"If college were made free then the degree you earn through hard work becomes worthless"

"If college were made free then the degree you earn through hard work becomes worthless"

>The value in a bachelor's is in a piece of paper

How are Americans THIS retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

ndss.org/Resources/Education/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>if we gave everyone highschool a highschool degree wouldn't be worthless

bump

>college is made free
>everyone goes to college
>companies now want a college degree for every Job
>People join the workforce 2 years later

How is that a good idea?

The ditches must be dug, user, and a liberal arts degree will not get them dug any faster.

The value in a degree is in other people not having one.

its true, especially in the government. You need you college paper, your certification paper, and your clearance paper. If you dont have one of those papers you cheat until you get that paper. Once you have that paper you are in a good spot for promotion which puts a lot of pressure on employees to get and maintain those papers.

I know DoD workers that straight up cheat on every certification exam they are given to keep their job. its called "braindumping" and everyone in the government does it, from the military to the IT staff.

lol holy shit thats funny

>Companies want the best, and as such a person with X
>X is now free, everyone can get one
>companies now want a person with X and Y

They need to make STEM and medical free. No idea why they want to help the retards who got history/political science/nutrition/etc. degrees

Do you honestly believe that Jamal the nigger with his IQ of 70 who can barely read and write in 12th grade should be given access to tax payer funded college?

Do you believe that "edumucation" makes you "smarta"?

College doesn't make people any more intelligent, at least not what we refer to as college in the current year.

Its not free

>free college
>better education and pay for teachers

Choose one. Also nothing is truly free you dip shit.

It's funny that you think it isn't true.
A degree is a certification that you have a specific set of knowledge and/or skills. The more people who have your skills, the less valuable they are. It's supply and demand. I'm sorry you failed economics.

it floods the market with college graduates which means everyone is alike. companies will now want people with masters and not bachelors.

>We need to hold others down because of a few undesirables

Most people in college find out whether they belong or not within the first few weeks.

I AM SILLY

I think it's pretty obvious before going to college if you're gonna fit in or not.

Like, if you can barely spell.

It was supposed to give them time to fix the fact there are no jobs for the high school graduates. People would have joined the workforce right out the gate but there are no jobs to go to so they need to delay it for 2-4 years

I didn't say its untrue, it makes perfect sense. Although not all people are going to want an engineering degree so I'm not too worried.

>college
>education

I swear I learned more about life and how the world works in the Marines than my entire time in highschool, I figure college is just more of the same.

Nothing peeves me more than a kid who thinks hes got it all figured out because he went to college

now that got me thinking...

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""FREE™"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

This. Most likely, "free college" (especially under our corrupt kike government) means "we decide what is free and important".

Why won't they go down and say "no more college grads, just high school only"?

>makes a borderline trisomy 21 victim thread
>skips responding to most replies
>something flies over it's head and only response from it is:

>lol holy shit dats funnie XDDDDDD

Shit thread, you don't belong in any University except for those down syndrome classes.

ndss.org/Resources/Education/

Great place for you to start.

Clearly the solution to there being no jobs is to import hundreds of thousands of foreigners that will compete with us for a limited set of available positions.

Shoveling free money at anyone who wants to pursue a bachelor's degree certainly hasn't made a bachelor's degree more desirable, if that's what you're implying.

idk why you're so eager to spaz out? Its funny because its true you fucking retard. Happy?

this

Depends on what you go for. Science, engineering, medicine, and law actually need formal training, but even in those fields the bottom half of the class is pretty worthless.
Everything else is either a complete waste of time or things that could be learned on the job.

any job worth having is almost always going to require a bachelor's.

Its really either that or we just start conscripting NEETS.

> In order for a few to succeed, many have to fail

And this is why I consider this system to be a complete fucking joke.

>get free uni/college
>degrees are now trash tier

Even in the UK due to the way student loans are, degrees are becoming pointless and more and more are dropping out to do apprenticeships

Why is it that I only ever see these people in libcuck drawings but I see numales every day I go out?

>bachelor's degrees are worthless because too many people get them
>let's make everyone get them, that'll fix it

remember when high school diplomas had value?

yfw 2 people around 45 with family lose their job because you spend 1 month automating their work. I hope these old fucks will starve.

*triggered*

free college is a good idea, but only if you greatly raise the difficulty.

I can recall a time when all you needed was a good handshake and you were set.

I went to college. Got a stem degree too. Barely learned anything. Have a great job but it's unrelated. Unless you are an engineer or something degrees are like certificates of achievement for dealing with even more bs (unless you are an idiot in philosophy or something).

You're never going to replace a scarcity driven economy as long as humans are mortal.

Making it free or not it not the issue.
Who do you allow in? That is the real issue. If you make high-achieving students pay less or not pay at all that is great.
And I don't think many people here would disagree with that.

>make college accessible to everyone
>expect it not to appeal to the lowest common denominator

>tfw CC is $20k for two years in my area
>tfw that's without remedials
I'm already in my 30s and without a GED, far too old to start from the absolute bottom without facing a fair share of age bias/discrimination if I got a degree and entered in the workforce.

>education attracts low lifes
What?

Learn signalling theory and then we'll walk.

Yes, if everyone has a bachelor's it's the same as if no one had one, at least in terms of the job market. Actually liberals don't even argue that free college will help people get jobs, just that this education will somehow improve the average person.

So unsurprisingly education in the USA is now geared more towards narratives and morality than it is actually teaching people skills or practical knowledge. Rather than intensive training to create what would essentially be Celtic druids who are a great source of skills, knowledge, new philosophy and research, you get something akin to military training which is focused more on getting people into a specific mindset over a short period of time.

This trains people to work in existing positions set aside for them, like a cog in a machine, but it doesn't really edify them in any way. If anything it's degrading.

paying for other peoples...
>woman studdies
>gender studdies
>mememetic studies
>journalists
>ect
...meme degrees

y tho?

>create more of something
>implying this would not make it worth less (all else being equal)

Supply and demand isn't a thing? Is that really what you're trying to claim?

I mean sure there's something that could be said for having a more educated workforce (although you can graduate college and still be a fucking moron, especially when it comes to problem solving and other skills that are hard to teach). But if you really don't think that free college wouldn't further de-value an associates or bachelor's degree, I don't know what to tell you.

A 4-year degree is already becoming the new high school degree and not considered anything special, but a necessity for employment.

>American exceptionalists are dumb and stupid
Pic related, typical self described American exceptionalist

> Spoken like the idiot who constantly held the class back but doesn't realize it.

Now you have everybody with a sub standard education because the institutes resources are stretched.

So the straw man idiot in your picture not going to college if he doesn't want to is probably a boon to the rest of society. Agreed?

Also: Why isn't your picture a google defying the systems of white supremacy?

You see, you pink shill faggot, it gets tiresome when you see all these college graduates WHO DON'T KNOW A FUCKING THING. They think dickgirls are girls, they think muslims aren't muslims, they think the communists weren't really communists, they can talk your ear off about gender theory and race theory, but other than that, they are fucking the most ignorant worthless mothercuckers the world has ever produced, in the entire history of mankind. READ SOME FUCKING CICERO YOU COMMY SLIME. Otherwise, don't talk to me about education.

Judging by this illustrated strawman our education system has degraded to the point of basic grammar on the curriculum for an associates degree.

He already does. The best part is some of them still graduate. Lol

They know most majors are just High School 2.0 and people learn essentially nothing, or worse, they become unhappy, brainwashed SJWs who are so confused they will never find even an ouce of contentment in their lives and die a miserable wretch

Whats to stop colleges from raising tuition and making us pay even more taxes for a now useless degree that only brainwashes you towards the lefts agenda.

I guarantee if somehow the free college did get some real movement that they would leave out trade schools.

He's not American, and he's kind of a douche tbqh

That arguement can be used for high school too
There are people who actually have trouble passing high school because they aren't smart enough

To better put it in perspective I knew people who spoke Spanish as a main language and barely spoke English and they passed and others who learned English as their "first language" fail regular English even when they tried....

Without failure there's no success

America is all about this meme of "buying an education" (compare to "what if x is trapped inside the brain of somebody who can't afford...).
Literal third world shithole.

>What is oversaturating the market for 500 Alex.

i still dont understand why people think free education must also be easy education any retard can pass.

>muh social ills

So glad I don't have this level of autism at my school.

>If I draw a person spouting an opposing viewpoint as fat and with crazy eyes I'll automatically win the argument! xD

>Musk is a self-described American exceptionalist and nationalist, describing himself as "nauseatingly pro-American". According to Musk, the United States is "[inarguably] the greatest country that has ever existed on Earth", describing it as "the greatest force for good of any country that's ever been". Musk believes outright that there "would not be democracy in the world if not for the United States", arguing there were "three separate occasions in the 20th-century where democracy would have fallen with World War I, World War II and the Cold War, if not for the United States".
Douche or not, he is absolutely brilliant.

You have understood the european vision for economic growth.

>"Wahh, what do you mean I have to actually put effort into life in order to be successful wahh"
>"t-this is all the systems fault!"

competition makes progress.
I'm surprised you haven't heard the phrase "survival of the fittest" once your entire life.

It's already like this in the UK, everyone knows that the only degrees worth anything are either 1st or 2:1.

Anything less is seen as a complete waste of £30k.

If they where free then more people would be going and increasing the amount of graduates applying for jobs. probably, rendering anything less than a 1st as completely worthless.

That's 3 years you could have been working.

Experience and networking > qualifications

The salaries are gonna go waaaay down if suddenly meets the basic requirement for this "job worth having" and suddely it wont be "worth having" anymore. remember that when everyone is special, then no one is.

pic unrelated.

So why the fuck is everybody here arguing policies when the system is working exactly as designed?

Better education is a requirement in a society were automation keeps claiming jobs.

Because when a college gets gibs from the government that will inevitably be based on their enrollment they've got no incentive to try and weed out students

What is your school you primate fuck? You learning alot about global fucking warming? You learnign alot about fucking multi-cultural BS? You reading any Bede? Any Marcus Aurelius? Probably not, because your fucking school thinks you don't have to read the classics to be educated. Punk. Be less of a google.

Man Cred Forums really is fucking retarded. The problem isn't the over abundance of college degrees, we already have that. The issue is that people aren't going into what we need. Millennials are being told to go to college for what they love, so they go for English, History or some other worthless degree. Not trades or growing jobs in something like the medical field, IE nursing and the like.

The people with the History and English degree then can't find a job and take up higher positions in chain jobs thus disallowing the High School graduate to move up.

Degrees in technical subjects have inherent value

But degrees in soft subjects are pretty worthless. Their only value in past generations derived from the fact that not everybody had one. So showing you just had a degree in anything, like English or History or whatever, showed you were more educated than other people.

That obviously doesn't fly now.

So yeah, nowadays the only value derives from the vocational skills you learn in the degree to be honest. So you best do a STEM degree otherwise your degree will be literally worthless.

>The people with the History and English degree then can't find a job and take up higher positions in chain jobs thus disallowing the High School graduate to move up.

Fuck that makes a lot of sense.

Ironically, any sober-minded person would recognize this cartoon as horribly prejudiced against lower-class people. The left is totally blind to its own sickening elitism.

It doesn't necessarily have to be. Seems like in most countries with free state funded college, for example, they only let the smart people into college, then everyone else is steered toward trades and vocational training.

The culture is totally different in the US, though. We tell everyone that they should go to college. Even people who really aren't great students and would probably be better off learning a trade than wasting 4 years taking remedial college courses. And the standards are lowered because of this.

This is my main beef with free college in the US. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it, as long as only the top percent were accepted. No affirmative action or other bullshit, just put a limit/cap on it to keep from devaluing the worth of a degree and let only the smartest and most motivated go.

What about computer science?

As long as you make it a white person, it's fine. White men are responsible for everything wrong in the world, remember?

What about the jobs you don't think are "worth having"?

Construction, for instance, doesn't typically need any degree.

You're fucking retarded.

>leftist logic

Because we have instincts of self-preservation.

We don't want more competition via "immigration" and "open-borders", we don't want liberals to actually push their agenda of "free" college, we want a community focused on "our" preservation i.e a homogeneous community focused on the survival of the pack.

We see the reality of scarcity and limited resources on this planet, liberals do not. This is probably the biggest reason for the divide between our ideologies. If we share our resources with the third-world hordes we'll all end up miserable.

If that character in the comic was a nigger it would be accurate.

You should be rewarded for results, not your efforts. Your failures should be learning experiences, not rewarded behavior.

Rewarding a lack of good results does not incentivize good results, it incentivizes complacency. People try new things without understanding why or thinking about how they will work because failure doesn't really matter. This has much more of an effect than just allowing stupid people to get worthless degrees, it actively rewards people for attempting pointless degrees like the social sciences and has severely lowered the standards of the scientific community. Failed experiments are no longer considered failures and soft sciences are free to explain why their premise is right IN SPITE of their data and have it peer-reviewed and published.

Think about where grants and public funding will be headed in an environment like this. It's not helping hard sciences, technology, or mathematics make new breakthroughs. You don't have to compete for funding, you just have to make the right appeal to the right person and the line between success and failure is blurred. This creates a sort of feedback loop where free education and new teaching methods actively hinder the national welfare and labor market, but social scientists declare it a success and receive more funding to find more ways to destroy our infrastructure and poison our minds. If I didn't know any better I'd think there was some kind of (((invisible hand))) at work trying to sabotage the West.

>high school is free
>high school degrees are meaningless
Explain yourself

I wouldn't mind certain college majors being free, but if you think that any dumbass should get $100k+ of tuition just to major in Albanian Literature or Trans-black studies, you're fucking retarded.

do you seriously believe the jobs we give to illegal spics are jobs worth having? Is this bait?

Your internship determines if you get loads of money or not straight out of college.
After some work experience in the right companies you should be able to catch up if your internship didn't work out well.
At least that's what I've seen from fellow CS students who started working recently.

Most programmers know how to code before they get to college. The main skill they need beaten into them is how to not write incomprehensible spaghetti code so that they can work with other people.

I finished my STEM degree and I'm doing quite well so you can try again. This doesn't mean I agree with a piss poor system that rewards so few.

In theory, you could argue that higher education wouldn't necessarily be devalued because more advanced economies require more and more specialization; everyone has a degree, but they have degrees in different things.

In practice job requirements amount to just having a degree (barring certain professions), so yeah it does end up having the problem with high school diplomas.

What's so bad about construction workers?

Pay can be pretty good, especially if you specialize and become something like a carpenter or electrician

Internships in nearly all STEM fields are extremely important now. It's pretty much impossible to find a job that accepts new employees without at-least 2-3 years of relevant experience.
*EE Major who finally landed a job 2+years after grabbing a bachelors.

>dieYs ID
Who do you hate Ys so much user?

I'm thinking of going to school for computer science, I fucked around a lot with computers between deployment and work and even managed to put one together by myself and install the OS and overclock it.

I know thats not very impressive but I like it, its like legos but with computer parts and coding

These and it's solidified by dubs/trips. If everyone can easily get something, then it loses it's worth. It's a buyers market and you're selling yourself to an employer. Supply and demand. It's a shame when some people don't understand something so basic.

But hey, at least OP can say "haha I was just pretending to be retarded! Get baited le epic ruse troll XDD"

>college is made free
>everyone goes to college

you fail to understand how going to a college works...

You'll be fine. Usually around half the people in their first technical class barely even grasp the logic behind it.

Okay cool I didn't know other STEM fields had this situation too.

Don't worry about not having experience, work ethic is the most important factor. Classes were not hard if I studied once or twice a week after classes.

>I still dont understand why people think free education must also be easy education any retard can pass.

>Why do you keep flunking out all these underprivileged African American scholars we send you? Are you racist? Maybe you're just incompetent, don't you know it's your JOB to educate people? Stop giving me excuses about how the students are underqualified shut up and DO YOUR JOB. IMPROVE YOUR GRADUATION RATE OR YOU'RE FIRED!
So the college improves is graduation rate.

>free

You do understand that life is zero-sum, right? That the bread on your table can only be in one place at a time, and that the food you eat can't be eaten by someone else at the same time? For every one thing that you have, that's one less thing for anyone else to have. Resources are finite you dipshit, and no amount of goodwill or "free" anything will fix that. If you consider a system that takes this basic and irrefutable fact of life into account to be "a complete fucking joke" then I honestly don't know how you even cope with reality.

This. If college were to be made completely state-funded, the U.S. system would need to start looking like Europe. Vocational schooling and career programs for STEM people, and less liberal arts and social justice bullshit for public universities. Maybe if you wanted to major in something like that, you'd need to go through a political science degree or something like that.

Yes and no, there is a production frontier dictated by natural circumstances but if you're not quite there it's possible to grow more food, make for widgets, etc. Resources are finite, but it's possible to make more of them; if you couldn't, how are we at 7 billion where most of our history had well below 1 billion?

That's not the worst part.

Colleges and Universities are privately owned. If the government declares that these degrees are "free" then it has to pay these institutions whatever they happened to demand.

The government needs to get out of post-secondary education in my opinion. In Canada we are basically half-in-half-out which has contributed to the mess we are in today. All their interference has done is increase the requirements necessary to get entry level jobs. The worst part is it is all done at the students expense. We educate ourselves to be good enough for these big companies, who now have a massive flock of individuals to chose from, ready to go.

I think if education were not subsidized by government it would put the onus on employers and big business to provide training, education, and scholarships. Only the brightest would get free-rides, and colleges would have to price themselves competitively.

That being said, I think what countries like Canada could do in turn is improve our education system for grades 1-12. I think we need to bring back grade 13, and institute higher standards and allow kids to flunk out again. The requirements for jobs would go down. And the best and brightest would be able to flourish.

>if you couldn't, how are we at 7 billion where most of our history had well below 1 billion?

That's the most stupid argument ever

We've become more efficient at extracting resources, better healthcare, etc.

That has nothing to do with the basic fact of life that some people will succeed and others won't. And some people will acquire more resources than others.

More resources than what are available can be found and more efficient means of production can be made, yes, but a system that depends on these happenstances is only set up for failure. Did the earth grow 700% to accomodate the population since it was 1 billion? Fuck no, we just happened upon things that let us use what we have to better efficiency. Besides, the problem here is that if more people were to have a college degree, the number of jobs that college qualifies you for won't magically increase. No company just decides to hire on more employees just because more people have college degrees. If we concentrate on giving out a shitload of college degrees before we create more jobs for the graduates, all we do is give out our crops and pray for winter to be merciful.
Some people must suffer for others to thrive.

It's the same for engineers even. You don't use any of the shit you learn in school, you just get trained in your first internship/job.

>college is "free"
>the American taxpayer (read:whites) has to front the bill for Jamal P. Jamjaloh to drink and party for 4+ years while maintaining a 0.9 GPA
>he decides he doesn't want to work
>taxpayer pays for his welfare

>this is a good idea guys