The Justice Department sued his company ― twice ― for not renting to black people

The Justice Department sued his company ― twice ― for not renting to black people

When Trump was serving as the president of his family’s real estate company, the Trump Management Corporation, in 1973, the Justice Department sued the company for alleged racial discrimination against black people looking to rent apartments in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.

The lawsuit charged that the company quoted different rental terms and conditions to black rental candidates than it did with white candidates, and that the company lied to black applicants about apartments not being available. Trump called those accusations “absolutely ridiculous” and sued the Justice Department for $100 million in damages for defamation.

Without admitting wrongdoing, the Trump Management Corporation settled the original lawsuit two years later and promised not to discriminate against black people, Puerto Ricans or other minorities. Trump also agreed to send weekly vacancy lists for his 15,000 apartments to the New York Urban League, a civil rights group, and to allow the NYUL to present qualified applicants for vacancies in certain Trump properties.

Just three years after that, the Justice Department sued the Trump Management Corporation again for allegedly discriminating against black applicants by telling them apartments weren’t available.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lDUwXFvTJfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=lDUwXFvTJfA

>not wanting your properties destroyed within months of renting them out is bad
>not wanting to fight with your residents for rent monthly is bad
>refusing to accept section 8 monies, newports, and jodans as compensation for rent is bad

In his defense, it's really unfortunate black people exist.

Not racist, though.

>muh racial discrimination

MY SON, HES A COMPUTA GENIUS

>2016
>not renting your house to black people for free

Its too bad he didn't get sued for lynching the niggers.

Whites only NIGGER!

I'm sure it was because they are black and not their financial status, right?

Are you mad at ebil waycists Hue monkey?

THANKS FOR CORRECTING ALL THE RECORDS
YOU'VE REALLY MADE US THINK
KILLARY KLINTON'S KAMPAIGN IS FUCKED
SO GRAB SOME BLEACH AND DRINK!

>youtube.com/watch?v=lDUwXFvTJfA
why not engage in a logical discourse instead of posting memes?

Only a nigger would be mad at this.

>not renting to black people

>in the 70's

Literally not shocking at all, also I work for a major insurance company, real estate firms are constantly seized for this shit all the time

This. Anyone else would understand

Any librul who makes this argument should be forced to disclose the distance from his home to the nearest Section 8 housing. Surely his own commitment to living with vibrant diversity will really make us think.

I built a club in Palm Beach, many such African Americans. Very important.

I'm so sick of these fucking shills. The last 7 threads I was in were shill threads. I'm going to start mass hiding threads, which I'm very much against doing, but I cannot keep telling these faggots the same things over and over yet they make the same fucking threads every few hours.

At least bring something to the table to discuss if you want discussion.

I fucking hate the kikes doing this.

>they sued lots of companies
>you can sue anyone for anything
>accusation =/= guilt

kill yourself shill

Did you get a pretty shekel for posting this? Nobody here cares. As a matter of fact, everyone here cheers Donald Trump on for this.

I think the OP wants to discuss the discriminatory nature of Trump's company's past rental history.

It had nothing to do with race.

There, thread over. Can't wait to post that same thing in the next thread OP makes.

God damn shills.

>Federal investigators found that Trump employees marked black applicant’s applications with a “C” for “colored” and steered black and Puerto Rican renters to buildings with fewer white tenants, according to court filings by the government, The Washington Post reported.

>gave them safe spaces in the 70s

holy shit that's progressive

are you implying that a hillshil can be logical?
they STILL think trump said ALL Mexicans are being deported

How did they "find" this? How did they prove it meant "colored"? How did they prove they shifted them to buildings with fewer white tenants?

Where is this case where his company was convicted of this?