Hey Cred Forums I really need ya

Hey Cred Forums I really need ya.

Got 6 hours to finish a politics essay based on the virtues and limitations of the UN.

Got 6 hrs and 26 minutes.

I've blanked on researching the theme for my sixth body paragraph, which explores the issue that the UN does not have a common military (because many member states rejected it)

1. What use would a common military for the UN have?

2. Which member states rejected this and why?

3. Literally any article about this that /seems/ scholarly would be great.

PLEASE HELP THANKS MATES XOX

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_peacekeeping#Crimes_by_peacekeepers
un.org/en/peacekeeping/issues/military/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1. None: see Serbianca, Rwanda, Palestine, DRC, etc

2. Every nation on the security Council

3. Read a book sometime, nigger

DoYourFuckingHomework/10

Check out the scandal with UN and Rwandan genocide and Politics following the Somalia debacle. Kofi user legedly threw away intelligence about the genocide because he didn't want to see European military active in africa.

UN should serve as a non-emperialist military presence, and thus be able to help stabilize volatile hot spots. There are further political dealings and mistrust, but in theory, blue helmets should represent a sterile military presence justified by international law.

>explores the issue that the UN does not have a common military

90,905 uniformed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_peacekeeping#Crimes_by_peacekeepers

So I guess none of that shit happened. Do your homework and fuck your teacher in the mouth.

Thanks man!

Vote Stein!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, so roughly what percent of the 'peacekeepers' in Somalia [1993] were American?

Procrastinator? You're a weak white. You can't be arsed to finish your studies. You can't be arsed to participate in society.

Americans love their assumptions.

This year my father past, so I have to work 60 hrs a week stacking shelves to support my hopeless, whiny family of women. I think it's fucking remarkable that I'm passing.

It would allow the international courts to try US soldiers on bogus war crimes charges, screw over Israel by backing the Palestinians, and piss on the sovereignty of all member states. I am sure every poor worthless country was in favor of it presuming their leader wasn't awaiting a war crime tribunal. They would get a free army to use with no material efforts of their own required.

Bullshit. Australians brag about government payouts.

It's Srebenica...

You didn't see any retard blue helmets on US soldiers in Blackhawk Down because we would never let our soldiers be ruled by an organization as incompetent and useless as the UN.

Under our new government (Turnbull's liberal party which is right wing), government assistance has been cut dramatically.

In order to get the 'dole', you have to meet a series of strict requirements and once accepted you must work for government payouts. My mother is 'too grief stricken' to do this, but she has been deemed capable of working. As our house is an asset, she cannot get assistance as a widow, but we wouldn't be able to buy another house suitable for 7 in the current housing market.

GET INFORMED. CLASSIC AMERICAN DOESN'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYWHERE THAT ISN'T AMERICA.

>didn't see any retard blue helmets on US soldiers in BHD

>blockbuster film made by Americans, for Americans.

I understand why your government would be hesitant to teach you guys how to think critically and look out for bias in high school, could ruin everything.

Bump this is interesting

>implying whites are eligible for welfare

Australia is the lap dog to our lap dog (UK). I can see why your government would train you to be hypercritical about countries that are capable of controlling their destinies. Your Australian Peso turned to toilet paper after the Chinese economy softened, and you lost your number one export, Steve Irwin.

Top kek that you think I'm being hypercritical, if anything I'm going easy on ya buddy.

>countries that are capable of controlling their destinies

Do you really think that you're in control of your own destiny, user? You've been raised to blindly believe myriad falsehoods about history, current politics, the way in which you're viewed by the international community and your country's core ethos.

Forget destiny mate, you barely understand reality.

For the record, I'm not claiming that Aus is much better, but at least I was taught the true nature of cold war conflicts in an unbiased matter. Quick question: who won the Vietnam war?

And obviously ACDC is our number one export you retard.

I was speaking about America in reference to controlling our destiny. If America chose to blockade Australia tomorrow, you would just curl up your butt cheeks and say "thank you sir may I have another."

And yes, America bailed out Australia from an embarrassing defeat by the Japanese during WW2. They kicked your ass all the way across Papua/New Guinea until our naval presence drew their attention away. You are welcome.

When one suckles on the teet of America's security, one should not act as if their criticism of America's foreign policy is worthy of any consideration. You can just say thanks and shut the fuck up.

>Your Australian Peso turned to toilet paper after the Chinese economy softened
Nope
>They kicked your ass all the way across Papua/New Guinea until our naval presence drew their attention away.
Hello Douglas, didn't know you were still alive.

This sounds like some highschool shit. Am I some old dude talking to a bunch of kids?

>benefits of a common military
idk I'd say it'd make things quicker instead of relying on nations donating volunteer peacekeepers. iirc poor nations tend to send in lots of peacekeepers because they can't pay for them, instead the UN does it for them. But anyway remember the slow response time in Rwanda? I'm sure they want to avoid another situation like that.

>member states rejecting it
no idea, I'm sure many are against it since it could mean that they feel they may lose sovereignty, others may oppose it on the grounds that the UN is supposed to stay mostly peaceful

>articles
idk
un.org/en/peacekeeping/issues/military/

Moron