Common Core

I need some information about the common core project.
Who is behind that?
What is the goal?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhdvRx_lmkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Educators are behind common core. It's a conspiracy to teach children how to use algorithms to solve problems rather than rote memorization.

Wait, I meant the Jews, it's always the Jews, right?

okay fuck you

(((Publisher $$$)))

Also, dumbing down the courses to handicap smarter kids

"Educators" justifying their existence by further bureaucratizing what should be simple coursework

It doesn't dumb down the courses. It allows every kid to do math the way the smart kids do, through breaking up numbers into their place holders, manipulating them, and then recombining them at the end.

"I am old and don't like learning new things" the post.

The only problem is that methods that common core tries to teach is only useful for high schoolers and beyond.

Kids are not going to understand algorithms and be confused on how counter-intuitive the new methods are.

The common core's math program was designed by mathematicians not teachers.

Noble goal, see However,
Shitty execution because you actually need teachers who know what they themselves are talking about
Achieves even more inequality in the end
Good teachers teach in rich neighbourhoods
Idk-wtf-is-this teachers teach in poor neighbourhoods

okay guys this goes a wrong way.

There is no need to standardize math.
It is allready a standard worldwide

Dont u have deeper information about that?

I mean George W Bush promoted that and he is a Neocon.

you have no idea

Education goes through fads. So partly this is just the latest fad. But this fad is being pushed by the federal government, so a bunch of lobbyists are also making money from it somehow. Consolidated book publishers does seem likely, don't know myself. It will also be harder to move on from this fad because of Feds are slow to change.

What do they actually teach? Who knows, all I see are the memes.

Unfortunately, this is true. Right now we have people that don't understand it teaching it to children that could understand it, but everyone in their life is too stupid to properly explain it to them.

I think you're not giving children enough credit here. It's been shown that kids as young as 10 can get a firm grip on what calculus is more easily than anyone over 20.

>What do they actually teach?
that is exactly the point
i see a NWO Agenda behind that

I told you what they actually teach: how to use algorithms to solve problems instead of rote memorization (a skill that is becoming increasingly useless in the digital age.)

Wait, I meant the NWO jews, it's always them.

K-12 education in the US is a joke completely dominated by left-wing liberals. Common Core is just another grand statist experiment that will not deliver results

What "algorithms" are required to learn simple arithmetic?

Obama Pls go.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724

I already described it, but feel free to look it up Breaking up numbers into their placeholders, manipulating them and then recombining them at the end.

it is easier to rule and manipulate dumb people

>
>It doesn't dumb down the courses. It allows every kid to do math the way the smart kids do, through breaking up numbers into their place holders, manipulating them, and then recombining them at the end.
This actually makes a lot of sense.

I was just about to post this

There was nothing wrong with the old method, it worked fine, but instead of trying to better all of the students, they thought
>lets just drag them all down to the lowest common denominator! Don't ya just love living in the current year?

It teaches to the slowest kids in the class so that everyone has to move at their pace. It makes history only about left wing ideologies, and it is filled with nothing but propaganda

Amazing how little anyone ITT knows about Common Core seeing as how you are high schoolers

Make boys think less about math and science and more about wearing dresses in the name of """equality"""

During the financial crisis schools were offered a ton of free money and textbooks but they had to use them for like 20 years. This is how common core spread. The money came from the gates foundation and the books were written by non teachers.
The math isn't the issue.
If you look at it on the whole it interjects homosexuality and communism into the problem sets for every subject.
The section on the constitution has a maliciously edited bill of rights that is designed to make our children not understand what freedoms they possess.

Lol implying the problem is in the child and not the system. It's akin to letting a novice read a chess book then putting him in a grandmasters tournament and expect him to do well. The problem with math is you have to repeat, you have to deconstruct and retry. It's once you see certain patterns that things make sense. No one has time, discipline or patience anymore

The old method was slow and a less efficient algorithm that everyone used because it was the easiest. Now, there are multiple ways and paths to approach "simple" arithmetic granting the child more freedom in how they solve the problem and letting them think more deeply on what math is and how to use it to their advantage. People are always slow to accept changes, especially when it changes dogma that they grew up with.

Common core mathematics gives more options to the student and allows for much greater efficiency. Parents don't like it because it requires them to think in ways they've never thought before and you know how old fucks are with tradition.

Could someone translate this post? I read it twice and have no idea what point he's trying to make.

Are you saying that the problem is in the execution of common core, not the procedure itself? I can't think of a more confusing way to make that point.

It's about the frustrating situation in which affluent whites and chinks seem to excel at anything put in front of them, and poor niggers not being able to learn or behave in the simplest ways no matter how much money is spent on them.

It's not about helping slowies catch up anymore, it's about hobbling the bright kids so the gap doesn't look so fucking ridiculous.

Source?

I doubt it is even "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhdvRx_lmkg

>No one has time, discipline or patience anymore

Speak for yourself, Jamal.

>It's about the frustrating situation in which affluent whites and chinks seem to excel at anything put in front of them, and poor niggers not being able to learn or behave in the simplest ways no matter how much money is spent on them.
>It's not about helping slowies catch up anymore, it's about hobbling the bright kids so the gap doesn't look so fucking ridiculous.

I work in a high school. I get to broadly see how classes are taught to the biggest retard, and discipline is structured to accommodate the most incorrigible nigger.

Obama-esque communists seethe with rage that chinks and whites can seemingly breeze through academics, while niggers can't even stop dancing or yelling for a minute much less comprehend a novel.

Obama has a voodoo doll of white/asian suburban families and is sticking pins in it.

He hates the following unfair advantages:

-White parents read to their kids every night.
-White parents sign their kids up for structured activities
-White parents don't whup they keedz with stension chords
-White parents feed their kids with thought
-White moms didn't pollute themselves with drugs and drama/stress during pregnancy
-White people use alarms clocks and get places on time

Since he knows niggers will never do that on their own, he'll just set the high school English standard at reading the assembly instructions for an oscillating fan. Yes, chinks will get 100% on that, but maybe niggers will get an 80%.

Yeah, that's it. Yes, the chink could handle Shakespeare+, but this way everyone wins.

Continued:

That said, whites and chinks generally scramble to honors/AP classes because that is now just the new "normal".

What they call "normal" now is actually for slowies. That's the bulk of niggers.

"Fundamental" is straight up drooling mongo sperglord special ed. That's about 20% of niggers.

It started out in a Governor's
Convention in order to sync curriculum across the States. What it is, is a set of standards each child should be able to master at each grade level in order to be on task for college level maths.

Problems
-the mathemeticians didn't consult with child development professionals to see if young children were developmentally ready to understand the abstract ideas they wanted to teach.

-they used mathematical vocabulary grade school teachers and parents don't know

-they provided no curriculum, only a set of standards leaving each state (and sometimes school district) to find its own curriculum.

-the States completely fucked up the rollout

tl;dr I shouldn't need google to help my kindergartner with his math worksheet

>-the States completely fucked up the rollout

A coworker just moved here (Illinois) from NJ and they said the common core shit was NOT consistent, and now the kid needs to play catch up.

Reeee.

Literally the Jews.

Yeah I believe it. Here's the breakdown I got from a guy who was involved in education at a high administrative level.

>Texas creates curriculum
>Florida acts as an early adopter
>some counties look at what florida legislatures are doing and enact those curriculum changes before mandated
>everyone else in the country waits to see how bad they fuck up

So what happens in Florida is depending on where you live, you might get two or three curriculum changes within a single school year. And depending on how the other states feel about where it's going, you'll get a weird staggered rollout of competing curriculums across the nation.

Well, are you going to give us the source of that Haji lady getting the D?

Cred Forums has no idea what common core is. It's nationalized standards not nationalized curriculum. Local teachers and schools can teach hiw they like as long as they end up meeting national standards. All these " comon core textbooks are just a company that decided to na
Me their textbooks after common core.

Teaching pointless crap kids should be able to figure out themselves is dumbing it down
I bet you thought learning how to estimate was a good use of time

in conjunction with forced medications on a mass scale it is designed to dumb down our children, not giving them reasonable skills to survive with and instead filling their heads with a "anything is possible" mindset turning them into eternal victims that shout of equality while being oppressed to the fullest.

tl:dr it is designed to turn future generations into dumb useful worker bees

Who wants source?