PARENTAL DISCIPLINE IN PUBLIC

So what do you think, Cred Forums? Should you intervene?

Other urls found in this thread:

realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_anti-Muslim_riots_in_Sri_Lanka
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

we don't hit kids enough

or make them exercise enough

or let them get injured enough

She is going to grow up with major Daddy issues.

If anything you should encourage the parent.

>Defooing intensifies

No.

why hair pulling as a form of punishment though?

Discipline your children. But not in public. Don't make public humiliation part of the lesson.

Just white trash parenting.

depends, if i saw a kid being beaten i would, for this, i'd lol

Pretty much this. She'll grow up and hate her parents or her self.

Just to get your attention, so that whenever a white father disciplines his kids you can compare it to this.

It how ((they)) work.

this , goddamn this

Punishing a kid in publish is stupid and trashy.

If you must punish, do it in private. And only when everything else has failed, meaning very, very rarely. And make sure you explain why you have to resort to physical punishment to the child.

Spanking is fine but only with the open palm.

Indeed Africans have much to teach us about this matter ..

>mah american family

>Dont hit kids
>hit pot, metaanfetamines, cokeand any shit you can find.
>abandon kids in their own
>high divorse rate
>low family values

what went wrong?

I don't agree with public punishment but nobody should interfere with parent and child unless the parent is literally beating them to the point of injury.

Depends entirely on the circumstances. If someone is going Fist of the North Star on a kid then yeah, I'll intervene. In this case however I wouldn't intervene even though it's not how I would ever treat a kid.

Not my job to tell you how to be a parent, follow the same standard with me and we'll get along great.

Stop trying to fit in nigger

We don't hit you enough either

Intervening is a good way to get your teeth knocked in.

we don't hit kids enough these days so fuck no
also, every normal human being knows that if you fuck around with a parent about how he raises his kid, he is not going to change because you talked to him for a 2 seconds and when he gets home he is going to punish the kid somemore

This shits hilarious, its like you can see their lifetime worth of regret and disappointment vociferating from their very being.

Sorry you had children. Like tattoos you'll spend the rest of your life justifying your degeneracy.

Keep your fail of a life contained and away from people better than you.

We got work to do, you got children to raise.

HUGE difference.

We should let them get injured more, encourage them to exercise more, but in no way should we teach them that the main thing to obey in life is violence.

Always depend .. if you are polite and well mannered or use humour you may pass the message any time all the time .. experiences make you good at it ..

You're supposed to hit your kids at home so they don't embarrass the family in public enough for you to embarrass the family by publicly disciplining them like the retard in OP

>i know how to treat this child better based on my six seconds of biased observation than you can with your years of experience

anyone who does this should consider that maybe it was THEIR parents that fucking sucked

>1 post by this ID

It's strange then because people who were utterly coddled in childhood are exactly the same ones who seem to have grown up with a high tolerance for abuse from other sources, including the government

on top of that, children are useless and annoying and you cannot argue that they are the future because so were we and look how fucked up shit is with boomers blaming millennials.

Have fun with your unpaid overtime responsibilities of taking care of yet another leech in society.

They will not grow up to be any different than you were, history will repeat yourself, but maybe you'll get lucky and your child will grow up to hate you.

If the kid is being a little shit, screaming and rolling on the floor, I can see giving them a whack.

But tying a girl's hair to a cart? Fuck dude, that's some sadist shit.

I've only had to punish my kid once. Most of parenting should be instilling respect, make them not want to disappoint you.

If you're constantly slapping the kid around then there's some deeper issues going on, the kid doesn't respect you.

Pulling the hair was rough.

Mom dragged us into the bathroom once and smack our asses. After that all she had to say was do I have to take you to the bathroom?

Would i intervene if a man was dragging a grown woman around by her hair? Yeah, I probably would. So that would go almost certainly for a child.

Swatting your kid is one thing. If you choose to do it, fine, if you do it in public you better expect the ridicule you will recieve. I wouldn't prevent a "parents right" in that regard or whatever. I personally choose not to punish my children with brute force. At home, i use stern lecturing, in public i use stern lecturing and public humiliation.

As an example, toddler throwing a fit and drawing attention to you in the middle of a crowd? Grab them, say "if you are going to embarrass me, you are going to embarrass yourself as well" spin them around and let them see the eyes of strangers looking at them. "Now cry a little bit more and be done with it" And put them down. This worked well for me.

Spanking children is for niggers. Any form of physical punishment should be outlawed, but this is especially sadistic.

Parents that can't use words to discipline their children and need to resort to violence is clearly dumb.

we should hit you, you stupid fucking leaf

Not that i'm defending this, because the dad was obviously a stupid hick, but if you think kids under the age of 10 respond or even comprehend verbal punishments you're a damned fool.

There's a difference between not disciplining children and using violence. Violence is the resort of stupid and lazy people as an alternative to articulating a child's wrongdoing to them in a way that teaches them.

If you feel a punishment is necessary there are other options, like confiscating their favourite toys etc., that get the message across without just teaching kids to just bow to force, and which aren't correlated to psychological damage in later life.

My dad beat and bullied me and now i'm a tranny.

Only use physical action if they are in danger

The right move is to intervene.
I can't stand seeing those fat disgusting sorry excuse for mothers take out their pent up sexual frustration on their child.
Fuck them.
The only time I'm sorry I can't intervene is when I see a disgusting whore spend all her time on her smartphone, simply ignoring the child.
Bad parents are the worst.

No, you're just Swedish.

I read a thread about Commiefornia and being able to claim rape decades after the incident in question.

What's the difference between late abortions?

Lets say I start realizing my elementary school child isn't going anywhere in life.

Shouldn't I have the right to just abort the little fucker because life is expensive?

this
granted kids don't always listen to words but if you smack your kids they will have issues
my mom just flicked really fucking hard, that was good enough

I'm half turkish

I'm not surprised.

Well to be fair, you are Swedish. Probably had it coming.

Yeah and look what happens when you don't use physical punishment, the kids grow to be massive fucking pussies like you.

How is public humiliation better than brute force? Physical wounds heal

no, no. do not intervene unless the child is being harmed. HARMED.

people who aren't parents shouldn't even talk about it. They have no idea how kids test, and how they can put themselves at risk doing it. Let me tell you how this hair went down.

>come on, have to go shopping
>I dont wanna go!
>Too bad, my turn to shop and you can't stay home
>buckle up
>no, I dont wanna
>I said buckle up or you'll be sorry
>sulk.jpg, sniffle.gif, poor-me.png
>stop kicking the back of my seat Im trying to drive
>Im not kicking it
>I SAID STOP NOW
>REEEEEEEEEEEE YOU YELLED AT ME CRY
>Get out of the car, we're here
>sob you sob you sob you yelled at me
>Lets go, I have to get back cuz your brother will be home soon and the door's locked
>get out, run away down the parking lot lane
>WTH are you doing?!! There's cars driving here, you're going to get yourself killed! GET OVER HERE
>You yelled at me!
>WTH are you doing???!! STay with me, you don't know what creeps are in this fucking store!!
>You yelled at me! Im not walking with you!
>Yes, you god damn are staying with me. And look at everyone looking at you, arent you ashamed of acting out? next time, you'll behave, wont you?

Kids don't get critical thinking, dont really develop the ability to reason until they are about 10. Before that, they are just all Id

My darling 2nd son about 6 years old, always always chose the grocery store for his tantrums because audience. He would collapse on the floor sobbing. And I'd drag him along the floor, at which point he'd scream so that people thought I was killing him. The ONLY way this stopped was when I pulled him and spanked him in front of the people watching.

Nowadays though....you can't be a good parent, you have to be a state sanctioned, approved parent, nodded at by coal burning cougar moms and dyke feminists who have aborted any baby they might have had, but want to tell you how to raise yours.

It disgusts me so much. How dare someone intervene on this disciplinary action. And it's usually by some cunt who's too much of a wimp to either discipline their children or even have children.

The right thing is to ignore these things unless you see blood being drawn. Everyone's too much of a pussy these days.

Kids are massively adaptive. If you're patient and talk to them like adults from the earliest possible age they start acting maturely pretty quick.

Given that I've actually contributed to the discussion instead of just going UR PUSSIES LOL I think the results of our different upbringings speak for themselves

Dubs of truth.

kek
turks are disgusting, my countrymen are retarded...

>black kids can't find their dad
>EVERYONE is your dad

Kids. Kids are hell.

Yes they are. I truly feel sorry for you Sven. A once beautiful country, forever ruined.

This, that was the principle my parents used with me, it's the same thing I will do with my children.

I flick my son in the head too. Only when he hits someone though. I ask how does he like being hit. He says he doesn't like it. I tell him that's how everyone feels. Don't hit people if you don't want them to hit you.

Swedish women don't agree.

If people are raising their kids right, they wouldn't be throwing fits in stores and they would know how to behave right in public and there wouldn't need to be any punishing in the first place.

It's not my place to judge anybody's parenting style but if something has to be done, I don't want to see it and it doesn't need to be anything extreme or traumatizing. I was hit a lot as a kid and I turned out fine but not everyone is that lucky.

This pussy thinks he's contributing, top kek

I was spanked, a lot.

(you)

I was beaten all the time as a child and it did not help at all.

My dad used to pull my hair when I walked into traffic without looking both ways. To this day I look every time I cross.

This is how you raise a coal-burning slut.

That's sounds like abuse, not discipline.

Sure, if you're too inept to understand that there's probably a backstory.

I'm all for smacking the fuck out of my kids but this is fucking retarded. Pulling hair is faggotry. Give them a smack and let them know why. Fuck this guy, and you that wouldn't step in are fucking beta pussies.

thatsd

Corporal punishment only shows that you're too stupid to properly communicate with your child. Also only a coward would hit somebody who's only half your size.

You can teach children without spanking but I think its best if they do get a spanking if they do something REAL bad.

However, it can't go too far. I was abused by my mother since I was 6 and thought it was normal cause my mother dubbed it "discipline," messed up my interaction with girls and made me a beta in general in my early teens so there definitely is a limit to what sort of physical action you preform on your kid.

When a kid throws a tantrum in store the parent does nothing other than talking to it with a low voice or counting til 3. It does nothing. The little shit knows it's parents suck at discipline so it continues to scream. You're either a good parent or you're not. If you have too, beat you're kids at home

Germans sure regressed as a nation

yeah, she is going to want to disobey her dad and sadly will most likely do some drugs in high school and then burn the coal. Why does no one know how to properly raise a child anymore?

This also, I don't know how you could be comfortable with using violence on someone who's physically so weak compared to you. You're in such a position of power.

It pretty much was. I lost my two front baby teeth from being punched when I was about 6, and had to have surgery because of it, my parents just said I had fallen off the doorstep and landed face first. My parents were really bad when it came to control, and just resorted to violence instantly for everything.

More parents needs to discipline their children or else they end up like all the faggot millennials

No. Unless it's over the top like straight up punching the kid in the face. But a smack in the back of the head, grabbing the arms, getting in their face, that's fine if the kid is being a little fucking brat son of a bitch. If kids aren't disciplined they don't know right from wrong. Look at Ethan Couch. Discipline goes a long way

thank (((you))) for correcting the record

also:

>accuses others of trying to fit in
>shoehorns "nigger" in post

We don't even have the courage to tell Mom's their little crying shits running round knocking stuff over are bothering everyone. Suddenly we find our spine to step in if a dad is rough on their kid? Whoever this woman who intervened with just knew it would be bad news for this guy to deck her.

>Father hits little daughter
>You hit father
>Little girl became your daughter now

so it begins.

This holy shit. How are there so many idiots in this thread?
Spanking can be justified. Grasping the child's wrist firmly and walking out of the store if they are making a scene is justified.

Tying a child's hair to the hand cart and dragging her along is NOT, and NEVER will be justified.
That parent should be arrested.

Hair pulling is inappropriate to me. Unless it's saving a life like this:

There's a difference between getting your arse smacked and getting a beating.

>we don't hit kids enough

>punishing your child in public
>not waiting until you get home to beat the shit out of them
Seriously is this amateur hour or what?

Also if we're all suddenly responsible, heroic bystanders, take your asses to the blackest neighborhoods in your state and go intervene in that. See how long you get away with that.

I mean do any of you fucks realize how terrifying it would be for a kid to have his mom/dad say "ok just wait until we get home" and to know that the moment he walks into that door he's gonna get the belt?

That's WAAAAYYYY worse than tying your daughter's hair to the handle of a fucking grocery cart. God, talk about fucking amateurs jesus christ.

I always cheer inwardly when I see a parent discipline a child. It makes me so happy.

Both of my sisters have spoiled and coddled their children to the point where I don't want to be around the kids when their parents are there.

I've had to babysit all of my nieces and nephews and they know I won't tolerate them acting up, so it's incredibly frustrating to watch them mistreat their parents and other adults because the parents don't have backbones enough to stand up to them.

your kind if thinking is why your only 60% white sir

>realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

So all the opinion polls after the first debate have shown Clinton's lead diminishing, with a good amount showing Trump to finally take the lead

Is it safe to say Hillary lost the first debate in the eyes of the American public? Because Cred Forums and reddit are acting like she won

>hurr durr if u think its right to tell a dude not to beat the shit out of his kids why dont u go intervene in some armed robberies, ur so inconsistent

This. The mental torment of a silent ride home anticipating what's about to happen is worth more than the spanking itself.

Not armed robberies, you brit. Getting involved with black parents and disciplining their kids.

and now you're here

Why do people think it's a black and white choice between battering kids and spoiling them stupid? Both are the hallmarks of inept parenting.

good, that's a good lesson

Im not 100% where i stand on this but.

Society made it bad to punish your kids.
Have you seen the current and new generation of kids?

I think in some cases it might actually be required.

I googled your country to try and find dirt so I could make a snappy response because I'm bored but I ended up getting a lot of respect for you.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_anti-Muslim_riots_in_Sri_Lanka

LOL that image

Yea because Africa is doing fucking great

I'm surprised that no one saw the real problem here:
>(((Jew York Times)))
No Jewish propaganda for me. I'll continue to physically punish my child, in public.

Ireland is that you?

No, Yorkshire in England.

Jesus this is why women crave to get their pony tail pulled hard during anal sex.

Punishment not creative enough.

I grew up skateboarding and I know how to take a fall, lose some skin, you know bleed and break shit.

If your little shit is acting up, shove him to the concrete and make em do push ups.

If they get bruised or scraped up, good. Build character. The piece of shit is gonna grow up tough and motivated to be better than their parents.

Make them HATE you, they'll eventually learn on their own, that's the best way to learn.

Exactly. Just imagine the regret, it's like in Medieval times when they would have prisoners watch people get executed so they could see what was going to happen to them.

With a hair pulling fetish

Disciplining a child in public is very low class and southern

I'm fine with spanking, grounding, etc. but watching these morons recording themselves punishing their kids and uploading it to youtube makes me want to kill them desu

Hot

>put kid in muay thai club
>he get exercices, hits AND injuries at the same thime
good/10

I dont abuse my kids but I dont let them till around in public either. My kids learned early to respect me and their mother or their ass was met with the "spanking spoon". I watch other parents let children run around and be animals, and I give the "dont fucking think about it" stare. Kids need to learn respect.

Physical discipline is bad for kids, period. There is overwhelming evidence for this. No hitting, not even spanking. Hitting kids teaches them that violence will get them what they want; if you go to a daycare the kids that get spanked at home will hit other kids and even childcare workers when they don't get their way, and are always the worst-behaved. Kids only become more rebellious from being spanked. There are proper ways to discipline your kids without abusing them psychologically or physically, you need to take parenting classes though. If you're too much of a lazy nigger to learn how to properly raise your kids then don't have any.

You can't entirely blame parents since usually they have no way knowing this on their own, especially the previous generation of parents. Regardless things need to change, parenting classes should be mandatory for having kids.

>my parents spanked me and I turned out fine
So did I, but you could have turned out better. You were traumatized by it whether you realize it or not (same with circumcision).

If anyone ever spanks my future kids you can bet I'll press sexual abuse charges against them if I don't kick their head in first.

What is the best parenting move when your son just got into his first fight and got his shit kicked in completely?

I'd have asked her dad if he wants me to spank the little strumpet.

healthcare is expensive m8

>Kids don't get critical thinking, dont really develop the ability to reason until they are about 10. Before that, they are just all Id

You may have retard kids. My four year old daughter is always analyzing situations and asking questions to help her make favorable decisions.

Unless it pertains to princesses. Then she's pants on head retarded.

I spank my kids and they have never done that. Discipline =/= Abuse.

We trust one another to make sound judgments, even if we know that the other is not capable of such a feat. We hope that the societal pressure of not being an outright cunt will keep someone from doing such a thing. But sometimes the useless portion of humanity shines through, and we are reminded, almost violently, that we are just a bunch of fucking clueless morons floating around an infinite universe on a chunk of rock permeated by carbon-based cancer.

I don't know why the kid was being punished. I don't know why the father felt it was appropriate to do such a thing. We place trust in one another because we desire mutual trust. It is taboo in this world for even the brightest and most knowledgeable among us to criticize this fallacious and perverted ideal. The truth is, only a handful of us uin a given group can be even remotely trusted to wipe our own ass.

No, I will not intervene. It is his lineage that he is disciplining. Let the laws of the universe judge him. If he is wrong in a perfect world, his child will wither and die. Or, in reality, she will become unhinged, join the furry community, proceed to breed, and then an hero after murdering her own mate, because she knows subconsciously that the society she lives in is a better parent than she or her mate will ever be. Such is the nature of things.

The stock of feeble morons and the protected. That is humanity's future.

>having a dad
>daddy will never pull your hair because he's busy not living with ur moms bullshit

My mom only had to smack me across the face twice, and each time I learned to never again do what I had been doing. My dad was very tolerant and let me get away with a lot, but as a teenager I pushed him too far and he lifted me up by the front of my shirt and slammed me up against a fence. Never disrespected him like that again.

People should mind their business.

Anybody has that article about the lesbian mothers who forced their little 8 year old boy to wear a buttplug?

>what went wrong?

Your spelling is what went wrong. Jesus Fucking Christ.

I thought Cred Forums was supposed to hate niggers, yet here you all are advocating corporal punishment, the niggest of all child discipline methods.

it's why black people think they can solve any problem with violence

L2parent, you neanderthals.

That is fucked up, pulling your kids hair around the store.

Yea id say something, and if he got lippy id punch his fat ass.

People who have to do this kind of shit are terrible parents, this causes many behavioral problems later on so its fucking inherently contradictory. These people shouldn't have kids in the first place, white niggers.

>spanking your kids teaches them to resort to violence
>if someone spanks my kid ill resort to violence.

Protip: Public schooling is pretty much the only time your kid needs to resort with violence. Its fucked, no cop will press charges on the nigger that beats the shit out of your kid during the 7th grade, and schools have a policy of just punishing both parties i should know. I grew up as one of three white kids in a boarder town, my first fight was 3 mexicans jumping me in first grade. Shit continued until about 4th grade when i won my first fight. After that i turned into the biggest bully in my class, sure the teachers would make me sit through recess and i got suspended a couple times in high school. It was fucking worth it, the chicks would get all mad at me when i would humiliate the other guys but guess what? They'd never a guy who they saw them be a little bitch. I had a mantra: I'd rather feel bad than mad. If you feel bad about what you did to someone, it means you won. If you're mad at someone, it means you lost.

>pulling hair is wrong
>I'd punch my son if he acted up

underrated

haha looks like they are going hard to demonize white people any way they can

meanwhile the parent who lets their child run wild in the store is looked at as the 'tolerant' parent

american society is over, they had one that actually functioned awhile back, so i've heard

There's a difference between defending my family and hitting my kid because they didn't do what I want them to do.

tl;dr

TL;DR:

A FUCKING LEAF

The only saving grace to this is knowing that nigger is gonna be dead in the next couple years. I hope his last breaths are full of blood bubbling into his lungs as he asphyxiates from the gunshot wounds.

Shouldn't have been such a little cunt m8

I like that the only thing your town is known for is greasy fried batter served with prime rib.

Worst case scenario, this girl ends up with a hair-pulling fetish and dates people who remind her of her father. Best case scenario, she learns not to fucking run around in public because that's how kids get snatched and touched by neckbeards.

>buttplug
Isn't that sexual abuse?

If you can't discipline your children without the constant threat of physical violence you're a fucking nigger.

>the only reason I don't act retarded in traffic is because my father pulled my hair
I wish he hadn't.

>no one even bothers to smack that little nigger upside the head

What fucking dystopian shithole is this? The uppity little big-lipped chimp is simply allowed to have the run of the park.

I remember when I was 4 year old, a day when my sister tried to steal bubble guns in a supermarket putting them in her pocket. My mom noticed that and BTFO of my sister in public (I think she was only like 6 at the time). I've got a PTSD watching the scene and never stole anything in my life.

Every girl has a hair pulling fetish bro, word of an expert

Nuff said

I never got hit as a kid and no child deserves to get hit.
If your parenta are not fucking braindead they shouls be able tl discipline you without getting physical. With that said, im only taking into consideration that both parents are white, hence the child is too.
Other races might need some form of physical abuse as kids to comprehend things tho.

Just wanted to clarify that most of the typing errors are due to me being drunk and typing on my phone

This. When the kids grow up to be adults, the state won't punish you for self-defense (unless you're fucking a white male). Why can't kids do self-defense as well? The kid should be taught that if some nigger threatens you physically, you sure as hell throw your gloves down, not submit to his beatings like a massive cuckold. Why do it the "proper" way and tell the teacher that Tyrone did a meanie to you with a broken arm and a black eye?

Whats up ur a gay, what are you drinking?

Just some Jägermeister and smoking some weeds

But not after first taking a picture!

Pol will defend this because muh law and order

Hitting should be the last line of punishment. I got beat a decent amount as a kid. Mostly for good reasons but shit happens.
I still came from a loving and supportive home so it kinda all balances out.
Raising kids is complex. Here's a quote that somes up everything "they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

No. Unless he/she is doing some serious harm to the child, you would be just undermining the authority of the parent in the eyes of the child, making them more propense to become rebellious.

I went to Quebec for vacation a few years ago and the malls and restaurants were a joy to be in. Ontario was a lot like the USA, with bratty kids screaming and screeching their heads off. But the French smacked their kids in public and it was a beautiful thing.

Sounds like you enjoyed getting spanked by your teacher.

>A bystander intervened

I'm generally passive to a fault, but I guarangoddamntee if some fucko stuck his face in my business while I'm disciplining my child, I'd stomp a mudhole in his ass. No fucking lie.

I abhorr 'internet tough guys', but I think a big reason our country is going (has gone?) to shit is because of bad parenting. I wouldn't hesitate to crack a skull if someone inserted themselves into an interaction between me and my son. This fucking world can have all the fags and trannies and pepperbellies and 'refugees' and feminism and Nog Lives Matter shit it wants. There's nothing I can do about that sans teaching my son to be a man. Try to stop me at your own peril.

Not my kids, not my job. Until I see blood, I'm not stepping.

My dad wouldn't do it as a punishment more as a joke.
He would walk up behind me and yank the small hairs at the back of my neck. Turkey over the fence.

FPBP

>peaceful parenting

>bad parenting is the cause of muh country's woes
>I'mma beat the shit out of my kid, and if some faggot intervenes I'll kick him until he's bleeding on my bastard

>bullies turn you into one of them
>you just accept that you became what you hated

A leaf violating the NAP... Why am I not surprised?

What a great parent teaching their kid how to be a raving nigger and get arrested for assault. They'll really learn about pride as the cops stuff you into the car in your bloody wifebeater.

This is a cruel and unusual way to punish your child. Just take them aside and reprimand them.

Children love to please us. Just set up a system of positive reinforcement(rewards) and you won't have to treat your kids like livestock like this shitbag.

Tell that to my kids that are well behaved and loved. The fear is all they need now.

Toothpaste makes a good point.

Wew lad you must be baiting, you try and bribe a child they'll be bad to get that bribe.

Ok. Let your kids read this.

"Your parents are niggers. Sorry, but it's true. They lack the intellect to actually parent you and so have to resort to violence because their genetic lineage hasn't separated them from apes enough. I highly recommend getting sterilized, because you're likely niggers too, and the world needs less of all of you."

but that is reality

Violence is the predicate of all law.

You're a pussy. Violence is a last resort, but it's the resort upon which the entire system rests. Without violence, we have no rules.

Wow great argument

You should be a lawyer

What a fake story. Her hair isn't long enough and how many people take pictures BEFORE they actually intervene to help?

holy shit are you reading what you type before you hit enter or are you just slamming your face on your keyboard and hoping for the best?

Probably California.

No, but I should be allowed to sue women who aborted children in the year I was born, for depriving me of potential friends, causing millions of dollars in emotional damages.