Is renting the biggest scam to young people's livelyhoods going?

Is renting the biggest scam to young people's livelyhoods going?

Literally having your own home owned by somebody else who can evict you in a relatively short amount of time at any time, who can usually raise rents (effectively a way to extract and drain money from you at any time), who can force you to maintain their property to a high standard for them or again drain you of money via deposits, and with the entire system used for market capitalism that guarantees rents are going to rise. It's the ultimate form of cucking people.

You should not be satisfied with it and do everything you can to get your own home or you'll forever be exploited. And then they're telling young people now that renting is the inescapable future and home ownership is a luxury of the *cough*babyboomer*cough* past.

The last thing the bankers are going to know is what being on fire feels like.

Buy a house you slappy niggers

Renting as been around for ever. Just buy a house if you are not happy it's eaier than ever today.

I refuse to rent. yes I live with my grandmother, yes it die inside a little more every day BUT AT LEAST I'm not paying for some asian landlords children future. Every pound I earn goes directly towards my future which I kinda thought was the point..?
I might be wrong.
The only con I can see with this is that is effects your social/love life but who the fuck wants one of those these days anyway?

Well unfortunately it's either I pay thousands of dollars a year for rent or pay tens of thousands for a mortgage. The only places where buying a house is feasible for young people are in the shitty, boring parts of the country.

This. The amount banks make off of the interest paid on mortgages is staggering. I'd rather rent and be mobile, but to each their own.

>easier than ever

That's bullshit.
>we want X% down
>CFPB adding tons of layers to the paperwork
>Modern construction companies cut ALL the corners

>implying young people save their earnings enough to put a $10,000, let alone $100,000 deposit down

Renting is for morons.

For the down payment I'll make, my mortgage rate will be lower than the cheapest apartments near me.

Not related to politics though.

I really don't understand your complains man.
>an evict you in a relatively short amount of time at any time,
30 days is more then enough time to find another apartment.
>who can usually raise rents
They can only do that once a year, and only by up to 1.5%
>force you to maintain their property
You mean like sweep your floors and wipe your counters? How is that a problem? Any issues with the building itself is handled by, and paid for by the company you're renting from. Unless you did the damages yourself.
>drain you of money via deposits
You mean the one time deposit of half a months rent or less? That you get back at the end?

The fuck are you on about mate.

if that's your view, never EVER buy anything that says ''Made in China'', unless you want to sponsor their government, so then they come here with big companies and buy out every single house.

unfortunately for me I can't afford an average of 300 grand house, so for now I will have to get on with what I have

>The fuck are you on about mate.
>30 days is more then enough time to find another apartment.
what it you are happy where you are, your job depends on it. you have just had a kid or a million other reasons why you dont want to go?
>They can only do that once a year, and only by up to 1.5%
sounds great you fucking retard.
>You mean like sweep your floors and wipe your counters? How is that a problem? Any issues with the building itself is handled by, and paid for by the company you're renting from. Unless you did the damages yourself.
landlords rarely fix things on time and are almost garunteed to try and take at least some if not all of your deposit for the slightest little scratch or stain etc. it got so bad in England they had to bring in an independent body to try and stop the scam but it still exist. I should know as 80% of my work is fixing and decorating rentals.
>You mean the one time deposit of half a months rent or less? That you get back at the end?
like I said, this is rare and the landlord knows it.

not to mention you are throwing 70-80% of your income directly down the shitter every single day

I can't tell if you have been lucky or are extremely naive.

i'm finally making the move to own a home. if you are renting and not putting all of your extra funds into a fund for a home, you will never be able to save more than a little bit each month.

i don't feel like the amount of money you need to put down on a house is too exorbitant, especially in my area. In the midwest you can get a nice 3 bedroom house with a finished basement for 60k. if I am correct (I could be wrong) you could get a house by only putting 8k down. Your mortgage would be something like 300 a month, instead of paying 600+ in rent for a 1 bedroom apartment. Yeehaw.

>what it you are happy where you are, your job depends on it
I don't know of anyone who can't move a block with 30 days notice, job, kid, whatever.
>sounds great you fucking retard.
the fuck does that mean
>landlords rarely fix things on time and are almost garunteed to try and take at least some if not all of your deposit for the slightest little scratch or stain et
I've called at midnight for an issue, landlord puts you up in a hotel for the night and they bring someone in next morning.
>like I said, this is rare and the landlord knows it.
If your landlord doesn't give you back the deposit, fucking sue them man.
>70-80% of your income directly down the shitter every single day
Jesus fuck, rent should never be more then 1/3 your income. not 70-80%

Sounds like perhaps your issue isn't with renting. It's with England being fucking uncivilized.

times that by at least 15 for me and the poor fucks in relevant parts of the UK

>inb4 move up north

renting will suck you dry like a cock n balls

>I don't know of anyone who can't move a block with 30 days notice, job, kid, whatever.
tryt not to miss the point. I said what if they dont want to. why should they? its not ideal, admit it.
how much does the average move cost..
I understand your point but thats not the end of the story is it now.
>the fuck does that mean
it means how it sounds.
every year you live your rent goes up.
sounds - fucking - great - doesn't - it
>I've called at midnight for an issue, landlord puts you up in a hotel for the night and they bring someone in next morning.
well then Canada is way ahead of the curve. our experiences do not match up on this so neither of us is wrong nor correct.
>Jesus fuck, rent should never be more then 1/3 your income. not 70-80%
agreed but in London for example, thats the norm.
People are even engaged in auctions for the highest price now on rentals. Its sick

>Sounds like perhaps your issue isn't with renting. It's with England being fucking uncivilized.

damn. i think you got me on this one.
I fucking hate England lol

Is "owning a house" a scam?
>muh land and property taxes

That sucks man. I feel like if I lived in the UK I would be moving to where the property is cheap. I don't feel much need to live in a popular area. My goal long term is to be renting out this house in the midwest as a source of income, and eventually I want to also buy a home in the pacific northwest, a few hour drive away from the rocky mountains so I can ski.

If I lived in Europe I think I would want to buy property in Spain in the country. that sounds nice.

>dont want to. why should they
If you don't want to be evicted, don't do anything worthy of one. If you get evicted for no cause, FUCKING SUE. You'll win.
>does the average move cost.
for a renter? like 50 bucks for a u-haul, and another 50 for beer and pizza for your friends.
>very year you live your rent goes up
Every year you live, the cost of everything goes up. 1.5% is less then fucking inflation man

As for the other shit, Christ, you people need to put some fucking regulation on your rental industry.

sounds comfy bro. I wish you luck with it all.
Im just working in the city trying my best to scrap enough money together for a house.
I could get one that s falling apart in 5 or 6 years somewhere up north but the catch is there is no work and its a wasteland.
only way you can secure a proper future in this country is to avoid debt and get on the property ladder but fuck me - its takes the average citizen 2/3rd of their life to achieve this.

anyway. I'm done moaning now, good luck to you user, all the best.

fair play. we got a lot of problems.
I guess I was just trying to say the whole thing stinks.
its fine if you are some sort of high flying business type, intact its beneficial but for your average bloke over her you will find it very hard to actually own your own life one day.

>>Modern construction companies cut ALL the corners
they do it even more with rental units

Eh, I wouldn't want to own anyway.
Have to stay in once play for 15-20 years.
Have to pay to fix anything that breaks due to normal use
Have to pay gas, heat and water
Have to pay property taxes and shit
And you get to pick between a 20+ year old place that's starting to need repairs, or a brand new place that will start falling apart within the decade too.

A home is only cheaper then rent after you've finished paying the mortgage. Because most people don't have a mill+ lying around.

it sure is.. I have $98k invested into mine.. its paid for. Property tax is 900/yr. I could sell it this week for $300k

each to their own I suppose.
we must have dramatically different systems in our countries.
for the white families of this country its all about owning your own home to grow old in.
if you have kids its probably better to be stable and allow them to grow up in the same house with the same friends and let them grow up to be part of that society.

also the houses they are building now in this country are fucking shit. windows literally smaller than the laptop I am typing on now etc...

I guess Im just worried about getting old

>all these salty homeowners

Renting is a legitimate means of spending your money on accommodation under the right market circumstances. For instance, I live in Darwin, which is currently experiences a drop in housing prices. Add to that the transition to the wet season and as a result rent prices are very low, substantially less than mortgage repayments.
Taking advantage of the underpriced rent market I can save the money I earn to invest it more productively in other areas that are likely to give returns. Owning a home doesn't generate you any income at the moment and it only ties you to a particular city.

k. keep me posted

been saving since i started working at 16. have ~80k saved up

Maybe if "investors" weren't aloud to own a shit load of properties this wouldn't be an issue

>do everything you can to get your own home
schlomo detected

that's one broken arm

Yeah its a much better idea to get tied down to a house in Nebraska and get stuck paying homeowners insurance and taxes!