How do people get to be 25-35 years old and only have work skills which earn them minimum wage? More importantly...

How do people get to be 25-35 years old and only have work skills which earn them minimum wage? More importantly, how have these people gone so far in life without picking up skills which could earn them more money?

I went to a vocational-technical high school where I learned to be an electrician and got my first part time job at the age of 16 at a pay rate of $7.50/hour when the minimum wage was $5.15/hour, which is analogous to starting at $16 when the effective minimum wage is now $10/hour.

I quit being an electrician for about 12 yeas while I picked up 2 bachelor's degrees, taught for a while, and traveled the world before returning to the electrical trade and transitioning to doing automation/mechatronics and now hold the job title of electro-mechanical technician where I make about $80k and travel all over the US and Canada to do what I do.

They major in liberal arts and poly-sci before dropping out.

>How do people get to be 25-35 years old and only have work skills which earn them minimum wage?
They don't always.

>More importantly, how have these people gone so far in life without picking up skills which could earn them more money?
The ones that do have this issue are 100% the result of a public school system that is based entirely around college prep, and a state-college system based around keeping kids and 20 year olds in a state of perpetual academia.

>how have these people gone so far in life without picking up skills which could earn them more money?
By not being welcome in schools and being oppressed.

>They don't always.

Oh I understand this entire age group doesn't conform to what I posted, but there seem to be a whole lot of people in this age range working jobs that used to go to 15-17 year old kids.

>By not being welcome in schools and being oppressed.

So they wuz kangz n' shiet?

Let me guess.
You are a legal citizen, not black, you are male, you actually put effort in your life, right?

Well, there you have the answer. Minimum is for blacks, women, or generally any lazy person.

shut up aquafresh, if that were true every white would live like a king.

>You are a legal citizen, not black, you are male, you actually put effort in your life, right?

>Well, there you have the answer.

You basically answered yourself.

>tfw a 50year old man delivers me food to my door and he is getting paid minimum wage (which is shit in Korea) and I earn many multiples of his wage and work fewer hours and have a nicer house and probably fuck girls the same age as his daughter

Life ain't fair, retards get fucked

It happens to whites too.

>It happens to whites too.
Despite racial and gender quotas being enforced by the federal government, very seldom does it apply to whites because whites are just so much better at what they do. I work for a small, family owned company and can tell you right here and now that, at best, 1/10 black hires work out beyond 90 days while 8/10 white hires work out beyond 90 days.

I'm aware white easily outperform niggers but that doesn't change anything about not being welcome in schools and being oppressed.

>before dropping out
holy fuck how can so much truth be packed into so few words

niggers are not very smart

Burn! Yeah I went to School for IT Healthcare Services, but I did not satisfy it because of my scores. Plus I had to work 37 to 40 during the middle of the semester while trying to get my technical diploma. However, I am applying for a loan office. If all goes well i may just go back for finance and marketing.

You'd be surprised at the general incompetence of the average person.

Let me explain, I assume you were kept to some sort of higher standard growing up, or even just bare minimums. This sort of standard is a bit of a bubble; you will never really have to deal with the gentlemen that will live his whole life with only the most basic of labor to sell.

I worked in retail and warehouse management most of my time in college, and the best way I can put it is look at your safety manual at work. Everything in it has been an issue at one point otherwise they wouldn't waste the ink.

Things that really made me think
>Do not stack ladders ontop of other ladders.
>Handle boxes labeled "fragile" with care.
>Trash must be taken out at
>Do not accept returns from other stores.
>You are not allowed to conduct other business while on company time.
>There is no working maximum for store, anyone arriving intoxicated will be suspended

I could go on, but the average person that works minimum wage for a prolonged period of time is pretty fucking stupid, incompetent, and/or lazy.

>I'm aware white easily outperform niggers but that doesn't change anything about not being welcome in schools and being oppressed.

Have you ever been around niggers? I grew up on the poor side of town and have.

>be me, 16 year old electrician apprentice who wants to help a black friend get a job
>employer calls me out to a Saturday job and suggests I bring a friend or two, even if they are unskilled
>call up black friend and invite him along to make some money
>black friend comes and then proves himself to be a real nigger by going to sleep in his car from 9:15 break to lunch time
>boss pulls me aside and tells me not to bring nigger friend in the future

So there you have it. A black friend and I had the exact same opportunity and he fucked it up by choosing to sleep in his car from 9:15 break - lunch while I kept the job by working.

These days I make $80k and he's a prisoner and net drain on society.

stfu, you live in your mom's basement.

I would have been your friend bro. I like electrical work and I would have asked your boss if I could apply too.

>Have you ever been around niggers? I grew up on the poor side of town and have.
My town is only 60% white and yes I got enough experience with niggers.

>A black friend and I had the exact same opportunity and he fucked it up by choosing to sleep in his car from 9:15 break - lunch while I kept the job by working.
At least he had an equal chance.

OP at your trade school how was the course delivered? Did you attend classes 5 days a week, or once a week with interships or an apprenticeship?
Was this trade school privately owned or gubment funded?
Was the course structured by the school instructors or were they delivering a gubment appointed training package?

I am about to complete my 2nd vocational course (electrician also, studying carpentry).
I'm interested in how the US delivers vocational training.

pic unrelated

>automation/mechatronics and now hold the job title of electro-mechanical technician where I make about $80k and travel all over the US and Canada to do what I do

Who the fuck pays you that much to do that?

Mechatronics work is barely above minimum wage tier here in California, along with every other manufacturing/electronics service profession. You have to be somewhere in 90 iq midwest land if your employer can't find people who can read/follow a schematic and occasionally work a lathe.

Besides, I'd believe you but you seriously believe a machine can handle what a person can handle in something as dynamic as McDonalds. Anyone with any mechatronic engineering experience would know just how bad of a fuck up that would be and paying someone 20/hr would be cheaper than using machines there.

beats me. ive done the bare minimum in my life and even ive managed to make $50k a year with no education basically. Unfortunately I walked out of that job like a dumbass. Now I only make $20 an hour. I barely graduated highschool. Niggers have no excuse but liberals will call it "white privilege" even though the majority of people at my current job are black.

>OP at your trade school how was the course delivered? Did you attend classes 5 days a week, or once a week with interships or an apprenticeship?

The course was 5 days a week for half a day during the final 2 years of high school with the expectation of us finding part time employment by the start of the second year.

The school was part of a government funded program where we spent half of a year in normal high school classes and half a year at trade school.

How are you an electrician who is studying carpentry?

I started out at 18 working in childcare/lifeguarding at a YMCA. Put myself through EMT school, my work is putting me through Paramedic school, and afterwards is willing to pay for about 1/2 of my nursing school while I work through my Bachelor's in nursing. I'll be 26 and making at least $60k where I live by the end of this, which is just fine for having to spend 8 years building myself up from nothing.

35 and flipping burgers begging for $15 an hour is the product of entitlement, laziness and degeneracy.

>vocational-technical high school

A lot of the problem is right here. That sounds like a private school or some kind of experimental school. You sure don't get any vocational training at the average public high school. Hell the two first years of the typical collage undergrad is spent learning basic shit that high school didn't teach.

Public school and especially public high school in this country is a joke and need top to bottom reform. But that wont happen due to the power of the teachers unions.

If you think this only applies to them you are a fuck head. As a programmer i can tell you that every job can be replaced with a robot/program. Including even ours.

>live in LA
>try to get labor job
>so many spicks that no one will hire a FUCKING WHITE MALE that doesn't speak spanish
>ok go to college
>get STEM degree
>nojobz
>LA is extremely overpopulated
>I was born into this shit
>work shitty McJob
>in debt
>seriously considering teaching english in south america and never coming back here.

>Who the fuck pays you that much to do that?

Everyone pays that much in this field. Know what? Just last week I had an interview with a German owned company that needs electro-mechanical techs in the US and pays $80k, 90% of ALL insurance, 5 sick days, and offers 1 month vacation time at 1 year.

Are you mad, poor fag? I work for a California company and get 3 weeks vacation, 2 weeks PTO, 100% employer paid health insurance, and 6% matching 401(k).

Congrats man, it sounds like you deserve it. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

As long as human hands are still cooking and preparing my food. Customer food service can kick the bucket. I don't want some chink who's hard of hearing to keep asking if I want a drink with my fucking combo meal.

Why don't you... I don't know... Maybe move out of LA?

Those are far more common/affordable than you think. Fuck, all the "poor kids" in my town went to tech school 2 days a week during high school and graduated with welder certs making $30 an hour at nearby companies. The choices were welding, HVAC, electrical/plumbing, carpentry, cooking and nursing assistant.

Itt: fuck you got mine

>Including even ours.

Well yeah, most computers have a sleep mode.

That's the plan leaf, read my post.

If you are wondering why I don't move out of LA into another part of the USA its because I'm in debt and have no savings. In USA the gov. takes money from you paychecks automatically to pay it off, because of this I am unable to save up any appreciable amount of money, I would like to save up 3 - 4 months worth of cash before moving to a new city so I don't become homeless.

Where would he go? To some other town where he has no connections and there's even less opportunity for finding employment because of how entrenched the economy is? Big metro cities are expensive, but they also have the most jobs and the best potential to make useful connections.

You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. There's really no way out for a lot of people.

Something similar to this should be in every public high school. At least then the yearly demands for higher taxes to pay for ''education'' might seem worthwhile.

>At least he had an equal chance.
They almost all do, that's the illusion that needs to be broken. If an entire group is literally worse at everything then they can look at their group failures and call it proof of oppression. That is the reality we live in with U.S. blacks.

The only qualification you need in order to make some good bank these days is show up to work.on time every day. You can get trained up to the top if you prove you are worth investing in.

But you need to actually go out there an apply for a job that leads somewhere, which minimum wage jobs generally do not. Industrial is definitely the way to go if you have no skills, just learn what you're asked and don't be an asshole.

>That sounds like a private school or some kind of experimental school.
I'm not even that user but trade schools are extremely common across the United States. All fifty of them. Your town sucks.

We used to send them off to die in wars, but that went out of vogue in the '70s. Additionally the world has gotten a lot safer now that we've added warnings and failsafes to every household hazard. These morons used to weed themselves out much faster as a result of their stupidity.

They're usually a regional thing where a lot of schools pay to have kids shipped out to with grant money or taxpayer dollars as granted by the community. The only people that I have known to choose to go there were certainly below middle class. I agree, shit should not only be universally available, but also encouraged more than a degree in patriarchy investigation or veterinary dance therapy.

Majoring in public administration and intend to work with the government.

Good choice?

>be me, 16 year old electrician apprentice

Fucking lucky prick. When I was 16 all I had was useless adult female family members screeching at me to get a job all the time, and me wondering why the fuck there are no jobs, why is there nothing.

>Are you mad, poor fag?

lol cute, gramps found Cred Forums. Word of advice, most of us are white here and that indicates some landed position. Your wage is really not something to brag about here of all places.

>Everyone pays that much in this field.

haha no. Mech is currently in the fucking dumpster. Every old loser knows some soldering and machinest work along with some electronics stuff under his belt. This shit gets taught in every community college here in California with every college drop out entering it after they fuck up in calculus couple times in a row and realize they are retarded working class.

>Good choice?

Sure, if you seek long term unemployment.

>I went to a vocational-technical high school
Here's your problem. This isn't something that's widely done, so most teens can't have the same experience that you did.

Lol come to ohio its cheap and you can easily apply to get into apprenticeships into places like proctor and gamble

>Fucking lucky prick. When I was 16 all I had was useless adult female family members screeching at me to get a job all the time, and me wondering why the fuck there are no jobs, why is there nothing.

I assume you came of age after 2006 or so?

I was 16 around 1998 and there was no shortage of work for young men back then. It was an entirely different economy that you know.

Yes those are called community college. We're talking about high school user.

>I was 16 around 1998

Why the fuck are you here?

Yeah, shit really was fucked. I couldn't get my first job until I was 17, it lasted 2 months and then shortly following that I had no place to live. I spent the preceding 5 years just trying to get food/water/shelter figured out, and I didn't learn how to properly work until my mid 20's.

Shit is absolutely fucking fucked for everyone. I can't imagine how fucked kids are going to be in the next 10 years.

Vocational high schools are common in the ghetto where dropouts/at risk kids are encouraged to go back to school to learn a trade instead of going to regular school.

>tfw math tutor at $25/hr
>tfw 2 hours a week
>tfw still one client

>Why the fuck are you here?

Because I'm an older than average Millennial who enjoys disusing politics

>Yeah, shit really was fucked. I couldn't get my first job until I was 17, it lasted 2 months and then shortly following that I had no place to live. I spent the preceding 5 years just trying to get food/water/shelter figured out, and I didn't learn how to properly work until my mid 20's.

I could see that happening to even me with the way layoffs go these days. There is absolutely no stability or loyalty.

Trade schools/vocational schools aren't community colleges, they're highschool replacements. I live in MA and each county has at least 2.

>Vocational high schools are common in the ghetto where dropouts/at risk kids are encouraged to go back to school to learn a trade instead of going to regular school.

Yeah, but no. Where I grew up they were a common alternative for poorer kids to have some type of skill to rely on in the future. Little did we know that vo-tech grads could go on to be richer and more debt free than university grads. Kek.

I spent 8 fucking years in apprenticeships, 4 for electrician, and almost 4 for carpentry now while studying for my builder's licence (yes we have such a bullshit thing here).

Each trade requires 4 years of both study and permanent, logged, provable employment. If you complete the apprenticeship and coursework you can apply for a licence number in your specific trade and only once you have received it can you perform such work.

I heard from a mate that trades are VERY specific in the US, e.g. you would contract a different carpenter to do frame, another for the roof, another for fitout etc.
A carpenter here does all of that and more. Personally, I just want to be able to do it myself, wanted it so badly I wasted 4 years of my life on shit wages to do so.

Thanks for the info ameribro

I'm not nearly as worried about it these days, I've spent the last 5 years doing ranch work and actually learning how to do things. I'm planning on taking the risk and moving back to a city soon with what I've saved up, because I fucking hate it out in the boonies. I need to be in civilization.

>How do people get to be 25-35 years old and only have work skills which earn them minimum wage?

Useless degrees and falling for the liberal meme of "Only worry about doing what you enjoy!" when your main pleasure is self-loathing.