HAPPENING: The End is Nigh

Thread Theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=zeo0_3gN190

Share your best memories Cred Forums, one last time before the darkness takes over

Other urls found in this thread:

cruz.senate.gov/internetcountdownclock/
donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-opposes-president-obama-plan-to-surrender-american-internet
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-xu5p_nDcrg
youtube.com/watch?v=CsLhNxzwK1Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IUzhISwCC-I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zY-1Um1Gzzk
house.gov/representatives/find/
youtube.com/watch?v=Eoq60p5hCIw
youtube.com/watch?v=TcJ-wNmazHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HotaBU1ntJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Jdobquf1zms
youtube.com/watch?v=MCNHaLziBQw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HDM3eYp4KQ
techrepublic.com/article/us-will-hand-over-dns-supervision-to-icann-lessening-its-control-of-the-naming-system/
nytimes.com/1994/10/24/business/us-begins-privatizing-internet-s-operations.html
grc.com/dns/alternatives.htm
alternativeto.net/software/opendns/
public-dns.info/
mega.nz/#!MVFw0QbI!jpkn1kEGxxRI7uURC-nETJDnecbgwkk6azLF1IOydJM
wikileaks.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS_root#Alternative_DNS_providers
icannwiki.com/Alternative_Roots
opennicproject.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=HV2GhOkQ1yY
youtube.com/watch?v=hsVfRKwd4pg
icann.org/resources/pages/listing-2012-02-25-en
youtube.com/watch?v=zPex3SwtCSs
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
youtube.com/watch?v=-xu5p_nDcrg
finance.yahoo.com/news/no-ted-cruz-the-us-isnt-giving-away-the-internet-032215995.html
npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/09/26/495396014/republicans-say-obama-administration-is-giving-away-the-internet
phys.org/news/2016-09-internet.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing will happen, nothing ever happens.

member when there werent so many mexicans?

Member when the UN and foreign organizations had no say in what we did on the internet?

Congress had better block this or override Obongo like the 9/11 veto.

Obongo is a literal danger to US freedom and should be impeached for EVEN trying this.

I don't think they can desu

but that would be "racist" and ruin the plan for total censorship and control.

Well say goodbye to the Internet Americans.
At least the Constitution was protecting my freedom of speech but I'm positive the Globalists of the NWO will do a good job too.
By the way why is not Cred Forums leader protesting about that? Who will save you now? "Lying Ted"?

I hate life.

Remember before you were redpilled and you could enjoy blissful ignorance?

They should. The son of a bitch is absolutely out of control.

FbostBesttoast

Digits

>Obongo
>doing something

Why is Cred Forums afraid to just pick up a telephone and have a conversation with a stranger at the office of their local senators/congressman about their objections to Internet censorship by the muslims Obama is giving control to

link for timer?

Basically this

I never really enjoyed it

I just drowned out the empty void with sluts, narcissism, money, drugs and partying. It was a wasted existence I don't want to go back to.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't redpilled.

Because we have 12 hours and it will do nothing.

link for timer?

bump

It's actually completely understandable as Obama can't hand over any government property without approval from congress.

>Cruz

>Trump
donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-opposes-president-obama-plan-to-surrender-american-internet

>Stefan Molyjew
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-xu5p_nDcrg

WE MUST ASSEMBLE A TEAM TO MAKE THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE HEARD

there's been threads about this for months. do you live your life not facing issues you know you'll have to deal with until the absolute last minute?

THE MOTHERFUCKER ACTS ABOVE THE LAW CONSTANTLY

cheers mate

I have zero problem with it. The question is whether he's going to claim the congress doesn't even have the power to veto this decision.

GET DONALD TRUMP JR ON THE PHONE RIGHT FUCKING NOW

I think some user said those ICANN guys are pro-free speech. Nothing will happen.

But if halfchin and cripplechin are going down, I have no fucking idea on where will I go.

I miss the times where offensive pedophilia memes are hilarious and there were less autists in the internet. Just cute cat videos on Youtube and old memes.

What a shit thread theme, at least include something decent faggot OP

youtube.com/watch?v=CsLhNxzwK1Y

>there's been threads about this for months

And what have you done before you start throwing stones fuckface?

>Happening theme song:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IUzhISwCC-I

I have other options if you like

>do you live your life not facing issues you know you'll have to deal with until the absolute last minute?
Actually yes. This is me 100% sadly. I'm trying to get better. It's gotten me in some stupid messes. Even been arrested because you never paid a traffic ticket? Some might have. I let that happen 3 times.

It wouldn't matter, if they weren't. ICANN only manages one root server.

It's primarily a standardization body, like ISO..

Hopefully.

Obama just wants to shit everything up now.

>You should have listened to Hitler:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zY-1Um1Gzzk

He's trying to destroy as much as he can before he's out.

>post yfw humanity lets the jews enslave and kill them all

You are both literal retards who don't understand how the Internet works, btw.

I understand that computers are black magic to you normies, but maybe try understanding what you're shilling before making fools of yourself.

>50% of TLD are controlled by ICANN
>lel nbd m8s

okay.

SAVE US TED

I'M SORRY I CALLED YOU A RAT

I second. I wanna watch it and play music.

>Trusting Ted Cruz

HE HOLDS HIS HAND BIBLE HIGH

AND THEN HE LIES

LYIN' TED CRUZ

Thanks for correcting the record and calling us names shill

Now fuck off

All that matters is that (((they))) are changing the internet for a reason. Your jewish bullshit excuses don't matter.

The fact that you can sit there and consciously shill is sickening.

I hope you hang.

It's too late for Congress to do anything now. It's over.

what does this mean? no more anime?

Nice watch, got any more? dump them here

CALL YOUR SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES
house.gov/representatives/find/

one person alone can't do it, but when everyone is as socially crippled and undisciplined as you, you lose the internet.

never answered my question btw

well, user, get on that phone and start voicing your opinion, there may be a last second chance to at least delay it

Ted Cruz is the only one who can save anime.

At one point the idea of Obama being a terrorist insider was something I laughed at, but seeing how he has managed to push race relations back 40 years, pushed through Obamacare & now this, I actually believe it now

I hope Trump is elected simply because he'll repeal every single Obama policy except gay marriage

>one person alone can't do it

Yet here you are laying sole blame on one person. You insipid oxygen thief.

>blaming Russia, China and Iran
>Cred Forums is supporting neocons

That's some reddit-tier thread.
If there's something needed to be censoret, it's already censored in those countries.

>wahhhh i hate responsibility

you must live a shitty, childlike, internet addicted life living off your parents

youtube.com/watch?v=Eoq60p5hCIw

great try shill

>anyone who disagrees with me is le reddit numale

try harder next time tho

Sauce?

How can a president give away the internet?
Hello Putin it's Barry give me the keys to russian internet
Okay Obama
Makes no sense

kys immediately

Sadly, this.

DAHNALD

I'll SAVE THE INTERNET

>>wahhhh i hate responsibility

While you demand everyone else do something.

There may be an 11th hour legal filing against it
>It's a private company but federally regulated
>The US has put 30yrs of development and money into
>Tax payers money means KNIC can't do anything with out congressional approval
>The laws residing over it now are unclear now that an international group is in charge
>Nothingay even change due to them not having access to sites and rather just DNS naming rights
>The other leaders will worry less about burgers and concentrate on their populous
Not shilling at the end just stating know really knows what will change I'd hope hewouldnt be so stupid as to hand over all access to our information that's stored on cc card and store sites.
Hopefully they push back, the 9/11 veto was a big deal that was the first time in 8 that a presidential veto was overruled/overturned
Download tails and get a decent VPN
TOR is dead though the Feds has all access using a few "tricks"

I've tried. Sadly, my reps are dem scum who wouldn't dream of resisting King Nigger on this.

This. It's terrible if you live in China like countries but America will be fine.

>Timer

>The Final Countdown:
youtube.com/watch?v=TcJ-wNmazHQ

YEEEEHOU
lets get wasted

>The wrong side won:
youtube.com/watch?v=HotaBU1ntJ4

>Why do men fight wars for jewish banks?
youtube.com/watch?v=Jdobquf1zms

>Hitler tried to warn us:
youtube.com/watch?v=MCNHaLziBQw

wait, what??

what's going on with these memberberries!

>Thinking Obama will hand over the country to those that slander the prophet of Islam

Not a chance infidel goyim

It allows wrongthink voices to be cut off from the general public by operation of DNS assignment, allowing dissent to be made invisible.

The point is that people other than the US will be allowed to fuck with internet site access

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HDM3eYp4KQ

you're right, he just lets that organization do its thing and maybe sign the paper

you fags realize that this process began 20 years ago? This is what privatization of the Internet looks like. You all voted for this, Congress 100% approves of this otherwise they'd repeal the bill that is causing this.

>cant be user anymore
>hiro makes us register here
>Cred Forums gold accounts become real

Anyone can recommend a worthy VPN program? Free/paid etc. This would be the most appropriate thread for this and I ain't asking the cucks from Cred Forums for anything.

you're pretty much admitting my assertions, user

>Giving over your dns domains to international organizations
Why?
Why would you do that?

All I've seen you do this entire thread is project and lay blame on everyone but yourself.

Globalist tyranny.

IT ENDS.

FREE SPEECH ON THE INTERNET IS DEAD AT MIDNIGHT

GREAT JOB MEME LORDS

>electing Obama to lead a globalist jew oligarchy

That's why

The UN and "foregin organizations" won't have any say for America's Internet. The whole point of removing US control over ICANN is to do just that, remove US control. America has veto power as a UNSC member so letting the UN control the Internet is pointless.

For the most part the American Internet won't be affected, as there's no means to actually censor here. Comcast, TWC and AT&T will likely try to integrate their own Internets (known as U-verse and Xfinity) with the regular Internet, but it won't really work as both are tied to TVs and increasingly obsolete cable boxes.

The people who will get fucked over are Europeans, whose governments will obtain the tools to censor. But it won't be ICANN doing it, or ICANN being used as a puppet. Individual agencies, such as MI5 or FSI (Germany) will use do so instead. ICANN just sets standards, which is powerful but not itself a tool used to censor. They're only allowing tools to interface with the Internet.

Dominicanism control the world.

lol wow, really pushing the boundaries of manufactured 'consent' here.

the inter net will now be privatized by a liberal leftist activist organization called ICANN that is based in commiefornia. now we will all have to live under what insane leftist bullshit ICANN comes up with.

ITS OVER. and it aint 9000 faggots.

We do the same with satellites, what's the matter? Most IP addresses are outside the US. It makes no sense for the US to retain such total control over the entire Internet. Either the US loosens it's grip, or other countries simply make their own walled-off Internet (like China or South Korea do).

most free VPN won't let you post here

nothing will happen, internet stays where it is.

apparently the organization will still be under US jurisdiction

techrepublic.com/article/us-will-hand-over-dns-supervision-to-icann-lessening-its-control-of-the-naming-system/

Cruz does things like this to stay in government
After this primary though that Canadian fuck is toast
He will never work in red politics ever again

I've stated facts. The Internet's transition to private stakeholders has been charted since my web 1.0 days. I remember discussing it on fucking usenet when Bill originally signed the law into effect:

nytimes.com/1994/10/24/business/us-begins-privatizing-internet-s-operations.html

It's a thing both parties have supported, and a thing libertarians (aka Cred Forums before 2013) completely supported 100%. They still do. Now, this is not necessarily a good thing, but it is what transpired. It is proof that pure capitalism (aka what libertarians worship) is antithetical to our concept of "freedom". At any rate, none of us have any control over this as it was put into motion long ago, before most of you were even born.

grc.com/dns/alternatives.htm
alternativeto.net/software/opendns/
public-dns.info/

I could actually see this being a good thing. As these faggots start removing websites people will start using Tor more often.

Nah, this is better
mega.nz/#!MVFw0QbI!jpkn1kEGxxRI7uURC-nETJDnecbgwkk6azLF1IOydJM

>I could actually see this being a good thing.

Kys

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYTHING EVER HAPPEN?!

Stop this fucking stupid meme. DNS servers mean literally nothing

Oh no! You might have to use an alternative DNS! Tha'ts impossible! Can't be done! It's not like there are thousands of the fucking things!

God forbid! You might even have to type in an IP address once or twice.

Stop defending it

The specifics don't matter shill

They are changing control of the internet for a reason and that is all that matters

We already know the goal

European nations already engage in censorship. See: Torrent site blocking in the UK. Try to open the proper pirate bay and you'll get a little notice about how the high-court has blocked access.

Yea really kys

Not clickin that shit nigga

>ITS NOT CENSORSHIP WERE JUST MAKING IT SO YOU CANT ACCESS WEBSITES WITHOUT THE IP ADRESS AND HACKING THROUGH CLOUDFARE PROTECTION
>TRUST ME GOYIM ITS NOT BAD AT ALL
And you wonder why people want you gassed

Your threads on page one with 100+ replies.
Mines going to page 10. Fuck.

d-delete this...

I am one of keks chosen ones

I am just an observer of you jew and gentiles fighting for control

I pretend to play in your games but if it does not go the way I wish I will just change channels

I'd rather this show didn't end the way it is currently heading though, so I am nudging you goyim towards a fair fight

>YOU CANT ACCESS WEBSITES WITHOUT THE IP ADRESS AND HACKING THROUGH CLOUDFARE PROTECTION
Hardly. Alternative DNS are trivial to set up, you'll almost never need the IP itself.

Many countries already engage in DNS censorship, and many hobbyists have sites on alternative DNS systems so that they can use different TLDs

wikileaks.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS_root#Alternative_DNS_providers
icannwiki.com/Alternative_Roots
opennicproject.org/
Just because you have no idea what you're talking about doesn't mean Obama is handing over control of "The internet" to islamic communists.

Literally nothing will happen

The US government will lose all power over ICANN (even though it already is a NGO)

Even if it is taken over by a hostile dictatorship, nothing will happen

There are 13 root DNS servers around the world, and only one of them is owned by ICANN
The rest are each owned by a different independent organization (including one owned by the US military, another owned by NASA).

Aside from that, the root servers can only censor/create top level domains (e.g. .org .com .net .us)
They've always had the power to create or destroy them, and they still will

The actual content of the top level domains are each controlled by different organizations. Country code TLDs are controlled by the country. Other TLDs, such as .org, are controlled by non-profit organizations that can still censor any website they want, or register any website they want.

If you really thing Cred Forums.org will be going down, then it has nothing to do with ICANN becoming an international entity, but rather because the organization that runs .org decided to remove it. It always had that power, and it always will.

>There are 13 root DNS servers around the world, and only one of them is owned by ICANN

post citations faggot

What censorship? What total control? Do you even have any idea of what is happening?

This one is a real eye opener:

youtube.com/watch?v=HV2GhOkQ1yY

>The Agony is your Triumph...

The white race is over, send your best women to Japan and hope the last Nationalist Nation on earth survives.

>mfw people think it's the nations, not the corporations and banks that are going to be doing the censoring

I'm not defending it.

You don't understand censorship. In South Korea all Internet users have to put in their ID just to log in, and all activities are monitored. Might even see a country pursue a centralized "cloud" system, where private server ownership is banned or taxed.

Any country could already do this. What Obama's going to do is completely irrelevant.

Fucking retard

If you'd actually know how DNS works before trying to fear monger, you'd know this basic stuff

>pic related: see underlined root servers, each run by a US organization, meaning you'd have to compromise those too before trying to censor top level domains

Remember when we had no internet but only poor BBS...

Never forget the 2400 baud!

What does this all mean? The problem is that the entire affair seems so convoluted. Everywhere vague terms, people saying "lol it's literally nothing" while others proclaim the end of the internet.

>The specifics don't matter shill
t. Cred Forums
>serious discussion
vs.
>memes

which would win in Cred Forums?

Everything is going dark... desu.

When its over will I dream?

Companies have no reason to censor. Or, at least, ISPs don't. With the rise of data caps they want users to gouge as much data as possible and this means having as much of it be accessible as plausible. Censorship hurts business. Even Comcast knows this, their PPV sales are shit compared to their Internet subscriptions.

However, the government has every reason to censor because people want the government to "fix" everything. Here in the US they can't due to the First Amendment, but such protections don't exist outside of the US.

How long until people start getting raided for having illegal rare Pepe's on their computer?

Yes, but now they can better integrate it with the regular Internet. They don't even need to use www or http anymore, if ICANN allows them to plug anything into the Internet.

>while others proclaim the end of the internet
You mean Ted Cruz is proclaiming the end of the internet

The US is removing any little power it had over ICANN, which is already a non-governmental organization. ICANN is pretty much a DNS standard manager, and that's it.

>tfw hate speech laws
>can't watch """racist""" things
God I hope May is based enough to repeal hate speech laws.

>They don't even need to use www or http anymore
Do you even have any idea what any of those terms mean?

Nobody needs to use www or http, but people use http because it's a nice language that computers communicate with

Do you even remember the world before 911?

you have no idea what you are talking about

Do you even remember the world before Obama...

oh christ the day has finally come

user, you do understand the world wide web and the internet are two entirely different things, right?

the world wide web is composed of a bunch of servers hosting http files with hyperlinks to other servers hosting http files, the internet is a term for the world wide 'network of networks'.

you, right now, could create a new protocol for basically anything you like, and you can send that protocol over the INTERNET to other servers just fine. the WORLD WIDE WEB in comparison is much like this website you're using now, which is composed of http pages.

in fact, there are multiple other protocols besides http that are used as part of the 'world wide web', some of which include: ftp, tls/ssl, dns to a small extent, etc.

you're like a kid talking about TVs without even knowing what HDMI is or how over the air transmissions works.

it was a beautiful time.

>the world wide web is composed of a bunch of servers hosting http files with hyperlinks to other servers hosting http files, the internet is a term for the world wide 'network of networks'.
*HTML files
HTTP is the language computers use to communicate those files
HTML is the language computers use to display a webpage

Cool

Only 99% of the population gets censored now

No shit some people can hack through censorship you stupid fuck

Kill yourself

yes yes sorry m8 it's 3 AM and i'm drunk as fuck

>change a simple setting that any fucking normalfag could (and would) do just to pirate films
>jesus christ close the command prompt, neo! don't IRC into his TCP LAN server, that's a crime under the computer hacking act! don't play multiplayer notepad dude!

How can I forget when motherfuckers around here still have Bush Cheney stickers on their truks.

I remember I was eating pancakes when I watched the second tower fall live.

Almost all national governments are just puppets of those above them

>Only 99% of the population gets censored now
Nobody gets censored in any case
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what DNS is and how it works

GROUPS OTHER THAN THE US GOVERNMENT WILL HAVE A SAY IN WHAT WEBSITES ARE EASILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE MASSES

FOR EXAMPLE SAUDI ARABIA OR THE UN OR GEORGE SOROS HIMSELF IF HE GOT A GROUP TOGETHER

THE US WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED TO TELL THE REST OF THE WORLD TO DEAL WITH FREE SPEECH

YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO HACK INTO OTHER DNS SERVERS AND USE IP ADRESSES TO GET PAST CLOUDFARE BUT MOST PEOPLE WILL BE UNABLE TO ACCESS WEBSITES THAT GROUPS AROUND THE WORLD DONT APPROVE OF

THERE ARE LOTS OF RICH POWERFUL GROUPS THAT DO NOT WANT FREE SPEECH

TLDR:
This opens pandoras box of SHUT IT DOWN and it can never be secured again without a world war.

Overcomplicating simple problems in an attempt to feed disinfo to goyim is an old tactic

The truth is that they are changing the interney and moving it away from 1A guarantee. That's all that matters for this thread.

Corporations control democratic governments

>HACK
Seriously kill yourself. It's not a "hack" any more than it's an amazing l33t hack to press the power button in order to control the energy-use of your computer.

Few months

And noone will ever know it happens because the only source of news will be kikebook

Those were the good ol days

Couldn't even tell how bad Bush was screwing the world

Does this mean copyright will be irrelevant? It's only America that cracks down on this shit.

Have you left your moms basement in the last month?

Most people cant even use an internet browser because they are so used to jewbook newsfeeds

If you make it so they cant even type in adresses, they may as well be inside the matrix.

YOU ARENT LOOKING AT IT THROUGH HUMANITIES EYES

Thats called entry level hacking

>download app that changes the DNS for you
>???
>whoa now i can pirate films guys!!! i'm such a fucking richard stallman!

Does this mean copyright will be irrelevant? It's only America that cracks down on this shit.

>GROUPS OTHER THAN THE US GOVERNMENT WILL HAVE A SAY IN WHAT WEBSITES ARE EASILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE MASSES

First of all, the root servers don't have a say in what websites are hosted or not hosted.

Imagine the internet as a galaxy. Every computer has their own coordinates (IP address, which is assigned to you by your ISP), and on those coordinates you can host whatever you want. Nobody, aside from your ISP, can censor you. Every person connected to the internet that has an ISP that doesn't censor their connection can travel to your coordinates and send and receive information to and from it.

Some people however decided that they'll create a naming system. Instead of having to remember the exact coordinates of the computer you want to connect to, they created a system, where you travel to them (they are the root domain servers, there are 13 of them, each run by an independent organization), and you ask them where a subdomain is. You can ask them where 'org' is, where 'com' is etc. They tell you where 'org' is located, then you travel to the .org coordinates and ask them where 'Cred Forums' is.

The people running the server at the 'org' coordinates will then tell you the coordinates of 'Cred Forums', and they are the ones with the power to censor what subdomains appear on their domain. (The org domain is run by a non-profit organization in the US)

By revoking any power they had over the non-governmental organization ICANN, they simply made the TLD registering organization completely independent and free. They don't have any real power, aside from telling the 12 other root domain servers what the current DNS standard is, and what TLDs currently exist (i.e. 'org', 'com', 'net', 'us', 'uk')

>download high tech hacking app
>navigate it's complex control panels
>pirating classified information from secured DNS file servers

You may as well be speaking chinese you fucking nerd

But seriously you just have autism and don't understand how the 90% decides what governments do in a democracy and this makes the whole process of getting information near impossible TO THE 90%

NOT THE 10% THAT UNDERSTAND HOW TO WORK AROUND IT

meanwhile: the 90% still understood what putlocker was and how to get films for free.

you're either retarded, or autistic and severely underestimating the intelligence of normalfags.

>Hear from normie friends that the internet is being censored
>They tell you to download this super cool l33t h4xxor program to get access to the l33t tubes
>You run it
>Your computer now uses their DNS server

This change allows voices around the world to be heard rather than told to fuck off by the big bad USA

That is a bad thing because the big bad USA is the only nation in the world that FORCEFULLY UPHOLDS THE FIRST AMENDMENT

youtube.com/watch?v=hsVfRKwd4pg

hopefully they fuck our shit up then we can have some major protests and a happening

im getting bored

Nobody understanda putlocker and how to get films for free or else netflix and all these other shit content spewers would go out of business.

fema camps when

Posting in AOL chatrooms with 1337 haxor macro spammers and booting fuckers off of dialup.

everyone understood putlocker, people are willing to pay for netflix because it's easier to stream it directly to your TV.

that doesn't mean if a film isn't on netflix they won't hook up a laptop and putlocker it.

(proper putlocker is actually gone, but i still notice normies type in "putlocker" as a synonym for "stream film for me pls")

>This change allows voices around the world to be heard rather than told to fuck off by the big bad USA

This change is literally nothing, because ICANN has been a non-governmental organization for ages already

haha this dudes flag looks like an oreo

You're still missing the point

If you even take stuff off search engines, the 90% cant find it

If you remove the ability to type in Cred Forums.org/pol

You may as well nuke half the world in terms of who can access free speech forums

Never trust a jewish oreo

good. there are 200k fucking people on here now. was getting crowded anyway

Cruz shills are getting desperate

you are severely underestimating the 90%, particularly as a group.

once one of them works out you can bypass the company filter on youtube by typing "" the rest of them follow.

Why the fuck would anyone shill for el rato right now?

Fuck off disinfo shill

Is it possible to underestimate the 90%?

as a group, yes.

consider the threat of a single ghetto thug versus a full blown chimpout.

Because this is the narrative he is shilling to try and save his dying career

We know we won't be affected for this shit. But Yurops and chinks will, and as much as I hate Germans, Swedcucks and chinks this is still censoring them, knowing their goverment will shut them down now with the tools to do so.

>Nobody gets censored in any case

>go to independent internet news sources
>connection problem

Just got here. Is this the end of .com as we know it, or is Lyin' Ted just trying to be a thorn in Obama's side?

I'll consider all opinions

you don't need to change your DNS settings to click on a result for "watch XX free"

That's your ISP censoring your internet
You can thank Mutti Merkel for that

the two are similarly trivial and (theoretically) illegal.

>the two are similarly trivial

nope. one requires technical knowledge, the other doesn't

>>You run it
>you're infected with trojans

it takes no technical knowledge to install an app that will do the technical bit for you, and making such an app would be trivial.

remember that for long enough all it took to jailbreak an iphone (something literal children were doing, and not autistic ones either) was to be able to hold the power and volume buttons and click "jailbreak pls" on your PC.

different reasons why this might happen
if the DNS has an invalid IP entry for the domain or the domain was deleted, the page doesn't open

in that case normies wouldn't have been shilling that program

And regardless, most normies would just go on how2geek or a similar website and looked up how to manually change your DNS server

I mean, you might be right about this. It depends if there is enough of a living internet behind the blocking, and if they begrudge the majority of internet users.

The bad case would be the "unfiltered" domain name system becoming something like namecoin or TOR, a system nobody uses and most people starting to use a kosher service instead.

>if the DNS has an invalid IP entry for the domain or the domain was deleted, the page doesn't open

But that's a power all DNS servers already have
And no, those DNS servers aren't run by ICANN
Every DNS server is run by a different organization, and if the specific top level domain (such as org) decides to unregister your domain, then you go register under another one

See: sputniknews.lv, which got deleted by the latvian government, so they just went to sputniknewslv.com

>in that case normies wouldn't have been shilling that program

They may never know they're part of the botnet.
Normies are dumb.

>And regardless, most normies would just go on how2geek or a similar website and looked up how to manually change your DNS server
you mean most techies.
Most normies will assume the site is down.

Explain why giving .com to ICANN isn't a bad thing

Also

>Explain why giving .com to ICANN isn't a bad thing
What? .com is run by Verisign

That's what confuses me. I had a lot of respect for Cruz before he endorsed Trump so I'm not sure what his intentions are. I mean free speech doesn't exist on the internet between google,twitter and Facebook. I like google services but if there against hate speech they'll censor anyway. If there making the internet open source then what's the problem?

ICANN chooses who may participate, and all those servers carry the domains exactly the same.

When US government "seized" pirate websites, they were gone globally.

>Tfw people that use social media see this as a good thing

"Finally, a safe space no matter where I go online!"

Okay, so I was lied to. They're giving up ICANN, which controls some 'TDLs', which doesn't include .com? Shit, I don't even know if anything will happen at all then

I think Ted is being El Rato again

If this goes through basically torrent sites won't be taken down?

>nations

no such thing m8

Well that sure explains a lot.

basically depends if the suits at the organization table vote for "global intellectual property protection" a la TTIP, or if some of them veto against it

also, they can still be taken down, if you can seize the servers

KAT was not seized at the domain level I believe, they got the owner

That could happen but most of the works doesn't give two shits about copyright. It's just the U.S because of Hollywood.

ICANN is already a NGO
ICANN registers TLDs, and the root DNS servers tell that info to computers connecting to it

All TLDs - icann.org/resources/pages/listing-2012-02-25-en

If ICANN decides to remove a domain such as .com, or just change who controls that domain, then it WILL cause a massive scandal in the world, probably including many lawsuits, and since most computers already have a cache of TLDs, and most ISPs have their own DNS server, so ICANN trying to delete a TLD is practically impossible

>R.E.M.
>shit

Off yourself

So basically, all that ICANN does is make new TLDs?

Yes. The problem would be, if they don't care and allow controls due to not caring. If they can gain a slight benefit from allowing piracy, the third world countries will veto controls.

>dying career
>not dead career
Lol ok I guess I'm a cruzmissile then you oreo disinfo jew

Yes
Such as .sucks (though that was a really controversial one)

You can also try buying your own TLD

A lot of people still like Cruz though, especially here in Kansas. No way he'll get to the White House though

This moves the internet 1 step further away from America and the 1st Amendment. It opens the door for SHUT IT DOWN and that door will be near impossible to close.

This may be the point of no return, but it may still take months for it to take effect

>you oreo disinfo jew
How am I a disinfo jew?

I'm trying to explain how DNS works, and why censoring someone by taking down a domain is impossible

See:
>thepiratebay (a lot of the TLDs, such as .se, unregistered them because of the law, but their thepiratebay.org site was always active)
>sputniknews.lv (it was taken down by the latvian government due to propaganda, but they just went to sputniknewslv.com)

What free speech is on the internet these days?

This

The goal is not to shutdown websites

THE GOAL IS TO CUT THEIR TRAFFIC BY A MAJORITY %

ICANN doesn't do shit though, they literally just register TDLs, like .geoff or .orb

Based baltic user

Everything on this website

Fuck jews fuck googles fuck cuckolds praise kek the fbi are corrupt and retarded muslims are violent obama is a nigger and reality is an illusion based on percieved information

I wont be able to say stuff like this to an audience within a year

So go make a thread about that then

This thread is about the internet moving away from the 1st Amendment and America having less control over it. America should have complete control over the internet.

Gas the bikes, race starts now

youtube.com/watch?v=zPex3SwtCSs

>So go make a thread about that then
About what? About how this thread is wrong?
I'd rather stay here and keep BTFOing you

>This thread is about the internet moving away from the 1st Amendment and America having less control over it. America should have complete control over the internet.
The moment the internet expanded past US borders, US stopped having complete control over it. The US has no power over the internet, because it isn't a singe physical object, but rather an idea.

The internet also isn't moving away from the 1st amendment, because the 1st amendment never even applied to the internet. The internet is complete anarchy, nobody rules it, nobody controls it and there are no rules on it.

DNS is a slightly different thing. It also is not controlled by the US, but since ICANN is an international organization, they have to make sure none of the TLDs break any international laws, and that they hand over TLDs to organizations that also comply with international laws.

Holy Kek 9/11 get confirms

Daily reminder that United States created the situation where we are today.

I just mean between google,FB, and Twitter free speech is more limited then it was 10 years ago. The early internet was literal anarchy.

These threads have really opened me up to the blatant ignorance of Cred Forums and specifically Americans.

>Aussie
Neck yourself

I didn't even state a position on this and you're defensive, maybe you should take a look at yourself hoss and stop arguing based on emotion like a little bitch.

I'm okay with the asian part.

So what international laws could hurt the internet?

Your details are irrelevent

My statement still stands

"Obama is lessening American control of the internet" is a true argument

I got the 87878787get while talking about the founding fathers but deleted my digits

Kek sometimes blesses intentionally

No it's not you dumbass, IANA has been contracted to ICANN for almost 20 years, it falls under ICANN policy which is made unilaterally without the input of the government.

Our ancestors fucked up but they didn't have much of a chance to know any better

Free will is a lie used to perpetuate jewish oligarchies

not the internet, but DNS

I guess ICANN trying to register a TLD that somehow contains CP in it, it'd be illegal

>"Obama is lessening American control of the internet" is a true argument
no

Nobody has control over the internet
There is no master switch

You can still just type in a new website and exchange info with millions though

This will add 2 more steps that most of the 90% do not know about

Ignore these disinfo shills

All they are doing is trying to make you think this is no big deal when it is a big deal

At least post some jew hate or something to prove yourselves you shitty shills

Not an argument you fucking sperg.

If you can't explicitly refute what I said you should admit it instead of digging yourself deeper into your delusions.

Can you explain how anything I said is disinfo instead of making a pic related argument?

Keep trying to say that Obama giving away the internet is no big deal shills

Im sure a few people will believe you

It's because Donald Trump would fuck the internet up. He wants to ban violent video games.

You're stating the US government has control of the internet which is factually incorrect.

I can only wonder what Alex is putting in that Super Male Vitalityâ„¢

>Keep trying to say that Obama giving away the internet is no big deal shills
Obama is not giving away the internet, because the internet is not an American asset.
You can't give away something you don't have. ICANN already is and always was a NGO

>Freedom of Speech
>United States

But where else am i going to talk to you faggots without the internet? NOOOO I DON'T WANT IT TO BE OVER!
GUYS can't we invent our own darknet or tor or onion or something. Beg Cred Forums for help!

>implying modern video games arent dogshit
No I am stating that it has PARTIAL control and is LESSENING that PARTIAL control you retarded jew
>LESSENING PARTIAL CONTROL
Kike.

>No I am stating that it has PARTIAL control
But that's wrong.

>thread theme
>it's the end of the world as we know it
>not youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

you do know how to directly connect to IP addresses right?

icann filters at the dns level, not the route level.

Not an argument jew

Cred Forums and other websites have cloudfare protection

GOOD LUCK ACCESSING THEM WITH IP ADRESSES

GO AHEAD AND TRY RIGHT NOW

>inb4 but if you know what you are doing you can still access sites
Don't care.

This.

An argument presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

When you say something based in reality I will respond with something other than "you are wrong", but judging from the 5/50 posts from you that I've read that wont happen.

But the US HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE INTERNET

The internet is a global decentralized network, and no single entity has power over it
The original reason ICANN was created as a NGO was because when the US tried to take central power over DNS standards, everyone else started using their own DNS standard and their own servers, so eventually in ~1998(?), IANA was created to manage it, and ICANN was created to manage IANA

Not even reading because I don't give a shit about the specifics, idk why you keep spamming ;)

el rato pls
you cant shill without arguments

>I am well informed on this subject
>haha I don't care about specifics and also you are wrong

American/10

This is leaf level shitposting right here

The internet isn't a fucking pog collection, you can't just "give it away"

That's it. I have had it with this crap. LEAVE THE INTERNET ALONE, YOU GLOBALIST SCUM.

We are talking in metaphors

The internet is not a physical object

>cruz.senate.gov/internetcountdownclock/
>cruz
Dahnald...

The internet isn't a centralized object either. You don't own it, so you can't give it away.

You mad jewish rats?

It's a travesty. Controlling the Internet is our birthright as Americans. It was born on this soil and it will die on this soil.

Oh wait I'm not American

So this is all just no big deal then right?

Yes. It's literally nothing. It's based on a fundamental misunderstanding of who ICANN are and what they do.

Wouldn't you rather a nation with the first Amendment as it's core value be in charge though?

Watch the video you cruz shill

Pls don't shutdown our Taiwanese oil painting forum, I need my memes to get out of bed in the morning!

Not an argument. :DDD

DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO IT WILL GIVE YOU A VIRUS AND STEAL YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS

>calling others cruz shill
>while you are shilling for cruz's dead career

finance.yahoo.com/news/no-ted-cruz-the-us-isnt-giving-away-the-internet-032215995.html
npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/09/26/495396014/republicans-say-obama-administration-is-giving-away-the-internet
phys.org/news/2016-09-internet.html

The video is full of stefan molyjew arguments

And almost immediately he gets into "fundamental misunderstanding of who ICANN are and what they do" along with "Literally no idea what a DNS is and how trivial it is to set up an alternative one"

>(((yahoo)))
>(((NPR)))

Guwno

This

But the US isn't in charge
None of you have any idea about what's going on

Does anyone have a good copy pasta for something to wright to your local representative about our concern on this issue?

I would rather have many nations with conflicting interests be in charge.

Or at the very least a country that doesn't kidnap foreigners abroad for fantasy offenses on a regular basis.

You never know what will be the worst thing since hitler in America next week. It's entirely conceivable that at some point really soon America will consider any crime "against the Internet" as a crime against America committed on American soil, and will demand extradition of frog posters worldwide.

I'd much prefer Switzerland in charge of the Internet tbqh.

Peppridge Farms Rmembers

There may be a change of authority and power of the internet from the US, which has some first amendment protections, to the world as a whole, to authoritarian regimes and the UN, which do not have any particular commitment to free speech. I can not express to you how serious this is. A huge majority of American people appose this transfer of power, 14% approve of it. There are governments out there that do not have the best of good intents to keep the internet as a medium for free speech. Many have spoken publicly that they want to censor certain people and websites on the internet simply because they disagree. The plan to hand control over the internet offshore transfers control of domain names to a body like the UN's International Telecommunications Union could leave nations like Russia, China, and even Iran in charge of the worlds most important free speech medium. If you have control over that which maps human friendly names to servers you can just turn them off at will, putting large sections of the internet in darkness.

>There may be a change of authority and power of the internet from the US, which has some first amendment protections, to the world as a whole, to authoritarian regimes and the UN, which do not have any particular commitment to free speech
No, there is no transfer of authority over the internet
The internet has no single authority

They are planning on finalizing IANAs full transfer to ICANN

>There are governments out there that do not have the best of good intents to keep the internet as a medium for free speech
Well, they can suck it up. ICANN manages TLDs, but pretty much all it does is register new ones, because deleting an existing TLD is practically impossible

>Many have spoken publicly that they want to censor certain people and websites on the internet simply because they disagree
And they do so by forcing their ISPs to comply with their laws, not by trying to take down some TLD.

>The plan to hand control over the internet offshore transfers control of domain names to a body like the UN's International Telecommunications Union could leave nations like Russia, China, and even Iran in charge of the worlds most important free speech medium
They tried to do this, but the US veto'd it (and will always be able to do so)

>If you have control over that which maps human friendly names to servers you can just turn them off at will, putting large sections of the internet in darkness
But you don't have full control over that. You would only have control over 1/13th of the servers that control which TLDs exist. TLDs are practically impossible to take down, and if you do try to unregister it, you'd better have a good for doing so, otherwise you will lose all legitimacy

The internet isn't a single centralized device, it's a massive peer to peer network that requires cooperation from all sides, and attempting to censor anything always happens through the ISP (the gateway to the internet) and not on the actual internet

You really do have a thankless job, Latvia.

Another abortion rant... :/

WE NEED TO RAGE INTO THE NIGHT. ONE LAST BIG REDPILL FOR THE PUBLIC SO THAT HILLARY IS JAILED FOR ONCE AND ALL!

hahahaha

>imply the dirty illegal spics won't get thrown over our big beautiful wall

Isn't the problem not that IANA is finalizing a full transfer to ICANN but rather that the Obama administration plans to shift control of ICANN from the U.S. to a "multilateral" body?

So I've read up a bit on this and
wtf is the issue?
literally nothing will happen as a result of this, ICANN will just become autonomous as it was meant to be and there will be 1 less step to changing a bit of numbers that doesnt affect the users of the internet. You fucks should be happy that the government has less of a hold on the internet, it may mean less snooping by the US

ICANN isn't controlled by the US
ICANN is already an international organization

Everything going on right now is exactly what was supposed to happen when ICANN and IANA were founded

But countries already block shit in there countries already. I swear I think Cruz is a con artist.

thanks for correcting the record

>tchL+RsK
I wish I could quote your entire ID. You're fucking retarded and assuming that most people are as dumb as you. The only people who won't have full access are soccer moms and old people.

He is, but at least hes sounding like he's trying to help this time.

I'm almost certain that the United States government has oversight of key operating functions of the internet. The US created the internet.

help who or what

> ICANN will just become autonomous

In other words, up for grabs and can be sold off to the highest bidder. Wonder how much the Rothchilds will pay to acquire the web?

His argument is that "it's no big deal because it already happened and was supposed to happen"

Dont listen to shills

Help Americans, but he's honestly just helping himself. Once a rat always a rat

>its a badselfeater episode

help americans how

As I have said many times in this thread, ignore that shill

Stefan Molyjew, Trump and Cruz are 3 people who's arguments you should listen to:

He explains it all in detail

>oversight of key operating functions of the internet
such as?

The internet is a network of connected computers
Every ISP is a node on that network
You can delete the entire US from that network, the rest of the network still exists, and thus the internet still exists

What the fuck do you think?

If he succeeds in defending the internet he may salvage his wrecked political career

Enemy of the globalists is my cruz

Nobody cares about your disinfo kikeshill

ICANN is already autonomous faggot

i don't think

>defend the internet

from what

Were you dropped on your head as a kid?

not an argument