Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6AAhTw7RA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gila_monster
youtube.com/watch?v=A1vyB-O5i6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i actually have proof of the Loc-

Three Fitty

Levitate is the correct answer.

People can levitate with the help of technology (like magnetic fields or microgravity) Lochness cannot exist.

Some people can levitate if they are on a special machine, so I suppose that could be true. This defense will of course cost you... oh, I say about three fiddy.

That implies that any given class of 2016 knows what 'levitate' means or 'loch ness' even is.

>American education

Why the fuck are people being asked retarded questions like this?

>learning this shit

>not learning Latin, Ancient Greek and about the battle of Issos

wtf America
Classical education has to return

and i can build a robot lochness monster with the help of some technology :^)
oh wait that wasnt the question

Nigger, it's part of the IB diploma. TOK class. You eurocucks made this shit, not us.

But then the person isn't levitating, the equipment they're using is.

It's like if you travelled by plane to your wife's son's graduation. The plane itself flew, you just sat in a chair for a few hours.

The question doesn't specify that.

>"I'm flying a plane"
>"I'm flying"

>learning dead languages

What meme course are you doing user?

What's the correct answer supposed to be and what kind of class is this for? I minored in philosophy in college and I don't even know what the right answer is supposed to be.

One cannot disprove the existence of something.

One can prove physics with scientific method.

Thus levitation is less likely.

what an incredible question

And what if you float over a high speed gigantic fan.Its technically levitation.

well there is a precedent for undiscovered animals and even lots of crazy giant deep ocean animals are found all the time. there are no flying people though

It's the correct answer. The question is not which statement is wrong (they both are) but, given the natural imperfection and incompleteness of our knowledge, which statement is less likely to be true.

It is still possible that a 'monster' exist(ed) near Loch Ness, it would rewrite some of our current understanding of (paleo)zoology but it wouldn't completely falsify it. Levitating humans, on the other hand, would be in complete opposition to 300+ years of physics and, given the centuries of experiments and lack of a proven instance of levitation, cause us to rewrite most of the fundaments of what we assumed was true.

It's not like we're talking about Candle Jack you fu

Do you not see the value in teaching critical thinking? If more Americans were able to approach problems logically and with supportive backup facts and reasons, we would be in a much better place.

>Are you kidding me???

APPROPRIATING MUH CULTURE FOR SILLY EXAM QUESTIONS. REEEEEEE.

But it also says 'some people'. Surely if it's just a piece of equipment, anybody would be able to levitate, not just some.

Although, playing devil's advocate, the word 'levitate' also means to cause something to levitate, so I guess the use of magnets/fans etc on an item would count.

Kill yourself, pleb. Those dead languages are the skeleton of western language and teach important root foundations that are useful for learning any romance language in addition to fields like medicine or law.

Besides that, they give students a window into the glory of a true republic, as well as why they crumble and turn into imperial dictatorships/failed states

>You can prove the monster doesnt exist by draining the Loch and not finding it
>You cant prove that some people can levitate and just dont do it

People must be killed

ugh that is sickening.

Loch Ness monster is objectively less true as there are plenty of "levitation" tricks all over the magic performance scene. As those tricks are defined as levitation and some of the tricks are a self made claim by the magician where he "levitates", some people can actually levitate.
Now if someone ever forced the issue and demanded that the trick not be considered "levitation" and legally forced magic acts to change the name, then you say it was false, but that is not the case.
The Loch Ness monster has never been properly evidenced to say that it exists beyond hearsay and vague photos that don't show real proof.

muh latin texts

the Loch Ness monster is real goys now keep visiting Scotland and keep trying to find it.

>You can prove the monster doesnt exist by draining the Loch and not finding it
What makes you think the Loch Ness Monster cannot breathe air and would leave?

Also, this hasn't been done, so we only have current evaluation criteria.

poo in loo

You can ask every human if they're able to levitate and to do a demonstration if they claim they can.

I hate how some faggots shorten the Loch Ness monster to "Loch Ness". Loch Ness is a place, faggots.

>implying it hasn't been dead for 100 years and had no bones

We know nothing about Nessie. We know everything about physics.

YES, MUH LATIN TEXTS

>inb4 10 Reasons Why Chinese is the Language of the Future

Underrated

what's the difference between irish and scottish people?

>not knowing that the Loch Ness Monster is real

The fact you guys consider yourself """"""""""redpilled"""""""""" is an absolute joke, it really is

Would it be considered levitating if it occurred in a low-gravity environment? Surely the bar can be lowered in some ways to achieve the effect of levitation.

Is this fucking high school philosophy? Please tell me it's not a real test question

> poorly worded
> "with reasons" ambiguous prompt
> no real correct answer
> based on opinion and assumptions
> pretending this is reasonable and straightforward

Is this what common core considers critical thinking?

>We know everything about physics
Then explain to me what Dark Matter really is.

It is a money-making machine. Nessie is worth millions to Scotland every year.

Come on, leaf. You can ask a person that can levitate and he says no for some reason.
Your plan is shit.

>learning languages that aren't spoken by a large percentage of the population

>not learning mathematics and science, the language that the entire universe understands

no, fuck YOU pleb.

Zygon detected

Just because the thing is called the ¨Lochness Monster¨ doesn´t mean it still lives there. Draining the loch wouldn´t prove shit other than it isn´t in the loch. Dumb cunt.

Dear dingleshit;

what does dark matter have to do with classical mechanics? No one can utilize dark matter to levitate if no one understands it.

Signed;
the rational non-dingus

Oy Vey it's annuda Highland clearance!
Shut it down.

but the japanese language has been folded over 10000 times
learning chinese is as worthless as latin

why not teach something useful like how to write a resume, how to balance a checkbook, how to fix a flat tire, how to cut fat / bulk up instead

Dude you act like anyone on this board is old enough to remember who the fuck Candle Jack is, like that's such an old me

dark matter is the space between subatomic molecules. it is considered matter because the gravitational attraction gives this empty space a sort of 'weight' and 'density'.

What a stupid question.

Both don't exist so how do you measure 'less likely'? That's completely subjective, there isn't a right answer.

> Chinese is a dead language

Dude how do you function by yourself

your handwriting is total and complete shit. kys

> We know everything about physics.

Then why do quantum particles exist in multiple states simultaneously?

The Loch Ness Monster living in Loch Ness is an enormous part of the folklore. Its also said to be an aquatic being, so you cant argue "it just left via land or air lol". At that point it ceases to be the LNM we talk about.
If its a real animal and you would find another one of its kind somewhere else, it wouldnt be the Loch Ness Monster either.
Dumb cunt.

There are under water tunnels between Loch Ness and the sea.

The levels of peat in the water makes the loch one of the worst bodies of water in the world for under water visibility.

As a Scotsman. From near loch ness. I can confirm the Beastie is real.

>Highschoolers are smartasses
More at 11.

Why? He's wearing gloves and everything looks clean.

Orrrr it's a volume of Minkowski spacetime where "time" has been frozen. Mass continues to exist and exert gravitational pull, but EM does not escape the volume, making it appear like a void.

Learn your theory bro

FUCK OKAY I ADMIT I WORDED MY ANSWER BADLY I MEANT WE KNOW ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A HUMAN TO LEVITATE WITH NO ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT AND OUR CURRENT UNDERSTANDING OF PHYSICS

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU SO HARD I FUCKING HATE YOU STOP BEING SO FUCKING FUCK YOU FUCK FUCK FUCK

only 1/7 people speak chinese
everyone I know at the local speaks english

There's no evidence that the loch ness monster exists, and people CAN levitate with technology...
Maglev, for example, is real. People sitting in a Maglev train, ARE technically, levitating...

>You don't need living languages. Everybody of worth speaks English.

Learning Latin and Greek has created all the great men of history we admire here.

When we stopped doing it, the West became shittier by the day.

I just read the whole thing as a statement and found it utterly profound

Truly the loch Ness monster doesn't defy physics. With this law in place gravity is able to play under his might tree or reality without fear of foxes

i hate asians so fucking much

Cant I just do a bunch of murder in that area and they would start calling me the lochness monster?

Its a stupid question.

kek, nice b8

It's not bait.

Visit Scotland

Because it's easy as fuck. No teaching necessary. History, Literature, classical philosophy (incl. classical languages), math, physics, chemistry, biology are - in that order - the important subjects.

>people should learn ancient greek
kill yourself
there's a mediocre (at best) case to be made for lating but ancient greek is such a coloccal waste of time that you should probably just kill yourself now.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6AAhTw7RA

>discover new species of fish
>name it loch ness monster
>loch ness monster now exists

didn't stop them from dying though

hm rly mk u tnk

Most accounts of it show as some kind of plesiosaur, which can breath air. It would still be impractical for it to leave, though.

>no knowing that Nessy is actually obama

at the height of my knowledge of latin i could (slowly) read italian, spanish, french and romanian. kinda portugese but shit that is a weird one.

KEK confirms! This theory also allows FTL travel by "hopping" across volumes of null-time.

Space is continuous, time is incremental :^)

oooh look at me, I know the old memes! I'm such an old fag look at me guys! haha dude don't even bother with those old memes, only a select few elite users from the chans know about those old memes! ONLY 90s memers will get this!

must of been shit at ordering at mcdonalds

Both seens false.

But the Loch Ness Monster wins. The lake was already mapped

I'm more worried about the red dot I've been seeing coming in through my window, I think there might be a sn

Astronauts levitate.

No, the case for learning Latin is not better than for learning Greek.

Latin doesn't help you with romance language as much as a modern romance language. (E.g. learning Spanish helps you more with learning Italian, French etc. than learning Latin)

It's about training the brain to decipher these hard language and doing that on the literature that laid the foundation of the west.

Centuries of Western men learned that stuff and conquered the world and here you come and say we should learn how to do our taxes (which is easy) or learn the theory of relativity (which is just as necessary as classical languages, but has no track record of making men to superior beings of themselves).

>fuck your (((modern education)))

You can observe the entirety of Loch Ness but you can't observe every human that has ever lived

why would you not add ketchup to that burger?

get over yourselves, faggots. do you think when the latin language was at its height, the romans learned the other ancient italic languages and pretended to be better for it? no. the only reason roman scholars learned greek is because it was a highly prolific language that continued to produce intellectual works. the only reason scholars 500 years ago learned and wrote in latin is because it was a mark of elitism. you've wasted countless hours of your time to learn a bunch of useless shit.

The Loch Ness monster could've died

your average leafposter, everyone

>adding a condition that Nessie is indefinitely contained to Loch Ness

Try again

I think this Briton really gets it. I really hope he does.

It's about explaining why either of which is less likely to exist not what you think exists...

"If it's a real animal then it wouldn't be the Loch Ness Monster".

Nice logic there, Deutschbag. I guess you also just proved that people can levitate.

>Astronauts levitate.
What the fuck are you talking about?

yep but you need to TACH before ASKING..these kid obviously had not a clue what critical thinking was..your educational system is a failure lets be real..

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gila_monster

so, you're saying some people can levitate - the reason being that the loch ness monster doesn't defy physics? sorry bro, but you're retarded

yep..and thats why we italians/spanish/french can read other latin dervied lenguages and understand a bit of it while dumb americans can't understand anything but English in general...

I mean..if you read "cannone" how can you NOT see that is similar to cannon? or Kanonen? Still msot muricunts dont get it..cous your education system is shit ..and that creates more crakers and niggers..

And basically it will always be WORSE ..SJWs, niggers, new age marxists..alla result of the deficiencies of the US education system.

There is nothing wrong with this answer, pretty brilliant actually. I'm sure you can give a correct answer for either one of them.

you are no true scotman..look at your flag..you got cucked by English ISP.

>some people can levitate because the loch ness moster doesnt defy physies

What the fuck who wrote this? Wgat thought process is this. Literal autism

Its the question that is retarded

Holy shit this is so ol

liberal arts major detected

where does making foam art lie on that scale

You dumb fuck I said if it exists and is some kind of animal but you find a different one somewhere else it wouldnt be the actual LNM

Agreed.

some truth in what you say..but the point is that a PROPER EDUCATION means learning 1 or more lenguages. Its PROVEN that education systems that teach more than 1 lenguage (not only the language in itself but also the culture, the literature etc) creates BETTER students and better people.

Sadly modern education is gradually moving to an english only education.

What is an actual loch ness monster?

i actually have proof of Hil

haha look at me everyone I'm an oldfag because I know what candle jac

youtube.com/watch?v=A1vyB-O5i6E
Prophets of kek can levitate.

You're supposed to type Candlejack before you fucking disappear you goddamn newfa

The very specific one thats living in the Loch Ness and was allegedly seen by people. Are you this dense?

>who is Chris Angel
>who is David Blaine

How can it both be specific and not exist at the same time?

I think you're the one with autism lad.

Ever play Bioshock: Infinite? If not, get ready to have your mind blown.

I can't help but notice you didn't actually use his name. You're not afraid of Candlejack are you, you smelly mapl

Westerners are hypocrites. Our food suffers just as much. Abattoirs are notorious for their animals cruelty and being staffed with total weirdos.

What is good about Westerners is that we are not completely blind to suffering. We at least don't stare soullessly at it in another creature without feeling anything.

what if you ask a astronaut on the ISS?

Look at this fucking guy.
All high and mighty because he knows the correct way to use the candlejack me

>Not posting the master of levitating people

How are you still able to send the post?

Not knowing that the lochness monster is a dinosaur

Some people can levitate with technology depending on what you consider levitating, the "Loch Ness Monster" could be anything with that name.

If you think levitate has to be physics defying magic I guess that's the right answer.

Kek your TOK sounds like ass.
Man I have fond memories of that class. Trolley problems, Plato's cave. Got really heated with a guy who thought that artist's intent defined the meaning of a piece of art. When we talked about censorship the teacher and I were the only ones not afraid of using nigger in an academic context.

He
Sends
It
Himself

The Loch Ness Monster is the thing that people saw, so it exists, even if it's an illusion of some sort
Levitating is impossible

Its the new liberal view that everyone is right

Levitation is totally real. I've haf drrams about it. Is pretty boring and weird. Is like rollerblading but really fast but also slow.

People are constantly levitating at a quantum level.

>doing the IB diploma
fucking hell if you had any social life say goodbye to it

What kind of fucking question is this?

JUST

aren't there those faggot nun dudes in asia and shit that can apparently levitate?

the question is stupid anyway because nessie is real.

>Class of 2016
you mean Class of 2017. Class of 2016 graduated in June.
t. Class of 2016.

Animals don't suffer nearly as much as humans. The more evolved you are, the more capable of suffering you are. The largest part of human suffering is psychological. Animals don't have that.

Candle Jack has always been a gay meme.

Goddammit monster! Do you think I got tree fiddy just laying around so that I can just give you tree fiddy?!?!

one is a statement of fact/truth to the person saying it
one is a possibility
"The loch ness monster exists" is typically one that's said by believers, it's a statement of fact for that person.
example
White privilege exists
Some people have white privilege
see the difference?
Its how you know the SJW, BLM all the cultural Marxists are really just idiots the will heel to the boot of any authoritative figure.

The correct answer is to convince the teacher to like you in advance so that you get good grades when they subjectively grade this sort of shit.

No human has ever been found to have the power to levitate without the aid of some outside force or device.

Large aquatic organisms exist in some abundance, however extensive studies of the lake rumored to hold the Loch Ness monster show no such organism.

From the standpoint of logic, the existence of a large aquatic organism is more feasible than a human developing the ability to spontaneously levitate without outside assistance.

This is a mental exercise, it's not a simple logic question with a 'true/false' matrix.

Is it ok?

no words have power, even more so now that people consume them less in terms of entertainment
They consume them in the forms of texts, forums and only in books that their college/high school teachers have them learn as factual information
What do you think happens if a student challenges a Feminist studies teacher's subject topic, they are put in their place
>Men have privilege
>men make more than women
>Women can do any job a man can do
They are statements that can not be challenged by the people who are taught them
Imagine a SJW course teacher admitting any of those statements are false
it breaks the entire narrative they've built
That's why the just remove the student or more will start to question the narrative
It's why they internet fucks them in the end

what sort of retarded shit is this? literally what's the purpose of this garbage? is this the infamous Common Core? this looks like something out of Harry Potter or a village school in 1827

>reddit

>hurr durr nothing you do is important because your going to die
are you by chance retarded?

It's a retarded TOK class, it's where pseudo intellectuals go to think they have a brain

I think you are desu