Yeah fucking right. Anyone else hate food servers? Such a petty fucking job

Yeah fucking right. Anyone else hate food servers? Such a petty fucking job.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipped_wage_in_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=-RYCXDUt2m8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eating out is degenerate.

What they've forgotten to show you is their earnings from tips which were obviously $1.70 short over 76 hours of minimum wage.

LMAO at american culture

Pretty sure that's illegal if true.

Eating is degenerate.

That isn't true at all. I know food servers make a shit wage but they aren't make literal pennies every hour.

Lol they're lying the minimum wage is some like 2.70. The real scenario that's probably happening there is that they make a lot of money on tips so they ask the manager to not record the hours they work, because servers aren't supposed to work over time.

>being so jew you don't pay your servers anything and force the customer to pay extra to the server and plus the food

we do we have this system? just pay them minimum wage and the customer wouldn't have to pay extra on top of their food

Why don't they just get a new job if they hate it so much?

>tipping
Get a kekload of this guy. If your employer doesn't pay you enough that's YOUR problem. Find another fucking job if that's not good enough.

He is right literally using a spoon what has been in a niggers mouth

Server here. Know that feel too much. It's so bad that you have your "Good checks" and your "Bad checks (taxed heavily). I'm blessed to have had some generous tippers over the years but it still fucking sucks how I have only one good check a month :(

Ask me anything?

I'm the top server at my restaurant so i'm always needed on weekends. Hate life.

>1.70 dollars for being a waiter/waitress
>take home 100+ bare minimum everyday if you aren't human trash

>be me
>go out to eat with gf and family for an hour
>bill comes to about 80~
>give tip for 15 if she actually came to our table and was pleasant
>tfw I just paid for you working 2 hours nontaxable

Worked in retail for four years, finished at one place at got a job at a better one which paid £7.86 an hour, which was more my bosses from the previous job were earning

>taking it up with the customer on the internet instead of the employer
i don't owe you shit. if the food doesn't cost what it says on the menu, fuck off

>true meritocracy
>can make a living being a server at nicer places

You'd rather have to accept shitty service all the time so you can be fucking cheap? Make your own fucking food, faggot.

If they got minimum wage with no tips, you'd probably be complaining about how they can't earn a living at that rate.

You're retarded.

Maybe if they're going to have a tipped salary they should move to a state that requires people to pay minimum plus tips.
I make $9.50/hr then average another $10/hr off of tips for my job.

Waiters are uneducated morons without any marketable job-skills who are completely unnecessary as human beings.

Please for the love of god stop tipping them. It enables them to keep coming back for more.

There are federal laws which guarantee minimum wage if tips don't exceed it.

You pay for anything you break and orders you get wrong as a server.
If you get an extremely small check, it's because you're a major fuck up.

But that plates hot and I had to laugh at your gay jokes. Pay me 15 an hour pweaze

>Getting an unstable job with an inconsistent salary.
It's their fault, not mine.

While I admit some servers are cry babies, and I was always grateful for whatever tip I received even if it was $1 when I was a server, you should try working a server job.

I've worked in various entry level jobs and I've found serving to be the most soul sucking.

You work 2 shifts a day, often for the entire weekend. You're always working weekends, events, and holidays. So while everyone is out enjoying themselves, you're missing valuable family time and fun that people with normal schedules get to enjoy

Tips make up for this sad work life, without tips there is honestly no reason to work a server job, because the hours suck, work is always stressful, holidays etc

So don't bash it too much

Holy fuck what a delicate little butterfly you must be if you think scribbling cheeseburger down on a piece of paper is stressful.

Try actually working a kitchen sometime, Susan. From stock, to prep, to show-time; that's a fucking job, and that's what people go to restaurants to receive. Not your smarmy fake as fuck greeting.

What ever faggot, I walk into little ceasars, filibertos, taco bell or wingstop and I get service on par if not superior to any tipping restaurant. Suck my dick, and fuck places that allow tipping.

tipping would be better if it was completely anonymous. waiters would have no idea how much any specific customer left, so people wouldn't be forced to tip out of fear of getting a spit sandwich. good waiters would still do fine at the end of the day, but shit ones would get fucked like they deserve.

Server cucks wouldnt last a day in the kitchen.

>accept shitty service

I'd rather grab the food myself than pay a professional panhandler.

Tips would be great if I could tip the handsome mother fucker who cooked my steak to perfection.

Fuck waiters.

Tipping people is condescending and demeaning.
It is very much alike to saying "Aww you can't even make ends meet, so here is a free handout for doing what is expected of you."
Meh preaching to the choir i guess

Servers don't get minimum wage. It's an exception to minimum wage in the US, Severs are expected to make their money through tips, and so their employers only pay them about $2.50 an hour (basically their employers pay their taxes, and if you make a lot of money from tips the server has to pay additional taxes on those tips)

So basically tipping, is paying the server because their employer doesn't pay them.

What? Don't tel me you actually worked in the kitchen. You must be an illegal Mexican, because every restaurant I worked at only used illegals in their kitchens. If you actually worked at a restaurant you'd know both cooks and servers have it stressful, with served receiving the hate from people if the kitchen is lagging.

And cooks have much nicer hours, they're typically 8 hour shifts with 2 days off a week guaranteed.

Probably a reimbursement of some kind. I get lots of shitty little cheques from work reimbursing for all sorts of stuff.

This. Just order takeout/delivery if you don't want to have to deal with servers---though you'll still have to tip the delivery boy, but it'll be much less.

I think you've got a point, but as someone who works in a very large restaurant, there's a macro vs. micro-management skill relation between kitchen work and serving, neither of which are braindead.

There is something to be said about having to tip a waiter in a small, slow as fuck diner where they don't tipout to you guys, though.

I feel really bad for male servers. All that young, hot pussy they have to work around all shift. It must get really old.

But it's literally impossible to work 76 hours and make $1.70.

I'm not saying serving is a rewarding job but this person is obviously full of shit.

No it's more likely that that's $1.70 leftover after their employer paid for their taxes over that period.

Most servers don't see a paycheck at all, because their employer is just paying their taxes instead of paying them directly.

Yeah exactly, the chef who cooks my medium rare steak to perfection and makes this fucking amazing bone marrow gravy deserves a prize not the guy who literally just brings it to my table

its not thanks to jewish laws.

the jews noticed tipping made waiters too many shekels so they made it a law to always get their cut first no matter what.

if a bad little goyim doesnt make enough in tips then he/she get fired and replaced with a good little goyim that can shake down customers.

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

This guy know what he's talking about. And said waiter could probably done a lot to bump up her salary like join her waiter union or whatever they have in the US.

We don't have a minimum wage either and the only one getting exploited are people who don't know better aka people who aren't born here.

It only sucks if you're an unattractive male IMO. Otherwise, the female coworkers add a casual flirtatious fun to work causing it to go by faster and you can get numbers from all-girl tables. Particularly jailbait.

t. look young af

Still doesn't explain the 1.70. If they get 2.50 an hour, she should have like 200 dollars.

As a delivery boy I can add onto this.
While you should tip servers on a % to rate them, don't do any kind of % based formula for tipping delivery.
Instead, I recommend rating the service out of 5 dollars. We average about a 3 dollar tip per delivery, and that's completely satisfactory even on a $40 order. I might curse a bit under my breath leaving an expensive delivery being stiffed, especially if I got there early in a timely manner, but I'm never disappointed with even a $3 tip.

Only exception is if you're ordering for a big party and they need multiple bags / a jumbo bag to do your delivery, or alternatively if you order a bunch of shit that needs different types of bags (salad bag, pop bag, pizza bag etc.)

When pic related got passed around people were saying that the expectations are pretty high.

But that's just the minimum requirement for working a decent restaurant.

>Co-workers to be respected includes dishwashers, prep cooks, bussers, expeditors, and food runners, but does not necessarily include FOH staff. Servers are fair game

Trust me, not even the customer thinks you're anything more than an overglorified messengerboy.

But aren't there laws saying that if a waitress doesn't make minimum wage out of tips the employer has to pay out the difference?

That's not really wholly true though. It's a white lie. Crackah.

I do tip delivery guys, well. Unlike waiters they have to actually get up and do something.

Don't be paranoid, the "delivery drivers / servers spit in your food if you tip shit" is a meme.
The only way we get back at shit tippers is by handing them off to fresh blood (which will usually also result in worse service to them) as initiation, or by putting them low on the priority list when it comes to getting things there in a timely manner. I imagine it's the same with servers, because messing with food in anyway is a fireable offense.

>making 2 cents an hour

God bless capitalism. Without a minimum wage, we'd be able to let anyone work for as little as they're willing. Everyone would be employed.

How much do you actually make a week on tips?
Do you declare that and pay tax on it?

>Doing a job like that
>Blaming people who don't tip

Uhhhh blame your boss you dumb fuck. If you don't like it, quit.

>I deserve high pay cos carrying plates and writing down orders and memorizing a menu is like, really difficult.

I would honestly pay extra for a restaurant where you walk into the kitchen, give the chef your order and then go collect it yourself

>he doesn't know about the power of unregulated contracts

kyss yourself

Thanks, but I do recommend tipping waiters well if it's a fine establishment.
If they recommend various drinks and dishes to you, always seem to get to your table just when you run out of your drink, and check on you semi frequently to ensure your experience is satisfactory I'd recommend tipping them. It shows they're making an effort and ensuring you're happy throughout your experience.

1stly, if base wage + tips is less than the federal minimum wage, the employer is required to pay the difference, so literally no server makes less than $7.25/hour in the entire country

Secondly, the minimum base wage is over $2/hour, so the only way they only got paid $1.70 is if the only worked for half an hour

Man, America's wages are fucked. In Canada, servers are payed around 11 dollars an hour and most people don't tip.

>waaaah! My employer doesn't pay me yet I continue to work for him!
>waaaah! I'm a filthy roach that cannot survive in a free market! Feel bad for me and feed me!

It's called a cafe m8, they've existed for a long time.

>If they recommend various drinks and dishes to you, always seem to get to your table just when you run out of your drink, and check on you semi frequently to ensure your experience is satisfactory I'd recommend tipping them. It shows they're making an effort and ensuring you're happy throughout your experience.

But that's literally their job.

>we cant fix our system with a minimal wage
>fix it for us by giving us free money in tips

see Most servers don't see a paycheck at all. Sometimes (if they make a lot of money on tips) they end up having to pay their employers (for their employers to pay it to the government in taxes) instead of being paid by their employers.

The point is that server is not making $1.70 over 2 weeks, they're making a lot more, but it's all in tips, not wages. So when people refuse to tip and think that the employer is paying them enough, it's because they're ignorant of how the system works. A lot of people are ignorant, like you, assuming that the server makes at least minimum wage and is being paid by their employer, so tips are just something extra on top of that. But it's not like that at all, tips are what they live on exclusively.

Every time they don't get tipped, they just worked for free basically.

If you don't want to tip, don't eat out.

most service workers are trash. fucking worthless shits. they should all be replaced with automation sooner

idiot

if what you said is true no one would be a fucking server, fucking retarded tipping apologist

Yeah. It's federal law, and failure to comply results in a penalty equal to up to four times the amount of unpaid wages

Good system, although I do out of $6. Random story but I remember once when I ordered pizza and the estimated time was pretty high so I walked to the store to buy ranch, and my brother called me on the way back to tell me the delivery guy was already there early, so I ran back and tipped him $10 for making him wait. That really made his night, and I definitely have noticed I almost always get my pizza early in a route because of how I tip.

Yup.

$1.70 for 76 HOURS OF WORK?????

No. That is impossible.

They are all trash. It's difficult for me to eat out because being near them and talking to them pisses me off.

kill yourself you worthless faggot

I agree, I only had one of two really good servers, most of them just hand you your food and go sit on a chair somewhere waiting for the next order.

This is wrong. The base wage is after employer taxes

>federal law
That's really all you need to know about these roaches. They literally cannot acquire resources on their own.

>My face when I make $9.50 an hour plus $10 an hour in tips
Sucks to be you fucking leafs

Their job is to take your order and get the food to you usually. At the end of the day, 99% of people will go back to a restaurant for the food, as long as the service wasn't COMPLETELY atrocious.
That's why I'd recommend tipping for exceptional service, because it means they did an especially good job and you enjoyed having them specifically as a server over some boring average joe.
Plus, if you become a regular at a restaurant ever, then you can ask if X server is there to be seated in their area to have them again. If you constantly stiff them they'll just say no or that they don't take requests, and hand you off to the worst server there most likely.

>handing money to the international jew fund

We have federal laws that guarantee that waiters a wage if tips don't exceed them.

The only thing waiters are better at than being a lazy stupid waste of space is lying. They actually believe their own lies though, so it's not like they are intentionally trying to deceive you but it doesn't change the fact they perpetuate a lie ad nauseam.

They threaten to compromise your food if you don't pay their beg money.

They lie about their wages.

They pretend like they deserve a wage PLUS the tips they get when on average they earn more than other more valuable restaurant employees.

They act like their work is difficult when it could be delegated to a literal fucking monkey.

Frankly, if you wanted to practice eugenics by wiping out the most worthless people in a society you should start with the retards and follow up with waiters.

I live in Oregon and servers get the $9.75 minimum wage an hour regardless of their tips, and the fuckin' spoiled servers in my restaurant still use the term 'worked for free' if they don't get a good tip. Don't get me wrong, if you can't tip don't eat out, I agree, but boy are they spoiled and whiny.

Oh, also, are blacks very bad tippers? Are they noticeably ruder?
There was a thread started by a black person earlier that claimed they were raised to be thrifty, and that's why they never tipped, it's just a cultural thing (because eating out is thrifty, yeah?)

why would you ever tip some whore waitress?
"woow nice job lifting a plate bro here's half the bill"
>americans are this cucked

This whole post is a lie.

Poor waiter fag is probably too stupid to even know it, that's why he works a dipshit job like waiting.

I understand, tipping at a sit-down restaurant. But am I expected to tip at a fucking hamburger joint/bar or a ramen shop? Inb4 weaboo. I like to go to a ramen shop in my city, the hostess handed me my bill, with a line for the tip. I was thinking, why the fuck would I tip you--you did almost nothing! Same with buffets. I've been to a couple of buffets where they now want a tip. We're at a buffet. The fuck?

>and most people don't tip

complete and utter bullshit

>If you don't want to tip, don't eat out.
I'm going to continue to eat out and never tip.

Why would you pay computer hardware anything?

Tipped employees generally receive about 2 to 4 dollars an hour in the US. I am not aware of any state that pays less than $2 an hour for tipped employees. Also, if their reported tips + hourly wages amount to less than they would've made working the same hours at minimum wage for non-tipped employees, then the employer makes up the difference.

Welcome to America, how can I take your order?

Gotte love murrica

I would leave without paying if I received a bill that told me to pay a tip.

I know a handful of servers, and it is true, and the reason why they do the job is because most people do tip, and at the restaurants they work at (quite pricey ones) they tip well and they end up making good money.

They make $40-$50k a year... waiting tables.

I barely make more than that and I work in a professional field that required a BS and a 1 year internship.

Anyone who's ever worked in the service industry will tell you dindus are the rudest and shittiest customers

Sounds like you enjoy shit-tier food when mom runs out of tendies.

Fuck no. I just leave that line blank. If it's a place like that which I frequent a lot, and they have a tip jar, I'll put a dollar in. But only if they're watching. If nobody sees me tipping, it defeats the entire purpose

>They act like their work is difficult when it could be delegated to a literal fucking monkey.

Again, this may be true in a small, slow, low-end restaurant, but, for example, at my large one there's definitely a skill to it, and I could easily separate all of the severs into various ranking tiers. There's a reason the good ones walk out with $150-200 on good nights and the low-tier ones get like $70.

>are blacks very bad tippers? Are they noticeably ruder?

Yes and yes, and they will accuse you of racism over the smallest thing.

Bodybuilders Against Tipping frequently trolls idiots that spout shit like OP's post

Anyone that has more than two brain cells to rub together can tell you niggers are shit.

Tipping waiters in one of the biggest scams we've ever been sold on.

I can't wait until their jobs are entirely automated and these people starve from any lack of real skill so they can stop taking up my oxygen.

Yeah people do tip in Canada. I knew a hot girl in college who got payed minimum wage but with tips made around $40 per hour.

child support deduction

I'm a poker dealer in Florida. I make 4.70 an hour, plus tips. I make about 50k per year before taxes.

>>Servers don't get minimum wage.
yes they do

>I work in a professional field
This is a redundant statement. Every field that anyone works at is a professional field. Even the waiters. Professional just means you're getting paid. It doesn't mean you're special snowflake

Oh I've gotten a $10 tip from a couple guys for a low priced order and it ALWAYS makes my night. My eyes light up on the spot and I give them the most authentic thanks I possibly can, it's an amazing feeling.
But yes, anything $5 or over we generally consider a great tip and puts a smile on our face every time.

On a side note, since this is Cred Forums I can probably go into racial tip dividing.

Best tippers, as you might have guessed, are white males. The average tip I get from them is probably around $3.50
Then are jewish males (I can only tell because they were wearing kippahs), around $3
Then Asian females at about $2.50
Then Asian and Indian males and white females at about $2
Then Indian females and Hispanic females at about $1.50
Then Black females and Hispanic males at about $1
Then Black males at about $.50 (I either get stiffed or a $1 tip pretty much every time)

Fraternities always tip well
Families with children also tip very well
Dog owners usually tip a bit higher on average for the racial divides

Make me faggot enjoy that slow delivery :^)

That's true in exactly two states, Alaska and Oklahoma.

Every single other state requires waiters and servers be paid full minimum wage, sometimes with tips subtracted.

Most states simply require minimum wage, tips go on top as extra.

If you cannot make a living working full time for $7.50, you are either addicted to drugs or living in a home wildly out of your price range.

And yes, spending $25 a week on a handle of liquor or a baggie of dope is drug addiction, if you have so little money you can't put food on the table.

For real. I feel caught between a rock and a hard place. I like visiting this ramen shop, but after spending $15 on a bowl of noodles, plus a $5 beer if I fancied one that day, I feel exploited.

Nobody ever said there wasn't a skill to cajoling people out of shekels, the Jews are great at it.

But frankly I don't go to a restaurant to have some uneducated schmuck reaching in my pocket every time I try to take a bite.

Most of the people here are NEET and have no idea what it is like to actually go out, deal with the general public, and a work a normal job. The hatred I see here for people in the customer service industry is hilarious - especially considering I bet so many of the aspie's here pay into those industries with their parents money.

It's not a hard concept. Tip if they are good, don't tip if they are bad. That is the entire point of a tip - good service.

I tip my waitresses and others in that sort of industry (e.g pizza delivery) a percentage of the order. I would actually argue pizza guys deserve more due to the bullshit traffic they have to put up with/risk to their life and actually having haul all that food to your door. I tend to give those guys at least 5-10$ based on principle alone if they aren't shit.

I have worked in the customer service industry myself so I know how bad it truly is. If you hate people before working in it, you will hate people a lot more after you are done. I have moved on from that industry (because it should be used as a stepping stone in my opinion) but most of these people are underpaid, overworked, have little to no job security, and are treated like shit - all they are trying to do is get by.

Yeah some of them are entitled fucks and twats - in those cases don't tip them - but the endless hate for them is bullshit. A lot of them are good people.

It doesn't matter the area, it doesn't matter if it's a restaurant or delivery.
Around blacks, expect to be stiffed.

>customer service
>industry

holy shit kill yourself

Well if you didn't deserve to get paid minimum wage you'd probably have acquired a skill other than writing a one word item that somebody told you.

Servers are basically panhandlers.

The scam isn't in tipping itself, it's that tipping is expected so that restaurants use it as an excuse to not pay their staff and that the customers have to subsidize their pay.

Tipping USED to be like, a bonus, the waiter made normal wages, and tipping was something you did EXTRA if they performed their service exceptionally well.

Then it became an expectation to get at least 15% tip, and now it's to the point where 20% tip is factored into the check and there's no way out of it at some places.

Ideally, they should be making a normal wage, and you'd only tip if they did their job exceptionally well.

>everyone else is responsible for my poor job choices

Yes. And you'll get your minimum wage for that month when you point it out, then you get fired and replaced with a good goy.

>$10 tip
>$20 for one pizza
>$30 meal

Pizza delivery is fucking outrageous these days. It's ridiculously overpriced. A $5 Digornio is a way better deal.

No. Don't tip them AT FUCKING ALL. If their fucking employers don't give them a wage they can live on, then go on a fucking strike, unionize and improve your situation.

>mfw people ITT think it's easy tending to a dozen+ tables at a time on a busy night

As someone who works in a kitchen, the job isn't some blase, facile bullshit, it's certainly fast-paced and a high-pressure job on a busy night. Do I think that the tips should be spread more equitably since the kitchen is even more hectic and stressful? Yes. Do I think servers are the worthless dregs of society? Fuck no.

Funny, I've spent this entire thread detailing why waiters are a waste of space and oxygen and I work in customer service in Las Vegas.

From valet, to drivers, to DELIVERY drivers, to concierge, to club hosts, just about everybody in customer service does way fucking more than a waiter does.

The people who operate registers at gas stations in busy sectors work harder than a waiter does.

There's a difference between a job and a profession user.

>as someone who
>as a
holy fuck this place became reddit
GET OUT REDDITFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This was at a mexican restaurant, he clearly went there with the sole purpose of pissing them off.

This person is tipped and obviously terrible at their job. You should tip 15% when you go out mind you, but don't fall for the poor waiter meme. Any server or bartender that is decent is making more than minimum wage and knows that the second the restaurant goes off tips and on to wages they are going to lose money. Good ones in the major metro areas can clear 6 figures and low ball the IRS the whole time they're doing it. Poor money management is usually the problem because money comes in waves and they treat it like gambling. Remember tip your server correctlty, bit don't do it excessively because you feel bad for them. They're the same class as strippers trying to take you for as much as they can. I can't wait until the wage model takes off and all these dicks start getting paid what they're actually worth to a business. Tipping culture is the worst

Your life is a meme if you honestly think frozen pizza is better than getting carry out.

Yeah it must be so fucking hard to carry a tray with plates on it and make sure you manage to somehow hand it to the right person.

Holy fuck.

I bet the cooks who had to handcraft every item you brought them stand in awe at your ability to memorize who the fuck ordered the filet mignon.

Literally only waiters are impressed by themselves.

So you tip servers that don't do your job? I've stiffed waiters before because I received very little service before. I'm not talking about a busy restaurant either. It was us and two other tables. If I don't do my job, I don't get paid. If you don't do your job, you don't get paid. Fair is fair. If you don't like it, get a salary job.

I never understood people who go eating out to get high calorie food which contains a shitload of fat and sugar to make it tasty (even in regular Restaurants), served by pretentious college students who can't make it in the real world, paying at least double of what you would pay by eating something from the supermarket.

STOP TIPPING US PERCENT
TIP US ON PERFORMANCE
I don't care if it's a $50 pizza order or a $5 pizza order. If you give me 15% I'll think you're a dumb retard that doesn't understand how delivery works.

Rate us out of 5 via dollars in the US.

>raised to be thrifty
>raised
Well, that's your problem there. They aren't raised, and they aren't thrifty (look at how they dress). They just don't have empathy and don't feel bad dicking over anybody.

No one's arguing about the economy of going out to eat. I agree, it's shit, but paying for a service should be something you're willing to do if you go out or have something delivered to you.

If I phone in for take-out and pick it up myself, I don't tip at all unless it's a place I regularly go to and whose owners I've grown fond of over the years. (A based as fuck Greek place near my house, for example)

Look how this roach resents the fact that the table roaches don't give him money.

Your employer pays you for performing a service. If you are dissatisfied with your pay you can negotiate for a raise, work somewhere else, even start your own restaurant. It is not the customer's job to pay you.

Federal minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13 an hour.

It does depend on what state you are in and some states do pay servers minimum wage but if you live in the South or some Midwest states, they are actually making that $2.13 an hour from their employer and they live on tips exclusively.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipped_wage_in_the_United_States

What we meant was "if you don't intend to tip, don't eat out." There's a chick at my work who gets a $0 tip almost a third of the time, and she definitely deserves that as she sucks ass. Dunno how she hasn't been fired.

I said it's a better deal. The slightly better product doesn't justify the cost. It might be twice as good, but costs 6 times as much.

if they completely fucked up their job then yeah, stiff them. Probably report them to their manager, and they'll need to look for another job.

Sure.

But if they're doing satisfactory service, you should expect to tip, you look really cheap to your date if you don't anyway.

Unless their tips don't exceed minimum wage in which case the employer is obligated to make up the difference.

And lets be real, if they deserved more than minimum wage than they wouldn't be waiters.

Not eating would be an even better "deal".

Yeah, now show us how much you made in tips.

I've been to the US several times. The service is fucking atrocious, from service staff ignoring you, to being outright rude and aggressive.

If it wasn't for the tip culture, these people wouldn't have jobs. Tipping only exists so Jews in the hospitality industry could get out of paying their employees during prohibition.

The US is the only country with this tipping culture, and it provides, by far, the worst service out of any country I've been too. And that includes shit-holes like Vietnam.

>you look really cheap to your date if you don't anyway.

>Literally only waiters are impressed by themselves

Did you miss the part where I wasn't a waiter, dipshit? Are you some bitter twat who worked in a dead-ass shitty restaurant that never had more than a dozen people in it at a time?

Sorry, dickwad, but needing to plaster on a smile, be polite to exceptionally shitty people, remember mods on foods for multiple tables at a time in order to ensure they were prepared properly, and carrying 5-6 plates on your arms, as well as large trays of drinks IS difficult. Place 8 full mugs of beer/top-heavy cocktail glasses on a tray, hold it over your head, and try to weave quickly around objects in your house without spilling a drop, AND manage to look graceful.

You have no idea what you're talking about, you're some pasty fuck who's never worked in a restaurant, and if you have, it was a shitty dive with garbage food, owners, and employees. (see: you)

Do you expect to pay the boy that bags your groceries? You look really cheap to your wife if you don't anyway.

This
I have tried EVERYTHING to get a good tip out of a delivery to blacks.
I've arrived there before the minimum expected deadline.
I've called in like 2 minutes early to an apartment address so I can get to the lobby at the exact same time as them.
I've gone up to their fucking room at apartments.
I've taken giant orders to them.
I've made small talk about football games, the location, their order you name it.

Always with a friendly atmosphere and smile on my face.
And I get stiffed almost every single time.

90% of blacks just have zero empathy. The average tip I receive has let me know a lot about each race. I honest to god expected that women would tip more than men too, given they're so emotional, but the less empathy women have towards the working population compared to men generally shows when it comes to tips too.

Oh, and conservatives on average tip WAY better than libs. I get about $2-$3 on average tips from Bernie supporters and Jill Stein supporters, $2 from Hillary supporters, and $4 from Trump and Johnson supporters. (This is all based on political sign, so only based on highly political of each group)

It shouldn't even be about intention of the payer. Just do your fucking job and you get paid. That's the only intention that should be had here. There should be absolutely no expectation that you're going to get tipped even though you will likely be tipped regardless. The reality of tipping is that it's on the server to earn those tips. Don't make it about us. It's about you. You say it makes us look cheap if we don't and maybe you're right. It also looks you look like greedy shitbags for demanding money that you may or may not have earned. It's not your place to determine if you've earned it. It's ours.

Why the fuck should the niggers pay for your wage? That is your EMPLOYER'S responsibility.

>you're some pasty fuck who's never worked in a restaurant

>okay, you're hired
>cool! what's the pay?
>$0.85/week
>great!
>...
>HEY INTERNET, IT'S YOUR FAULT I DON'T MAKE A LOT OF MONEY!

Here's a tip: don't take a job that pays $0.85/week.

shoo shoo nigger, go away and stop ordering delivery from my store.

Roaches that live off begging for change are worse than employed niggers.

Why is the font completely different from the rest of the check?

I like giving large tips because I'm a show-off.

It's one of the few non-vulgar, socially acceptable ways to flaunt my wealth in day to day situations, don't like countries which take that away from me.

The "cost" of not eating is dying, so no.

cool it, I don't do service, I work in a hospital laboratory.

I just have friends that wait tables.

Kys autist

I'm starting to think you're willfully misinterpreting my posts so you can make another point. Which is fine, I get it, but I still gotta respond.

I didn't say anything about servers being entitled to a tip regardless of the quality of their service, if they didn't earn it don't tip well or at all. But if you're going out to eat knowing full well you aren't planning on tipping if the service is top-notch or only have enough money to pay for the food and nothing more, you shouldn't/can't afford to go out to eat.

>Implying niggers in the US are employed on average
I've been stiffed by 4 white males in a year of delivering pizza, and only one was for an order that wasn't 0.00. That's after delivering to probably over a thousand white males.

So whenever I see someone on Cred Forums advocating to never tip no matter the service, I just assume they aren't white.

There's no tipping culture in Finland. Your restaurant owners are laughing all the way to the bank because you stupid fucking cunts are accepting a tiny fucking wage and pushing the payment onto your customers.
Then you whine like babies when those customers laugh at your stupid ass for expecting them to pay extra for your sake.

Just eat stuff that grows on or invades your property. No need to waste money on food when there are all kinds of plants and bugs to be enjoyed.

Oh look, I'm 100% correct

Tipping $20 for a haircut and watching their jaw drop is the best.

>needing to plaster on a smile, be polite to exceptionally shitty people

I already do this, I work in customer service. Just not as a waiter because I'm not retarded. I do way more than just write down 'cheeseburger.'

>ensure they were prepared properly

Except waiters don't do this. If you were qualified to judge things as proper then you wouldn't be an overpaid messenger pigeon.

>carrying 5-6 plates on your arms, as well as large trays of drinks IS difficult. Place 8 full mugs of beer/top-heavy cocktail glasses on a tray, hold it over your head, and try to weave quickly around objects in your house without spilling a drop, AND manage to look graceful.

Well why don't you become a street performer and juggle bowling pins while balancing a basketball on your head? I don't give a fuck.

>You have no idea what you're talking about

Coming from having worked back of house in college, I know exactly what I'm talking about. Servers are the laziest god damned people on the planet, and need to be put in their place otherwise they will take advantage of you, and make an already tough job harder since these stupid lazy slobs are typically too pampered to clean off a plate.

I will also add that my server friends say that niggers never tip.

So just so you know, if you don't tip, you're on the same level as niggers.

Check my IDs to find what I make an hour retard. Believe me, it's far higher in any 'no tipping cultre' country outside of fine dining

Are you honestly feeling superior that you've worked a shit, pleb-tier job?

I think every European is glad not to be born in a shithole like the US, where you literally just die if you can't afford a health insurance, whether it's your own fault or not.

The gap between eating shit and your yard, and food you must pay for is far greater than the gap between delivery and frozen. I get your point, but I'm still going to eat a $5 Digornio rather than pay ~$25 for a shitty Pizza Hut pizza

The picture is bullshit.

Servers are useless to me. As a former cook, I hate them all. Their job is just to take the order down and input it, which most of them couldn't do correctly to begin with and had to explain to the cooks verbally that the fuck they want. Most kitchens have expediters/runners who bring the food out. So a server is only responsible for bringing out drinks, taking info and passing that info along. How do you justify being a prick who thinks that you deserve a tip for that?

I can tell ya from first hand experience, it's not true here in Commiefornia. Waiting tables in the early 2000's got you $3.50/hr + Tips at Denny's. Further, if the tip isn't cash, you'd never see it. (At least not all of it, it went into a shared pool that's deducted from.)

Also, $7.50 fulltime wouldn't keep you alive around here either, even back then, the average rent now being $2000, plus the car, and insurance for said, which are required to live here in SoCal at least.

>Eating out is degenerate.

And this attitude is why you've never made a woman cum.

If you aren't being paid by your employer, you aren't employed.

Yea, instead you have to hand all your money to the nig that robs you because you aren't allowed to defend yourself in your country.

Depends on how much the haircut cost, there is a fine balance to strike here. If you tip too much for no reason it's just blatant, vulgar showing off.

I am being played by my employer nigger. Follow the entire thread instead of skipping to the end next time.

And still you waiters complain when people refuse to tip? If I ever end up in Burgerland, I'll make sure not to tip anyone.

This is not true in California or New York or any of the states that actually matter.

>Except waiters don't do this. If you were qualified to judge things as proper then you wouldn't be an overpaid messenger pigeon

Want to know how I know you've never worked in a respectable restaurant?

>Coming from having worked back of house in college, I know exactly what I'm talking about

Such vast experience, user. Working at a restaurant. While in college. TGI Fridays? Chili's? Some local diner?

Fucking christ, m8, you're a clown

Dude, if you beg for money as a living then you are already the nigger.

Frankly, niggers sitting out front 7/11 asking for cigarettes and spare change are less annoying than waiters; at least the jobless nigger doesn't act like his position holds any sort of importance and doesn't throw a tantrum when you say no.

>fell for the meme that you can be turned away from necessary medical treatment

Moron. Even illegals here get free healthcare, if you know how to work things, it's not tough to play the system.

>waiter
I said look at my IDs m8
And don't worry, we know Europoors don't like to tip. That's why we hand you off to the worst drivers / servers we have :^)

Nah, i hate entitled American food servers, but most times they don't actively detract from my enjoyment of a meal, and on rare occasion can improve it.

>Pizza Hut
That's basically the Burger King of pizza places. I'm fine with paying 25-30 bucks for a good pizza from a local place.
>I am being played by my employer
Then why do so many service roaches cry about not getting paid?

>literal, by the book ad-hominem that has nothing to do with the present argument
>thinking that working as a cook in a respectable restaurant is a shit, pleb-tier job

Oh I'm laffin. Go hang yourself, Jarkko.

You misunderstand. There are exactly two states, Alaska and Oklahoma, which use the federal minimum wage for servers. Every other state is at least 5 dollars, and some go as high as 12.

The idea that waiters don't get paid is a lie created by edgy art majors who don't have enough money for weed and cigarettes and can't hold down a normal job like retail or labor so they have to rely on high-turnover, low standard employment like waiting tables. They make just as much as every other minimum wage worker, except the people ringing up your groceries and cooking your food don't get tipped.

Fuckin' this.

You either have no idea what you're talking about or worked in a low-tier, low-skill restaurant causing you to generalize and project that experience onto the rest

... okay so when you go eat out, you go ahead and clean your own table, go deal with the kitchen staff yourself, and bring your own food. Because apparently doing those things isn't working

When you go to eat out, you're paying for the food and the service of not having to prepare it yourself or fetch it yourself.

If you can't deal with that, just go get fast food or cook your own food in the kitchen.

>60% white, counting Arabs and North Africans as white
We are nowhere near US levels yet. May be the reason why our homicide rate is a whopping 10 times lower.

Your employer lied to you and stole your wages, California has required servers be paid $7.50 since 1994.

I can attest to this. They moved me from the kitchen at Maccas to the front counter, which I was actually good at. Made about $8 in tips per day even though we don't have the tipping thing here and is actually against company policy.

Just get a better job lol. The free market give you what you deserve not what you need. And if you deserve more than you need then you can either become less worthless or you can cease to exist.

>if you can't tip don't eat out, I agree

Honestly, when I went to the US about 2 years ago, one of the things I was looking forward to most was going to a restaraunt, just so I could intentionally not tip.

What was even more astounding, but in a way hilarious, was that they recognised my accent and said "You do know tipping works a different here from the UK, its pretty much compulsory"

I simply said "I'm not legally obliged to, and you are paid at least minimum wage by law" and left, after paying the exact bill, to the cent.

>low-tier, low-skill restaurant
That's redundant.

Oh, sorry, my bad.
A fucking pizza delivery guy. No worries there then though, I'd never want your services.

So you were clearly feeling superior, then, seeing how defensive you get all of a sudden and start insulting cooks out of the air. Fucking laughable, mate.

>works as a waiter
>calls others a clown

Once again, I live in Vegas, and worked a pretty good restaurant. Even dishwashers at shitty little dives warrant more respect than you.

Want to know how I know you've never worked in a respectable profession?

>he thinks being a waiter is special

Found the black guy.

I don't know why servers whine so much. I average $20 an hour, and due to the nature of averages even the occasional stiff doesn't really shake that up.
I just like to point out how niggers are pretty much the only group that stiffs consistently, so I assume people that advocate to stiff on the chinese carrier pigeon message relay system tend to probably be niggers.

>When you go to eat out, you're paying for the food and the service of not having to prepare it yourself or fetch it yourself.
And I will pay the owner of the restaurant for these services and trust him to take care of his employees :^)

Not really, here when you surprise a cute server or a stylist with a 20 or 50 they love it and I've even gotten a few numbers on the receipt.

I've worked in both the kitchen and front of house. Well it was bar/waiter not straight up waiter. Front of house is worse. Mainly for the fact you are always in public view. In the kitchen you can swear and punch stuff which helps relieve stress. Outside you have to smile and do whatever the customer wants regardless of how much of a twat they are.

The US homicide rate is caused by nigger culture though. Even if European countries became as non-white, there's a good chance the murder rate wouldn't reach the US'.

I'd love to if it meant the waiters would be put out of work.

I'll tip the chef when I grab my food and tip the dish washer when I bring him my plates. Better than feeding the animals they employ to pretend to be happy to see me.

.. I see over a dozen states that use the federal minimum tipped wage. Alaska pays higher.

So are you from another universe?

This. I hate this faggotry. In Japan it's actually offensive to tip. I like that culture.

>A fucking pizza delivery guy. No worries there then though, I'd never want your services.
No worries, we don't want European service either!

Yeah but... Wealth is social power in America. The more aggressively you show it off the better you'll be treated and respected.

That still doesn't change the fact it's vulgar.

I like you

I never tip and encourage others to not tip because I hate service roaches and want them to starve to death.

>is a begger for a living
>calls others black

I swear some servers that I meet act like they're the unsung heroes of the labor force or some shit like nigga get a real job

so you eat at buffets and fast food then, got it.

>works as a waiter

Are you blind? I work as a fucking cook, you mong.

This was not a nogunz argument, especially from me, being in a country where you can just buy one if you feel like it, but a "60% white one". Despite all the shitskin influx we are way past 90% white, counting Arabs and North Africans NOT as white.

99% of white people tip.
So forgive me if I assume neither of you are white :^)

He was saying he would love doing what you suggested in your previous post. Are you retarded?

Tipping culture is fucking gay.

the only way he could make net pay that low is to rake in decent tips

>2.13 over 76 hours after taxes is about 126 dollars
>to have that much deducted means he would have needed to make about 550 dollars in tips over that span

it's still a shit job with relatively shit pay but it is what it is

>real job

Like changing your diaper, fatty?

>99%
wtf? I hate not-tipping now. I am now a #Tipper

>choosing a job which only guarantees you $1.70 every fortnight

kek

Foreigners are known not to tip that's why your service is shit. Tip up front and they will be nicer to you

>tipping ever
lmao @ ur life

Butthurt self entitled racist server detected.

vul·gar
ˈvəlɡər/
adjective
lacking sophistication or good taste; unrefined.
"the vulgar trappings of wealth"
synonyms: tasteless, crass, tawdry, ostentatious, flamboyant, overdone, showy, gaudy, garish, brassy, kitsch, kitschy, tinselly, loud; More
making explicit and offensive reference to sex or bodily functions; coarse and rude.
"a vulgar joke"
synonyms: rude, indecent, indelicate, offensive, distasteful, coarse, crude, ribald, risqué, naughty, suggestive, racy, earthy, off-color, bawdy, obscene, profane, lewd, salacious, smutty, dirty, filthy, pornographic, X-rated; More
dated
characteristic of or belonging to the masses.

Wat?

>using the term fortnight

how many bongs is that?

That's nothing. I did a job as a contract at Home Depot for a couple months. The gig was to assemble grills and shit, paid per itemyoy assemble. Grills are easy, so you'd get like $3-7 per grill. I was in a shit location in tje middle of nowhere (because that's where I lived at the time), so they only gave me a handful of shit to do a week.

My last paycheck, that should have been for $42 or so, was $11, because my child support finally caught up. Quit that shit on the spot.

Protip: of you owe child support, only ever work as a 1099 contractor, don't put money in the bank, and don't do taxes. They'll never be able to take a dime from you.

Literally everyone ITT supporting (((tipping))) is a service roach.

>This was not a nogunz argument, especially from me, being in a country where you can just buy one if you feel like it
And I wasn't talking about guns. The culture amongst the US nigger population itself is what's causing the violence. They idolize violence, drug-pushers and worthless rappers who get rich easy and then instead of actually educating themselves for a future, they just work on their piss-poor rapping, thinking success is just going to drop in their laps.
They think anyone trying to succeed intelligently is an uncle Tom and trying to act white and what's worst, the affirmitive action system in the US allows the niggers to stay where they are. In fact, you could even claim the system is in place to keep them down. To keep them voting democrat and being worthless.

Like maybe one that you need a degree/any amount of training for

Waiters are very much like the jew.

If you don't want to give them gratuity for somehow managing to remember an order long enough after you having said it to immediately write it down they will say -

>You're cheap(despite the fact that you've obviously gone to a nice restaurant to eat expensive food)
>You're black(despite that they are essentially panhandling going table to table while performing less of a service than guys who sell newspapers)
>You'll eat spit(though they have no way of knowing whether you'll tip or not until the end)

They
>Lie about their wages
>Lie about their earnings
>Lie about how difficult their work is

Generally, the only requirement for being a waiter is 2nd grade literacy levels and the ability to cajole people.

>women
Sure is redit in here

what's it like being a nigger on this board?

/thread

This bullshit myth that "muh servers don't make minimum wage because they get tips" is a complete lie, likely put out by servers themselves. The entitled fucking fucks.

1.70$ is way more than what a server deserves kek

I work at a restaurant part time and I can tell you. I hate the customers with all my heart. I hated people before but this just made everything so much worse.

>start insulting cooks out of the air

Reading. Compre. Hension.

>racist
It's common knowledge niggers don't tip among delivery drivers and servers.
I'd love to see a "who supports BLM based on occupation" study to come out, I'd be willing to bet that servers, drivers, and bartenders would be at an all time low for it.

We give our regular pizza guy $5 every time. I only own a motorcycle, so bringing a pizza home is out of the question. I figure since the guy has a good view of my balls while I sit on my couch playing videogames facing the door, he deserves $5.

>paying your bills makes you a nigger
Service roachey gonna cry?

Most of what you say is right, but being a good waiter in a busy restaurant is easily the most stressful job I've ever had

The pay was great, but it's miserable trying to keep up 20 tables at a time in Norther Virginia where everyone is an entitled piece of shit

The only time you tip is if the service is excellent and beyond whats expected, when being abroad I've only had that happen at fancier restaurants where the waiters probably already make atleast minimum wage.

Honest though, why do people choose to become waiters and then whine about it? Surely they know their prospects?

Feels good to earn $28/hr + tip as a server.

Almost every job listing on CL is like that. Best part is, if the listing is that long, typically it's a shit $10/hr gig, or they don't list the pay, so you have to waste your time going to an interview just to find out.

t. never went to a high end restaurant

You can't even drink the tap water in the US. It's one of the strongest indicators for being an honorary third world country, unrelated to your economic situation.
>tfw feels good to be European

So let me get this right.

Waiter is the only job in the US where people are so retarded you don't even have to pay them minimum wage?

Instead of crying about not getting tipped, why don't you cry about not getting paid minimum fucking wage and actually do something about it?

Because your country seems to have a problem with people thinking they're temporarily embarrassed millionaires and so love the opportunity to throw money around to the peons like they're some big shot, like this fuckwit. Maybe they're only making $10 an hour themselves but hey they get to decide whether their server gets 15% or 20%!

It's kinda sad.

>choose
They have no career prospects.

>relying to tips

cancer, just pay them properly, raise prices if necessary. don't pretend your service is cheap then expect me to pay your peasant workers wages as well. fuck that shady shit right off cunt

for the most part it is bullshit, but there are dubious companies and/or dubious managers out there who will coerce tip wage employees into reporting enough to keep them out of tip wage makeup regardless of whether or not they actually made that much.

>Foreigners are known not to tip that's why your service is shit. Tip up front and they will be nicer to you
Fuck. That. I would rather not get any fucking service at all than pay some conceited wankstain extra money so he does his fucking job.

This is fucking satire lol

A good server is there for hospitality, they're supposed to add a level of warmness to the event and know everything about the restaurant.

Yeah seriously if a waiter in America is complaining about their job they must really suck OR perhaps they work in a tourist restaurant where you get foreigners who just don't tip. That can be upsetting especially since the government does assume you get tips.

I'm not in service. I'm in healthcare.

Not in the US. Unless you're talking about a buffet.

Still I think paying people to do most basic tasks like preparing food seems very odd.
It feels like paying people to wipe my ass. Why would I do that.

I figure the pizza guy deserves a tip based on the wear and tear to his vehicle.

because you're not at your home so why should they cook for you for free

It differs state by state. Some have a lower min wage than others, some require tipped employees to still be paid at least minimum before tips. It's kind of a state decision more than anything.
Not that I'm complaining, lets me make a good wage while in school.

Very generous of you, if you were a regular I'd ensure a speedy delivery whenever I see your name.
Feel free to request stupid shit like 'draw pepe on the box' too, I don't know about your store, but if I see a regular request that I always take at least a minute to make a drawing if I can.

Being a student trying to pay your debt by being a service roachey is not being "in healthcare".

Average rent in CA is not $2000+ you lying sack. A room will cost you $500 to $700. You arent entitled to a 2 bedroom house on your Dennys salary
>"Fucking Wall Street taking all the houses so hard working Americans like me are left with 1% of the wealth, go Bernie!"
Learn to live within your means

>why don't you cry about not getting paid minimum fucking wage and actually do something about it?

Because that'd force them to acknowledge the fact that they are, in fact, guaranteed minimum wage. Scamming people by pretending like their wages are shit is a lucrative little gig.

yeah, but white trash and subhumans will usually try to exceed minimum wage by harassing anyone who doesn't tip, instead of getting a proper career.

They make significantly more money than minimum wage off tips, the "don't make minimum wage" thing is just to discourage a rebellion against tipping culture

Tipping makes food cheaper by keeping employer costs down

This is also true, if you actually try to report not getting enough tips to cover minimum wage, you get fired on the spot because you're clearly a shitty fucking server

>A good server is there for hospitality, they're supposed to add a level of warmness to the event and know everything about the restaurant.

If I want warmness I will go to a strip club.

Waiters are fucking useless to me. Essentially overpriced curtains.

Then why work as a fucking waiter/waitress you fucking retarded cunt.

>Cafes don't exist in the US
u wot m8?
What backwards area do you live in? They're all over in my city.
I rarely go because fuck sandwiches, which is 99% of what they have.

I figure the landscaper deserves a tip based on the wear and tear to his tools.

I figure the roofer deserves a tip based on the wear and tear to his tools.

>lacking sophistication or good taste
>tasteless, crass, tawdry, ostentatious, flamboyant, overdone, showy, gaudy, garish, brassy, kitsch, kitschy, tinselly, loud

Just that, it's nouveau riche vulgarity.

As is the whole idea of getting numbers from "cute servers or stylists"; why are you using your money to try and have sex with lower class women?

I understand this is a hard thing to get, maybe in a few generations your descendants might get it.

If you are nowhere near a location where you can cook or get food that is edible un- or precooked then it may be legit.
But I see normies going to eat out for amusement.

Probably has child support taken out.

The idea is you get better and faster service. Which is generally true. Go to any country which doesn't tip waiters and wait 40 minutes just for a drink.

Its literally just a way to shame black people without sounding racist. The only people who dont tip are black, many times even the well off ones

>you get fired on the spot because you're clearly a shitty fucking server

except of course when tip wage employees are overstaffed and questionably utilized because they're cheap labor.

If they're charging more than $3 for a beer, and more than $5 for a bowl of fucking noodles, I wouldn't tip them shit. Hell, I wouldn't eat there period.

Kitchen is hot as fuck but you dont have to deal with the public.

So you only eat at BBQ/Fast Food places?

Surely ditchdigging and streetcleaning is a thing in america? There are thousands of jobs if you are willing to get your hands dirty.

Unsure what the fuck a "tourist" restaurant is, assume it means a restaurant which for some reason attracts alot of tourists. Again, if its fancy I'll gladly tip, stayed at a five star hotell once in 'murica and I tipped both when we ate at the restaurant in there one night we where to tired to go out, and the cleaning/room crew. Because both went out of their way to be nice and provide good service. Its that simple.

I've been out of school for 5 years, I work in a hospital laboratory, Hematology.

I've actually never worked in food industry

I just have a few friends who have worked as servers, another that has worked as a cook, and another that used to deliver pizza while going to school, and have heard them complaining about this shit.

They actually refer to niggers like you as "Canadians", it's understood when someone mentions they have a table of Canadians they mean niggers and expect that they're working that table for free.

>I'll think you are a dumb retard.

You're the delivery driver, mate...

Based miscer.

City tax. Weeaboo tax. I live in San Diego. I found this authentic ramen place and it's become my addiction. the slowly simmered pork broth is so heavenly.. also it feels like my chinese cartoons. Oh and yeah, 3 dollar beers only exist during happy hour at the crappy bars around here.

>willing to get your hands dirty.
The parasite has no concept of hard work.

Nope, I live in a great culinary city with an excess of top class restaurants.

Sorry you can't even afford fast food on your 1.50 wage though, not my job to take care of the panhandlers :^)

Holy beta max 4000

That's retarded and shouldn't be our problem

>they're working that table for free.

You mean aside from their wage, right?

When a gas station attendant sells you a pack of cigarettes and you don't tip him, he didn't "do it for free"

I have a hard time believing anybody who went to college is retarded enough to think that if you didn't receive gratuity for doing a job you're paid for you "did it for free."

Nice try though, waiter.

Trips of truth

So I'm dumb for choosing to work a job that makes me $20/hr while in uni so don't have any marketable skills yet?
Please, tell me more about how stupid I am for choosing this over $12/hr work study, $10/hr retail, or $15/hr for odd jobs.

blame the restaurant lobbyists then, they're the only reason moronic laws like this exist.

Don't give him anymore (You)s

If you don't like the job, find another one instead of complaining, lazy faggot.

Tourist restaurant would just be anything where a lot of your clientele are foreigners.

Las Vegas nowadays has droves of rich Chinese that walk around and gamble is droves. They're such a huge group that the Strip has Chinese Speaking dealers to accommodate them.

Well, for one you're posting gay anime shit, so that says something about your intelligence right there.

>get paid like shit
>live like shit
>feel like shit
nah

Why should I have to pay more than what my food costs? It's not my fault they don't get paid enough, I'm not their boss.

If you're a server who bitches about not getting tips, get a new job.

Buy bread, pork and pickles.
Put pork and pickles into bread.
Congrats, you cooked your meal away from home.

>>>/reddit/

>>Why should I have to pay more than what my food costs?
You realize food costs less in the US because of tipping culture, right?

True that. Its even worse in Sweden I'd imagine.
Currently working towards a PHD in CS. But still every summer I go back to my home town and work as an ash runner at the local (huge) metal foundry.

The job consists of running around in 10kg of protective gear + gasmask in a 40'c - 60'c (104' - 140' in 'freedom measurements) environment shuffling ash away from under the ovens 10 hours a day for 2 weeks. You collapse after each day but since its shift work in an dangerous physical enviroment you gain cash like nothing else.

Then the fucking feminists come "You have such an easy life, I had to work one summer as a receptionists to cover for my student loan since I failed to many grades!".

Empire of sand.

Kys

>not paying servers like any other jobs
what's wrong with you 'merica?

>Why should I have to pay more than what my food costs?

you are literally retarded
because someone prepared it and brought it out to you. It's a convenience fee for being a lazy faggot who could get the food cheaper at the grocery store even if you didn't have to tip for it

It was meant as an off the cuff comment and a bit of mild banter but fuck it, yes, you are.
I was making £30 an hour whilst studying for my undergrad.
Maths and science private tuition is easy money.

Enjoy making fuck all.

Rich people are notoriously bad tippers. At least in low tier diners.

I think the reason is when you're accustomed to eating in fine dining establishments with superior service that charge a flat 15% service fee, it's hard to justify paying the entitled hag in the diner the 20% that she demands.

Whatever the reason, it's prevalent enough that waitresses don't expect rich people to tip well and even assume that extravagant tippers to be poor. So extravagant tipping is a moot way of displaying wealth.

>Oklahoma

I don't know about Alaska, but as far as Oklahoma goes I think that exception only applies to mom and pops. Large chains like Olive Garden/Sonic/Marriot etc. HAVE to make up the difference.

>tipping culture
Go away Redit. Why does everything have to be a culture now?

Hahahaha

So manufacturer autists that have yet to taste working life. You will, oh you will.

>ash runner
That sounds really comfy. It would be nice if more young men were interested in work like that rather than getting people refills and extra dressing for their salads.

i only ever go out for my birthday. and its always olive garden where i eat ~4 bowls of salad to myself and take the main dish home

Not paying servers the $15 or so they'd make an hour in other countries means that restaurants can reduce the cost of food, which increases customer flow and increases profits.
The customer at the end of the day pays the same, but the restaurant pulls in more customers and the servers make more per hour than they would otherwise. Everyone wins.

Good for your uni to make such programs, those don't exist for the most part here.
Though how many hours were you allowed to have a week? I generally do about 35 hours a week at $20/hr

Because it's nice to have a conversation with others over a meal while not having to worry about the meal itself.

I'm not a server dummy I just fuck em.

>just get another job, or move
O RLY

the wage in the state they work in is $2.13 an hour (Georgia), and that just goes to their taxes, so, yeah, worked that table for free, but they still made $200 that night from other tables.

People who work in a job that require virtuely no qualifications or intelligence are fucking degenerates that I have no respect for; I would rather be a NEET with middle class parents than a fucking mindless drone selling off every last bit of dignity to survive, and do so poorly. Go to university and get a job worth something, because at the moment, if you do anything tertiary, you are a fucking loser.

okay so the solution is to pay them roughly what they make per hour from tips as a wage, and tack it onto the menu prices.

So if they're making $20 an hour in tips, but now it's a $20 an hour wage, that'll reflect in the prices of the food at the restaurant. Is that what you want?

I did it off my own back.
I was working about 20 hours a week = £600 which with the exchange rate then (on average £1 = $1.60) was approx $960 a week. You make $700 for an extra 15 hours work each week though obviously you get tips.

I was only trying to wind you up though desu.

you say that, but when I told my friend how much I make after having spent 4 years in university and 1 year internship he said he'd never think poorly on waiting tables again.. because without going to University and racking up debt like me, he makes about 90% of what I make (although my position is salaried, so my pay is more stable. If he has a night where all the niggers decided to go out to eat and those were his tables he'll come home short that night)

>Tipping makes food cheaper by keeping employer costs down
Is it still less expensive when you account for the average tip?

When i visited Canada and went to a waffle house, the waitress followed me outside the restaurant because i forgot to tip.

Why don't americans boss pay their servers?
It may be a shit job but it's literally jewery

It is nice. Especially when you are bros with the managers and coworkers.
Hard work that pays off godlike and you loose weight at the same time.
Favorite moment of working there was the first day, where I commented that "Why are there these odd brick walls randomly standing everywhere around the ovens? And why do they have those weird roofs extending behind them?"
"Well you see user if half a liter of water is trapped in some of the metall that we put in the (ljusbågsugn, don't now the english name, electric-arc-oven? Or directly translated Lightbow-oven) the whole thing explodes like TNT, except it also spews out a few ton of molten steel. So when you hear the alarm that an oven is about to get loaded you have around 20 seconds to run and hide behind one of those walls"

youtube.com/watch?v=-RYCXDUt2m8

The ones I work with are about 3 times larger.

why would they say something that dumb to you, then still expect a tip? Did anyone tell them that's not how things work?

10/10 response though but Jesus Christ

>trying to explain the concept of noveau riche vulgarity to an american

That's basically their entire culture, it's like trying to explain what water is to a fish.

I chose a decent job in private equity, I make £70,000 annually (bonuses included). I have only been working here 4 years, that is why you study either mathematics or economics in uni.

Ends up being about the same.
It's essentially a jew scheme to get more people enticed to go to restaurants due to lower cost, even though they're paying the same.

Lel hospitality is shit altogether. Try working in a hotel, and not the good ones. Even in reception you get a lot of shit from people, way more than a waiter and you don't get tips and stuff. All other bullshit applies, sometimes 12-14 hours shifts and you must work weekends/nights.

Because restaurants operate on a narrow profit margin. Raising wages of serving staff would raise the prices of the food, which would drive away customers. Niggers would never eat out if the cost of the food was equivalent to the price of the food + expected tip.

The restaurant still makes money when niggers eat out and don't tip, just the servers don't.

Assuming min. wage for servers of $2.30, working 38 hours each week means they paid ~$175 in taxes.

Can't be sure what state it is, so let's assume a state+federal income tax rate of 20% combined (it's probably less than this though). Also assuming that the income tax was taken out of the paycheck

Based on an income tax rate of 20%, I'd estimate that server is pulling in around $1700/mo after tax. That's a pretty decent amount of money for taking orders and carrying plates tbqh. If the income tax rate is lower, then they're making even more.

I went into laboratory science because it's what interested me. But yeah, it doesn't pay a lot compared to other professions.

I have to say, it does sound interesting.

California fag here, all employees have to be paid minimum wage and be compensated for all expenses. Why the fuck is tipping still expected here? Literally an institutionalized bribery/extortion scheme.

Not that I ever actually tip:
>order all food to go
>eat at outside tables

If anyone ever makes an issue of it, I just say I changed my mind.

Cred Forums has fucked up my view on tipping. I never tip anymore and I eat out several times a week because I constantly travel for work. I get $100/day allowance for meals and usually have plenty left over for tips, but simply don't. I see it as helping them aim for a real job.

It was, for the first few years.. but after awhile.. you do anything for a living and it just becomes a chore and routine But that's basically any job.

Yes; but then again, you could go back to university and study something else.

more debt? You're crazy. I'm finally getting done paying for the first round of debt.

That is the Ameriburger education system.. debt debt debt.

I don't, the servers here are respectful enough to not demand tip

its not true. servers get a minimum wage of 2.50 an hour. they also make a lot in tip money. normally they pocket this tip money and do not report it so as to avoid paying the tax costs on their earnings. when they do claim there tips (theyre forced to when tipped by credit card) the tax is either taken from their weekly/bi-weekly paycheck or paid for at the end of the year. what happened in ops pic was the server made a shit ton in claimed/reported tips and the taxes were deducted from his check.

every single server i have ever met has made damn good money. usually anywhere from 10/hour to 50-60/hour, and they all live and work in small towns so theyre not unique or an exception in anyway. servers are usually the highest paid staff when tips are taken into account, with only bartenders making more then them.

fuck whining servers, faggots make bank for easy af work and then misrepresent themselves so as to whine about not making enough.

the vast majority of servers make well over minimum wage. ending the practice of tipping and tying them to an hourly wage only would actually be a massive pay cut for most servers.