are beneath you, you're too autistic for sales or you're too lazy or stupid to get a degree

isnt america severely lacking in jobs?

There are good, enjoyable jobs out there and even some that can pay well. If you're working a McJob after 20 it's you're own fault. Set goals and plan.

Videogames are a good time killer when incredibly bored, other than that I'd take more patrician forms of entertainment like movies, reading, shitposting, substance abuse.

>When I play a game, I know if I have a few hours I will be rewarded," Danny Izquierdo, a 22-year-old who lives with his parents in Silver Spring, Md., explained to The Washington Post. "With a job, it's always been up in the air with the amount of work I put in and the reward."

> "With a job, it's always been up in the air with the amount of work I put in and the reward."

really makes u thinkerino

no, there are a shit ton of jobs, people just aren't looking and use that as an excuse.

all the retarded millenials i hear talking about "muh poor job market" probably spend 100x more time on Cred Forums or playing games than applying to some jobs online.

In america you can't get any job with a high school diploma because you're competing with people who have associates or bachelors degrees who are also desperately looking for work. So basically there are people who graduated college applying for McDonalds positions because they are unable to get a job. If you were smart and avoided going 50k in debt for a degree congrats the rest of us are screwed.

but you can argue with other anons on Cred Forums....that's socializing, right?

He wasn't attacking out in thr slightest, hue hue

What are you talking about? I'm still working on my backlog.

Can you explain what specific technological advancements will get rid of depression.

What is the Jews end game.
Say they are successful and all white people die, then what?
They still have niggers and Arabs and gooks and Chinese and spics all other shittier races to deal with. And the minute they fuck with them it's literally bye bye Jews forever.
Why the hell do they hate whites so much, what does it even get them?

Well the work life in America sucks so much that I don't wonder why someone opts for palying games isntead.

that is the problem m8 i dont remember when it was the last time i wasnt sad.

Holy fuck why do you work that much?

O-Ok

livestream it.

>this group spent an average of 3.4 hours a week playing video games. By 2014, that time had risen to 8.6 hours.

Sorry, but it hardly seems like Video games are the real problem here.

probably hate him.

Because work sucks ass, plain and simple
The old reasoning behind getting a job is to buy shit to impress girls with
Well, girls don't want to settle down at all or they just want to settle with Chad. There's no point in people like me to work

>muh collectivism
kys scumbag

this is a bad thing?

>still living at home is bad

times are tough, man, and I'd rather live in a house with my parents than a dingy trailer park alone, any day

Are you trolling or actually a retard?

Video games are a waste and are on the same level as doing drugs, watching TV, gambling etc. Its a coping, self destructive mechanism for guys who would rather humour themselves in a fake fantasy realm than face their real life. Theres nothinf wrong with a few hours on the weekend but that isnt representive if your average vidya player. The degeneracy has to stop

what a shite post LOL

The most ironic post of the day, thanks leaf

...well some more traditional games most always have a white male protagonist either rescuing white female or saving world or something. That may be changing nowadays with diversity pressure and non-binary gender shit going into games. He's probably trolling though.

>implying "real life" isn't a fake fantasy realm

>muh job openings

did you even read the thread? we have a phd and several msc with no responses even after sending 100+ applications. what good are these "openings" if there is no incentive for a business to fill them?

no, job growth has increased, but they are all minimum wage jobs like fast food and retail. if you want to get paid anything more than $10/hour you need a degree or lots of experience.

>All of this faggotry
Doesnt this belong to r9k?

>hurr durr we gotta protect the white race
>says the single 25 year old NEET with social anxiety

>wanting to be a part of this society

More like depression comes from not having a society to be a part of.

It's a choice between insanity or pain. Some choose pain.

P- Please goy! Please work for crap wages at my horrible company so I can make billions of your labor! C-C'mon. I'll even throw in two 3 minute breaks a day!

I work 40 hours a week, train jiu jitsu 5 days a week.. work out 7 days a week(that includes bjj).. Still have time for a wife, a little over watch, reading, helping the wife with college hw(shes about to be in nursing school).. its all about time management. Get up and do something with yourself.. eat healthy, and put right things in your mind.

>tfw Fieros never came with a spoiler or dual exhausts on anything but the GT and Formula

What's a dole slave?

>o-oy vey! Why aren't the goyim cattle working harder?!

BOB DOLE WANTS YOU TO SIT ON HIS LAP

BOB DOLE DOESN'T HAVE A BANANA IN HIS POCKET

BOB DOLE IS HAPPY TO SEE YOU

Dumped a woman for Destiny, worth it

I would hardly call this socializing.

Bad goys, you should be watching celebrities on TV and paying $10 to go watch progressive reboots at the cinema!

I didn't get into video games until I was 27, the old ones suck

I sold all my video shit about 4 years ago because i got tired of being "that guy".

It's bad enough im a NEET but sitting around playing video games in your late 20's is pretty manchildish.

This

I like to go out inna woods and shoot a small animal and cook it over an open fire and then go home.

hmmm, maybe Drunph is right and we do need more jobs....

Nah, he's a racist

The society you desire to be a part is the one I assume is growing as we speak, and you're part of the reason things are changing the way you ultimately want them to. Have fun on this journey, society is changing and it's the beginning which is the best part.

Y-y-yeah... phases can last for 10 years, r-right?

Considering God told Jews to convert or burn in Hell the last laugh won't be theirs. They just want to bring as many of us with them as they can. Us meaning anybody not Jewish.

I did this, and then proceeded to spend that time shitposting on the internet all day long.

The internet was a mistake.

do you live with your parents?
i would be so afraid of being a neet in a 3rd world country in the off chance my parents kick me out. i imagine surviving on the streets of brazil would be a living hell.

Often a phase, but I acknowledge that authentic melancholic depression requires more than a few pick-me-up pointers. Regardless, it's amazing to me that you might not know how special you are regardless of how you're squandering your potential right now.

Sorry but that's just not true. Like 10% of Americans have good jobs. Do you really think that the rest 90% are just lazy?

Civilization only exists because of art. music, literature.

Music:

youtube.com/watch?v=ETNoPqYAIPI
youtube.com/watch?v=roX70PAu3oA
youtube.com/watch?v=mqOY-02XAFk
youtube.com/watch?v=9V7DYckpj8o
youtube.com/watch?v=tluFQCOezZE
youtube.com/watch?v=mk2SNcpTNbs
youtube.com/watch?v=liTSRH4fix4

Literature:

youtube.com/watch?v=0hu8p-NYSkE
youtube.com/watch?v=UZmkXVPtetI
youtube.com/watch?v=9aSH4AjAnbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=N9IA_EZM1Zo

Fitness:

youtube.com/watch?v=-0t_hCzUgvM
youtube.com/watch?v=0LrH7uHRGxI
youtube.com/watch?v=aXfOdvd-sJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=MZn0OJvBv7c

Video games can't compete.
Also, you can be a degenerate and reward yourself with anime after a good workout or reading a chapter of a book. Basic conditioning with rewards is the easiest way to learn. They've done studies on worms and shit that they learn with punishment & reward. Literally any brain dead piece of shit can learn anything.

When I was here. Took me 6 hours to get up here. That was ONE of the last times I was happy. I was alone then and am alone now. When you are in nature, you are never alone. The grass, the trees, the birds, the single animals like bears, mountain lions are never alone because they are part of a giant network of life and all are significant to that network. When you go out there you are always invited to that network even if it is dangerous itself. A good death is its own reward.

Do you have proper vacations?

don't care
gonna kill myself at 25 anyway. might as well live a hedonistic life for the remaining 5 years.

Even American gym monkeys are fat :D:D:D:D:D

Only the hope of one day hugging my waifu keeps me going.

Its funny people think the church is anti intellectual and dogmatic by nature to the point is anti civilization yet here they are everyone defending it without even realizing.

at least we can fap to hot spic trannies

you mean art, music, and literature exist because of civilization

I was so happy when theybrought back 2007 Runescape, I play that 20 hours a day

If there was a system in which I could fill out a form with all my information, turn it in, and be assigned a job I would work.

As of right now, I could do something similar (filling out an application / cv), but have a 99% chance of just wasting my time.

I want a 100% chance of landing a job. If that's too much to ask then don't demand I work.

Not really... I bury myself in the above. Most of the time im happy, with the small things. When im unhappy I just grit my teeth and wade thru until im happy again. Im not glorifying being a wagecuck by any means. If there was a way for me to better myself without being a slave I would ecstatic.. but being a neet and treading water,not going anywhere is not the answer either I dont believe.

What do you do as a job?

That's basically all i do but i only spend a few hours on and off a day, Mostly because im at a desktop and my chair isn't comfortable. To pass the time at night i basically pirate the shit out of movies.

Why work when full time employment will only leave you in the same poverty life in the parent or government care would? I wish I could play video games all day and I would, but there's literally alternative in my case. I have to go to school while working full-time. I'm one month of joblessness away from sleeping under an overpass. Everyone else my age seems to just be able to draw money out of (their parent's bank account) thin air and pretend that showing up to a 9am class is a tough day. If only...

Well you're not wrong

Probably because video games are more fun than working and gen x thinks the world owes them a comfy life.
I am 20 and started working again. Haven't played games since the weekend since I only have 3hrs of free time during the week. Pretty much spent all weekend drinking alone and watching netflix.

>I'm gonna go fuck my wife who weighs more than me and looks like a dude

That's what you sound like

>your
Nothing pisses me off more than people who are unable to grasp even the most basic thing about English.

This is a good example of the Oedipal problem. Remain weak and sickly or become a real person. That is essentially what the question is. And it seems you are choosing to remain weak and sickly, which is a shame because if you got on with your life then you'd most likely find that you are good enough.

Who am i to speak to, i have the exact same problem. But at least i am in the process of setting things right and getting on with life and doing the best i can despite my short comings and flaws. Because really, what is gonna come of making the choice NOT TO do things right? To not put in the effort and develop your self as a person. To not go on to path. What is the result of sitting inside depressed and browsing Cred Forums all day?

Society is crumbling and experiencing decay. It always is, Which is why it needs every man to work to uphold it and continually renew it. The human condition is to be in an constant battle between the forces of corruption, deception, decay and disintegration to uphold the systems that our forefathers built. The systems aren't perfect, no system ever was or ever will be (and if it was man would purposely destroy them just to have something to do) But they where good enough, and still are... Well, if people still fight to uphold the good.

Your depression is most likely a result of your life circumstances and your low social status. Just guessing. The solution would be to make your self in to a competent person.

Just like a flower you will mature, bloom and decay. The key question to ask is do you wanna see how strong and beautiful of a flower you can be before the inevitable decay, or will you be a sickly, weak, barely standing, something which you'd not even want to take a glance at and then decay and die?

You need some Peterson for your fucking nihilism and rootlessness youtube.com/watch?v=2fUY046brGM

>20
dude your barely a man. When your that age you can still use being a "dub kid" as an excuse for being a NEET, Wait until your 25+ then shit gets real.

Non destructive testing.. Ultrasound tech.. I use ultrasound to inspect welds.. alright money, not terribly physical.. mainly you get to deal with normal people. Before, I worked as a cop for 10 years in Houston(oldfag).. twords the end I was in the gang task force.. I quit out of the blue to do what I do now.. and started overprettymuch. I was very unhappy as a cop.. just a .. dark time in my life.. no way I would of been able to hold a meaningful relationship then with someone. You become very disenfranchised with society and cold twords people in general.

I think it's more gen y. At least, that segment that never really had to have the autism beat out of them by life, due to being insulated from it by boomerbux.

I been working since I was 18
I was working in another province for 21 days straight and 4 days off. Made dumb choices but life got real.
Fuck around time is over

>nd the imminent downfall of western society.
so why aren't you preparing yourself for the upcoming civil unrest? what you going to do when a bunch of dindus knock down your door?

I thinks its lots of parents being shitty.
My folks are pretty old and hardcore. So I got the little shit disturber beat out of me.

my wife just looks at her phone, does not help around the house, gets mad if I ask her to help, bitches, get sad, get mad randomly, asks me to buy things, gets mad if we don't eat out often, gets mad if she does not get what she wants

She works too because when she staid home she complained about being bored all the time and wanting a job for money. Now she complains about her job.

My god...

>Remember when the last time you weren't sad was. If you can, it's a good sign.
Move: Mockery
Effect: -20 stress on other party members, +20 stress on one target

>and the imminent downfall of western society.
That is the thing that feels good, let it all burn and maybe then people have a new purpose in life again instead of needing games to pass time.

youtube.com/watch?v=uhYW0iF4GsY

Is your wife's name Katie? If so you need to leave that fat bitch and send her and her folks back to imbred ass Florida.

I don't understand user.

May we meet in the virtual MMO of the future with our waifus in tow.

just like my japanese anime

nah, she's not fat

>Why do people drink?

I stopped playing games when I rediscovered drugs.

>8.6 hours

More like 18-20 hours on the computer and 4-6 hours of sleep for the last 6 years.

Try harder.

I wonder if that article was written by a woman

I'm not giving it a hit, but if one of you is dumb enough to do so please let me know

Literally how do you do this?

How do you have a place to live and afford the video games and food and electricity?!

I'm very curious, if I didn't have income or savings I assume I'd die homeless not be playing warcraft over high speed internet

Literally NEETs how is "just never work and still pay to live" possible.

I think chad tier guys just can't understand how this works

it's on par with reading a fiction book you've read a few times already, I'd say

Assuming you have good taste

I'm not mocking anyone, user. If you can't remember the last time you weren't sad, that means you probably need medicine. If you can, it means there may be a circumstantial set of issues preventing you from feeling anything good at all.

so what changed?

8.4 hours a week? That's nothing. A little more than an hour a day. I see people on steam with 80-100 hours on steam in a week

The reason that I called it mockery is because there's a move in Darkest Dungeon with that name and effect. If you didn't get it, you weren't meant to get it.

parents that support it

A beautiful image and also good that you track what enables you to feel happiness. Happiness is not a constant, like sadness for most people it is fleeting, but more so it is elusive. If you know that communing with grand nature gives you access to such good feelings, you do well to exist in it more. I agree nature does not often let us down when we acknowledge that side of it.

autismbux combined with parentbux
for me at least.

i think most neets just live with their parents, since they lack the social skills or motivation to acquire a job.

work part time and from home. short hours and good pay.

>spent literally 5000 hours playing css and csgo as a young neet
>got a job, apartment, gf, normie lifestyle
>decide that it sucks and doesnt make me happy
>start working 60-70 hours a week for 2 years to save up 45 grand
>move back in to my parents basement to play dota all day every day

im thinking once the money runs out ill save up another lump sum and move to peru or something

>tfw too intelligent to get a job

I work full time, pay my taxes, have my own apartment, available 27 year old...

But women don't want me. At least that's how I feel. I've always been the "odd" guy and I guess I'm destined to die that way. I wonder what their expectations are? Will they force me to change who I am for their selfish reasons? That's how I imagine it. Why is of that I could love them for who they are but I'd have to change for their sake?

Whatever, I'll just go play video games after my shift + gym.

just pay for an escort every few weeks and dump your load into her

*why is it

Fuck you phone

t. work shitposter

>tfw too autistic to get a job

fify

>tfw normies can't comprehend my vast intellect so they resort to calling me autistic

What jobs are you too smart for?

What kind of job?

Literally all of them.

Same here except for the apartment part. I just got rejected by a landwhale at work. I have pretty good self-esteem so it's contradictory that I feel unwanted by every single women. I have seen zero evidence that a woman has any interest in me since at least 5 years ago.

My best chances are to go back to my third world country and find a girl that only wants me for my dollaroos. At least I'll be wanted. That would be an improvement.

Sorry man you get to a point in your life when you want a connection not a one night stand for muh dick

Literally not possible. But if it was you could still write a book that answers all the stuff Hawkins theorizes about and have a job at that.

I'll think about it my man

1: Wait until ~35 for your market value to at least even out.
2. Take an extended vacation in the Asian countryside. Come home with a traditional wife.

Good luck

>used to be addicted to vidya
>graduate as an engineer, jobless because I live in a socialist third world shithole with a shit economy
>spend 2 years playing vidya and being a NEET
>internal turmoil inside my head is getting louder and louder, finally something pops and it gives me an epiphany and I realize that I'm wasting away my white minority education
>study literally 8 hours per day for a whole year, every single day, even weekends
>get approved in a government's job (public employer)
>work from 9am to 4pm, easy work, no stress, just roam on the local highways dealing with cargo papers
>comfy country life, away from downtown troubles
>earn around 4k dollaroos per month
>cannot be fired, cannot receive less money if the economy goes to shit (public job's rules here in Brazil)
>play vidya from 6pm to 10pm every day

Feels good man.

I only envy a friend of mine who got the same job but in a building in a comfy tiny beach city and also surfs all day.

This is the first goal I've had in a long time. I'll hoard as much money until I'm 35 then go find myself a traditional wife. Wherever she may be. Thank you user.

Is 42 hours of work a lot to you, lazy mongol? I went from 4 days 11 hours a day to getting a second job bringing me up to 65-70 hours a week only a single day off.. I wish they were all at one place so i could gain overtime pay but sadly I havent found a place capable of paying me for that amount of time.
Admittedly 3 days off a week is sweet. Time to cook, clean, hang out, sleep in, work on truck etc. etc... now my house is a wreck, clothes barely ever clean, sink full of dishes and such, extra pay goes to take out because i never have time to cook a decent meal.. almost not worth it.

>Lost my job a week ago
>stuck as a NEET for the first time in 4 years
>not much money in savings due to college loans and other bills
>constantly felt like killing myself all week

help

warehouse

>doesn't work
>Affords Vidya

How does this happen? I work full time and am well off but I still have to twist my own arm to drop $60 on a game

i day trade!!
it's true! I made a grand today, no dicks were sucked honest

>help

you're almost free user

Really? Is that what it's like for you normally? How did you get started?

>Why more young men are playing video games instead of working
Because Oil is down and I cant find a job

such a good post and it gets no replies :(

>tfw I used to play vidya 8 hours a day, but between my job, preparing for the GRE (and my grad school applications), watching football, and going on fruitless dates with soulless women I meet on okcupid and tinder I have no time for vidya anymore
I feel like I'm in purgatory.

i inherited some money and my uncle, a much smarter man than i taught me the basics of hedging and options

i nearly blew my account up in 2014 chasing oil down. I think i rerolled puts five times from 100 down to 40

then i rerolled them again to 30, that 30 never came and i dun goofed

these days i just short stupid volatility ETP's with ROBUST hedge calls

i'm literally unemployable haha if i go bust it's suicide for the ole me :D

Mount and Blade is pretty dope, along with Dorf Fort.

>tfw life is stale and you can't even enjoy video games anymore

>yeti pussy
#yetipussy

>Went to college and got an EE degree
>Did really well in my classes, even had perfect grades in my last year
>Pretty autistic and never did internships
>Struggling to find a job now
>Would love to work, but nobody gives me a chance
>Now play video games and browse imageboards to keep me from pulling the trigger

Don't fret, Norway, I thought your post was good.

>go to college, user!
>if you're really smart you'll get a good job, you don't have to be popular!
>you'll be chad's boss someday!
Why do we do this to children? Why can't we just tell them "hey kid you gotta step up your social game or you're gonna have a shit life forever"?

I'd rather play waifu CYOAs than deal with women and their BS.

tfw you've taken a break on video because most are shit nowadays. But you end up going between twitter/Cred Forums/youtube all day.

It's just stupid fucking entertainment I guess. I want to work, but everytime I go for a job I get knocked back, now I have given up. My personality can't take constant knockbacks, I'm already introverted, and now I have no confidence in my ability since the knockbacks, so I've slipped into the catch 22. Need a job, don't have the confidence to get one.

Sometimes things do get better, if only for a short while.

Thank you kind american!

>Self diagnosed depression

hahaha. kill yourself my man

That's why I play videogames after I'm finished working out and doing my college work.

what makes you so fucking jolly

>...you'll be playing catch-up for the rest of your life. Most young adults realize this in their mid-twenties.

Completely true. I fucked my life up playing video games. I feel like I've been playing catch-up for the last five years now. Most people here are in their teens and early twenties, so they don't realize it yet, but they're going to be hating themselves once they realize they wasted so much time.

I don't think I'll ever accomplish anything now. I have no hope for the future. Maybe if Trump gets elected things will move in the right direction, but I doubt it. The man really is a conman who's in it for himself.

>Don't fret, Norway, I thought your post was good.

His post wasn't good at all. I bet he's one of the typical Norwegians born into a family with a lot of money, and thinks that everything he has done in life was his own doing, because he's such a superman, when it isn't true at all.

I mean, it's obvious from his post that we're talking about a person who thinks depression comes from being low social status and making little money.