Internet hand over of icann

The main question I have with this whole debacle rather than it's going to be handed over to the United Nations or taken over by foreign investors is why?

Why is this even a thing? Why was it even needed to be handed over in the first place?
Was there something wrong with it? Was it broken? Did it need fixing?

Why was something in which absolutely nothing was wrong with needed to be handed over to others and then from us having absolute control in which nothing was broken to now having to fight with veto power that other countries some of which you have problems with free speech possess also?

Why is this even a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V0lMrFMYKv8
youtube.com/watch?v=eyJFRTJgPbU
youtube.com/watch?v=YZz0FOzZig4
youtube.com/watch?v=zM6p5f428Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=QNjx_HHnmFU
youtube.com/watch?v=a2q5W8jy1rM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because Obama is a cunt

But why? Why fix what isn't broken

Bump

The UN is growing up. It will be like Star Trek in 100 years.

He plans a UN bid post presidency.

Obama needs something America will remember him by. Even if it's bad decision.

Because it's 2016.

How dare a country with true freedom of speech keep the Internet own and free. That's so bigoted.

Because they hate free speech, yeah? It's that simple.

People with power and a lot to lose want to stop the spread of information.

The internet poses a threat and they want it on a leash. Simple.

bump

We need to decentralise the internet and we need to do it quickly.

So money is going to be obsolete?

There are rumors that support your claim.

Because of Obama's (((half)))white guilt.

Money puts a price on scarcity, so if we can produce more than we can consune then money is technically obsolete then.

Internet belongs to everyone not us America. So fuck you, fuck your fbi CIA nsa Hillary etc
Fuck
You

>The UN is growing up. It will be like the UN in Macross in 100 years.

You think the US is bad now, wait until the UN controls everything.

Not unless the senate or house vetoes!

Countries already produce more than they consume. What happens with the overhead. It gets destroyed.

are you this autistic?
It's not the internet, there isn't an internet server.
It's the ips of websites operating in the us

For the good of (((globalism)))

How many years away do you think we are from an actual, outright NWO one world government?

I'd say about 30.

Never gonna happen. They are too far behind in their plans.

I think it's just around the corner. I'd say less than 12 years.

kys

How do we find each other on shortwave after the Silence falls?

Get a callsign.

tunnels is one way to communicate

Flashlights

Underage Leafy fan detected

The Internet is the future of sales. Big Box stores like Malls are crumbling and people are turning too food grocery deliveries because more people want to lose weight then having to check every label. The Rich want too stay Rich.

So where are we going to congregate after they shut Cred Forums down?

kys faggot

sadly most normies only care about being able to watch their cat videos and shitpost on facebook.

as long as they can access their twitter to shitpost about them taking a shit on the toliet, they're happy.

plus with the new age PC movement, many normies are starting to support the idea of free speech suppression

They want it established by 2030 , there is documentation that proves it. Wether or not they will happen because of brexit and possibly trump remains to be seen but if you look at how globalized the world has become just under Obama imagine another 8 years of Clinton and we're not far off.

>Because Obama is a cunt
This.

Urbanfags like Obama want to create uniformity between population sinks so that they no longer have to compete. He doesn't see NYC as an American city but as a city that controls much of America. This is typical urban elitism.

Giving the internet to urbanfags(Euros and their colonies) will no doubt lead to a uniform drive to make it more "urban friendly" and "socially-acceptable"(i.e. censorship)

>It will be like Star Trek in 100 years.
No it won't. The UN is made up mostly of "former" colonies who are still client states of Eurofags. The Federation was at least made up of alien nationstates.

Because of the "rise in hate speech, islamophobia and nationalism" are threatening the "safety" of "good citizens".
Next lvl censorship inc.

IRL.
There's upsides and downsides to this, but I think ((they're)) trying to draw us out into the open. Be careful.

It's gaining momentum. That is, if icann indeed gets handed to the UN. It will be the world government (federation).

Is there any chance of a veto?

Obama will just bypass congress. He's done it before hasn't he?

It could be done in another 12 years, assuming Hillary gets the next two terms, and then either something happens allowing her/her VP to take the third term, or a globalist (((Republican, by then))) gets the next lead. By then there'll be enough tension in the world for things to break and we'll reassemble into a NWO.

New world order would lead us to tge anti christ

Hopefully

youtube.com/watch?v=V0lMrFMYKv8
youtube.com/watch?v=eyJFRTJgPbU
youtube.com/watch?v=YZz0FOzZig4
youtube.com/watch?v=zM6p5f428Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=QNjx_HHnmFU
youtube.com/watch?v=a2q5W8jy1rM

Save them while you can faggots. If shit gets real meet winter solsis in Norways Troll Church

God
Be
With
You
All

nice name, namefag
can i get in on your rp?
-----
also, isn't that like the worst possible thing?

They're consolidating the most important and the most free as in freedom communication platform in the hands of the UN. It's all part of the plan to create a global government. You can google agenda 21 and how it's being covertly pushed on county and city level while you sleep. Once the internet is completely centralized and completely controlled by a single entity redpilling will have to roll back to stone age tech, meaning (((they))) will go virtually unopposed.

You're our only ally in this, Russia.
Your country is a bastion of freedom.
Pls help us dayoftheropeify the libtards

Russia doesn't have 1st amendment, has censorship as part of Constitution and is the leader of Internet control (well it is actually China because Russians can't do even bans right)

All of this makes a whole lot more sense when you stop looking at decisions and issues as "left vs right" and realize that the stage has been set for political conflicts to revolve around "nationalists vs globalists".

Obama does not hide that he is more in favor of a globalized world and pursuing things in a globalist interest than any particular nationalist interest. He's admitted this in his books, various interviews, and in his rationale for various decisions. To him and others like him, the nation-state is an antiquated notion.

To people who are nationalist minded, DNS being based in the U.S. and other important aspects of the internet's infrastructure being based in the U.S. is a great advantage for the U.S. It's not just DNS, but since the internet as we know it (not just ARPANET but the NSFnet and other elements that got attached) was founded in America, many of the largest Backbones and Internet Exchange Points (IXPs) are also based in the U.S.

TL;DR Obama realizes that the internet is an important American asset, he just doesn't care because he cares about global interests over American interests, and has admitted as such multiple times.

Wasn't he vetoed today. 97 to 1?

As my grandmammy once said: "if it aint white, it aint right"

I know this whole situation seems bad, and it is bad, but there are reasons to be optimistic. You guys put way too much faith in the competence and capability of regulating bodies, whether national or global. You're underestimating how enormous the internet is when you factor in sites that can't be reached through DNS already.

Remember, most normies can't even find web sites without a search engine, and sites (8ch being one) not even being indexed by (((google))) is already common. Fuck, police can't even stop the absolutely enormous flow of drugs being sold on the deep web. Pirate Bay doesn't even stay shut down for more than short periods at a time.

Another reason to be optimistic is low tech solutions often defeat high tech interference and methods of control.

Also consider that all the internet is is a series of routers, cables, servers, LANs, and other infrastructure that adhere to certain technical protocols so the hardware elements can talk to each other. It's not impossible, but also not easy, to operate outside of the typical protocols already in place.

You can't control populations entirely with overt control, people get controlled by more passive means, like making them weak, ignorant, apathetic, and feminine.

He vetoed a bill by Congress that involved families of 9/11 victims being able to sue the Saudi government for it's involvement and aiding in the preparation of the 9/11 attacks.

Despite the veto, Congress was able to override the veto with a 2/3 majority, the first time it's happened in his presidency, but certainly not unprecedented (it happened most often during Andrew Johnson's presidency after the Civil War over Reconstruction legislation). I want to say the Senate nearly unanimously voted for the veto override.

That's just the Saudi Arabian Bill Obongo wanted to pass

He didn't want it to pass. The reason was ostensibly because it could open up the possibility for the U.S. government being sued due to the various actions of diplomats, military personnel, businessmen, aid works, etc around the world. On one hand, I was thinking he vetoed it because of Saudi cock up his ass like most US presidents, but then again he's done a lot to piss off the Saudis in the last few years so it's hard to say.

>vetoed a bill by Congress that involved families of 9/11 victims being able to sue the Saudi government for it's involvement and aiding in the preparation of the 9/11 attacks.
my fucking lord.
Obongo is literally just a jaded cunt, isn't he?
If I were married to a trannie, I would be too

I explain his stated rationale a couple posts down. I imagine the reason the veto override was successful was because of how politically unpopular it would be to act against the interest of 9/11 victim families and considering elections are coming up for Congress. Obama doesn't have to care about being reelected and his veto wouldn't really affect Hillary politically.

What's amazing is how in the media, Obama can essentially do no wrong. No matter what happens, it's never his fault and he bears no responsibility, yet are quick to lay credit upon him when something good does happen, even if it's just a monthly jobs report.

>it's going to be handed over to the United Nations
What? I thought it was going to ICANN? What's with this UN meme/scare tactic? Can anyone explain it to me?

Isn't the decision to hand control of government assets to outward entities something that must go through congress?

And they always assume the noblest intentions behind his actions. It's like Dale Carnegie said in How to Win Friends and Influence People, there's two reasons behind why anyone does anything; the stated reason and the real reason. (His suggestion to help personal relationships by assuming the more noble-sounding reason).

ICANN is fucking garbage anyway, let the UN run it into the ground. It's only good for south asian shitskins who crawl it for new domain registrations so they can harass people from 10 different spoofed numbers trying to sell some Full Sail tier web development