Is drinking coffee a good idea? It seems like it'll just make you dependent on caffeine

Is drinking coffee a good idea? It seems like it'll just make you dependent on caffeine.

I can quit when I want to

Pretty much this.

But it's a time-tested nonissue. I guess the only thing is to not drink it by the pot all day long and make sure you stay hydrated.

Don't fall for the caffeine Jew and buy modafinil instead

Yes. Coffee is known to enhance your metabolism.

1 cup a day usually is good enough. 2 max.

I used to drink it all the time.
If I didn't drink it for a few days I'd feel a pull.
With just a little will power, I lost the urge after a few weeks.

Now I just drink it once or twice a week -- sometimes it's tasty, especially when it's cold outside and you're hungry and eating a nice hardy breakfast.

I drink one black coffee daily instead of eating breakfast when I'm cutting. When I stop cutting, I stop drinking coffee immediately. I don't feel any withdrawals or dependence when I stop drinking it.

Had to stop drinking it for good unfortunately.

Coffee is actually good for your kidneys if you don't drink too much.

I drink 2 to 3 cups a day. Aside from that all I drink is water.

2 cups per day has great health benefits with literally no drawback.

>tfw cant drink coffee because anxiety disorder gets too powerful and i cant focus on anything

Checked. That's the reason why I stopped drinking it.

This. It's not heroine, you would just be looking at a couple days with headaches if you go cold turkey.

Once you start, you won't stop.

t. guy who started drinking coffee for added fat loss benefits who now slugs down at least 48 oz. per day.

Beats drinking tea all the time

Is tea or coffee superior m8s?

I used to drink coffee a lot but I've been on a tea kick recently. I think coffee wakes you up and energizes you more, but tea calms me down and mellows me out. I also piss more with coffee. Tea however also ruins your fucking teeth.

>I think coffee wakes you up and energizes you more, but tea calms me down and mellows me out.

Coffee fucks with me to the point where I become a jittery beta mess.

I've had chronic anxiety since I was 10, yet I've been able to drink 1-2 of coffee a day with little effect on my anxiety for years. Dunno why. I can't handle weed, on the other hand.

Coffee definitely has the kick to it. But both are legit good once you get the taste for them.

Gotta say the right tea at the right time is every bit as good as a fine wine or a good beer.

I drink a strong coffee before lifting. Otherwise I just have a cup of tea. Still, if you go without all that happens is you get a headache for a day or two.

But in the summer my heart can ache like a son of a bitch during physical activity so I might stop the caffeine and see if it helps.

There are a variety of products such as you would find at the heartdrop dot com website you could try out. Go for a few months with it. Can't say for sure but I don't get bad feelings about my heart during exertion anymore.