When Nietszche proclaimed that 'God was dead", he shouting the death of the motive force of European Civilisation

When Nietszche proclaimed that 'God was dead", he shouting the death of the motive force of European Civilisation.

He meant that fear of God has no effect on lifestyle anymore

No he meant that an anthropomorphic Primary Cause was no longer an appropriate organizing principle around which to build systems of thought.

I don't know why I leave /lit/ everyone on every other board is a literal drooling moron.

>he meant
>projecting

Yeah go back to /lit/ you won't last a day here.

People always forgot the integral second part "..and we killed him."

He's declaring more of a victorious statement that we have overcame something ominous and oppressive to us.

>"Where has God gone?" he cried.
>"I shall tell you. We have killed him - you and I. We are his murderers. But how have we done this? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What did we do when we unchained the earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving now? Away from all suns? Are we not perpetually falling? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there any up or down left? Are we not straying as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is it not more and more night coming on all the time? Must not lanterns be lit in the morning? Do we not hear anything yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we not smell anything yet of God's decomposition? Gods too decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we, murderers of all murderers, console ourselves?

This doesn't sound like a rebel celebrating victory over an oppressor to me.

>god
>oppressive
tell me, where did the priest touch you? if you don't want to say it, just point where on the doll.

Now that we got that dealt with, you have to understand that if you think god is really oppressive, you either:
1) made him to be oppressive on yourself or;
2) you were oppressed by a PERSON claiming to hold god's authority or;
3) you're a fucking pussy who thinks any rule shouldn't apply to you because it makes you feel sad, even if those rules are for the well being of yourself and society in the long term.

OP gets it and so does the Pole. The American replying to the Pole is an idiot.

No he is self important retard who said retarded things to be an special snowflake who denied metaphysics

>its universal nothing is universal
>From a particular you can get an universal
>Hur dur
can't even be called philosopher, psychologist/sociologist at best and theres no value in either

Maybe you should stay on /lit/ until you figure it out

Nietszche was a Jewish tool without even realizing it.

Tricked by Jews into attacking Christianity.

Poor fucking autist kraut just needed to get laid.....

you're a retard, if your aim is to do your best to sound like an intellectual go impress friends on /facebook/, nobody gives two shits on pol about what words you can use

if your aim is to communicate then communicate, pretentious ass

/lit/ hasn't made a particularly good impression on me either. So far, /sci/ seems like the only board where everyone is capable of higher level thought, and even then the board is made of freshman, and graduate shitposting.

>muh Ubermensche and Slave Morality
>Cries like a bitch when a horse is whipped to death

>anthropomorphic Primary Cause
faggot.

What would Nietszche say if he saw the world today?

to be fair horses are far more useful than googles, and that horse probably dindu nuffin

Jews love Christianity.

Without Christianity there would be no Israel.

Without America there would be no Jewish power.

Jews hate white men that steer others from slave morality.

Confirmed for never having read Nietzsche or even the aphorism, since the madman is said to be talking to a crowd of atheists. The point is to show the atheists the gravity of their actions.

What an naively analytical and ahistorical approach to a deeply cultural and historical minded thinker. But then again, we are facing about a /lit/ poster.

He overcame metaphysics, he denied nothing, and he believed in the universal of eternity from which all his thought derives.

Actually he highlighted multiple times that Christianity was just a heightened form of Judaism, but that the church and early Europe were shielded from this Judaism and therefore are not in his gaze when he scrutinizes Christianity.

Never happened, ripped straight from Crime and Punishment

/lit/ is a shithole

He would say "I told you so but damn never knew itd get this bad"

He meant europe was degenerating into a godless hedonistic society.

This is what Nietzche would say:

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Morgenröthe: Gedanken über die moralischen Vorurtheile (1881)

"I told you so"

What did he mean by that?

>actually thinks Nietzche is worth spending his time on

Find some real philosophy to read, kid.

Gas the kikes

A much better translation is "The surest way to ruin a youth is by teaching him to respect those think like him more highly than those who think differently." The translation you quoted tries to make it seem like he was attacking all bonds and all groups, which he wasn't.

He meant "the herd man will produce a society of plebeian values that will eventually be conquered by Caesarian spirits."

Implying your degenerate postmodern-European garbage is philosophy