What if you were required to have a certain level of education before you were allowed to vote in a government election?

what if you were required to have a certain level of education before you were allowed to vote in a government election?

Who, at this point, gives a fuck?

I've got a PhD, would I get 2 votes?

it would lead to corruption in education, makes it much easier to control who votes

DRUMPF would have never made it this far and would have been laughed at for the idiot he is

FFS find a relevant thread

that's still not enough. how about only white men are allowed to vote. how's that?

How about "nobody's allowed to vote"?

Wouldn't do anything.

They hand degrees out like condoms these days.

Make it so you have to be a land owner.

Hillary would win in a landslide.

Can I have 3 votes then?

Yeah, you obviously need that women's studies degree to be qualified

There would be even more of a focus to indoctrinate people. Education doesnt equal intelligence. Just look at trigglypuff 1.0 and 2.0 or any other sjw college kid. Landowners would be better

It was called a literacy test and was ruled unconstitutional because blacks are dumb.

Same reason you cannot require photo ID to vote.

Legally its UNCONSTITUTIONAL AS IMPLEMENTED due to its inordinate impact on the black community. If you can remove the racist impact it can be constitutional.

would it though? if you're referring to institutionalised racism/sexism then that happens anyway i doubt the degree would change.

assuming you're not being sarcastic that's a stupid idea.

they don't hand out degrees like condoms these days its still as hard and you're left in crippling debt just to get one. Its just that people getting degrees now are generally just smarter and better educated in the first place because their teachers actually want to teach them things instead of physically abuse them.

this is what i was thinking, but i am exposed to very pro hilary media that shows idiot trump supporters with surprisingly more teeth than iq points,

I feel like educational elitism in voting could potentially lead to better election choices

and who define that "level"? i rly doubt that some retard who studied gender studies, and other bullshits like this is intelectualy above some mechanic. Have you ever met people who studied these subjects? they are fucking retarded cunts and i am ashamed when someone is trying to compare them with me when i am in stem field.

Considering Trump is getting btfo when you include only college educated voters, I'd say that sounds pretty good.

i know it doesn't equal intelligence but it equals being more informed on current events and general knowledge. how does being a land owner help anything they would just vote for the government that promised highest rates of inequality

The presumption is that more educated people are more intelligent, which is wrong. What you're thinking of would be maybe an IQ requirement to vote, which isn't a bad idea, but it isn't perfect, because then you'll get smart but bad people who vote.

Some other things to base voting restrictions on to consider:
employment status
must be a property owner
literacy

mechanical engineers that try and include themselves in the 'stem' clique of 'superior' degrees are adorable like i enjoyed kinex as a kid too

The idea that everyone is equal in voting power means that anyone who ponders to the lowest of the low and plays on feelings in the most obvious way will win since simplitons are in fact a majority
Idea of weighted vote howeven means that those with voting power will just push for more vote restrictings and will grant themselves exclusive rights
Sicne both of these strictly binary possibilities of voting leads to inevidable degradation of society i conclude that voting is just a bad idea

"Education does not equal intelligence" is an understatement. Most people who go to college are huge god damn retards, who have no potential in life, they're wasting their parents' money, and they're communist pseudo-intellectuals who run around thinking they're smarter than everyone else.

A really intelligent and successful person would drop out of high school, start working and saving up money, and they'd start their own business.

raysis

this is a valid point actually

Paying taxes is more important.

we've got to stop including liberal art and women's study degree graduates' as "college educated"

That would be racist
And probably sexist too :DDDD

libs and dems would just cheat like they always have.

Seriously do you really think they would follow the rules?

For all the talk of uneducated people being Trumps primary constituency I know plenty of people with masters degrees in and Engineering and more than a few PhD's who are voting for Trump.

Liberals would undoubtedly make the requirements college level.

The only reason they want it to be "free" in the first place is because college is liberal indoctrination facilities in the first place.

Didn't the ancient greeks have a two-tier democratic system? Athenians didn't let just anyone vote as I recall, you had to pass a few criteria first.

Murica got along just fine for the first century and a half or so, restricting the vote to white male property owners only.

So there's precedent for what you're asking for.

Cynically though, voting just doesn't matter. The Deep State has figured out how to short circuit the whole democractic process and you can choose which figurehead gets to the office, that person these days has no real power and can't do much more than play golf and give speeches, while the real decisions are made by unelected shadow figures with secret agendas that you have to figure out years after they're implemented.

I would rather have taxpayers that earn over 30k/year only be able to vote

Less pandering and gibsmedats