I worked for various NGOs in Africa and Europe, ask me anything

Until recently, I was probably your average early 20s left winger. I was never part of the pink hair and nose piercing brigade, but I put a great deal of faith into international organisations, charities and aid providers.

The reason I'm posting this here is that it's pretty much unfiltered, and I can post anonymously. You can ask me whatever you like about where I've worked, why I changed my mind on pretty much every view I ever held and so on. Despite being a complete pawn in the game of charity and aid, I've seen and met a lot of senior people and have a fairly good insight into how their heads work.

Go ahead. Ask away. If not, I'll let the thread die. I'm going for my dinner, but I'll be back in an hour or so and will respond to anything.

What nation did you visit?
Any photo that can support your claims?

Why the redpill didn't hit you back when you were in Britbongistan?

do you ever see the trend towards globalsim slowing down? do you think trump is truly a nationalist?

Changed your mind about what specifically? Your OP is pretty vague.

So when you realized that the natives destroy everything you build as structure to sell and sniff glue....did you want to go back home?

Also, when was it you realized that you weren't making a difference?

When did you realize that Africa is better in white's control? Was it in SA or Zimbabwe?

>NGOs
FUCK YOU

What charities have you seen that try their hardest and do the most to genuinely help people?

i'm not sure Zimbabwe allows NGOs to roam free in their country, Mugabe probably takes the gibs and maybe distribute a part of them

Does Foreign Aid really help the little people?

Even a little bit?

The smaller ones, along with most of the domestic charities. The Royal British Legion is excellent, for instance. The Red Cross have their talents, but aside from that I wouldn't avoid them. Dogs Trust is pretty fun, but they're not exactly of an international presence.

>So when you realized that the natives destroy everything you build as structure to sell and sniff glue....did you want to go back home?
No. We weren't really building anything. I wasn't part of volunteering projects (at least not in my work, I did some at university but I was more brainwashed then). Most of the time we dealt with the local authorities and tried to get them around to our way of thinking.

I suppose the thing that tipped me over the edge was the realisation that there are many, many people that make a living out of prolonging and confusing a given situation, or just plainly exaggerating it. They didn't want to help their own citizens, they actively worked against it. We were just part of the play.

I see it being abandoned altogether, possibly after a large war or some sort of prolonged financial crisis. There will reach a point where infrastructure and domestic emergencies are in such a state that international cooperation becomes impossible. Globalisation is a luxury.

I don't know what Donald Trump is, I've never met the man. I suspect he's a lot more intelligent than he's portrayed.

Somalia, Mozambique, Uganda, Guatemala, Nicaragua (this was at university) and some of the -Stans. I have also been to the mothers of all middle class trip destinations; Peru, Nepal and Morocco.

>Why the redpill didn't hit you back when you were in Britbongistan?
I suppose it's because past internet memes, the United Kingdom really isn't a bad place to live.

>be me
>Kenya
>our company was attempting to invest in Kenya operations, so we went over there to see if we could teach the natives to do our work without us being there
>NOPE
>bury 8in. diameter pipe in the earth, first attempt was 1 mile long.
>pipe is gone the next day
>wtf...how?
>happened again and again
>mfw we cant even get past 1st stage operations
>Company says fuck niggers, we're out of here
>Last days in Kenya
>I hear that other Americans are in the city doing mission work
>go check it out
>they are making people give up their sniff glue for food
>brawl breaks out (of course)
>trucks are raided
>watch one nigger steal a box of food then climb up a tree, then he tore off a branch to swat other niggers attempting to steal from him, all while eating
>after all that, they beg to have their glue back
>mfw im so glad to be american

Fuck Africa, lol.

No, it doesn't. Idc what anyone tells you. It's all to benefit the NGOs and charities.

While I did work in Kenya, the missionaries built a small, moderate school 4 times in one year because they natives kept tearing it down to sale it piece by piece. Apply this example to everything in Africa, and that's pretty much it.

Yes, they benefit from that. The same people stay in government, and then they realize the successor might possibly prosecute them for war crimes, so they form revolutions and civil war to stay in power.

>NGOs in Africa

How does it feel to naively prolong the suffering of the shitskin horde? Instead of preventing tragedy in Africa, you assure the tragedy will be ever greater. The death count astronomical.

Why didn't you spend your time helping your own people?

In the short term, yes. There are people out there who are starving or at risk from infectious diseases. Aid can, and has, save their lives. It does that, but it doesn't do the rest. What it claims to do and what it provides are two completely different things.

What it will never fix is:

1. Africans, in particular ones from nomadic tribes, are consistently bewildered as to why people come from the other side of the world to help them. Arabs view it as a weakness, but Africans are just completely dumbstruck by it. They cannot even fathom why you would help sick children over healthy ones. This isn't a mindset, it's biological programming. If you have 20 African kids, give the mothers the right amount of food or program for each one, what you end up with is them feeding the largest, strongest or oldest child. They will not object to you feeding the sick ones (even though they find it odd), but they will only give the minimum themselves.

2. Corruption is unavoidable. You cannot buy something legitimately in Africa. You will never, ever, make a straight transaction. One of you is getting ripped off. Maybe even both of you are. This means that whatever foreign aid claims to do, it can be safely assumed that it's doing nothing at best and the opposite at worse.

because it looks cool on facebook.

There is an element of in it, but I'm not going to lie. I went into it because I felt it a duty. I considered myself priveliged, fortunate and probably automatically racist or harmful to these people. I would say about 95 percent of the people in my position also felt that way, which is why they ended up there. I'm Swiss by birth, and spent most of my time with other new money people in London and New York, so I considered myself a young globalist. Working for various charities and NGOs was a rite of passage.

The other five percent were mostly made up of people who understood the aid game completely and wanted to get as much out of it for themselves, financially, as possible. They were the ones who channeled money into anti war rallies but kept private security made up of former SAS men.

I'm not sure who was worse.

>im a young globalist

I'll just terminate our conversation now. Globalists make me cringe.

Even if Africa didnt have people from the outside funneling money, Africa would still be a warzone shithole.

You are correct about the motivation of most who work with the NGOs. I worked for one in the ME for awhile, and found that it was, (for this particular NGO), a "Big Business" effort. They did all they could to get all the International Government Monies they could get. It was so bad that they did not particularly even care about the safety of the Int Staff.

How does one go about personally profiting from running a charity. Have you seen many examples of people on the circuit who are living extremely well, yet not from a moneyed background or having any other means other than their charity?

How do oligarchs and business leaders use charities, and in particular the type of person/charity described above, to further their business aims? What does it look like?

I find corruption fascinating as it is so often hidden in plain sight. Thanks in advance.

Charities are unregulated. It's totally a well known practice to pocket about 90% of proceeds while giving the rest to whatever they claim it's for.

Oligarchs have their own corporations that pose as charity.

The Clinton Foundation is one.

LOL, ask Soros! There are huge amounts of money that is ear-marked for reconstruction, and helping the "Refugees and Migrants" this money is donated by private individuals, Governments and religious organizations. There is about as much money to be made by these NGOs as there is to be made by the "Military Industry". Some real wealthy individuals invest in both.

Learn medicine if you want to help people you faggot.

Even then most of the Medical NGOs are making big money for "Big Pharma". OP is correct, the NGOs that do the most good are the small international and locals.

Thankyou user for saying the obvious.

I'm asking OP what these sleaze bags look like in real life and how he learned to see them.

I am surrounded by the next leaders of the U.S. / World and one of the debates here is whether private or public efforts are the best method to "fix" the African continent. Support for profit-based private initiatives seems to be growing.

I used to work for an AIDS NGO here in South Africa. Every week we'd get HUUUUGE boxes of second hand clothing from Europe of much better quality than what is available locally.

Every week I would see staff help themselves to the best of what was available so they could sell it or give it to their own families rather than distributing it to the Aids infected and affected people like they were meant to.

Same happened with money. Some little old lady did a fundraiser at her church in Scotland (and we all know how stingy the Scots are) so that the kids could have a Christmas party with presents and sweets and ice-cream. NGO fed them the same shit they give them every day and hosted a staff party with the cash.

I couldn't take it so I left, only to realise when I started at my next position that although tax had been deducted from my salary every month it had never actually been paid to the receiver or revenue.

The director of that NGO has since resigned, but not before winning some citizen of the year award in our city.

People honestly have no idea.

I like your thread OP and I think it's nice to see that at some point you actually took steps towards what you thought would help people. I think lots of people on Cred Forums would feel healthier if the volunteered thru their church or something.

What have you learned the most in doing all of this and also, is it true that there is a conspiracy about the Bill Gates Foundation about depopulation with man made Aids, Sida, and vaccines.

>helping sick kids over healthy kids

Yup, I see this every day.

I also see parents sending their sons to good schools but sending their daughters to village schools.

Just last year I was dumbstruck when a man told me his dark-skinned son didn't need an education because dark-skinned people are destined to be labourers, instead he was investing in his lighter-skinned son because he was lighter and therefore smarter and was destined for something great, possibly even a teacher.

>Just last year I was dumbstruck when a man told me his dark-skinned son didn't need an education because dark-skinned people are destined to be labourers, instead he was investing in his lighter-skinned son because he was lighter and therefore smarter and was destined for something great, possibly even a teacher.
And they say Africans are stupid. Shaking my head.

I'm not going to lie, crazy nig is probably right on that one.

But then, light skins tend to be most insecure having to prove their blackness which is really fucking annoying.