University of Michigan professors instructed to stick to 'preferred pronouns'

>The University of Michigan yesterday unveiled a new webpage that allows students to choose their preferred pronouns, including “they” and “ze.”

>Preferred pronouns will appear on class rosters, and if professors accidentally use the wrong pronoun, “you can acknowledge that you made a mistake and use the correct pronoun next time,” said the university’s provost and vice president for student life in a campus-wide email announcement. It also called using preferred pronouns “one of the most basic ways to show your respect for their identity and to cultivate an environment that respects all gender identities.”

>A university spokesman tells Heat Street, “If there were a persistent pattern of ignoring a student’s preference, we would address that as a performance matter.”

>The new Wolverine Access page allows students to add, change, or delete preferred pronouns, which will be shared only with “those who have a legitimate education interest in the information,” the new webpage says. Students who don’t specify a preferred pronoun won’t have one listed, the university said.

>The college’s IT team made the change, so it had no specific cost, a university spokesman said.

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/us/2016/09/29/university-michigan-professors-instructed-to-stick-to-preferred-pronouns.html
heatst.com/culture-wars/u-of-michigan-student-successfully-changes-his-preferred-pronoun-to-his-majesty-on-class-roster/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wake me up inside.

>googolplex of pronouns

I was under the impression that this was supposed to be a meme and stay a meme. What happened?

forgot source
foxnews.com/us/2016/09/29/university-michigan-professors-instructed-to-stick-to-preferred-pronouns.html

Kinda funny I could choose to be referred "ze" and professor gets into trouble for ignoring it. Wonder how many will abuse this thing.

My professors can't even remember our names. I can't imagine them having to remember xe/xer/xem too.

was on campus yesterday (this is my alma mater). Saw a huuuuuuuuuuuge, fat SJW bitch wearing a T-shirt that said, "I get my cardio running away from the cis-hetero-patriarchy." I proceeded to burst out laughing.

ze sounds cool.

I'd choose ze to laugh my ass off at proffessors getting fucked in the ass into being clowns because the higher ups tell them

it seems like cognitive dissonance to believe gender is fluid but sexuality is genetic

At my university you can choose what ever name you want. What name should I pick next semester? It's my last.

>ze

we French now

so what

Milton Cuckold.

If ever asked what my pronouns are I'm going to seriously tell them with a straight face that they may call me Lord, God, or Savior. I say this because I sexually identify as a god.

Just refer to everyone as "you". Or is that too non descript these days?

Jamarius DaTavious Tyreese Dakevin Junior

You're racefluid and namefluid now

Ask for the ze pronoun as well

Eileen Ulich

Irma Grese

Fuck my alma mater.

Go sconnie.

Oh man if only we could specifically choose.

We much campaign for this, say it isn't inclusive enough, I want to be able to force people to call me "Lord" or "God" or some shit

One guy's already done it.
heatst.com/culture-wars/u-of-michigan-student-successfully-changes-his-preferred-pronoun-to-his-majesty-on-class-roster/

This sounds super fun. Just pick the most ridiculous sounding and longest one. Change it daily and get upset when they mess up

I am a trans-desire void-kin, my pronouns are Master, Sensei, and The One. Please do not make a fool of yourself by forgetting my honorifics.

>Daquarias Jackson III

Remember: gender is a completely made up social construct but if you don't acknowledge someone's gender identity then they can spiral into a pit of depression and kill themselves :^)

Cred Forums spun out of control. The magic gained sentience and we can no longer decide which memes manifest into reality, and which remain inert.

toppest of fucking keks

HE'S A FUCKING WHITE MALE

He's doing a service to society then.

Enough people do this and they'll realize how retarded this system is.

>be a Michican university student
>go onto website
>list your preferred pronoun as 'You nigger'
>Professor refuses to address you as 'You nigger user'
>???

Nate Higgers

Haha, you cucks are going to get blown the fuck out this Saturday.

t. Bucky.

>Hi, my name is Trayvon Naggot Figger
>My preferred pronouns are "dindu" and "nuffin" when I'm on the male spectrum, "coon" and "wog" when I'm on the female spectrum
>Thanks for your understanding

Did you just ASSUME a memes validity?

Oh.
My.
Kek.

How dare you insult me and my fine memes by insinuating that even ONE of them might not be "real". Every DAY my memes get hundreds of up votes, shares, likes, and comments, and I probably pay more in taxes every month on my enormous Reddit gold income than you could ever hope to make in YEARS of your pathetic, unfunny existence. Have you ever even editing a meme using assembly language? Etched a Pepe into a man's skin with a precision surgical laser? I bet you don't even have 100TB of memes saved to study daily while improving your own.

If you weren't anonymous you can bet your ass I'd have whipped up 20 memes destroying your credibility in the time I've wasted writing this message. THOUSANDS of millennials would know precisely how insensitive you are and how little you truly value the greatest art form of all time.

Go give me some upvotes kid, and maybe my great character and sharp wit will rub off on ya. ;)

They - OK

Ze - NEVER!

I just won't say 'Ze'… put me in jail, I don't care.

This. I will never utter this word, unless to make fun of it, and even then sparingly.

Fuck this dumb shit. I even hate they, sometimes it sounds alright, but a lot of the time it gets me co fused because I think the SJW is talking about a group of people.

Unless it's the royal form of a pronoun I'm not using we or they to refer to anyone.

It's fucking retarted. Don't give an inch once you do they own you.

Enjoy being put in one of Trudeau's gulags

Can you clarify what "royal form" means? I've heard SJWs complain that 'they' isn't correct for "agender" people because it's only plural, but that's not true.

>Just got off the phone with the electrician, THEY will be here in about ten minutes.

U of M Student here. My Music History professor already said someone is preferring a pronoun: "His Majesty"

If trudeau has a gulag, I'm betting it will be a comfy, compassionate gulag.

I'll chill for a few years playing video in a Brevik tier homey cell.

Royalty when acting in as a sovereign will on occasion use the first person plural to refer to themselves. Because they are acting not as themselves but as "the crown"

An example would be Queen Victorias famous phrase when expressing her displeasure: "We are not amused"

Liberals are only compassionate towards people with similar ideologies, and minorities.

Enjoy crucifixion.

I see. So you'd only refer to an "agender" person as he or she. Fair enough.

Also saying "they will be here" "they" is acceptable not because it's agender but because it's the company/org you're refering too.

>all these Universities that I'm not applying to

>If there were a persistent pattern of ignoring a student’s preference
professors are just going to ignore those students completely.

Current grad student here. The fucking SJW shit is getting out of control. Has there been a Cred Forums thread yet about the white supremacist fliers people put up around the campus? We've gotten tons of emails about that too.

Anyone here go to this university? Can we do a huge campaign to get the gender names customized? We need to flood that place with people asking for gender pronouns consisting of 50 letter long words that are nothing but vowels, we need to drive the staff insane so they will pull the plug on this bullshit