Cred Forums considers this essential reading

>Cred Forums considers this essential reading
Three chapters in and this is one of the most bluepilled books I've ever read

[citation needed]
pol is not one person, learn how to figure out how retarded a poster is before taking book recommendations from them

>(((Diamond)))
>essential reading

You canacucks really are retarded.

no one considers that piece of shit essential anything.

>he is so uneducated, he cant even understand whats being presented

Why do you use buzzwords like "blue-pilled" and form an actual argument?

Could it be, that your dislike of the main arguments, is that they go directly against your narrow world-views?

Cred Forums rightfully shits all over GG&S

(((Diamond))) trying to explain why civilizations differ without -any- regard for HBD is like trying to explain why planets orbit the sun without mentioning gravity.

is this bait?
Are canadians really this stupid?
The most worrisome part is that they seem completely oblivious to their abyssmal stupidity, which makes it so much worse...

Oh well, glad we have flags in this sense.

read 10,000 year explosion instead

ITT: normies falling for Canadian shitposting

it's bait

If by essential reading you mean essential in understanding (((progressive intellectualism))) then sure. Haven't read it myself but the generally theory seems full of holes.

The only time you are to trust a jewish author is when it is a university level physics book. Otherwise, give the book the same treatment his ancestors got... THE OVEN.

People on Cred Forums respond to and converse with buzzwords you pseudointellectual faggot

So no argument as expected.

These radical environmentalists always decry the 'ad-hoc' stories (wut is a hypothesis) of evolutionary theory, yet the explanations in the book are as ad-hoc as it gets.

>africa is resource poor
> ignores actual evidence

or

>the americas were super advanced given their capabilities
>muh ritual human sacrifice

It actually reads very similarly as Gould's work. Very rambly, very self-assured and focused on narrative as opposed to evidence.

It makes a good argument for environmental determinism and it does so without resorting to white guilt.

Anyone who says otherwise has never been in an anthropology class before.

Shut up, it's not bait. I've genuinely seen this book being discussed here as essential reading (obviously sarcastically as I have found out) I want my $7 back

Goddamn, I remember my nigger AP history teacher in Freshman year making me read that. Biggest load of horshit I ever read, I could debunk every claim (((Diamond))) made in it.

You mean plebs and cretins.

good thing I saged it then!
=^D

I've only ever seen a couple autists defending this book on Cred Forums. The consensus is that it's a shit explanation of why Europe is the best while dancing around the race issue

>he fell for the meme chart

More like schools consider this essential reading.

Of all the books my school forced me to read, this one stood out as the most blatant indoctrination to me. Why this book out of all the other ones?

Why not Wealth of Nations

I consider it essential lulz

This is the actual essential reading.

lol /his/ constantly shits on this book

The person who said that was essential reading is most likely one of (((them))).

It promotes a world view that civilisation's success is determined soley on it's environment, completely disregarding any genetic component of the equation because admiting that races can have different intelligence is considered racist, despite the fact this is accepted in the world of dog breeding.

>success solely based on environment
You forgot totally washes over the fact that Africa is the most resource rich place

That book is shit

If you want to see true hatred of this book ask /his/ what they think of it.

>chapter 2 he literally claims that Papua new Guineans are smarter than Europeans.
Fuck whoever posted that chart

Apparently the evil white people don't take into consideration the enviroment when assessing other nations, but those nations also have massive resources that evil white people shouldn't take advantage of.

>implying jewish physics is real
bitch don't know bout tesla.

Still skirting around the race issue. Civilizations accelerate eugenics, because smart men can accumulate more resources in their lineages and thus produce far more offspring.

Essential reading to understand leftist mentality. It's not actually a good book, and I believe it's been debunked multiple times

I think you're not actually engaging with the argument there.

The author is simply pointing out that dropping any middle-class person into Papua New Guinea and expecting them to live a hunter-gatherer lifestyle is suicide. We're a product of our environment and we have come to overly rely on technology.

I don't think you've read it because it says exactly that.

this book is literally a meme. no one on /pol considers it of any merit. you must have us confused with /lit or /his

Wtf no we don't. Read some Carlyle you nigger.

The book is shit, but it does get one thing right. Geographic determinism.

It is a humorous novel. Its premise is that niggers are not dumber and less evolved than whites...then writes 400 pages explaining why they are dumber than whites.

Reading is blue pilled...

'' Please, sit down like the sedated goy you are, don't move at all and just read this piece of paper for hours on end, and after that read again and again, and then forget all of it then sedate yourself again ''...

All action but action is blue pilled.

we hate this book, now fuck off you retarded degenerate cuntbag, im sick of you faggots endlessly shitposting your brainless, formulaic bullshit kys

sage

Yep I must be mistaken then, I thought it was the one where they argued that basically since humans were the same a million years ago (they werent), that differences between groups are only due to capital accumulation basically. My bad.

/sci/ here. This book is very worthwhile, and gives a worthwhile read while read about Africans. I doubt most of the people who post on Cred Forums have the reading comprehension skills, or critical thinking skills, to understand its implications. After all, this is the same stupid fucking board believes in >muh jews and >muh make america g8 again! bullshit

No, he argues that human evolution is so rapid that a few hundred years can completely change a people, as was the case with the Jews.

It also concludes that white skin provides a massive selective advantage that can't be due to vitamin D production alone, and argues melanin producing genes are very likely an inherent detriment that species lose whenever possible.

It's a moronic argument, I'm skimming through the rest of the book and every argument is fallacious. As for the author being a jew, Cred Forums is ALWAYS right

>reading is blue pilled
>playing video games is blue pilled
>watching movies is blue pilled
>posting on imageboards is blue pilled
>using the internet is blue pilled
>having a job is blue pilled
>having friends is blue pilled
>eating is blue pilled
>drinking tap water is blue pilled
>drinking bottled water is blue pilled

MAKE IT STOP

$0.05 have been deposited in your account. Thanks for Correcting the Record™®!!!

he conveniently ignores evidence contradicting his hypothesis. this book infuriates me. Franz Boas would be proud.

>not an argument

t. Australian on holiday.
Americans can never shitpost as hard as aussies or leafs

>"ur all st00pid. The book isnt wrong u just cant read"

Man who knew someone from /sci/ would be a pretentious idiot.

well scientists just blow whoever hands out grant money and publishing deals.

its obvious different races are suited for different environments just like any other organism. we are not all the same. some regions did not self select for intelligence

wow, you claim to post on /sci/. We are SOOOO impressed. You passed their rigorous IQ and science tests to become a member, and...no you didn't, you dumb fuck, you aren't even smart enough to know not to go where you aren't wanted.

All trolling aside, please read this if you haven't.

This book even works if you're a game designer or fantasy world designer. It tells you the outcomes of the social world just by continent size, location, number, etc.

It's a proven fact that the majority of intelligent people on Cred Forums are from /sci/. I can't help it if you're a moron - study harder.

Good read. Here's another one.

>Cred Forums
>not dead last

poor b8 bucko

Dubs have spoken

Diamond frequently gets BTFO on Cred Forums. His hypothesis that geographical happenstance determines the course of societies has enough counterexamples to falsify it. His whole purpose is to undermine the idea of Western exceptionalism, and he goes out of his way to ignore the most influential factor in the rise of the West: The adoption of philosophical ideas that explicitly defined and promoted reason (rather than dogma) as a means of improving human life.

The groundwork for science was laid in Western philosophy, and *that* is the actual reason behind Western exceptionalism.

Incidentally, if you're looking for a much more cogent explanation of how philosophy actually shaped Western history--in terms of both its advancements and regressions--see pic related. Blows Diamond out of the water.

It's essential to understand leftist cuckoldry when it comes to our retarded genetic siblings.

>all differences arise from exploitation and that is wrong

That is all you need to know about the leftist mindset.

So...when did they give those IQ tests? Moron, study harder. Your pathetic, cretin level makes me laugh. I can easily make up a chart in escel showing whatever I want. You are truly the dumbest fuck ever born. Your one claim to intelligence is that you once posted on /sci/? BTFO. And don't try to come back at me, you are not even a worthy opponent. Jus a really dumb guy who somehow believes himself to be smart.

It's essential so you can tear apart Diamond any time he's brought up

U actualy believe that poll's mean iq is 3 std deviations lower that the 4 chan mean, srs?

Many on Cred Forums just parrot things without understanding them at all.