Whats some based monuments of your nation?

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Kaiser-Wilhelm-I.-Reiterdenkmäler
cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/vandals-damage-fredericton-cenotaph-1.779791
expass.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/img_2018.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When a shell from a British warship shot away the flagstaff, he recovered the South Carolina flag in the Battle of Sullivan's Island, raised it on a temporary staff, and held it under fire until a new staff was installed . Governor John Rutledge gave his sword to Jasper in recognition of his bravery.

Supposedly the biggest Jesus in the world.
I'm not a christian but it caused a lot of butthurt on the left so I guess it's based.

no competition

Kassel herkules

My dick.

Take a moment to actually look at this one. Australia is young and new, we don't have many.

Take a moment to actually look at this one. Australia is young and new, we don't have many.

Our proudest achievement

Nelson's pillar was based. I wish those faggots didn't blow it up.

finnish monuments are pretty gay

oh and also this one, it pees water

i cry everytime

>tfw MW3 was a good game

we got one of those

seeing that irl gave me vertigo

whats the difference between a pillar and a column anyways?

>im not christian
>my religion is human suffering with a dash of narcissism
that's alt right 101, baby

Battle Monument at West Point is a memorial to Union Civil War dead. It is the largest column of polished granite in the Western Hemisphere, topped by a female statue named Fame.

A traditional piece of 'plebe knowledge' was for an upper classmen to ask a freshman, "What are they (females)?" to which they would respond, "They are all fickle, but Fame."

undoubtedly most famous

If you can you spot the 5 fucking leafs you win an Alt Right starter Kit including 2 dozen chicken tendies, 0 friends, and an autographed copy of the Alt Right manual: Charles Manson's Helter Skelter

Why?
I thought it was a joke.

Literally the perfect visual metaphor for the celtic tiger. Large, expensive, hollow and ugly

>wanting the main nationalist street in the country to be cucked by some random englishmen who never even visited Ireland

They should've kicked Nelson off somewhere else and replaced him with someone actually relavant to Ireland. Still, it's better than the kike monument we have now

>weedman's father monument

> BLESS THE CONFEDERACY!

Comfy

God is a Serb.

>God is a Serb.
That's why there is so much violence in this world.

Why does he have a statue?

I expected to see something like that in Australia.

Set a precedent for faggotry, globalism, and Communist sympathies... of course he would get one :)

I like this one. Lefties getting triggered and calling for its removal every few years is pretty funny.

i don't care i'm gonna move out

Was about to post this. Good choice.

Soon he will awake.

too embarrassed anyway like it's not a white country so why bother, right ? gonna move out

Holy shit. That's marvelous.

>nationalist street

lol, I hate you "muh republic" retards

Get rekt faggots

its commie but it looks goat

For a short period of time, Bavarian kings ruled over Greece. It was back then when linguists discovered the common roots of all indogermanic languages. All this led the Bavarian kings to believe that Germans and ancient Greeks were somehow connected, thus leading to the construction of the Walhalla. The Walhalla was built to honor exceptional achievements of the German people. You'll find busts of Arminius as well as Anne Frank.

>built for both nationalists and commies
Me too, user.

bretty gool

modern piece of shit. Might as well be a large buttplug.

I always liked Treptower Park monument. Soviet post-WWII monuments was surely the best we ever build. And the best thing that it stand in the middle of Berlin and Germans will never have guts to do anything about it.

> Modern '''''' art '''''''

That poor child is about to get raped!

All those beautiful memorials, gone with the wind...

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Kaiser-Wilhelm-I.-Reiterdenkmäler

And that's just the loss of memorials dedicated to one man!

>communist """"""""""""art""""""""""""

>anne frank

fucking dropped

Majority of retards from here support this defeneracy

END ME NOW

The German Imperial Castle in Posen, Poland. A last glimpse of civilization before the eternal Pole was in charge again.

>Soviet post-WWII monuments was surely the best we ever build
yep

In front of Santos Dumont Airport in Rio.

>Bottom

Robert the Bruce statue in Aberdeen, Scotland.

>finish monument
>literally a mongolian horse archer

Nice.

no competition.

fascists will cry

this would look presentable without the layers of shit and grime covering it

what be this?
it's downright fantastical?

This is my favourite. It's simple, phallic, and pisses off the French.

Albert memorial is a close second.

It gets less attention since they closed it off, to many an heroes

It's the "1300 years Bulgaria" monument in Shumen, celebrating 1300 years of Bulgaria.

it's pretty based. every australian needs to be there at least once. it's like a rite of passage.

That's a big banana

>tfw no monuments
pic semi related

Why do you homos have a lefty monarchy?
Please lynch the Trudeau cucks, they shouldn't be allowed to spawn more. Thank god Justin's brother died.

Buzludzha UFO

>liberal """"""""""""art""""""""""""

Christopher Columbus pointing where is the gold from Barcelona

inside

Paris, place Vendome.

It's no surprise the American monument is a blob

>the red star used to be seen from the whole upper Thrace

Them Red Alert terror drones, Am I right?

That's marvelous and inspiring

WEW

I really like the monument to San Martin, there a lot of good ones tho.

>a fucking box

>tfw you build stuff like this, and then commies and libfags come

Best well known Monument in the UK

Monument of KEK in Katowice.

The mosque in malmö

Came to post this.

Hilarious that the only people who go there are black nowadays.

>Glory to the unbeatable soviet "liberator" army

Don't talk shit.

but seriously ..He is the Man !

Hmm I wonder why they didn't tear it down since they hate Germans so much.

>Monument to revolution

first thing i managed to find

That's a pokemon

Pretty cool. Has a very dwarven look to it.

Dacian king Decebalus carving

because nothing is more important than space

For you

That's a goddamn tie fighter

>tfw Croat commie """"""monuments"""""" actually look semi-decent

I really like this monument, and one time when I was road tripping through the country I stumbled upon it. Was a nice day.

It mostly reminds me of TIE fighter from star wars

Every time I go to the city centre I see a proud statue of the founder of our nation. Then I lower my gaze a bit and see the 50 unemployed welfare-taking shitskins just lounging about around the base of it.

I thought a pillar held something up like a roof

thats TIE figther not commie monument!
All hail emperor!

>Not posting best one

US World War 2 memorial. Without a doubt my fav monument in DC. A real return to our best monumental architecture in the neo-roman style. Lots of marble, bronze and water. Monument also tells the story of the war in the Art, with an emphasis on the sacrifices of the individual people and the various States and Territories.

v1.0

>wtf happened here

Rate the Hősök Tere.

You fuckers better protect your glorious monuments from leftists/separatist scum. Without tourism Spain is fucked.

That's a nice mosque. That makes two swedish mosques in this thread.

v2.0

the bulldog is more british

Fucking kek, didn't know Canucks liked Wild Wild West so much.

>Talking shit about greyfriars bobby
>being a savage

pick both

The newly rebuilt Andrássy statue is also good.

All hail Viktor Orbán, God-Emperor of all Hungarians!

>dat place
TRIGGERED

I bet your school history barely even mentioned this guy.

Its Wayne Gretzky guys.....Waaaayyynnnne Gretzky!

Turul statues. These things are all over the Carpathian Basin. The raptor bird with a sabre in his talons is one of our national symbols.

Coronation of Franz Joseph on the side!

Surprised none of my fellow burgers have posted the Korean War Memorial yet. It's one of my favorites. Looks eerie in the snow.

Equestrian statues.

How Pedestrian.

Ah just beat me to it !

The tone from swedes in this thread is depressing. Are we really that deep down the shit?

I'm not not joking when I say that I am angry every day about the state of our "nation". I live in Gothenburg and if I go to the store at the place I live I WILL see more shitskins than Swedes.

Statue in Norway erected by Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany

wasn't he the guy who fucked over William Wallace?

"castle"

Personally, I don't mind it at all. The coronation was the symbolic event of the Austro-Hungarian Compromise of 1967.

Also, it feels like Princess Sissi is the central character of the bust.

My grandmother lives in Gothenburg and refuses to flee to Finland despite shitskins having already tried to break into her apartment in broad daylight. Feels bad man.

do making monuments outside your borders count?

I'm here for the education, after that I'm fleeing back to my hometown of Halmstad that is slightly less filled with subhumans (still a lot though). When I was a child I looked forward to living in Gothenburg. How times have changed.

better add one impaled rapefugee on it

i'd do anything to see a bomber formation raze that

based

Get on our level.

czech made

No Burger, they don't.

Tearing down everything the Germans created would leave them with nothing left.

>Defacing a war memorial
How low can you go?

a green buttplug for France. how fitting.

This is ours but people here have no respect and have damaged it twice, as well as junkies taking the copper plaques or other memorials....this place has become a shithole.

cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/vandals-damage-fredericton-cenotaph-1.779791

The lion monument in Lucern

nice

>All this led the Bavarian kings to believe that Germans and ancient Greeks were somehow connected
Europe is genetically connected, no need to be ashamed if a white person takes pride in white achievements

fascist

>wow rofl
worse than normies you are

yes I'm a blue eyed savage

spongebob?

I can't believe no burger fucking posted this yet. Christ.

>soviet propaganda about how they "liberated" us from fascism
>war memorial

top kek

I tried but the image was too big and I didn't bother to find a smaller one.

One of the most based Grand Dukes of Finland.

shut up ahmed you're just upset they wouldn't let you in.

>hue-monkey assmad he can't claim white Masterrace
Well, colour me surprised

Mini statues like this are pretty cool.

Here's a statue of Jackson, one of our best presidents.
History fun fact: Someone tried to assassinate him here but the gun misfired and Jackson beat the shit out of the guy with his walking cane until someone pulled him off.

Also bonus Washington monument in the background.

Are the cascades in operation or not?

>Carl
>limp wrist
>balding
>flag

this shit writes itself

>hurr their agenda was wrong
>this someone means that the soldiers who died fighting for their country shouldn't be honored

Sociopath.

That seagull on the statue's head

Fuck off edgy subhiman piece of shit

Nevermind, I thought the restauration works were still in progress, glad they show the cascades working on selected days

Tropaeum Traiani, built by Romans, is an interesting one.

Love the Bismarcktürme.

juliusz słowacki, drug addict poet but his monument in warsaw is pretty based

how come they're all niggers.

My slavshit detector... it's over

What happened to that one statue of someone somewhere in the States that BLM googles threatened to tear down?

Did they ever try?

He has a sword and is forever pointing towards Russia. Its a good monument that should remind the swede of their fighting roots.

That would be President Jackson, and no they didn't.

Yeah, they're pretty cosy. As a former resident of Dresden, I feel pretty attached to this badass archer.

Eat shit neutral mountain jew
They shouldn't be honored ,where they ultimately fucked mine and your country up for decades by "liberating" us.

W A W A
A
W
A

Here's some more.
All How could you not mention the two most widely known and prettiest ones?
I love that building.
I just love it so much, it stands out so magnificently and looks so out of place, like a gleaming white, blue roofed greco roman temple to the gods in the midst of a grey and mostly flat city without hills.

Not exactly a national monument but I think this statue is pretty good, even though it's new.

Nice to see a new memorial that isn't complete shit.

And yet another emperor

You guys have a lot of fucking monuments.

We've got a statue of Vulcan in Birmingham Alabama that's pretty nice. We used to be a major steel producing city until the 70's.

You would have been gassed you stupid cunt. They saved your ass. You dont deserve to kiss their feet you swine

And really pretty ones too.
Budapest used to be the Paris of Central Europe in every way.
(Don't get me wrong Vienna was cool too, but it didn't have the amount of diverse geography and architecture and had a bit less flair.)
In every way includes: an incredibly rich cuisine, a fuckton of monuments, and really imposant huge and pretty stuff, a castle that included a living district and a "castle" castle part, a convoluted tiny inner city with tiny charming streets, great boulevards, bridges, an actual frikkin island in the middle of a huge river, lots of natural thermal baths one of which is in the middle of the island in the middle of the river, lots of parks, big "turn of the century" buildings, arguably the prettiest parliament on the planet, with an architectural style that's a bit baroque, but mostly just fantasy, a rich culture, hospitable people and world class modern public transport.

The two world wars + communism set us back about a hundred years, but thanks to communist planning and architecture there's now even more of a mix of styles.

I certainly understand why people love it.

Not my personal style though. I frikkin can't stand those buildings where the lower street level parts are made to look like they've been built out of giant stones.

Good lord what a terrible statue.

Nah, Vienna was another level. Budapest was only half the size when it was still relevant.

Too bad Vienna lost 1/4 of its architectural heritage in the war though.

I'd say Budapest is en par with Prague.

that's like the Romanian Mount Rushmore

>Nah, Vienna was another level
Lower if anything.
I haven't seen anything particularly impressive in vienna.
It's like all the parts about budapest i don't like (turn of 20th century architecture and classical monuments) but more of it and nothing else.

>you would have been gassed you stupid cunt
>They saved you ass you dont deserve to kiss their feet you swine
if you seriously believe this just kys,you fucking shitstain your mother should have just punched herself in the uterus so you wouldn't be born.

>>my religion is human suffering with a dash of narcissism
You're dumb. :)
Just lel.

Under construction, this statue is to commemorate European supremacy over the Americas.

The cityhall is pretty when illuminated but that's about it, and it looks too much like a church in daylight

If my name was Slovak, I'd also do a lot of drugs to numb the pain...

Not posting the ruins of the Roman Empire. What kind of Italian are you?

We used to have a lot of gommie monuments back then. Now they are quarantined to a separate park.

My entire country is a monument to the American Frontier Spirit.

Anyone else wish we stil had it?

>Psst. Hey. Do you have a minute to talk about our Lord and Master Unicron?

we don't have many good ones but this one is pretty nice I think

The memorial of Kun Béla. A particularly vicious gommie whom Lenin openly hated and who later became victim of the very same revolutionary terror he loved to cause so much.

And yes, he was one of the chosen people.

>hurr their agenda was wrong
>this someone means that the soldiers who died fighting for their country shouldn't be honored

So you suppose Russians should have a couple monuments dedicated to the Wehrmacht?

They declared war on us after we withdrew from the axis, in order to spread their communist cancer. I hope your country gets "saved" in a similar fashion one day.

DESU, That one is pretty well hidden. I didn't even know it existed until I had to walk to the ferrys.

Budapest lost approx.1/3 of its buildings, the situation in the castle district was even more dire, 74% succumbed to the siege.

Should we tell him?

Too bad it's not finished

The feels. Every fucking time I think about it.

This statue of "Holger Danske" aka "Ogier the Dane". He is basically a legendary danish hero who went around Europe fucking shit up. What a bloke.

Not posting the ruins of the Roman Empire, what kind of Irish are you?

The newly renovated Kossuth square has a four impressive monuments. The Andrássy statue, the Rákóczi statue, the Tisza monument and the Kossuth monumet.

This is is the Tisza monument

Noise

The Kossuth monument

I like the Szent István monument in the castle district. I wish we had even more statues like this.

What the fuck are you even doing here. Get out.

Nice.

the brits took it for some weird reason.

>"Autobots, roll out!"

And the Rákóczi statue.

The square also has a bunch of other memorials and smaller statues, these are just the biggest and most impressive ones. Technically, the entire square is a big monument

And he blesses a fucking Tesco.

Legends say that they don't sell water there because every bottle was turning into wine.

Some numbers for you bro:

Az akkori Budapesten 39.317 épület volt (ebből 26.988 lakóépület). Az összes épület 26 %-a ép maradt, 47%-a sérült, 23 %-s súlyosan sérült és 4% teljesen elpusztult. (Ezekben a számokban az üveg és a tetőkárok nincsenek feltüntetve!!!)

Az épületállomány kétharmad részének rongálódott meg a teteje. (Így vesztek el a tetődíszek és a gyönyörű kupolák, tornyok)

Budán, a belső kerületekben az épületállomány pusztulása elérte a 60%-ot. Ez azt jelenti, hogy minden második budai ház/épület elpusztult.

A legsúlyosabb helyzet a Várnegyedben volt: az itt lévő 6500 lakásból, mindössze 26% marad ép, 34% részben sérült és 40% teljesen lakhatatlan volt

Tehát a Várnegyedben a lakások 74 százaléka teljesen elpusztult vagy súlyosan megrongálódott. És ezek csak a lakások, a templomok, a minisztériumok a Palota és egyéb nem lakóépületek még nincsenek is benne!

Budapest egy füstölgő romhalmaz volt a háború végén. Prága sértetlen maradt.

my town's founder was internationally on news because he looks similiar to darth vader in snow

>unironically thinking this soviet atrocities are the best monuments russia had
this commie purge that left only retards is no joke

The site of the Menin Gate in Ypres (Belgium) was chosen because of the hundreds of thousands of men who passed through it on their way to the battlefields of WW1. It commemorates casualties from the forces of Australia, Canada, India, South Africa and United Kingdom who died in the Salient.

I've only seen that particular one but google image search suggests that there's bunch of those dudes peeing in helsinki

cool story bro

EUROPE BTFO
>EUROPE BTFO
EUROPE BTFO
>EUROPE BTFO
EUROPE BTFO
>EUROPE BTFO
EUROPE BTFO
>EUROPE BTFO

Újjáépítettük.

We rebuilt.

based

im on vacation in turkey

The eyes glow in the dark.

That looks like my pupper

Oratoire St-Joseph

White man be steelin from uz
We wuz arkitectz n shiet

>"Monument"

Holy shit, who is funding this? Disney Land???

creepy as fuck

Château Frontenac

this is the best bulgar monument

Of course you can't forget based Leopold 2. (im from Belgium, but on vacation in turkey)

Dismantling when?

>statue in pic was on the top of Gellért Hill, now relocated to the Memento Park

Thank you for making this thread. Amazing.

I cant travel so this sort of thing makes me less sad.

THE GUN IS GOOD

THE PENIS IS EVIL

fugg ur statue :DD

A Márai Terézia szobráért kár. Kibaszott a tótok!

I like this one too

1912-1918 nevar forget

Unknown Mortal Orchestra?

D: hey no need to be rude

Not original, but very cool

so thats where i left my cock ring!

You pulled down HER monument.

Don't you Slovakians have soul?

Vienna was fucking huge, like more than twice the size of Budapest. The things that were built in Budapest were designed in Vienna, an intellectual powerhouse at its peak. Budapest is a nice showcase of this empire's cultural achievements.

expass.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/img_2018.jpg
This stuff.
Can't stand it.

she was fat :DDDDD
poor horse
probably would breat anyway because she so fat :DDDDD

Too bad they voted against carving a new one in 2011.

dobry monument jano

No, it was pulled down by the Czechs. Slovaks in Czechoslovakia were dominated by the Czechs in the same way they were dominated by us. Slovaks are slaves.

It should. We had a blast making it.

sure thing :DDDDDD
you gay :D

Bump

We helped

This triggers Cred Forums

man i would love to go to the vimy memorial

We had an architecture-off with Vienna back then. Hungary was undergoing a tremendous economic boom around 1900 and as Budapest was being built and expanded we were working on outarchitecturing the Austrians.

Why does this trigger the catalans you idiot?

There is the general misconception that catalan separatist are only lefties. But that's fucking wrong. A centre-right wing party pro independence party is ruling atm

Not a monument per se, but the Admiralty Arches remind us of how important our navy used to be

What's it supposed to be?

I can't believe no one has posted our beautiful new Nigger Museum that literally looks like a slave ship.

I hate this country sometimes.

what does this stand for?

How many nigger museums and monuments are there in America?

You're probably right, the same happened to the Hunnia relief in Trencsén / Trenčín.

guys pls

Hungarian Liberty Statue in Arad, Transylvania. Almost destroyed by gypsy romanians after 1920. Luckily, it was saved by the Hungarian community and was reconstructed in 2004.

thats a doughnut , amirite?

The Mozart's statue in Vienna
Took it myself it was a very goos trip

But it wasn't the capital. It wasn't home of world famous artists and scientists. It was >on another level.

Speaking of architecture: most of it was designed by architects with German heritage (The parliament or the museum of applied arts for example).

What happened to them? At some point in history they made up nearly half of the population in Ofenpest.

Was searching for this and of course this kind of article pops up.

>pic

Getting close to about 200 now.

The founding fathers fucked up by allowing slavery in the US even though Europe abolished it centuries prior.

We could've actually been Europe 2 instead of this 60% bullshit. ;_;

John Paul Jone's sarcophagus, underneath the Naval Academy Chapel.

you would have done the same

Looks so comfy. Any Ameribros been there?

The architect of the Hungarian Parliament, Imre Steind was a Hungarian nationalist. His mother tongue was Magyar and he had very strong magyar ethnic identity.

Isn't most of the alt right in favor of christianity?

How many prisons are here in the united states?

>What happened to them? At some point in history they made up nearly half of the population in Ofenpest.

Got deported to the Soviet Union (on the order of gommie authorities) fled or assimilated.

Not enough.