Brits, would you stay in the EU, if it were completely revamped?

That is, every state gets its borders back and full control over immigration.

All matters better served on a state basis, are returned to the states.

Only the most essential regulations remain on an EU level, in order to trade goods and services.

No political EU powers whatsoever.

The EU Parliament is abolished. The EU Council is the only deciding chamber. The EU Commission consists of representatives of the member states, with each member state providing one member. There is a rotating EU Commission presidency, that is, each month another Commissioner chairs the EU Commission meetings.

The flag and anthem are abolished, no more EU symbols.

The budget of the EU is reduced to its core function, i.e. paying the EU commissioners and a reduced staff. No transfer payments to other EU states.

Other urls found in this thread:

ictsd.org/opinion/nothing-simple-about-uk-regaining-wto-status-post-brexit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

Fuck off.

No. Supranational government is fucking retarded.

No.

No. Fuck the EU

No.
We had 40 years to talk,
And we got this far
Well played

>No.
>Fuck off.
Then I assume you also do not want to have any open trade agreements and free trade zones with e.g. the US or Canada or Australia or Russia or China, right?

Because what I am saying is that the EU would be a free trade zone, nothing more, nothing less.

nty

muhmed BTFO by based brits
nice threa

Yes, that sounds ok because it would just be a trading zone.

No. Fuck off.

If we want to trade with you, we'll trade with you. If we want to trade with France, we'll trade with France.

Take your "zone" down to the refugee centre.

Hello EU market research shill

No. Fuck off you prick. Shove your EU up your arse

No, foreign rule will not be tolerated

the point to which i'd want to see it revamped it's basically a non-entity anyway

just a forum for the signing of trade agreements and synching up regulations on stuff which makes sense like standardised parts, measurements

>If we want to trade with France, we'll trade with France.

You are stupid, right? The EU is a single market. You cannot trade with France through some French-British arrangement. It is always a British-EU arrangement... ALWAYS. Just like Scotland or Wales cannot have their own trade arrangements with France, ... then turning around and shipping French goods to England despite the UK banning these goods.

WTO rules lad.

Then we'll form new trade agreements

>just a forum for the signing of trade agreements and synching up regulations on stuff which makes sense like standardised parts, measurements

What about e.g. the banking sector? Should banks in the EU all have access to all of the EU? If so, why should there different banking regulation?

If banks should only have access to their own home memberstate, why?

What about telecoms, should they be required to comply with 28 different telecom regulations like in the 1990s?

>WTO rules lad.
WTO rules say that the EU is one single market. It is not France which has its WTO tariffs registered with the WTO, but the EU.

Similarly, the Brits are actually not having any WTO schedules in place either. The British government will have to negotiate with all WTO members to get its schedules in place. And once it has that, the tariffs applying to British goods and services towards the EU are those currently in force for the EU customs union.

Britain is already a member of the WTO by default so it automatically has application of WTO rules. No negotiations needed.

>Brits, would you stay in the EU, if it were completely revamped?

Would you stay with a woman who constantly tries to poke out your eyeballs and stick needles in your ears whenever you sleep? Let's say she already got one of your eyes with a melonballer and perforation both of your eardrums with needles from her past attempts.

Would you get back together with her if she promised not to do it again?

FUCK NO YOU WOULDN'T.

>ever thinking about getting back into bed with that crazy bitch

>MFW

>Germany
>"h-hey Brits, w-would you stay in the EU if things changed? P-pls respond"

Nice try, Merkel, your game is over. Pic related.

That's the point you got trouble with right now.
Your government wants to trade with the EU. It was never said you don't.
The problem you got right now is that you don't have good negotiators at the moment.
Your commitee sucks right now because all trade negotiations were done by the EU the last centuries.
Your cabinet of people who could do that isn't even full. You struggle to find some good guys.

That's a remarkable point why you didn't activate article 50 right now.
You got some offers, but no negotiators to make the best deal.

I wish you all the best luck and think it was the right decision but don't make the extrem mistake and just do it without being on the safe side.
The EU wants to pressure you into a fast exit because they know you will struggle hard then and take it as a signal for others who want to leave in the future.
When a strong market as UK can't make it, weaker states got no chance at all. That will be a strong message to others.
You got to take your time and don't mess it up. Take all the time you can and prepare before just leaving because it makes you happy for a quick moment.

We're aware of your tricks, Fritz. The EU has been trying this with us for years.

"It's just a trading bloc" they said
"National governments will retain sovereignty" they said
"We don't want a foreign policy or an army" they said
"You'll keep your own laws" they said

Go away Merkel

At which point though does it stop being the EU? To offer all those things you might as well not have the EU.
If we don't get what we want then oh well, we'll just have to hard Brexit and get on with it.

>At which point though does it stop being the EU
When you start considering letting T*rkey in, even if it would get vetoed by half of the members.

It was a legitimate question without any bidding. Just a thought expermient.

Legitimate or not, German cucks are the most butthurt on Brexit on this while board. All Germans ever do is cry about the vote. Fuck off. We don't want the Islamic Republic of Germany dictating our laws. Is that not hard to understand?

I want nothing to do with you. You fuckers keep trying to take over Europe with your bullshit. The whole world would better off if we just split you up so your power goes down.

It must be strange being German. To have been told all your life in many ways that the very idea of national pride is immoral. To experience a deep-seated cultural shame and basically hate yourself and your people. To do everything you can to ignore and diminish your national heritage. To cling to a homogeneous supra-national identity with no cultural distinctiveness as your only means of redemption.

What must it feel like to look at the Brits, who like their country, want to remain British, and aren't ashamed of themselves? It must be very confusing for you.

That the EU got completely out of order is no secret.
It WAS just a trade bloc. Until the EU commissions realized they got power over the EU with these laws they make.
The EUGH said they are here now. No one elected them. They just stated it is responsible now for any EU laws.
That was the beginning of the overtake of a whole continent.
They implemented rules for everything that is trade related. Like.... everything.

After that they just don't stay there but get more and more influence on europe. It's heavily payed by lobbyists and EU regulators who invested alot of money into it and the states kept quiet about it.

The whole mess you see is just the fault of lobbyists and their EUGH (i dunno if it's called in english ECJ or so)

I agree, however it's a mistake to think this happened by accident or that the EU trade bloc ideal was taken over by a few bad apples. Creating a "United States of Europe" was the intention from the very start. They knew that the peoples of Europe wouldn't accept it, so it had to be hidden at every turn. The EU has been based on a fundamental deception for decades.

>Brits, would you stay in the EU, if it were completely revamped?

No.
Because to revamp the EU to what you're saying, is to destroy it and return to the original concept.

Here's the problem, the original concept of a free-trade zone always leads to someone taking control.

Free-trade between the countries also NEEDS a body to organise it all, i.e the first basic form of an EU government.

THE EU IS SHIT
WILL ALWAYS BE SHIT

No, that's not hard to understand. I voted on the brexit and was for it.
The islamic state is already in your own borders. We got nothing to do with that. You was not even part of schengen.

You can keep your ass on your island if that's what you want. No problem here.

Not at all confusing. The lefist era of shame and guilt, especially from the eighties marked us hard. We were told to not be proud. Everytime someone says something like that someone ellse comes and says: "You are nazis and got an eternal guilt"
From school to the last suit you wear, you always heard it.
Now people rise up here and the confusion in our own land is a pretty clear indicator that we are a land torn between the gutmenschen and national identity.
We need to find ourselves right now. The Brexit helped us to throw in the old question of who we are.
And that decision will take a while. We are a quite young nation, with nothing but war in the past until we became united. It will last a long time to find our path.
We made some good decisions and alot of bad ones. But we are still young and, on the economical side, a positive example of success. Now we need to find our identity, that's it.

shove EU up your arse sausage munching scum

Turning the EU into a trade deal would make it stop being the EU. Numpty.

It was a wet dream of some in the first place. They dreamed about it, masturbated to playboy-pictues of EU-laws.
Then they just implemented the EuGH to fulfill their fetish.
Really now, I blame it all on the EuGH.
They should have never been here.
The concept on an united europe was an optimistic view, somewhere in the future. The EU had to grow naturally not forced like today. Achieving something like that in a couple of decades with a fully artificial law embodiment was the fucking wrong way.
That's like injecting testosterone for a boost and wonder why you are feeling like shit afterwards.
Instead of a healthy workout, that needs time they decided to boost it and just look at the great success instead letting muscles grow naturally.

How is that? EU means european union.

it was mistake to accept Eastern countries too

we do not fit in, we are underdeveloped, different culture, different customs, languages

you think about us as subhumans even if you do not speak that openly

do you think we do not see your smug smiles while you talk to a Pole?

This is wrong. Google WTO schedules.

---
The UK is already a WTO member, but its membership terms are bundled with the EU’s. Re-establishing the UK’s WTO status in its own right means both the UK and the EU would negotiate simultaneously with the rest of the WTO’s members to extract their separate membership terms. Agreement on the UK’s terms is unlikely before those of the EU.

For its part, the UK would have to negotiate with the EU itself, the US, China, Russia, India, Brazil, and any trading nation or group of nations that matters, large or small, rich or poor. It would only take one objection to hold up the talks because the WTO operates by consensus, not voting, one reason why WTO negotiations take so long.

The UK government would have to balance conflicting interests domestically as well.

This is not an argument for or against Brexit. Proponents on either side can weigh up the costs and benefits and make their own cases. But they cannot assume that becoming an independent WTO member will be simple and quick for the UK.

The only way it could, would be if a post-Brexit UK became — as some propose — much more of a free trader, with low import duties across the board, and minimal subsidies for farmers. This would be simple to establish in the WTO, but domestic opposition would have to be overcome first.
---

ictsd.org/opinion/nothing-simple-about-uk-regaining-wto-status-post-brexit

>Islamic Republic of Germany
And yet you got more Muslims and more Islamists than Germany. How come(

We got mostly Turks, you got blacks and Pakis. Turks might be ugly smelly Muslims, but at least they aren't Pakis and blacks.

No. The EU needs to fall once and for all.

Germans know the only thing that matters is having money, a car and winning at football.

Move on if you don't understand that.

Sorry but no.

Well said Germanic bro.

The butthurt ones are the Anglos.

We'd only go back to it if it were names "The united kingdom" and we had complete control, especially over the Germans, to stop them from trying to destroy us again. Tree times in les than 150 years is too fucking much. We want to put the collar on you krauts.

Yes

Conversely, I would stay in the EU today if all of Europe spoke English only.

The ECJ (EuGH) was established in the 1950s when the European Community was established. It existed from the start.

I can only speak about me, no others.
My best friends are poles and hungarians.
I always felt better going with them. You are loyal, shittalking faggots, never take it too serious, good family keepers, busy (always busy you greedy monkeys) and last but the most important I could ever rely on you as you could rely on me.
That was just a perspective of a german in his late 30s and I grew up with my friends I talked about.
I never understood why others got so much hate left for you. One time beat up by a pole because they were just fucktards maybe.
Oh and just to clarify that, my friends are mostly independent. Some got a tattoo studio, buiding companies and so on. They are not worthless scum in any way and to be true, partying was and is always nice with you.
The ones I got a problem with are the islamistic shit that got no business here. It's insane that religion and a religious view can divide whole nations.
I, for myself really think (and got alot of bad examples) that these religious fucktards are the problem and need to get hold on bay or even send back.
I think that's not even a nazi or racist question, just a religious for now. And religion got no race. So no racism here.

Wait fuck I only read half the post.

There should be ZERO governmental element of the EU, all decisions should be made by state heads. The EU must have ZERO notion of self, otherwise it will just grow to what it is again today.

Not really, no one here is butthurt. The EU has given no benefit to us at all.

It's a disgusting organisation that is the reincarnation of the USSR. I'd rather be poor and alone than part of that club.

Sorry but you need to accept this, my countrymen and I are like a hive, we all share the same sentiments, we tried the reforms stuff, nothing happened. Your leaders refuse to reform it.

If it did reform? No one entity should have so much power within it to make rules. No erosion of national identity. None of that shit, I am proud of my nation, for all its faults and all the shit that happens, the laughs you all get on Cred Forums at us, I am still proud and love my country and will die/kill for my country and Queen.

This is not open for debate, there is no questioning this, there is no negotiating this at all. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

So basically get all the good trade shit and get rid of the fluffy stuff we don't like, that's all we ever wanted!

>Conversely, I would stay in the EU today if all of Europe spoke English
Making English the official only language of the EU and a mandatory official language (next to any local language) in each state makes a shitton of sense. It would boost GDP growth and trade enormously.

Why it is not done is an absolute mystery to me.

Germany has more muslims than the UK.

Ours have been in England for 60 years.

Muslims in Germany have been there for 60 days.

Just imagine what Germany is going to look like in 60 years.

Top cuck.

Because, you retard, countries want a national identity. France speaks French, not English. Spain speaks Spanish, not English.

Is the only thing that goes through your fucking head GDP numbers? We voted to leave because you attempted to destroy our national identity and culture. It's clear you have learnt fucking nothing from Brexit.

If there is no benefit why did e.g. Nissan say they will not do their billions of next level investments in the UK unless they get compensated by the UK gov for any tariffs they might have to pay? They export 85 percent of their cars made in the UK to the EU. Their profit margins are 4-5 percent. The current WTO tariffs would make it a loss making endevavour to produce in the UK.

So if you say there is no benefit, what about this example?

Yeah let me revoke my own sentences as untrue. They were there at the beginning, but no one elected them to do what they do today. They just do it. Not even elected to it. They just decided being able to overrite decisions and break laws.
Sorry for that again, I was thinking, not writing what I thought. Fuck me.

No, fuck off Merkel

Yup. The German cucks have no idea why we are so angry. Our Empire at least gave us a sneak peek into what they were like. The Germans have 0 idea what they have just done.

No

>Ours have been in England for 60 years.
And yet you have official Sharia zones, which are outlawed in Germany.

Everyone speaking English as a second language makes sense. It has nothing to do with national identity.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..............No

Only Germans benefit from the EU and everyone else stagnate
Germans are the parasite of Europe

Nice try Adolf. The sooner the EU dies the better.

Countries like Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, the Baltics and Portugal and Ireland massively profited from the EU, much more so than Germany.

Even Greece did until they cooked their books and overspent and went completely corruption gaga.

>We're paying more than any other country
>We have to pay for shit who never archived anything in mankind history
>Everything goes from our taxes, we Germans literally pay for most of the fucking EU countries
>We profit from it
Makes sense leaf-san

Yes it fucking does have to do with national identity.

One great example of erosion of identity is that the EU wanted to regulate guns more. One problem - Switzerland. Now you tell me why British politicians should vote on Swiss matters? Why should Romanian politicians vote on Swiss matters?

The EU wants to destroy national identity and give birth to a European one. And we just rejected that motion. You are welcome to form a closer union with the Islamic Republic of France and you can declare your joint German-French Caliphate if you wish.

>What must it feel like to look at the Brits, who like their country, want to remain British, and aren't ashamed of themselves? It must be very confusing for you.

We're told to be ashamed of English nationalism though. Englishmen are only allowed to be proud of Britain, not England... despite Welshmen, Scotsmen and Irishmen being allowed to be proud of their countries.

This has nothing to do with speaking English.

Not even true at all. Where did you get that from? The local trudeau newspaper?
The thing is, we had a nice start. We were one of the original founders.
Second, we did take it serious, had a huge boost in the sixties and are exporting like no one else.
We got a strong working moral (yeah yeah we are lazy shits bla bla, not even true) and HAD good politics in favor of economics.
Yeah, we got pampered by the US some time ago but got pretty independent now.
Other states like italy or france benefit from it hugely. They are our best allies to this point. I know italy always hates us in some way but economically they are always on our side. That's why our chancellor always invites these two states if we got something to discuss.
The french are somehow, I really don't know why, always on good terms with us.
Maybe because we share their idea of liberte, fraternite, egalite.... But really, I don't know.

Why don't you break free from Britain then?

EU cannot be fixed.
It can only (and should too) be destroyed.

Why does it need a commission? Why a council? No, I still wouldn't trust it. It's like having a baby lion for a pet. Cute to start with, but eventually you have to bash it's head in with a hammer before it gets big enough to fuck you and eat you.

no

How about you leave, Turk?

If Scotland couldn't then what makes you think England could

No

Because you want to make English the official language for trade reasons.

You think France, Spain, Italy will take it lying like that?

The question you asked at the start was literally making the EU a free trade block. Now you want to impose language laws on countries? Typical Kraut. Always lies.

Not nearly good enough.
Live and let live is not the answer.
Take you down with us. Now that's a proper solution.

fpbp desu senpai

Someone needs to pass EU laws and regulations. The EU Council consists of the EU state governments.

If you make a rule that any company in the EU can raise money by issuing bonds to investors, you need someone to vote on that law - the EU council... and someone who drafts the law, the EU commission.

We never benefited from EU.
Only corrupt politicians did.

Fuck no

What does language have to do with the EU. I'd say every state should voluntarily make English an official second language. It would be beneficial.

Absolutely perfidious!

You are richer than the other Balkan negroes. Guess why.

You literally said:

Making English the official only language of the EU and a MANDATORY official language (next to any local language) in each state makes a shitton of sense. It would boost GDP growth and trade enormously.

Why it is not done is an absolute mystery to me.

===============================================

Do you know what the word mandatory means?

Not a fucking chance.

>How about you leave, Turk?
Without EU there would not be so much fucking Turks, means you're the fucking Turk

>Typical Anglo, always thinks that the folk has the same opinion as the government
Denkt der ehrlich wir wollen in der dreckigen Anglosprache sprechen? Kek

Because they're not Yugoslavia anymore.
Yeah, well, I guess it's thanks to you, as well. You did help the Americans tearing them apart after all.
But fuck you, I like those guys.

As far as the alboshits and Bulgars are concerned, we've always been richer than them, even before we joined you. Especially before we joined you.

Yes. It should be mandatory for EU members, but voluntary in the sense that EU members vote on it first.

Last I checked, Greece was poorer than everyone in Europe in the 1960s with the esception of Albania and Ireland.

That isn't what you implied and you know that. I can't be arsed talking to EU shills anyway. Enjoy your Islamic takeover!

>When you can't swim off with Holland into the ocean and play darts all day

And yet we rose on our own. We had an economic miracle, one of the best developing countries of the world, no thanks to you.
We joined your shithole in 1981 and that's when our economy started to get shit.
Coincindence? I don't think so.

haha, well there you go, it was just free trade and just a few posts later the EU controls how companies raise investment. Thanks but no thanks.

Free trade is me agreeing not to tax your imported washing machines, and you agreeing not to tax whatever the fuck it is that we still make, bowler hats or something.

>paying the EU commissioners and a reduced staff. No transfer payments to other EU states.
remove EU commission, stop giving money to brussels.

>implying you can't negotiate without the EC holding your hand

guess we'll have to buy our wine from australia then

and our cheese from err, some other cheese country, and our cars from japan

byeee

Free trade includes services and money. The free flow of capital and services are 90 percent of free trade today.

Washing machines are irrelevant. They come from Vietnam or Thailand.

No it wouldn't. Today english is an international language. You want to trade with someone? Speak english.
Nothing bad about that. It's already a part of international affairs.
Making english a mandatory language for a nation is the opposite of beneficial.
Our languages are the most extrovert expressions of our heritage.
A spanish guy without a jajajaja isn't a spanish guy.
Did you think about why we write english here? Okay, in my place it's just the try that counts, but did you think abou it?
Exactly, because it's an international standard.
Not a national. We need our language to have a feel of unification under ourselves. It's not an economical question but a question of unification in a nation.
Fun fact. There was a try to have a simple form of language for everybody. I bet you never heard about it, because it was dead before it was spread.
Esperanto.
Shitty try, not accepted.
A language is more than just communicating to each other but as a strong identification sign.
And what is about the cultural acquistions?
Are they writtenin dead languages like latin then?

No, fuck you, sorry. We want to keep our languages and to be fair, german isn't just "ey alter hab ich mal voll durchblickt" but much more beautiful if you get into it.

That's what you said last time. Look how that turned out.

Long live Europe, fuck the EU

get back to us when you find an auditor to sign off your last 20 years worth of accounts

the EU is criminal

>The free flow of capital and services are 90 percent of free trade today.
take that free fucking movement of yours and shove it up your arse.
only in europe is there "free trade"

Trade does not require government approval
Trade happens between two private entities, a buyer and a seller
The only reason governments get involved with trade at all is so they can skim from the top

>It WAS just a trade bloc. Until the EU commissions realized they got power over the EU with these laws they make.
wrong I have seen evidence from the national archive which proves it was always intended to be a political union, and that they lied about it

even several politicians have admitted it

fuck off cucks

hand merkel, juncker, barroso and what ever that fag with the glasses name is, and maybe we'll talk

all trade agreements should be bilateral only

CAPATILISM

FPBP

Fuck off Angela we dont want want your immigrants ok

>Trade does not require government approval
>Trade happens between two private entities, a buyer and a seller

Are you retarded, or something? There is such a thing as official customs. If your country does not allow certain goods in or put high tarrifs on them, then private entities can't do shit.

>The only reason governments get involved with trade at all is so they can skim from the top
Governments get involved for political reasons, not for tax reasons. They get involved to protect certain areas of their economy, such as agriculture. America put a punitive tariff on Chinese steel, because China supports Chinese steelmakers that are producing too much steel, then selling it below costs to the world, ruining local steel makers.

We don't have to get back to you. We were always here. You left. You have to make new deals. Not us.
It's not like we left you, you left us. Or will.... maybe, in part, no at all, no you don't, yes you do totally, no remorse, maybe a bit.
C'mon. Really now.
It's not like we are immensely dependent on you. You got some trouble now.
No problem with that. Sure, it digs our grave deeper but you aren't floating away with your island and a near market is much more beneficial than a market on the other side of the world. Geographically you are just bound to the EU now.

I am not a speaker for the EU. I hate it for what it become. But being that delusional like we the EU has to bend over to you now could be tight from a fairy tale.

no nigger we out

enjoy being the EU's ATM

They already do, and don;t even want to leave.

nope

we want the CANZUK union

the only way we will stay in the EU is if it was changed to this..........

Hey Merkel
Only if it was part of our Empire, sure.

If EU was whites only with a massive border around it then yes, I would have voted to stay. However their policy of mass importation of browns into EU countries means they can't be trusted. I don't remember people complaining about the EU in the 90s before they turned insane.

Revamp the EU into what it was originally supposed to be: a fucking economic and trade Alliance.

Nuke Brussels and remove kebab.