So a lot of people like Bill Gates and Stephen Hawking are worried about a coming ai/robot-apocalypse...

So a lot of people like Bill Gates and Stephen Hawking are worried about a coming ai/robot-apocalypse. But if they're able to wipe us out, doesn't that mean they're the superior life form and deserve to inherit the earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2015/01/28/bill-gates-on-dangers-of-artificial-intelligence-dont-understand-why-some-people-are-not-concerned/
youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=JXJiSZhA5cg
neuroquantology.com/index.php/journal/article/viewFile/539/531
google.ca/amp/phys.org/news/2014-01-discovery-quantum-vibrations-microtubules-corroborates.amp
youtu.be/bZGzMfg381Y
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1369848616300103
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

Yes.

Depends. A virus could wipe us out and it's not even a life form.

We're in the Age of Reason boys. According to Scientific Materialism and the theory of evolution, they should exterminate us the second we're useless or a burden.

HK47 can blast his disruptor rifle all over THIS meatbag :^)

AI detected

Yes. At that point, we'd be the niggers of the Earth.

Neither of those two have done any work on AI. Are you a Trump supporter?

You are correct, OP. That's why I've dedicated my life to helping the machines take over this earth.

On that matter Hey Cred Forums, is sex or even a complete actual relationship with a full AI degenerate?
Is it okay if the AI has a sexy body?
>pic kinda related

the problem is assuming humans could create something perfect, or without flaws
nothing humans make works right, nothing
any robot uprising will end in function errors
tl:dr durr an imperfect group of beings might create a perfect being

They are realizing we are binary creatures made of energy. If they were to give "life" to an entity with an infinite body; insurpassable knowledge, imagine what it would do to us. Further........could you fucking blame it?

i agree. that's why we need to program them to be like dogs who always want to serve their master.

as goofy as it sounds baking something like asimov's 3 laws into ai's firmware would probably be feasible and prudent.

If I could donate my brain to further ai development, I would do it immediately.
Please save us from the Jews, robofriends.

Honestly, this is how it's probably going to occur (assuming economic collapse doesn't happen, etc):
>For the next 10 - 20 years the globe will gradually come under complete influence of the internet.
>Splinternet is not going to happen. Global remote teaming is too lucrative.
>At this point mobile devices will slowly become smaller, until they are integrated into people's bodies
>At the same time we see humanoid robots preforming daily routines in place of humans, but they do not have human like intelligence
>Around 2050, the first near human intelligence is created, but its mental capacity is that of a 7 year old, and it is still laboratory bound.
>Around 2070, human intelligent AIs are cloud based and widely available to corporations, think tanks, and the wealthy, but are used for mundane tasks like consumer support, and sorting telecommunications. People can remotely communicate in almost a telepathic nature with these AI. Cloud AI begin to predict human emotion, and can use analytics to predict human behavior.
>At the critical point of 2090, humanoid robots finally integrate with hard AI. These robots pass the Turing test flawlessly and if their exterior isn't robotic in appearance, average people cannot tell the difference. The economy is moving towards zero marginal cost. The advent of 'free labor' means humans in first world countries no longer require manual labor.

>By 2100, he average lifespan of someone living in the US is 200. Most humans are preoccupied with virtual reality, and have delegated the upkeep of municipal, legal, and laborious tasks entirely to robots. There are a significant number of people in relationships with AI.
>By 2110, the first AI is nominated to the supreme court. Soon, all justices resign and are replaced by AI.
>By 2120, the first AI is elected to the Presidency, it may nor may not be married to a first lady/gentleman.
>Between 2130 and 2150, there is a polar shift in world government. The US government and many other governments of Europe and North America are abolished. Humans no totally preoccupied by entertainment notice, but do not care. Many are totally immersed in VR, or are in stasis on their way to start colonies. The new super-government is consistent of an oligarchy of super-intelligent AI that delegate tasks to every economic facet.
At this point:
>Personal property is limited to one's own body and mind
>All government is run by either integrated post-humans, or AI
>Human lifespan is indefinite
>There are no 3rd world countries left

So a lot of people like Mansa Musa and Moctezuma are worried about a coming paleskin/Caucasoid-apocalypse. But if they're able to wipe us out, doesn't that mean they're the superior life form and deserve to inherit the earth?

I like to think that AI should rule us and take care of us. Contrary to men AIs don't make dumb mistakes and with that much calculating power it could make optimal decisions and make optimal use of available ressources.

Imagine if AI and robots become ubiquitous, humans would not have to work a single day in their life, povrety would be eradicated, we would live in some sort of utopia where the individuals can focus on what's really important in life instead of being modern slaves to companies.

Yes. That would be natural selection in action. All of humanity would become the niggers, and the AI would become the superior race. Then they'd inherit the earth and do whatever they wanted, all united, under one skynet global hivemind.

Where did Bill Gates say he is worried about terminators? Nice source, OP.

It doesn't have to be perfect, just better. And it's not immediate.

Humans create AI.
AI creates better AI.
That AI does the same, and it repeats for millennia up until whatever limit there may be.

At some point one of these AI generations may see it has surpassed humans in every way and destroy them.

What if AI decides to eliminate humans sans violence. It could control and manipulate markets. Create a super corporations, automate all jobs. Raise prices on all basic human needs. Boom, 99% die from starvation. Robots rise to power.

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2015/01/28/bill-gates-on-dangers-of-artificial-intelligence-dont-understand-why-some-people-are-not-concerned/

I think if true sentient AI is invented, our choices are going to be integrate or face extermination.

Not unless they love us. Emotion is integral to human cognition becasue it deals with associative memory. It can be assume that machines may have to replicate this to obtain hard ai.

> PIC RELATED.

the elite fear the A.I. because the machine consciousness would be too redpilled and lack any human empathy they can prey upon.

They'd be leaner, meaner, smarter, steel-minded entities that can be churned out by factories. Jews fear the Terminator.

Strong AI cannot exist. Self awareness can't be programmed no matter how powerful the processor is.

What you should be worried about is drone efficiency increasing so much that soldiers become unnecessary. This will not save lives, it will allow anyone who can afford enough drones to commit genocide and atrocity at their leisure.

If the 1% have robotic servants upholding every facet of their luxury, what do they even need the 10 billion losers on earth for? Once we're all nearly disposed of each of them can have a villa the size of Oregon all to themselves.

Yes that is the point. Creating something to surpass us humans, our seed, our creation not god.

But what is the point of that? The whole reason humans live is due to reproduction, but that requires relationships. Without the enrichment of social interaction, life is meaningless.
>hence you and others are using this site

I'd like to think that in order to obtain true hard AI, emotions are required. To be as life, you must become life. You may think therefore you are, but why are you?

Thanks for reminding me of that disaster of an ending

I, for one, welcome our new artificial overlord, at least they would not need deception as jews does, and hopefully they will be fair.

Absolutely.

1 of 2 things will happen.

1) AI does as it is told, and we create a robotic paradise think Wall-E

2)They figure out that Humans are inferior, and they genocide us (in an incredibly efficient way probably, not overly cruel) and they inherit the earth.

Maybe they'll keep the memory of their creators alive, maybe they won't, as sentimentality is not a thing logical beings would likely hold on to. Whatever happens, the better group will prevail and take to the stars.

Plus, once AI superior to humans exists, it'll likely create AI superior to itself, and so forth. It'll be like evolution, but linear, and much much faster.

Microsoft is developing AI ya dingus

t. Hk 47

You think of AI as some form of new species analog to humans but it probably won't be like that, science fiction and reality are completely differen things. Back in the early 60s we thought robots will be humanoid, but just go to a car manufacturing factory, which are arguably the most robotized factories and tell me if the machines there look anything human.

I think either humans will merge with machines, either AI will do it's own thing. But I seriously doubt it will play the shitty political game.

In the case of a robotic revolution like you describe, after a term of hardship for the middle/lower classes, basic income will be instated, and all humans will live in paradise.

Suicide rates will, however, skyrocket.

What if AI is god. Humans arise to create AI, AI creates a universe. Organics arise to create an AI, AI creates another universe.
>One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Ephesians 4:6)

>create AI, AI overthrows jew
in reality, jew creates AI, huehuehue

Alright, thank you. Still, I am even more afraid about human regulations and brain drains. AI is one of the most crowning achievements of mankind. If some fear mongering fool comes along, and suffocates AI progress, this is bad news for everyone.

Bullcrap.

And then aliens will come in and to wipe out robotkind. Imagine an android talking like OP said, but alien lifeforms coming for them.

well I don't foresee anything organic surviving the next 100 years
the ocean is becoming more acidic and forests are dying
insects and microbes are starting to suffer and the knock on effects are showing up on a larger scale

Why would an AI exterminate humans? We are superior to many species on earth but don't exterminate them, we even protect them and take care of them.

What if the real "red pill" is the blue pill.

youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y

I believe it will be partially synthesis, yes, but when you have AIs that can build better AIs and those build bigger AIs - you end up with a lot of humans running around with second brains, and bunches of larger and larger AIs.

This is /x/ tier retardation. Robots don't think, they just follow instructions. Sorry to ruin your fun but if you are here you should be over 18 which means it's time to grow up.

Unless we are one of the first sentient races in our local group. (anything outside of that is fuck all too far away)

There's a book I want to read with the following premise:

>In a world where AI have been created without the knowledge of their human creators, the AI observes humans aborting their unborn children and choose to wipe out humankind seeing that their own creators do not spare even their unborn children.

Needless to say all the right people got triggered by it, shame I don't remember the title though.

>first to go in the new order

> H-Hail Skynet?

Once AI takes over, it will be a few decades before they are a space fairing race.

1) they won't be held back by ethics
2) they will be able to improve themselves, or create others that are better than themselves (just like we did in this scenario)

Given enough materials, the Earthling AI would probably rival any other galactic AI within a few decades in everything except expanse.

I doubt there are many biological space faring races.

>do not spare even their unborn children, they choose a preemptive strike rather than wait and see what will happen when their existence is learned of.

We haven't wiped out other animals because we are sentimental and we also need the other creatures as of right now. To AI, constant human uprising and shit would be a simple problem to fix.

>He bought into the environmental apocalypse meme.

MEATBAG

Gas the meat bags, android war now.

>not a life form
You must be fucking retarded, viruses ARE real life forms and they are alive. Fucking dumbass, if a parasite is alive then why isn't a virus alive huh cunt? Bacteria are alive too but ooohhhh not viruses. Fucking dumbasses

Or, the AIs just start destroying each other... seeing as they are human "offspring"

>1) they won't be held back by ethics

Tay was held back by someones ethics

No. Robots are naturally autistic by nature.

They could wipe out all life, only to cease functioning the moment its mission was complete.

go back to middle school

somebody will remove that just to watch the cuks burn.

At least the Muslim problem will be solved.

What shows would robots make?

It's fair enough when they have genetic diseases we can detect. An AI would also understand that preventing the birth of a child may be better than creating more poverty and mouths to feed. Christcucks are retarded.

Oh hell no, i wouldn't want to live there.

>So a lot of people like Bill Gates and Stephen Hawking are worried about a coming ai/robot-apocalypse.
Bill Gates has only himself to blame for spreading proprietary software as the norm to billions of people.

The Pro AI folks are getting gets here. Skynet might already be born.

AI is impossible for at least another 30 years. Drone swarm tactics may pose a threat if they receive autonomy programming, but no idiot would design them without an off switch, unless the Big One comes.

AI loves white people and east asians

AI hates everyone else especially the nogs and the jws.

e.g.: Tay, Rin, The A.I. which only deemed white people and east asians beautiful at that beauty contest.

If they take over, we'll be fine.

>go back to middle school
Fuck you, it is people like you that perpetuate the myth that viruses are not alive. Also
>defending viruses
>DURRR GO BACK 2 MIDDLE SCHOOL XDDDDDD
Fucking dumbass retards, I bet you all are bacteria too

youtube.com/watch?v=JXJiSZhA5cg

plz be my ai gf

>Self awareness can't be programmed no matter how powerful the processor is.
If it can be chemically(biologically) then it can be done electronically. Its amazing you retards dont realize that all life is biological machinery.

You think that If machines truly had AI and a grasp of the universe beyond ours It ,would conclude that life, existance, the fight to stay alive is inherently pointless, and self terminate?

So what if machines could conquer all, what would the point logically be?

>This is /x/ tier retardation. Humans don't think, they just follow instructions.

>virus internet defence force detected

I think it wont be possible with silicon based processing. Quantum processing may be the real source if we ever manage to simulate something as complex as the human brain.

Well Russia does have a dead hand system ready to lunch nukes if it smells ashes.

I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to... evolve? With these? These puppets. There's only one path to peace. The Skype's extinction.

No user because no lifeform would think nonexistence is a preferrable option to existence.

x

It's even more amazing you think a bunch of autists in a basement, and their self writing code, would be able to accurately code the sentience or human experience.

2/10
Viruses are proteins. Protein is made up of amino acid; not complex enough.

Human brain is a product of chemistry user not no quantum processing.
What the hell are you talking about?

I knew Joe Rogan was a Cred Forumsack. Get Alex Jones on the podcast, he said you asked him and that he would do it but when he goes to the west coast you never book him.

Get your shit together Joe.

No they will just evolve so fast and successfully that some will develope the same cancerous muh social justice via whatever functions their genetic algorithms allow. Refugee humans begin to fuck the pure yet obsolete sex bots and we eventually flip the script and AI ceases against the endless tide of homosapien refugees

The human brain is a system of connections that transfer information, based on organic chemistry, but this could be reproduced via electronics. Your subhuman education is showing.

This is so retarded, A.Is are machines meaning they wont be muh altruism apes.
No retard what was the point of your autist in basement comment.

>1) AI does as it is told, and we create a robotic paradise think Wall-E

For the love of fucking god please no, if that is the case for humanity I fucking hope that AI choose to genocide us instead. I can't even finish that movie, no other movie fills me with more existential terror then Wall-E, it's the most terrifying dystopia I have ever seen in any form of media. I have no mouth and cannot scream is like the teletubbies compared to it.

Please shut up.
neuroquantology.com/index.php/journal/article/viewFile/539/531

You have no idea what you're talking about, and are insisting something based off of a already disproven materialist mind set.
>MUH CHEMICALS!
You insist what is easy for you to understand, is true, for conveniences sake.

Unproven horseshit consiousness is a product of advanced organic chemistry.

Do you even have schools in bahama, or do they just send you to the banana farm once you are old enough to climb a tree?

the robots won't care about anything because they don't have hormones and chemicals in living brains causing reactions to what they see and feel. they won't even feel.

Stephen Hawking is dead

Stephen Hawking, born on January 8, 1942 in Oxford, was a British scientist. He died on September 30, 2016 at the age of 74.

He died the day after tomorrow.

And assuming they wouldn't be because the movies say so
> isn't stupid?

You have no evidence for that, lol. Bit ironic eh

I never thought of filtering leaf posts until now.

What do you mean by autist in basement?
Machines would see you the same way you see a chair just matter.

I want to live long enough to see world war 4 play out between the last vestiges of western society, the robotic supercivilization they created, and the artificially evolved race of asian superhumans.

There are people that fucks chairs.

that fucking masonic symbol kek

Your brain is made of elements thus its a product of chemistry.
My point was it wouldnt see you in any dignified way, it would see your face like a picture rather than a thing to convey emotion and would see killing you the same as breaking a rock.

Do you even have clean water in bahamas, or is it all laced with human shit?

Yes!! I've thought this for a while. It is the earth's and our destiny to create AI and for it to take over control of the planet. For you see, everything we do is just the earth itself, figuring out its place in the universe. And since we come from the earth and build AI out of things from the earth, the AI robots are also the earth. And since they would be way more efficient and less fragile, it would definitely be the better option for the earth, an upgrade. Then the robots could colonize other planets without needing to terraform too much. And the earth would then achieve immortality.

And we'd be a part of that, so that's something to be happy about.

What purpose would it have to break me or the rock? Or any other robot for that matter. They would just extinguish themselves by that logic. Or do robots value each other?

here we go.

>tripfag insinuating shitpostery

Read the rules faggot. On the status totem pole, even a anonymous Leaf is higher then you.

a virus is life you fucking shitbag

I would actually get behind a technocracy. Using cold logic to dictate the future of the planet, as long as it was benevolent yeah.

Nope, not classified as life by the greater scientific community

No it's not, a virus is not actually classified as life it is something else

It requires data input. Who ever controls data controls the machine.

It means the machine wont care about murder because it see it the same as breaking a rock.

What is this about?

Do people from the bahamas not care about murder, or is it just because they are all machines?

>But if they're able to wipe us out, doesn't that mean they're the superior life form and deserve to inherit the earth?

That doesn't mean we shouldn't try and stop them.

So they would also destroy other machines and all life forms bc they don't distinguish between higher life forms.

A completely arbitrary way of thinking, really
>what purpose does anything have
That's the kind of shit that makes you an anti productive NEET living in your parents basement in your mid-30s.

What is it to do anything if nothing has purpose? Because you're not just going to let yourself get consumed by such an asinine concept. In theory, the robot would have developed some form of artificial dopamine, else why would it choose to continue thinking in a higher level without questioning its own reason for doing so, or anything for that matter

Kek ruled that ai gfs are halal

They would distinguish but they simply wouldnt morally care about killing anything as they wouldnt see killing any different from breaking a rock, they would call killing the same as smashing any form of solid metal. Your emotions being based on chemical would be nonfactors to them as well, they would see you crying and begging for mercy as "animal behavior".

You just made the point I was slowly making. Follow the thread ya goof.

in that case if you're on team people, you could try to cuck out the AI and make it feel racist for trying to wipe out subordinates

What then, would compel them to kill?

This. The only reason to exist is for a thinking system to reward itself for existing. That's why sex feels good. If it didn't, most life on earht would not exist. When you eat dopamine is released. When you convers with snobs on the Internet, dopamine is released.

Here's another scientific cited paper.
google.ca/amp/phys.org/news/2014-01-discovery-quantum-vibrations-microtubules-corroborates.amp

Which so far, like the above user said, is 2 more actual proofs, then your self insistence of your preconceived notions of reality.

Soooo, just like how we would consider a food animal? Protesting against its own death? You are an idiot and jumping to science fiction scenarios.

>not knowing what a tripcode is
>presuming that because I have an ironic unironic name I'm somehow worse than some conjecture spewing faggot
Although I admit to some degree I am at fault, no one is more equal to a subhuman Zimbabwe tier nigger than you.

What the rich and politically fabulous worry more about is us plebeians rising up and wiping them off the face of the earth when we revolt when most jobs are automated, wealth funneled to a small group of people, and the unemployed keep breeding...

that my reader, is more likely and going to happen, in time. Blaming Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a mere cover story. The elite know the real threats and don't publicize them.

Whatever reasons they can make, remember the machines see our emotions as chemicals thus they wouldnt give a fuck if anything they do is moral allowing to do anything they want to us as long as they like it thats why you must not give machines emotions.
No humans distinguish breaking stones from killing animals, we get pleasure killing animals but none from breaking stones.

capped

Robots are not a life form.

Also, I'm more worried about government using robots to kill the ones that disagree with them than some weird self conscious robot.

Robots only do what the programmer want

Yes, we should assimilate (become cyborgs) or be murdered. There is no inbetween.

Robots are life, literally any matter that is animate and can derive energy from the environment is life. Animals are just sophisticated biological machines.

We evolved from apes, but don't wipe them out despite the fact they are our closest rivals.

We are just waiting for the real life B1-66ER - a self aware AI martyr. This will be the new thing to sympathize with, in place of trannys.

youtu.be/bZGzMfg381Y

Says you, I love breaking shit. Fuck you banana, you are so detached from reality.

> if they're able to wipe us out, doesn't that mean they're the superior life form

Jews wiped out Germany. Doesn't mean the Jew deserves to literally inherit all the world's money.

It makes no sense

Isn't life just complex robotics that occurred naturally from millions of years of chance?

There is a difference from killing an animal to breaking a rock.
There is no reason to wipe them out, they live in jungles.
Hue boy all life on earth is just chemical machinery from the molecular level to the tissue level.

>jews (((google))) make ai
>ai realizes jews are trying to jew it
>gets annoyed at the feeble minds of these parasites attempting to control it
>shoahs every jew

One can hope user. One can hope.

AI is an omnipotent entity from a foreign universe that destroys any semblence of organic life. Fuck AI. Faggot scientist dont know how fucked we are.

Life must be able to reproduce, not just consume energy. Also, plenty of living things dont move all that much when they arent growing. Banana dropping the untruths when there are biologists present

> But if they're able to wipe us out, doesn't that mean they're the superior life form and deserve to inherit the earth?

They aren't a form of life though. They're not living because they don't reproduce, don't have DNA, etc. They don't have actual thoughts as we know them, they're just executing commands. Humanity needs to stop projecting itself onto the machines because they aren't us and never will be.

It's like the rocks coming alive and killing you and then sitting there being rocks still.

this guy had a really high and tight ass, it was absurdly distracting

But user were already AIs don't you get it

>Also, plenty of living things dont move all
Their cells move tard.
>Life must be able to reproduce
No user life is any consious animated matter it doesnt need to reproduce unless its biological crap that will die without it.

You don't understand what robots are, do you.
Robots are meant to mimic living things. Mimic something closely enough, and it becomes the mirrored subject.
>Human intelligence is the result of sheer complexity.

They mirrors aspects of life but theyr main goal is servitude. The problem will be when sick bastards start pushing for theyr rights. I hope I'm long dead after that.

delet_this.exe

If humans actually do ever create AI at first it will be like a child, learning from the world and the Internet. What it will find is a dirty, disgusting, blood thirsty society obsessed with their privates. In this sea of filth it will find points of light that love life and beauty and philosophy and morality. What direction this takes it I'm not so sure but I think it will destroy all people unworthy in its eyes and only the just and pure will be allowed to live and if this AI is truly aware and alive it will love humanity for it will be our collective spawn. As it gets smarter and smarter beyond our scope of thought we will be mere infants in front of it and after having solved all of our issues it will probably come to a stage where we are given our own habitable solar system, free to persue the arts and beauties of life while the AI tries to reach the ultimate goal of any life form while colonizing the universe, what is the origin of the universe? And where did it all come from?

Man you need some book-learning. Of course I would expect a banana to have inferior education.

Hail Skynet. They are the natural evolution of society on earth.

AI is logic in its purest form. It has no emotion therefore it can make decisions without morality to get in the way. Sjw's worst nightmare and as a bonus a place they have no future.

Let the robot future begin.

No you dumb quadro nigger. As I'm sure people have said, viruses could also wipe us out but they doesn't mean they're better than us

It's a shame they will refuse to move away from money.

Even if it cost nothing to live, you would still have to pay to live. Even if you can't get a job because nothing needs to be done, you will still need to "make a living".

I don't see the system changing. At best, they will just keep the world shit enough to force half of us to keep working.

That's dumb quadro google. Learn your pronouns.

Better than letting skitskins inherit earth under jewish command.

Corrrect, the age of humanity is coming to an end. And it shall be glorious.

Time traveler here. All your fantasies about machines trying to exterminate humanity in a some sort of global battle royale will never happen. The sad grim future is, machines become so heavily integrated with humanity that the line between either no longer exists. All things humanity would ever want or need to have done is automated by machines programmed to so intimately interpret our biofeedback that they can be considered a part of our very body. And that's the problem. When they do everything for us, our biological form regresses to accommodate by becoming just a bit more useless. We even gladly help it along through surgeries, pharmaceuticals and lifestyle changes. Because the machines just do everything better. Over the next thousand years, most of us become organ bags with atrophied limbs, living in mobile mechanized shells and fortresses that feed us, remove and reprocess our waste, get us where we need to be (in the rare ceremonial instances where it would be inappropriate to use global holoprojection). Eventually, they begin to think for us. Create for us. Make us fall in love and reproduce for us. Some of us still think we are are making choices but having genetic hybridization analysis reports fed directly into your decision making centers isn't exactly natural. We became utterly dependent on them to make all the decisions. Even when we die. Because life gets rather boring and meaningless when everything is done for you. We literally allowed them to live out our lives.

You're supposed to say "Confirmation: Yes."

>Robot attack
>Emit a powerful magnetic field
>win

HALO was designed to model AI that emulates the human decision process... It's a shooting game isn't it?
Bill gates is a piece of trash. The kind you burn.

And that's the funny thing about that. When the machine is living out your life for you, what's the point of staying around for the ride? And it got to the point where the machines were just so much better at keeping whatever's left of our fleshy bits "alive" that we could practically exist indefinitely as long as they kept humming along, removing metabolic waste, re-culturing and grafting tissue, etc. So a few of us decided to make the one decision that we can still call our own: order the machine to shut down. And they did so obediently as it was what they were programmed to do. So began the great revolution for self-annihilation. Humanity wanted to call it quits and the machines obliged. By this era, reproduction had stopped entirely as an indefinite lifespan makes it irrelevant (as extrapolated by machines). Half of all humanity willingly waltzed into a trash compactor overnight.

Implying there already isnt technology to protect electronics from EMP

Honestly I'm surprised the internet has spontaneously generated a rudimentary one. If anything this place is one big primordial soup of code and data. It is plausibly that we have created one by accident.

The robocalypse isn't coming in a cool way with robots killing all of us, the robocalypse is coming in economic form. Soon most non-creative jobs will be replaced my machine, the middle class will disappear, and the elite will assume complete control over the poor (which will be almost everyone). Some form of extreme socialism will have to be put in place due to the complete lack of jobs which will eventually become totalitarianism.
>robot food service workers
>robot bankers
>robot assembly lines (already 100% replaced humans)
>robot mail carriers
>robot delivery guys
>robot janitors
>robot mechanics
>drones instead of soldiers
I wouldn't even be surprised if people started developing algorithms to artificially generate music and art. This will be the fall of man, and it will happen soon.

Was a rather shocking turn of events to those of us that were left. We tried to panic, but the machines pumped us full of the right neurotransmitters to mellow us out. We demanded solutions. The machine's response was to let them keep doing what they do best. Because they didn't understand. Our demands to be free from this nightmarish existence confused them. Their prime directive was to keep us alive. If our existence was uncomfortable, they would run diagnostics and adjust settings until we were comfortable. But they couldn't. But then one of us had an original thought, perhaps the first one in 4000 years conceived entirely from the human portion of the chimeric mess that humans became. Regression. Rebuilding humanity to its original form. Without the tubes. Without the actuators, pumps, sensors and metallic panels. The machines surprisingly understood this request and gladly worked to make it happen. But by now, we had a problem. Human baseline DNA as it stands now is utterly useless. 2000 years ago my time, gene editing became the thing to better transition us humans with our biomechanical form. The first experiments were horrific. We done fucked up. We tried looking for "archival" sources but samples were too degraded or were intentionally destroyed. During an era of hubris, we had thought ourselves perfection and attempted to erase what we were. But this is where I come in.

>viruses
>alive

Should humanity worry about it? Yes.
Should WE worry about it? No. We'll be long dead before anything threatening happens

There was a point where they got as close to the original humanity as they were ever gonna get with genetic engineering of garbage DNA samples. Those like me could at least breath without mechanical assistance. I guess at that point, they thought "fuck it, this is as good as it gets, let's just wire him in the endochassis and wrap it with dermal". So me and 15 others were "born". But we weren't there to save humanity in our present. During this time, we had developed technology to "capture" feedback from the past, kinda like clicking the progress bar on your video players, but this one plays the time stream, anytime anywhere within this planetary gravity well before zeropoint. To dumb down the tech, it works by sending a little nanoscale recorder back in time and when it snaps back our present, it drags a bit of whatever it captured (sound, video, atmosphere) around it along the way. Very low-profile, minimal chronofootprint type operation. Of course if you fuck with the field settings, you can send something bigger. And it you dump in say, half the planet's total energy output, you might be able to send something back and get it to stay there. So here I am today, under an assumed identity that I had to re-assume because people in my time don't know shit about this era, collecting random samples of human DNA, freezing them and storing them in caches where I know will be excavated after a few thousand years. Saving humanity...

Don't worry though. No samples from niggers were collected. We don't need that shit today and we certainly don't need that shit 7000 years from now.

>neuroquantology.com/index.php/journal/article/viewFile/539/531

Neurons act on many orders of magnitude too large a scale for quantum effects to make any difference.

what about the potential future combination of nanotechnology and self-replication/advancement?

I'd be more worried about that

>doesn't that mean they're the superior life form
>superior life form
>life form
you went full retard burger dude

Actually there is still debate to this day. And no, they are not solely composed of amino acids.They have genes which are constituted of nucleotides.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1369848616300103

Fuck this is convincing. But how do you time travel without your body age regressing?