Should I vote for medicinal marijuana in my state?

Should I vote for medicinal marijuana in my state?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QC_nrLIc2Zk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin-assisted_treatment
dailymotion.com/video/xjobzx_penn-and-teller-s-bullshit-s02e17-war-on-drugs_news
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you want

Depends on the specifics of the bill.

Many of the bills to legalize give monopolies to companies.

I pretty much hate 80% of the people that smoke pot, but I think the benefits to society of legalizing it outweigh the negatives by a large margin.

I think it should be legalized by highly discriminated against by the government.

>Absolutely No pot advertisement.
>21 to smoke
>no public smoking
>evidence of smoking in a car is still a crime, similar to open container laws

It would be worth it just to get rid of all the scumbags selling pot for a living.

Yes

All drugs should be legal and available for purchase. Alcohol and tobacco already kill more people than all other drugs combined, the only reason they are legal is because politicians like booze and cigarettes.

Vote yes, stoner culture is fucking stupid however it'll pave the way for real drug legislation.

If in FL yeah.

It creates a few new jobs, helps people not go to jail for da inhale. Plus is makes it harder for niggers to sell weed to make money

>All drugs should be legal and available for purchase

Absolutely not.

Yes, you massive faggot.

>All drugs should be legal and available for purchase
Get out, degenerate

What about specific web adverts, magazine adverts in appropriate magazines? Also adds for brands and such inside the stores (like PoP material) Marketing like this will trickle down to printing industries and marketing industries.

why not? its not like the law is stopping anybody anyway. and imagine the tax revenue

This right here. Slap a tax on it and it would hopefully help some communities.

this. Look at Portugal you goons.

>specific web adverts, magazine adverts in appropriate magazines

Probably fine. I guess it would need to be treated similar to cigarette advertisement.

Depends if you want to own a gun. Legally

Yes, faggot. The money spent on keeping weed illegal can be spent on better things. Like space exploration.

nu-Cred Forums fuck off

you're clearly non white and misuse drugs, thats why you don't trust others to handle them when they actually need them

misusing medicines is just as degenerate as banning them

Why not.
Putting something dangerous into the hands of criminals does not make it safer.

For example when mephedrone was legal in the UK deaths due to cocaine plummeted by around 80% despite cocaine purity increasing, the only people pissed off at this were the papers, the government and of course the criminals who made their money from cocaine.
There were less than 10 confirmed deaths from mephedrone in the 3-5 year period it was a popular recreational drug.

youtube.com/watch?v=QC_nrLIc2Zk

Link related, even Heroin is harmless when regulated. As far as regulations go, a card that records purchases and ages for soft drug use and hard drug use should be set, penalties for diverting drugs to people under the age of majority should still be severe.

Logically it's the best way forward, the war on drugs has failed since day one. Now with the internet I can get a fucking AR15 (remember I'm from the UK) delivered to my door, drugs are easily bought online but are usually of unknown purity and thus unsafe.

>21 to smoke
Why

Drugs are absolute societal cancer. All the homeless you see are drug addicts. They destroy families and communities. I've seen many of my own age turned into zombies and shells of their former selves.

It can never be legitimized, and must be fought with the full force of our government.

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

I live in a rural area and have seen very closely what drugs do to people.

My sister was a meth addict, I've had three friend develop opiate addictions.

It is the worst thing you will ever see happen to a person. The way it empties a person soul from the inside out. The absolute nihilism and criminality they develop.

We can never legitimize these things. They must be fought. Especially the dealers. Drugs are absolute societal cancer and we can never accept them.

Oh I forgot to mention, legalising drugs would lead people to take less harmful drugs while reducing tax (less prison inmates, less drug enforcement officers) even when keeping a medium tax on substances a portion of which can go towards addiction medicine and reducing organised crime. There's a reason why Switzerland, Germany and Denmark give Heroin to Heroin addicts (less petty crime) and Austria gives Heroin addicts morphine (which is functionally identical if taken orally, which Austria does), what is so degenerate about lowered crime, more money for the state, less people in prison and the choice to experiment with drugs (at the legal age or above a minimum age with a parent/guardian present) as you wish?

what a Statist fag

Oh so you'd rather that authority be retained the government?

You should spend your free time learning skills and better your health rather than sitting on your ass smoking weed and playing cod

Spare the bullshit, read this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin-assisted_treatment
Funny that the German Heroinstudie found that criminality went down significantly and addicts that had been homeless for years prior managed to get a job and start a family.

Drugs aren't a problem, it's the warped protestant work ethic of "You shan't be happy on earth, work hard and you'll be happy in heaven" that is the problem.

What makes you think OP is going to do that if he votes yes? Medicinal use doesn't mean a marked increase in use, it just means an increase in ___legal__ use and a decrease in illegal use.
People who want drugs have no problem getting them.

>Drugs aren't a problem,
>blames protestants

What's your fucking problem buddy? Are you high right now?

>Reads logical argument
>Strawmans argument

Congratulations, you're retarded.

Have you personally known a drug addict? Do you understand why it is a problem? It's not something that is just a personal problem. Everyone around the drug addict is affected. The drug addict loses all sense of morality. The drug addict lies constantly and steals from their own family. They shoplift, and if they are the dumber type, they commit robberies, home invasions, and prostitute themselves. They pay no taxes because they cannot hold a job. These are often people who have children to care for.

Hard drug users are absolute societal waste. Everything around them is destroyed.

It is completely unacceptable that a civilized nation would legalize drugs. What we should do is institute a mandatory 10 year sentence for ANYONE convicted of selling an addictive drug.

I didn't use a strawman, and I certainly didn't read a logical argument.

Does this include cigarettes and alcohol?

>Have you personally known a drug addict?
yes, many.

>Do you understand why it is a problem?
The problem usually occurs when there is a lack of drugs, not an abundance of them.

>It's not something that is just a personal problem. Everyone around the drug addict is affected.
Make nicotine illegal, watch how quickly those goalposts move.

>The drug addict loses all sense of morality.
Fuck off DARE.

>The drug addict lies constantly and steals from their own family.
Oh look, more bullshit

>Hard drug users are absolute societal waste. Everything around them is destroyed.
Into the trashcan it goes.

dailymotion.com/video/xjobzx_penn-and-teller-s-bullshit-s02e17-war-on-drugs_news

Colorado fag here:
NO! I'm not against people smoking if they want, but legalization brings a few bad things. The worst of which is the phony "Medical Marijuana" industry, which is just a load of hippy pseudoscience - ANYONE, including children can get an MMJ license for a fee paid to a washed out "Doctor". Too many people get these licences and get bluepilled into believing that its OK to wake and bake on their "Medicine" before going off to their job as a schoolbus driver. Its funny how many people think that staying high all day is helping them with their butt-warts. People with genuine medical problems are usually better off with traditional treatments, SEE whatstheharm.org

States considering legalization should look long and hard at Colorado first, and try to learn what works and what doesn't. And for fuck's sake, if you do, just legalize it for recreational use and keep the "Medical" bullshit out of your state!

Hey everyone its DARE

>lolbertarian

Yes you did, I mentioned the _protestant work ethic_ not protestants themselves. You need to understand that drug legislation was mainly drafted at a time when people were dropping like flies (epidemics and the first world war), the idea that taking drugs for pleasure was selfish when they could be used to help the dying was highly prevalent.

Fuck if I said it was a _muslim_ sharia work ethic you wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but because the protestant _work ethic_ was at it's height in government from 1890-1970 and not a muslim one I used that template.

The same can be said for muslims. Am I going after muslims now? After all, the people who took part in both opium wars were mainly protestant.

To a certain degree.

>The drug addict lies constantly and steals from their own family.
>Oh look, more bullshit

>Hard drug users are absolute societal waste. Everything around them is destroyed.
>Into the trashcan it goes.

I can tell from your post that you haven't known any drug addict or are young. I used to have the same opinions as you when I was a teenager and smoked pot.

>lol the war on drugs failed man haha
>just legalize it bro! haha

Be honest with me. Do you or do you not smoke pot? And are you above the age of 21?

Im from fl.. i didnt know weed legalization was up for debate, how do I vote yes?

Medical marijuana should be legal on a federal level. Only recreational use and home-growing should be voted on by each state.

vote no to piss off liberals

Legalization probably won't have as many bad effects in other states as it had in Colorado, though. By being first, it encouraged the entire burned-out, worthless hippie, "dude weed lmao", hobo drifter population to move here. That won't happen in other states, because Colorado already took that hit, and they're too lazy to leave now that they have weed.

Ohio here, and I second this. We had a bill for full legalization up like 6 months ago and even though I could seriously give a fuck about whether or not people smoke (I don't) I was really happy my state voted it down because it would have put the entire industry in the hands of like 10 companies.

Coincidentally we VERY QUIETLY passed really strict medical marijuana legalization earlier this month which I'm for. As of now it's really really broken because it effectively makes it impossible for patients to legally obtain marijuana and the criteria for obtaining a prescription here is insane, but it's a step in the right direction.

Holy shit, I don't even believe it. Are we actually talking about politics on Cred Forums for once and not better ways to suck Donald Trump's cock?

I fucking lived it. I got mowed down by a car when I was 16, broke both legs and tore both cruciate ligaments, as far as pain managment went all I got was tramadol as an outpatient, when offered extremely cheap oxycodone from a family friend I jumped at the opportunity.
Never stole, never lied.
Biggest regret was pissing away savings that I got when I turned 18 on shitty gear, when I turned 20 I first got prescribed subutex and then methadone after subutex (suboxone for most US people) was causing unbearable insomnia. Now I have a job, a prescription and re-saved those savings that I lost, it'll go towards me buying and running a car; which was the original purpose.
Oh I'm also busy doing a degree in organic chemistry/pharmchem.

Here comes the NORML shill regurgitating his programmed pretzel logic about "muh smokes, muh alcohol, fuck the pigs!" B.S. trying to convince everyone else that pot will save the planet. It won't - it's just another bluepill that helps you hide from your normal mental state. You want to, OK, just stop proselytizing like a retarded vegetarian.

SEE ABOVE. You want to smoke stogies, torch a bogie and drink moonshine, go ahead! It's up to you to be a big boy or girl about how you moderate it. Lighting up "Muh medicine" at 06:00 in the morning on Monday if you have a day job is delusional. If you don't have a job, maybe drying out for a while is a good idea.

Once again you don't bother to debate the point but just say I'm spouting bullshit. The statistics speak for themselves.

I would love to see a convincing argument from you stating that drugs are bad other than 'muh opinions'.

bootlicker

degenerate. Leave Cred Forums

So you are at this moment a drug addict?

>religion is dope of the masses
>tv is dope of the masses
>sex is dope of the masses
>hey let's put the government in charge of literal dope

You might be one of the rare exceptions to the rule in terms of pain management. But you are most likely a LARPer, shilling for NORML - We've all heard about the few cases where MMJ has a (possible) benefit but you NORML fags have an activist agenda on MMJ which is 99% bullshit.
You want to smoke pot, go ahead. You want to push states into you agenda based on feels, go back to Berkley.

voting is not gonna accomplish anything.

Cred Forums is alot like Cred Forums You say you hate x buy you've never even tried x you claim you have but we know you haven't. You just base your opinion on what you hear about x.

So what you are saying is we should ban alcohol, right?

Yes How can you ban a plant?

It depends on your manner of classification. I'm physically dependent on methadone but it doesn't get me high so I'm as much a drug addict as any chronic pain patient is. I've been told I'll probably need a new left knee by the time I'm 30 (I'm 23 now) and a new right one shortly after that, it hurts to get up and walk about every day, though I manage to stay fit and do cardio as well as study and maintain a social life.
Oddly most of the people I've seen die have been in alcohol related drug deaths, most of them said the exact same shit "Opiates are evil, I'll never take them *Chain smokes while drinking whiskey*

I have a feeling your question is a loaded one, though at least I've the balls to show my fucking colours and admit that using drugs got on top of me, though my GP as well as my substitute prescribing doctor/s all regard what happened to me as a failing of the NHS as there's a policy not to prescribe opiates stronger than tramadol to anyone under thirty, whereas my grandmother got fentanyl patches (no, I didn't steal them, when she said what she was on I just warned her not to wear them in the bath or put a hot water bottle over one as it increases the rate of diffusion through the skin significantly enough for some people to OD from their prescribed dose) I've been told by both doctors that following a surgery if I've not already come off methadone I'll probably get high dose oxycontin or morphine for the rest of my life, if I do come off methadone I'll still be offered either, but at a lower dose.

..and stogies out of fairness! These "MJ will save the world" fuckers are NAZI bastards. Soon we can't have any fun.

I hope one day TX allows pot. I'm an educated person (Masters) and I plan to get another master and hopefully a PhD.

Instead of taking out student loans I joined the Army for college money. I got hurt and now I suffer from really bad pain making sleeping very difficult. I drink a lot so I don't want to take pain meds and compound the liver damage. If I could smoke pot it would help both areas.

I get a lot of people make up BS problems and get pot but it's no worse than alcohol.

to clarify I only drink at night right before bed. I've never had an alcohol related problem and I drink so I can sleep.

I fucking hate smoking cannabis, but I'm not going to tell someone else what they can and can't do especially when two addictive and highly harmful substances are practically state sponsored.
Cannabis is not a cancer cure, though it can lower nausea as an adunct to chemo, it is not a cure-all, smoking it in excess will damage the lungs just the same as smoking any other plant matter, the fact that it causes a dry mouth is potentially bad for your teeth and I've heard of many a '420blazeit' faggot talking about physical withdrawals so I feel more research needs to be done into it's potential to cause physical dependency; there are however multiple people mentally dependent on it, though they range from idiots to geniuses so I'd rather people have the right to choose rather than be threatened with jail if caught possessing a small amount.

MarĂ­a Juana makes young people commit suicide.. .
So, Yes, You should

Well you told me you "lived" the drug experience.

From what you are telling me you are a taking prescribed and conventional pain medication. What you are doing is legitimate. I have no problem with that.

The problem is the people who are using it recreationally and eventually compulsively as addicts. These people fall into a common pattern of theft, lies and destruction to the people around them. I've gone through it several times. It is always the same with drug addicts, they turn into monsters and societal drains.

Growing pot without drawing attention is complicated by light/energy requirements and mostly by the stink. I can smell an outdoor grow about a half-mile away - An indoor grow is detectable a block or two away.
If LE is busting people for growing plants, its usually pretty easy, even with expensive air filtration.
There are lots of outlaw plants. Opium is extracted from pretty poppies, and it is unarguably a plant with benefits and terrible consequences.

I would, just to get the money out of the cartels and niggers' hands.

Do eet.

yeah, the electric companies also notify law enforcement when there is a spike in electricity usage as well.

It's risky.

>From what you are telling me you are a taking prescribed and conventional pain medication
It is prescribed as opiate substitution, I take three supervised doses a week and take four daily doses home, I pick up my prescription from a (substitute prescribing) doctor.

I would have never been prescribed it for physical pain, I had to be an 'opiate addict' first.

Why not.

You could always run a small scale grow off your telephone line; it gets a constant voltage of about 50-60V DC, I'm not sure if there's a limit on current draw, if you really wanted to set up a small grow you could easily power lightbulbs with an inverter attached to your phone line.

I doubt the phone company watch current draw, or charge you for it either.

I had a few grows a few years back, it can be stressful when it's an illegal activity. After CO legalized, the problem with grows was the high-school kids and scumbags could sniff you out and rip you off before harvest.
After a few grows, I'm happier buying from "Cousin Carlos", it's still cheaper than Bourbon. Fuck the "Dispensories".

No user. Drugs being illegal causes more harm than the drugs themselves. Do some research.

You're an idiot. And an old man I am guessing. Get off the internet grandpa.

Yes.

You want to get high, go ahead. Stop pushing these wore-out hippy memes of saving the planet, you are doing more harm than good.