Roman coins found in Japan, Chinese skeletons found in Roman London

Guys. We're living in an alternate timeline. This confirms it.

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/chinese-skeleton-discovery-roman-history-society-southwark-cemetery-asian-remains-a7330666.html

>Two ancient skeletons unearthed at a cemetery in London may have been of Chinese origin, overturning longstanding assumptions about the history of the Roman Empire and Britain's capital city in 43AD
>Crucially though, it raises the possibility that trade took place between Rome and China outside of the famous Silk Road.
>While previous archaeological work has shown the ((multicultural)) nature of the ancient city and its importance as a major trading hub, this is only the second time the bones of an individual of possibly Chinese origin have been found at a Roman site, the first being the discovery of a possibly Asian man in Vagnari, Italy.

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/roman-coins-discovery-castle-japan-okinawa-buried-ancient-currency-a7332901.html
>The four copper coins were retrieved from soil beneath Katsuren Castle on Okinawa Island, and were originally thought to be a hoax before their true provenance was revealed.
>The designs on the coins are difficult to decipher as they have been eroded over time, but x-ray analysis revealed several of the relics bore the image of Emperor Constantine I also commonly known as Constantine the Great.

The announcements were made in successive days(Mon/Tues) earlier this week.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1332636/DNA-tests-Chinese-villagers-green-eyes-descendants-lost-Roman-legion.html
history.com/news/possible-chinese-skeletons-could-rewrite-roman-history
nytimes.com/1985/06/25/science/underwater-exploring-is-banned-in-brazil.html
theepochtimes.com/n3/1946376-exclusive-new-evidence-ancient-romans-may-have-made-it-to-oak-island-canada/
thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1333135-oak-island’s-roman-sword-saga-unsheathed
express.co.uk/news/history/628827/ANCIENT-ROMANS-America-eerie-discovery-change-history
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daqin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_citizenship
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Roman_relations
archive.is/rE3wh
youtube.com/watch?v=JHJhah1c-K0
youtube.com/watch?v=kUs8tWJ0EWM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's now physical evidence that the Roman Empire was in direct physical contact with Classical Japan and China and vice versa not just merely from distant merchant trade via the Silk road and Indian exotic sea lanes. It lends further support of ancient Chinese sources(something historians have long questioned)claiming that tall light eyed,fair skinned men from far to the west arrived in China on diplomatic missions with guards dressed in metallic armours and strange birdlike plumes on their helmets. This also corroborates the village of Liqian here:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1332636/DNA-tests-Chinese-villagers-green-eyes-descendants-lost-Roman-legion.html
They are the very likely descendants of a lost Roman legion belonging to Marcus Crassus in China and nearly all of them have green eyes,fair skin(with asiatic influence) and blond hair and for years was deemed nothing more than a myth but DNA in 2010 proved nearly everyone in the village has European heritage.

Romans truly are the masters of the world. 2000 years later and still cucking everyone. Reminds me of that recent Chinese funded movie about the Roman Empire and Chinese Empire clashing.
>inb4 the Chinese become the new "WE WUZ".

history.com/news/possible-chinese-skeletons-could-rewrite-roman-history

So nothing more than a blip? Or is this evidence the Empire's influence was far more reaching than ever thought?
I swear if there are Roman ruins hidden in the Americas thick jungles...

我們是羅馬人

> Roman coins found in Japan
As somebody who is interested in history, it fascinates me. Thank you, user

>Crucially though, it raises the possibility that trade took place between Rome and China outside of the famous Silk Road.

I thought this was well established?

>I swear if there are Roman ruins hidden in the Americas thick jungles...

nytimes.com/1985/06/25/science/underwater-exploring-is-banned-in-brazil.html

theepochtimes.com/n3/1946376-exclusive-new-evidence-ancient-romans-may-have-made-it-to-oak-island-canada/

thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1333135-oak-island’s-roman-sword-saga-unsheathed

express.co.uk/news/history/628827/ANCIENT-ROMANS-America-eerie-discovery-change-history

We've known this for a long time. They're only talking about it now to imply mass immigration is normal.

>Chinese skeleton found
How do they know it's Chinese? We're all the same race, the human race. Our skin colour is different but you can't tell beneath that because we're all the same

Rome is the Ancient Civilization from One Piece, and the World Government are the jews!

Eiichiro Oda is a genius.

The skulls are different

HORR UP

This is racist

HOW CAN YOU TELL SKULL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ALL RACES WHEN THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE YOU FASCIST SCUM

only further proof Jesus was a Jap

JUSTing up another thread A leafy

aboot

syrup nigger maple bitch

BAN THESE THINGS FROM REAL LIFE AND HERE, KILL ALL LEAFS

SO YOU ARR A SAY

NEWSFLASH: ROME NEVER FELL

It's not "very likely" that that village is Roman-descended. The village is in Western China, on the edge of the Steppe. It's way more likely that they're descended from Caucasian Scythian tribes, or Tocharians, or Pashto, or any of the Indo-European people that were known to live in that exact area

>Not knowing ancient chinks loved Romans so much that they finally admitted that they're better than them

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daqin

Ban your foreskin oh wait you don't have one
JUST

>Two skeletons from 2000 years ago prove their was always replacement level of immigration to Europe from around the globe.

>Venomo Chiristuru

There were Yin Yang symbols on some old Roman Shields.

SHUT IT DOWN

Just for once can you mouth breathing idiots just follow up with the discussion instead of making shit jokes?

>Constantine I

Not as ancient nor as distant from China as they are making it sound.

THEY WERE ROMANS AND SHIET

Its not hard to imagine that merchants or diplomats from China went all the way to the ends of the Roman Empire. We've lost a shitload of records from that time, and I'm sure the scribes in the Middle Ages didn't give two shits about records of Yi Han and Jin Tang trading porcelain for tin in Albion.

Assuming such records were even worth keeping around. It would probably be as relevant/interesting as John Anderson Smith's tax filings from 1938.

As for Roman coins in Okinawa. It probably ended up there as novelty that got traded along the silk road into China.

>Roman merchant buys something from a merchant and pays in coins in 318 AD.
>The coins are used in other transactions until it gets far enough away from Roman that it becomes a bit of a curio, and is sold/traded.
>1000 years later a couple of Roman coins are traded/stolen by sea merchants/pirates and taken to Okinawa.
>Local lord at Katsuren wants them because they're old and from a faraway unknown land.
>Eventually some these get lost. Either in a fire or perhaps just fall between the floorboards and never recovered.

I'm sure the actual story is a million dollar story, but its pretty fucking mundane how it got there.

>evidence the Empire's influence was far more reaching than ever thought?

And since Deng Xiao Ping they're rebuilding all over.

-70.169568, 87.801301

It is known that the Chinese had knowledge of the Roman Empire and have sent at least one envoy to find them
Thing is they asked the Persian for instructions
Persian being afraid to be sandwiched between to Empires sent them all the way around Africa so envoy eventually gave up the trip and returned
It is quite possible merchants reaching through the Persian Empire took a look at Rome and said "This is nice, I am staying here"

Or this is just propaganda to reinforce multiculturalism so liberals can say "SEE, RACISTS? EUROPE WAS NEVER REALLY WHITE. IT WAS ALWAYS MULTICULTURAL."

>countries know of each other but technology of the time means traveling between them is very rare
>A few dedicated tradesmen make the journey
>A couple of them die while in Rome and thus are buried there
>This now means the world was a melting pot and homogenous nations never existed

>They are the very likely descendants of a lost Roman legion belonging to Marcus Crassus in China
Thats a bit far fetched
There should be at least some linguistic evidence to back this up

this
literally this
also rome never fell they hide in the arctic with the nazi

People traded coins no matter who produced them in ancient time user. Roman coins were held in good esteem and worth trading in India, so Japanese trade to China/India would have dealt in some roman coinage.

Or a war broke out and they couldn't return. Or perhaps they couldn't afford to return?

The Mandela Effect is fucking spooky

If they want their multikulti propaganda they should write about Alexander's empire.

He literally encouraged racemixing.

Or they got shanked by the Roman Mafia for selling opium on their territory
Who the fuck knows

Pre-Hispanic people shared links with asians.
Africans were aliens but the Europeans decided to bring them here.
Somehow, Leftist Americans want more Niggers.
Niggers deserve to fuck off, They have to go back

Gold and silver coins yeah given they could get the weight of gold/silver per coin as payment. Copper coins not so much.

are you serious it's a well know fact that chinks and romans where trading

WE

Italians confirmed for chinks.

Coin is coin user and it was a couple of coins, not a stockpile of them.

WIR

How different the world may have been if the Chinese emperors hadnt ban ships?

kek

Probably just some Japanese Roman pro who died a long time ago.

Thanks, was wondering in which way they'd spin this

>b-but it's only a m-meme

>tall

How short were the ancient Chinese? The Romans were not that tall, even the ones with mixed Estrucian blood.

Brief reminder that this is being set up as propaganda to reinforce the "multicultural europe" meme. I expect to see much more reports from (((credible))) sources in the near future talking about multiculturalism in ancient European societies.

I understand that there has been some contact between Rome, and Eastern Asia, and very minor trade (although India's always been the middle-man between Roman and Asian trade, Romans and East Asians rarely, if ever contacted eachother beyond a few explorers and small incidents of people going both ways.

We're going to see more articles about non-whites in Europe, mark my words. First, it will be two chinese skeletons. Then, it will be negro colonies along the meditteranean. Then, it will be darker skinned caucasians were always among us! Then, it will be "new studies show that whites invaded Eastern Europe!" or some garbage.

Europe was almost exclusively white, Asia was almost exclusively yellow. Contact was largely through trade and explorers.

>Send envoy to a foreign country that have never seen you
>Not sending your tallest and most muscular freaks

Do you think propaganda is something new?

Could be. Romans like silk. A lot. Northern European tribes looked on silk with disdain, while greek/aryan/egyptian cultures were kind of 'meh.'

>(((credible))) sources
>If I dont like it its not true

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_citizenship

You are no better than a sjw

>We've known this for a long time. They're only talking about it now to imply mass immigration is normal.
This.

>in China on diplomatic missions
>lost legion
>a small village
>still cucking everyone
Hmmm.

>Wikipedia
Come back when you're worth my time, Turk.

Also the contents of that article have nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Dafuq is that

yeah i'm starting to see where they are going

listen to this leaf

>They are the very likely descendants of a lost Roman legion belonging to Marcus Crassus in China

lol what. Marcus Crassus got BTFO by the Parthians at Carrhae and then had molten gold poured down his throat. There were no "lost legions" in his army considering they all fled and most of them were killed by the parthians.

You are probably talking about the Roman prisoners who were put to use in guarding the eastern borders of Parthia, even then the theory of the Roman guards interbreeding with the locals is pretty far fetched.

As cool as the story is of some Roman legion battling the eastern empires and eventually giving up and settling down. It is ultimately that, just a story.

As for the coins yes its cool. But doesn't really mean anything more than the Romans traded with the east. From what we know the Han Empire and Roman Empire were both generally "aware" that each other existed but nothing more. In fact the Han empire sent emissaries to discover Rome but were thwarted yet again by the Parthians who sent them the wrong way because they were scared the Han and Roman Empires would team up and utterly destroy Parthia.

Fair point.

Its been established for a very long time that Rome had other-than-the-Silk-Road relations with China. And China has had a trade relationship with Japan since time immemorial. This is not surprising.

He is right
There are caucasian genes all over south Siberia
The Mongol culture is basically the Scythian culture
The horse originates from Ukraine
The Mongols have myths about how the First Man and the First Horse came from the west.

Suits me right for responding to a Leaf desu

Coins travel further than people do.
You know how Canadian pennies get mixed into your change sometimes?
Well imagine if Canadian pennies were accepted as legal tender on a global scale.

>Roman trader buys from Persian trader and pays with copper coins.
>Persian trader slips a couple of roman copper coins ino payment to Chinese trader
>Roman copper coins circulate in China for a while and wind up in the coin purse of some Chinese scholar
>Chinese scholar goes to Japan and pays his bartab with pocket change
>Some samurai then pays his own bartab and gets back Roman pennies as change
>"Ah-so! Funny foreign penny! I give to daimyo he raugh and give a me promotion!
>Roman penny is given to daimyo's son who then loses it in the dirt
>forgotten for hundreds of years until archeologists discover "mysterious out of place artifact" and click bait media freaks the fuck out

>So nothing more than a blip? Or is this evidence the Empire's influence was far more reaching than ever thought?

Stop being retarded. This is not new information. Trade networks carried Roman goods as far as Japan and vice versa:

archive.is/rE3wh

> Roman beads found in Kofun Period tomb

This is not remarkable. British colonists found natives with Portuguese coins in New England not very long after contact between Portuguese and natives in South America. There were some fascinating studies about how quickly trade networks could "move" these items great distances done 20 or so years ago that hypothesized that rare (but useless) items of beauty were traded more commonly than even simple items of great utility but, because they were held in esteem, much less often lost or abandoned.

The "Chinese skeletons" paper seems to have some severe reservations attached to it, but it wouldn't be entirely shocking.

They will use this shit to no end to let in more people

History made everyday.

No this is biologist

>we wuz dacian samurais n shit
t. radu

Just propaganda shit so more BBC historical dramas can feature black kings.

>mfw

I still don't understand what your link has to prove, lad. I never implied that Romans disallowed non-whites from immigrating to Rome, but given the circumstances of the world that long ago, it would be nearly physically impossible for Asians (who weren't grizzled explorers or experienced traitors) to migrate and live in Europe that long ago. There was no infrastructure and the terrain would be nearly impossible to traverse in large groups. The only notable case of a really large group from Ancient Europe moving and staying in Asia was the instance where that Roman legion got lost and settled in very far-west China (this was before the East Asians colonized that far in mainland, mind you. Their civilizations were almost entirely coastal), so they didn't become a part of an Asian civilization anyways until much later.

The very few non-whites in ancient Rome were largely from North Africa, but they were still Caucasian.

How to merge all the timelines?
Lets makes the upside down possible.

Oak Island is a meme.

My point is there was not a segregated society
You could make it to a top social rank (citizen) starting off as a slave, regardless of race or nationality
If you look at the Roman nobility trees it is not that rare seeing marriages between pure Romans and other wealthy "foreigners" from intergrated regions (especially Greek seakikes)

Next week:

> (((Scientists))) have discovered a neolithic mosque in luton predating christianity's arrival
> "See england has always been an islamic multiculti paradise!"

your sciences, your history and geography, everything you think know is a lie
this is no alternate timeline, they have even boasted about what they were doing

I never implied they weren't a segregated society. Non-whites and lower-class citizens could rise to the top in Ancient Rome, but given the time period and how it was hard to traverse even small stretches of land, it made it nearly impossible to immigrate vice versa in the first place, keeping Rome relatively white, or at least caucasian. Their biggest source of immigration was probably from Egypt and surrounding caucasian groups in the North African and Middle Eastern region, and maybe very rarely Indians. Travel from niggerville or east asia would have been nearly impossible. Maybe negros could get into ancient Rome as slaves, but given East Asia's distance from Europe, it would be incredibly dumb to imply that they migrated back and forth. Asians and Romans were aware of eachother's presence but never really interacted beyond a few brave explorers and traders. I'd expect most interaction between Romans and East Asians would probably take place in trade hubs in India.

>According to genetic studies Subsaharan Africans and Caucasians are different subspecies
>Chinese skulls are found in Rome
>JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWS NOT REAL SCIENCE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I never implied that they were a segregated society****

fug

>multicultural
ROME WASN'T FUCKING MULTICULTURAL. EVERYONE HAD TO WORSHIP THE EMPEROR

THAT IS A MONOCULTURE THAT TOLERATES THE EXISTENCE OF OTHER CULTURES

This.
But why hide something simple like Bosnian and Crimean pyramids that rival the Egyptian structures in size and age? What is the end game? inb4 joos, becasue they get lied to about their origins as much as everyone else.

They found them in london if you even bothered to read for a split second you fucking idiot kek

Nah Raftel is Greek because it fits the Atlantis theme

Globalization? IN MY EMPIRE?

LUDAEI RELINQUO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Maybe negros could get into ancient Rome as slaves
No not Bantus and Chadians for sure
But Ethiopians had a quite competent civilisation and had strong trade ties with Eastern Med through Egypt even pre-Roman times
I dont see how this can be used to promote a multicultural Europe today and even if it can be twisted around to do so this is no excuse to yell JEWS over a simple archaeological finding
Historical revisionism is nothing new but discarding facts because you are afraid they can be used against your narrative is sjw tier

Yeah sorry slip of the keyboard

You're a literal fucking retard.

The only racemixing Alexander allowed was Greek man X persian woman. Persians are light skinned and would be lighter skinned 2,000 years ago without Arab influence. They would essentially have look the same as black-haird mediterranean whites.

He did not allow his men to racemix with arabs or indians or any other races except persian women. Not greek women marrying persian men, but greek men marry persian women as second or third wives.

You're insanely stupid if you think that is the same as the modern liberal racemixing.

>Falling for obvious bait
kys, it's roleplaying.

>Mediterraneans
>White

WE WUZ ROMANS

>Let me tell you what's white

>Historical revisionism is nothing new but discarding facts because you are afraid they can be used against your narrative is sjw tier
But I haven't discarded anything, though, or revised anything. Ancient Ethiopians, whilst still being black-skinned like niggers, had caucasian features (Capoids). I'm very well aware they were an empire. By niggerland I'm largely referring to Congoloids.

SOME caucasian features***

Only an uneducated moron would be surprised at this.
Romans and Chinese knew about each other, and trade was existing.
As others mentioned those were isolated merchants and communities, the stories today are used to show mass immigration as something normal.

Sino-Roman relations were essentially indirect throughout the existence of both empires. The Roman Empire and the ancient Han dynasty progressively inched closer in the course of the Roman expansion into the Ancient Near East and simultaneous Chinese military incursions into Central Asia. However, powerful intermediate empires such as the Parthians and Kushans kept the two Eurasian flanking powers permanently apart and mutual awareness remained low and knowledge limited. Only a few attempts at direct contact are known from records. In 97 AD, the Chinese general Ban Chao tried to send his envoy Gan Ying to Rome, but Gan was dissuaded by Parthian authorities from venturing beyond the Persian Gulf.[1][2] Several alleged Roman emissaries to China were recorded by ancient Chinese historians. The first one on record, supposedly from either the Roman emperor Antoninus Pius or his adopted son Marcus Aurelius, arrived in 166 AD.[3][4] Others are recorded as arriving in 226 and 284, with a long absence until the first recorded Byzantine embassy in 643.[5]

The indirect exchange of goods on the land along the Silk Road and sea routes included Chinese silk, Roman glassware and high-quality cloth.[6] Roman coins minted from the 1st century AD onwards have been found in China, as well as a coin of Maximian and medallions from the reigns of Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius in Vietnam, the same region Chinese sources claim the Romans first landed. Roman glasswares and silverwares have been discovered at Chinese archaeological sites dated to the Han period. Roman coins and glass beads have also been found in Japan.

shit that remind me of when they found buddha statues in norway and viking jewelries near china

>Persians are light skinned and would be lighter skinned 2,000 years ago without Arab influence. They would essentially have look the same as black-haird mediterranean whites.

Source?

Wow, no wonder why asian males that turn into traps look so passable.

pretty much all representation of ancient babylonian and assyrians show them quite white skinned

>express.co.uk/news/history/628827/ANCIENT-ROMANS-America-eerie-discovery-change-history

This sword ended up being fake.

HOL UP
>invents latin alphabet
SO YO BE SAYING
>invents western civilization
I MAIGHT BE WRONG BUT IS THAT YOU SAYIN
>builds columns
DID I HEAR IT RIGHT NIGGA
>praises jupiter
SO YOU REALLY BE SAYIN
>destroys carthage
THAT WE WUZ ROMANS AND SHIET?

i cant stop laughing 10/10

Greek statue depicting a Persian archer, recoloured by using UV light to determine the original colour

Ever heard of plate tectonics?

^ this

you be right

Horrible music taste
Listen to real metal or gtfo

Cossacks?

Holy shit, I've never actually read this all the way through.
>Finnish war on autism
Hahahahahaha fuck

I fucking hate this place

>india

Japan bringing the bantz again.

Reaching china from europe was arguably easier during roman times than during the middle ages.

it came with pork fried rice

Rome not dominating China was a tragedy.
Imagine it, Chinese kanji replaced with god tier latin, then Japan and Korea use latin.
Kanji is fucking horrid.

Here is how Japs used to print things.
youtube.com/watch?v=JHJhah1c-K0

Latin is god tier, a nice small alphabet is all you need.

Fucking Parthians, Roman Chinese collaboration would be goat. Or a disaster given Rome and Carthage.

where did the Arabs originally come from?

They originate from the Arabian peninsula(modern Saudi Arabia), which Alexander never conquered, and they were originally polytheist. They only begun to spread out in the rest of MENA after the death of Prophet Muhammad.

African semite/caucasian halfbreeds.
You know, like those dark as fuck indians, just have them fuck some jews and you have arabs.

thank you, learned anons.

>Giza Mass Autism Array

Okay. That's enough internet for tonight.

Dragon Blade was a pretty good film OP. I liked that it treated both cultures with respect.

youtube.com/watch?v=kUs8tWJ0EWM