Director Tim Burton is under fire for not casting "people of colour" in a victorian-styled english movie (Miss...

>Director Tim Burton is under fire for not casting "people of colour" in a victorian-styled english movie (Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children)

“Nowadays, people are talking about it more,” he says regarding on-screen diversity. But “things either call for things, or they don’t. I remember back when I was a child watching The Brady Bunch and they started to get all politically correct, like, OK, let’s have an Asian child and a black — I used to get more offended by that than just — I grew up watching blaxploitation movies, right? And I said, that’s great. I didn’t go like, OK, there should be more white people in these movies.”

---------------
>rabid SJWs are going nuts and attacking him

some select SJW comments:

"It’s easy Tim, you just take a role, ANY OLD ROLE, and assign it to a person of color"

"Oh, FUCK NO. You can’t even cast a diverse group of people in AN IMAGINARY WORLD?!!"

"No offense to anyone with the name but is there something inherently defective with the name “Tim”? FWB- defective as hell. Friend from high school- defective suddenly super pro-life, rabidly catholic mansplainin’ twat. "

"Shocking that his opinions are as insufferable as his aesthetic"

"I read the book and as far as I remember all the characters were described as white and European, but there’s zero reason that had to be the case"

ALL THE CHARACTERS WERE DESCRIBED TO BE WHITE AND EUROPEAN, WHY WOULD THE DIRECTOR WANT NIGGERS AND SPICS ALL OVER THE MOVIE? REEEEEEE

>tl:dr now very based director refuses to have niggers and spics and chinks all over a victorian english boarding school movie

(link to not give them clicks)
archive.is/fTFcx

(if you must read the comments,quite lulzy)
jezebel.com/tim-burton-on-diversity-in-film-things-either-call-for-1787250171

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/06/john-boyega-pacific-rim-sequel-star-wars-the-force-awakens-1201767756/
movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=567941
youtube.com/watch?v=WcebgKvAoh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does it not occur to these people that, with the exception of a few major trade hubs, most of the world wasn't in any way multicultural until fairly recently?

>>Director Tim Burton is under fire for not casting "people of colour"
From who and where is he under fire? Retarded SJW writing blog posts? If so then who the fuck cares? Why don't he just make a tweet and have ask the anti SJW to debate the fuck out of them?

This makes me think.

They should redo the Zulu film and cast white people as the tribal people fighting against Royal Negroid Troops of the Negroid Union in tribal Europa

>Eva Green
Muh dick

Too bad it looks like a kids movie

A lot of Americans probably do actually not know this, or just don't want to know this.

>tim burton defending monocultural films
Damn, I have to actually pay to see this movie now.

Reality doesn't occur to them, it's their darkest nightmare.

what?

But if whites play the part of the Zulu, the Zulu win

they dont care

everything has to have "people of colour" in it

except when the chinese casted ben affleck in a supporting role in their fantasy action movie recently (to appeal to westerners) the SJWs said it was "whitewashing"

casting people of colour for no reason = good

casting white people for no reason = whitewashing

mainly jezebel and tumblr

i like how Tim Burton, who used to be a darling of teenage girls worldwide, is now saying no to this cultural nonsense

the cultural tide is shifting

>ben affleck

Maybe he's the voice of some CGI creature or something.

Nope.

they are also complaining that he is the only person of colour

Movies don't have nigger quotas. The left can fuck off.

He's a racist there should be more magic people

No that doesn't occur to them. These are people who if asked would probably put the black population of the US at 40%, asian at 10% and native american at 5%. They obsess over finding singular unique examples of occasional travelers. The one arab in court at london or the one African somewhere in Bohemia in the middle ages. Then they conflate that with it being prolific. They don't have a good sense of ethnic distribution, and even when pointed out they will rage against it because it doesn't align with their current ideology. Heads they win, tails you're racist.

They don't care
See that hack Moffat's little speech about how historical accuracy comes second to social justice in Doctor Who

>Victorian
>Set in 1945
How the fuck are they this retarded?

They even had to nigger up The Rocky Horror Picture Show. They made all the white people SJW's and the rest are niggers. Even Dr.Scott.

He is the main villain

I haven't went to a movie in a theater since that Angry Birds movie. I know what I'm taking the kids to see.

Someone should edit this for "film" or "movie".

Tim Burton visuals + Eva Green is reason enough to watch.

>except when the chinese casted ben affleck in a supporting role in their fantasy action movie recently (to appeal to westerners) the SJWs said it was "whitewashing"

That's Matt Damon and the character he's playing was white in the books as well, so they"re not color-casting here.

Just watched it. It was a pretty decent popcorn movie. Samuel L Jackson is in it. Guess it wasn't enough to meet the snowflake quota.

>white people are magical individuals with amazing powers
>blacks are evil monsters that want to kill them because reasons
pottery

MUH HWITEWASHING

I love Tim Burton right now. Hope he doesn't cave to these legbeard syrupgenders.

There. So it features a black person. Is that not enough to shut these people the fuck up?

i always confuse matt damon and ben affleck

Pacific Rim 2 will have the star wars nigger as the jap chick's main love interest

>Pacific Rim 2 will have the star wars nigger as the jap chick's main love interest

But she got with Jackie Boy from SoA in number 1

Why do white people care more than black or brown people?

It's a pity I really disliked the book this was based on.

No hot Eva Green photos?
I'm disappointed.

Because they score points for being so progressive and defenders of victims of oppression.

>virtue signalling
>hero complex
>personal inadequacies
>overzealous guilt complex
>desire to patronise others
>are secretly racist themselves
>hate whites
>hate themselves

Its a matter of taking your pick from the above, really.

Based tim. I would see the film just because if this but it stars nigger Jackson who is an ardent trump hater and for that reason, I'm out.

1) I literally saw Samuel L Jackson in the promotional ad for this movie

2) Why the fuck would there be people of a different ethnicity in a place set in Victorian England

Do chinese people even care? I mean there are a very small amount of "chinese actors" screaming for inclusion but they're just doing it for the attention and hoping to get more high paying roles and exposure but from my experience it's usually googles, race traitor whites that want to be offended on the behalf of minorities and a small amount of spics that are doing it for the same reason as the chinese ones.

>Eva loved Tim Burton movies growing up
>in his movie now
>has been seen with his arm around her

She fucked her hero.

no, no chinese care, only those western ones who drink the college liberal koolaid do

>Jackson who is an ardent trump hater

now im conflicted

They genuinely do not care. These people like to fantasize about a black man and a white woman killing nazis then fucking on top of a mountain made of nazi corpses.

>are secretly racist themselves

no, nothing secretive about their racism, infact its a badge of honour for them. They display racism overtly, wearing t-shirts in public calling for the death of white men. Last time i checked very few far right walk around with "Fuck Niggers" on a t-shirt whilst going shopping or at work, unlike some fat, evil, ugly, nasty blue haired SJW who can openly shout her discrimination.

far right speak in codes, 88 14, far left are overt

This SJW politically correct shit is out of control,we should have nipped it in the bud when we had the chance but it's too late we've lost control lads.

Apparently its "problematic" that the bad guy is Samuel L Jackson.

Hes seen eating a bowl of kids eyes and its one of his scenery chewing acting efforts, hes having some serious fun doing it.

Good to see he took the "never apologize to a SJW" advice

People who thrive off of being offended take offence.

Ignore and move on.

LEARN
TO
SAY
NO

That's a trap isn't it. Hands are way too big.

>Pacific Rim 2 will have the star wars nigger as the jap chick's main love interest

Citation for that claim?

Heres a scene from the movie.

TIME BUBBLE

There you go m8

>Just because we are magic doesn't mean we aren't real

Thanks, burgerbro.

deadline.com/2016/06/john-boyega-pacific-rim-sequel-star-wars-the-force-awakens-1201767756/

yep, another woman given what she wants. is this news?

let me know when Angelina Jolie bangs the guy who carrys her bags

Be warned though, Tim Burton hasn't made a good film in decades. In fact he's been making a string of very bad films lately.

>nigger as the jap chick's main love interest
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fucking jews.

Welp, there goes Del Toro to the shitlist.

But it doesn't say anywhere about him being her romantic interest?

I thought their problem was with the children, which I guess he isn't.

>1+1=2

Queen Victoria's favourite servant in her latter days after prince Albert's death was a fucking Poo-in-Loo. Though obviously a victorian children's home in fucking England would be 100% white.

you know where they are going with it

hes cast as the lead, not the supporting

they'll have the main female lead BLACKED

Don't worry about it.

Nigger or not I want more giant robots goddamnit

God, I love Eva Green and her sweet supple ample bosom but, this movie looks like shit just like all the other movies of that hack. That said, he seems based now.

>"I read the book and as far as I remember all the characters were described as white and European, but there’s zero reason that had to be the case"

lmao dumb

Why would there be no black ppl in a film about magic though?

We literally were the first people to invent magic. The ancient melanoid people of Africa actually mastered blood magic while the white man was still on caves. It's how the pyramids were built.

Just seems kind of unrealistic to have no blacks

All of those quotes are cancer, these people have completely lost their minds, but:

>"No offense to anyone with the name but is there something inherently defective with the name “Tim”? FWB- defective as hell. Friend from high school- defective suddenly super pro-life, rabidly catholic mansplainin’ twat. "

What. The. Fuck.

>Saber with a saber

M-more?

None of that matters

Once whites finally die out they will be scrubbed from the history books and all of the great white leaders and scientists and artists will be portrayed as black

Maybe niggers should have written books too

Ed Wood and Big Fish are pretty good films desu

And his animated stuff is decent

I know this board is very, you know, anti-nigger, but there are plenty of great books by black authors in the 20th century

>"Shocking that his opinions are as insufferable as his aesthetic"

TRIGGERED

Kek confirmed for not pleased. Tim Burton's most successful film confirmed.

Isn't that the truth though?

I told a SJW that once. She got mad as shit and said something about books being hard to write. No shit?

>JUST CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE AND WRITE BOOKS FOR BLACK PEOPLE

>great

Really user? Name a few GREAT books written by nigger. I can hardly name 20 GREAT books written by white people.

Do you mean average books? Average is great for a nigger.

No, I meant to say some of them are secretly racist as in (a)they hate nonwhites themselves but will never admit it out of fear of exclusion, hence the virtue signalling(b)live in areas that are virtually 100% white safe zones yet push for more foreigners in every area except their own, its a cowardly 'fuck everyone else' mentality.

Such as?

Liking that flag and those numbers

Cuz he plays the villain,a and there is only him. They want more blacks.

>Main character's grandpa moved to the home from Poland
>He was "running from monsters"
>The monsters are called Hologhasts
I think he tried to make it an allegory for Jews, but it backfired because it wasn't obvious enough and he was left with an all-White cast.

The Invisible Man, Native Son, Cane, Things Fall Apart, Black Skin White Mask, Arrow of God, Another Country, 1/2 of Toni Morrison's oeuvre

Rare Trinidad google appears.

According Trudeau, Zulus won last time.

Haven't heard of any of them. They must not be that great.

>forced diversity in period dramas
My rage is so intense at the idea of this that it is not expressible in human speech. This image will have to suffice for the emotions provoked by the news.

>eva green will never wrap her legs around you
>even in dreams you wake up before penetration

thanks obama

>baaaww why don't white people make movies about my culture/history for me!
Why are niggers so entitled?

Maybe you just don't read a lot. Particularly strange given that you have a US flag.

I've read a few of them and didn't find them GREAT. I looked up all of them and none of them are in the upper 80% ratings wise. What makes them great? Because they're whiny nigger books about how hard life is cuz of evil whitey?

I don't find that particularly compelling.

And

>Black Skin White Mask

Quackery on top of quackery.

The TV show Friends would be considered racist these days for a lack of diversity. Really makes you think huh?

You might as well say you don't find any books founded on classism or anything relating to it compelling, either, m8

Those books are great to me; I think many books are great. Greatness is very relative when it comes to criticism of any art - I'm not going to say anything silly like these novels are greater than some established master of the novel like Henry James, Nabokov, Joyce, Dosto, Turgenev or whomever else, but they are worth mentioning in a canonical sense.

You just supported his point.

If you disprove your enemies, they win?

Breh, I haven't read a ton of black lit, but there's no denying based on what I have read that there is QUALITY there

The new film's supposed to be shit, but I'm sending my kids to see it this afternoon anyway

great parenting. You also gonna feed them poison then rape the corpses

I would only call a book great if it were in the upper 80% of books I've read. Or alternatively I could say it was great in theory if the rating for it was in the upper 80%. None of the books you listed fit either category.

They may qualify as good (better than 50% of books) but great? Eh, nah. These books are mainly read by people interested in the subject matter and even then they aren't rated in the upper 80%.

No thats Cultural Appropriation shitlord

I have a busy day ahead, but I'll see what I can do

>you must fight racist by judging people by their skin's color not their merits your racist shitlord

There should be a remake of " ROOTS" with Justin Bieber playing Kunta Kinte

that just means you cant fucking read its no wonder your women are leaving you

Holy shit, digits confirm. I hope it only is applied to american history. I mean it's already happening with google focusing more on black american inventots and some white alerican inventors being blackened (bell and benjamin franklin spring to mind).

i would actually quite like to see that. Someone start a petition

Actually this was a lost occasion for some huge hilarity.
He should've casted the invisible kid as a black person, here's your token nigger too bad you can't see his skin color.

>tfw like tim burton + johnny depp films

It's not important to reflect reality, it's important to change reality.

Can we just nuke neogaf

>She fucked her hero.

Really not the same for women.

They don't have to accomplish anything else besides that in order to accomplish that.

Oh, oh,
It's googles!
You know!
Never believe it's not so!

/thread

He looks like Mr. Glass with Hot Topic contacts.

Damned if you do damned if you dont.

I would definitely trade up if I were Tim Burton. Helena Bonham Carter's only gotten fuglier since playing Marla.

Tbh I despise squeezing PoC for the sole purpose of pleasing sjw but with the new star wars movie he was a very good character.
Honestly he was eternally friendzoned by Rey. I mean he helped to kill hundreds of thousands of his firmer comrades just to save her.
And still all he gets is friend zone? Shiiiiet

they really don't "get" rocky horror picture show
>by their own rules of shitlord, transvestites, crossdressers, and transgender people are 3 different things
>tim curry in a corset
transvestite from trans....ilvania
>nigger with breast implants
transgender and calling them a tranny is being a bigoted shitlord!!1!

>casts Janet as protstitot victoria justice
>defining part of character is being a sheltered virginial white girl archetype and lambasting that

going to be absolute shit. swjs ruin everything they touch

it would be racis to have blacks and indians in their historical role in british society as pets for rich brits who brought them back as servants from military service in africa/india

rather than confront the past, you just have to remake sharps chronicles with a 75% minority class instead of having a little nubian boy in a sailor suit carry a sun shade behind a main character.

What about that guy who is literally transparent?

>tfw eva green was my skellyfu all throughout Penny Dreadful then I found out that she was a kike

all those are fucking garbage people are forced to read because they are written by niggers.

things fall apart plot summary
>nigger farmer is son of niggest nigger hated by all the rest of the niggers
>spends his life becoming the best yam farmer he can be
>succeeds in this noble savage endeavor in his utopian pre wheel stone age society
>evil britbong white man shows up with thier racis bicycles and industry
>racis cracker ass white people gonna murder out main character in cold blood just because he dindunuffin(and murdered another local black landowner)
>hangs himself instead of submitting to whitey law

african american literature is universally 1/2 fuck da white man 4 your "laws" and "society" and 1/2 nigging presented as being a we wuz kangs le noble savage

only good black literature I've ever read was the story of a nigger girl moving to the big city and going full WE WUZ with some black muslim trying to steal all her "cultural heritage" heirloom furniture and quilts and her old alabama mammy telling her to fuck off with her ignorance and giving all her shit to her normal daughter with WEWUZ going off in a huff all pissed at mammy.

death camps for sjws when?
thats the only way to fix this

hahaha I pray for their DB to get corrupted everyday, or for a mod to go awol and permaban everyone

wtf i love tim burton now

The nigger is the spook in the background

>Majority of movies have diverse cast ,even if it's (semi-)historical
>no response
>A movie with only white cast
>SJW outcry
How many laiers of irony are they standing in?

Muh dick

movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=567941
>NC-17 (nsfw)
worth a watch, she has a great body

>wow a movie with common sense
>
nope

Huh, gonna have to go see this just to trigger them.

we should do nazifrequency and analyze movies

Tim "Gas the Yahoo's and Bing's" Burton

>2) Why the fuck would there be people of a different ethnicity in a place set in Victorian England
They even did that with the witcher.
Either they're fucking retarded, or they're an absolute minority that gets blown out of proportions by the media or the victim responding.

>too many whites
>too few people of color

Bitch white is all the colors.

>being pro-life is considerated a bad thing now days
This is the state of things, lads. Let that sink in.

Just cast leslie jones as a gorilla and its all fine and forgotten ...

Yup.

The redpill is depressing sometimes.

>Just because we are magic

Black magic is evil and should be eradicated from this world.

I shall go watch it.

Me too. These days I avoid movies, books and shows that try to shove diversity down my throat. So when something comes along that doesn't try to cater to these types of people, I'll give it a shot at least.

Anyway, why can't movie directors/producers/video game devs/writers/etc just grow a pair and say "fuck you"?

>Waaah waah waah not enough dibbersity in your work
>Go fuck yourself, it's my work and if you don't like it, tough luck. Sorry. Stand in an empty swimming pool and cry there, I'll want to swim in your tears.

Not really true. It was multicultural in a different sense. Nowadays it means that people from many thousands of miles away live by and celebrate their culture at the same spot. At it's time, the Roman Empire was a multicultural empire for having Latin/Romance people form hundreds of miles apart living together. Hell, some central americans (I think Maya) had multiethnic cities, although those were segregated.

Of course progressives will equate the two and fault anyone who doesn't want 15 languages spoken in their local corner shop.

Daily reminder its google! (With no s)

They can filter eventually if you add the s for multiple google. Refer to multiple google as google. Ya idiots, think for once

That does make me wonder if any of those clueless bints raised a shitstorm over Marco Polo having white people in Mongolia.

Thread theme (because Tim Burton):

youtube.com/watch?v=WcebgKvAoh0

WM-AF is literally the sexual axis of evil remember the 12 billion friend

>Anyway, why can't movie directors/producers/video game devs/writers/etc just grow a pair and say "fuck you"?

Because the people who keep them employed will not only no longer employ them, but will make sure they are never employed anywhere in these fields again.

Ahahahaha

Quite the optimistic view you have, user.

Once whites finally die out, there will be no history books. On the small chance civilization carries on, scientist and artists will be portrayed as chinks.

>tfw will never be Eva Green's goy toy

>you will never milk her tits who feel like milk and shekels coins

Because mister shekelsteinberg is one of those people

>"I read the book and as far as I remember all the characters were described as white and European, but there’s zero reason that had to be the case"

And there's zero reason it has to be 'diverse' as well.

These useless whining faggots have way too much time on their hands, make them work the fields.

>far right speak in codes, 88 14, far left are overt
You just reminded me, back in high school my shit-disturbing friend had half the school convinced I was full-NatSoc because I wore 88 on my rugby jersey(coach didnt want to have 'starters', look at my flag) and had shaved by head so fags would would stop yanking my hair in the rucks. Everyone with disciplanary clout knew me well enough to know it was bullshit but It was funny as hell having randoms try to figure out whether the rumors were true without actually asking me. I got a good chuckle just remembering that.

Could you fucking imagine how screwed I'd be today?

The best part was that my circle of friends actually was pol-tier racist in private, but I picked 88 without knowing the significance because it's symmetry would be easy for my family to pick out of the crowd from the sidelines