Are mormons a good way to become Christians?

Are mormons a good way to become Christians?

They all seem like awesome pure people.

What do you americans have to say about mormons?

Can a non-virgin man be welcomed into the church after a life of sin and being a non believer?

Can I find nice christian woman in the mormon church? I want a way out of modern degeneracy.

Other urls found in this thread:

mormon.org/missionaries
youtube.com/user/MormonsBelieve/videos
soundcloud.com/user-444863711/ep10-mormonism-and-scientology
youtube.com/watch?v=a7V2ET7p5FA
lds.org/ensign/2013/08/in-his-own-time-in-his-own-way?lang=eng
lds.org/ensign/2012/01/the-book-of-mormon-and-gods-plan-for-us?lang=eng
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre
mormon.org/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4y7x9LRyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are Mormons?
I'm a Orthodox Christian.

Mormonism is a cult, they are mentally insane zionistic heretics

>Can a non-virgin man be welcomed into the church after a life of sin and being a non believer?
Yes, but they will expect you to toe the line once you decide to join.

Mormons aren't Christians. They aren't even Protestant. Their religion is as different from Christianity as Islam is. If you want to become a Christian, go Catholic or Orthodox, or Baptist if you simply must go Protestant.

They are fellow christians.

What does it mean to be an Orthodox christian? Please enlight me.

You really should post this on /his/ user.

Go follow the bible by the word.
Protestants and Chafolics fail to do that.

watch General Conference this weekend, you can watch and get the vibe of the church as it exists today.

if you have any questions where to watch it i can help you out, it'll be broadcast worldwide but it can be tricky to find out where.

So it's me reading the bible and trying my best to follow it?

Mormons don't believe in the Trinity. They aren't Christian.

But don't they believe in Jesus Christ as the messiah and that he died for our sins?

Mormons aren't Christian because they aren't monotheistic - by definition, Christians must be monotheistic.

>they don't believe subjective interpretations set by extremely biased corrupt religions from thousands of years ago

k bud

they do. they believe that only by way of christ's atonement one can return to his presence
they're just as monotheistic as catholics. in fact, they're even more so. mormons only pray to god in the name of jesus christ, catholics do pagan shit like pray to saints. that's so fucked up.

Mormonism is complete bullshit that goes completely against the bible. I know because I have been to a mormon temple and have talked with them. this nice attitude they have is all a joke that they try to use to lure you in among other things

How so i'm protestant.

I dreamed about a mormon temple once.
I dreamed that I was a poltergeist, and that priests expulsed me in the name of Jesus by the house that I was possessing.

I flew in fear of the name of the lord, and I flew by a window. In the horizon, far away, I saw a big cross, and a mormon temple high in the top of a hill.

I had other dreams about god saying that all treasures I desired would be given to me if I sided with him.

I think I must keep struggling to get my faith right.

Catholics and Orthodox have official interpretations based on millennia of priests studying and discussing the Bible and various councils passing resolutions. You don't even have to read the Bible to follow them (although it is recommended), just follow their church law, which is sometimes based on very old tradition rather than directly on the Bible. Reading the Bible and coming up with your own interpretation is a Protestant thing. Jesus came to bring us a church, not a book. In those systems, the church has authority, not the individual Christian. There are 30,000 Protestant denominations for an obvious reason.

hey i went on my mormon mission to brazil

that's funny, there's tons of stories of mormon's expulsing demons in the name of jesus christ. and the imagery of a temple on a mountain is big in our culture as well.

if you have any questions i can answer them for you.

You don't celebrate the Lord our God.

>fUGme2ZN

Fug :D

One you reach the highest level of the Celestial kingdom "they shall be made gods." You control your own dominion. You become god. Therefore multiple god. Therefore, polytheistic, therefor, not Christian.

>Catholics pray to saints

This. I'm pretty sure Jesus made it clear that the only way to heaven was through him. Catholics are heretics.

I don't remember well if there were two different dreams.

But the poltergeist one surely had a big giant cross on the horizon.

An on another, with a similar horizon, I saw a big mormon temple in the horizon.

Yeah, there were two dreams.

No, mormons aren't Christians.

They believe:

-God the Father was a flesh-and-blood being born on another planet

-the Father, Son, and Holy Sprit are not one in essence

That means that they don't believe in the eternal, undivided Trinity.

If you don't believe in the eternal undivided Trinity, you're by definition not Christian.

>believing an organization that feverishly fought to hide the truth of the bible for thousands of years

how is it to be a cuck?

What denomination are you?

I what ways mormonism differentiate to other christian denominations?

Yes
Nice people, stick to their values, utah will go trump
Yes
Yes

>autism

we pray to jesus, catholics don't even do that most of the time. smdh

lol. remind me where Jesus or God or any apostolic authority declared the Nicene Creed to be canon?

>this is my Son in whom I am well pleased

I guess Jesus was just throwing his voice like a ventriloquist for that verse

Why are there 2 Jesuses?

Do you deny what I said?

If you don't believe in the eternal, undivided Trinity, you're not a Christian.

They are polytheistic

bru he is still a god above all other gods, and only he has power over us. that's monotheistic.

>2017
>be Catholic
>Pope decrees that all bibles are to be replaced with Quran's
>hurr church knows best better listen
Kys

>forgetting the story of when jesus was baptized

>WEW
>E
>W

We believe Jesus, The Father & the holy ghost are 3 seperate entities

True, but they sure seem like nice people. Even their hell sounds pretty nice.

Mormons are literally polytheist. They believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three separate beings rather than one being in three persons. They believe that Mormons become their own gods in the afterlife each in control of their own planet. And the craziness doesn't stop there.

Bring'em-young university please stop posting.

They are zionists?

Please explain

yes it's awful that Mormons lure people in

who would want to be lured into...

>Christmas parties
>barbecues
>family home evening
>community basketball and football games
>Easter parties
>being forced to watch general conference for 4 hours a year

sounds awful, basically torture dude. some real Da Vinci Code shit, what a bunch of heathens

Zeus was the god over all gods in Greek mythology. Are you saying Ancient Greek beliefs were monotheistic?

ayyy so did I.

where can I find a coxinha stateside?

>catholics do pagan shit like pray to saints. that's so fucked up.
Have you never prayed for a friend or asked a friend to pray for you?

According to who? Constantine?

I love Mormons and their culture, but their religious beliefs are absolutely nuts.

They are three persons in one essence.

John 14:8-9

Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”

Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Not only do you deny the undivided Trinity, you believe that God the Father was born as flesh and blood on another planet to parents.

Theologically, Mormonism is more different from Christianity than Islam.

They're not Christian because they don't believe in the Trinity. You'll find plenty of good Buddhists if all you're looking for is a feel good religion for nice guys instead of the Truth. Also pretty sure Buddha wasn't a conman like Joseph Smith.

Be careful about relying on dreams. Dreams can come from Satan.

Each ward suffers from small town syndrome and becomes an ocean of gossip.

If you're asocial being a Mormon is hell.

Come to Church this weekend to watch General conference. Or find a YSA (Young Single Adult) ward near you so you can be with people around your age.

We are also most definitely Christian! Christian is anyone who believes Christ as the lord, savior, and messiah. If you read original Christian writings, they were most definitely not trinitarian.

Look, if you're truly interested & want to find out more go to mormon.org/missionaries and set up a meeting. There are a ton of shills &other people who don't know what we believe so they smear it either intentionally or un. The missionaries will answer your questions & if you want to see what it's really like, go to church for a Sunday. Church is not a museum for perfect people, it's a hospital for sinners.

youtube.com/user/MormonsBelieve/videos

Quite interesting! I don't know what to do of this.

Should I just keep reading my bible and keep my prayer up? I don't feel any rush to identify me with any church nomination. I just want to know the truth:

Is there a god?
Was Jesus Christ really the son of god?
Why don't god revealed himself to the world so we could all be at peace and pray for him?
How can we know that God is speaking to us?
How do we know what God expect of us in our daily lives? How do we know we are doing the right things?

soundcloud.com/user-444863711/ep10-mormonism-and-scientology

This is good overview of mormonism in the beginning. If you have the time, it gives a nice brief on it.

Look I grew up in Utah. I have nothing against Mormons, I have Mormon friends and family. I don't think their religion is any more retarded than the next - and they generally believe in helping and community. I'm not saying they're bad for being polytheistic, I'm just saying they're not Christians.

That never happened.

you'd have to be more specific, because each christian denomination has different beliefs on nearly every subject.

we're most different because we believe that Christ established his church through prophets (just as he has done in the past) after the incredible amount of corruption in his church immediately after he died. we believe that the distinguishing feature of our church is a living prophet who receives revelation from god. and we invite all to watch him speak. he will be speaking this weekend, and if you want I can point you to the closest place you could watch it. or you can watch it online as well.

>But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God

"""undivided Trinity""". remind me which verse says "trinity"

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

That's henotheism, a form of polytheism, not monotheism.

I wasn't sure what I have dreamed about, I was a hardcore atheist at the time. The notion of satan would make me laugh.

I don't know where my faith is right now, but I'm willing to keep trying my faith and reading the bible. If not for total conversion, at least for educational purposes.

You can be forgiven for your sins if you're willing to repent.

youtube.com/watch?v=a7V2ET7p5FA

BTW any Utahns in here? American-Vanguard Utah branch just opened.

Email at [email protected]

No, Mormonism is a joke. Joseph Smith was literally a perverted sex addict that made a cult. He literally told people who followed him that god commanded him to bang their women. His successor Brigham Young was also crazy. Literally said there was 10 feet tall spacemen on the moon. They slowly changed their beliefs over time because no one liked them. It's now just a shell of a sex cult

What are you talking about?
Mormons believe that the Heavenly Father is God, or The Lord. Jesus is the son of God, and is worshipped as the God but the son. The Holy Ghost or Spirit is a being that directs the holy influence through humanity.

Read "The Orthodox Way" by Kallistos Ware.

It's a very easy to read overview of Orthodox theology.

rather wholesome community as far as "shell of a sex cult" goes

The bishops are literally apostolic authorities.

Three separate persons, not beings. One God. Mormonism says they are three separate beings. Three gods.

not the God*

Because they're salvation by works and not salvation by faith

No when you reach the highest level of the Celestial kingdom you become a god. Multiple gods. Not monotheistic. Not Christian. This isn't hard. Mormons aren't bad they just aren't Christians.

/thread

The Trinity belief is not based in the bible, it's based in the Nicene Creed. Hundreds of years after Christ and the Apostles.

The belief that God, Christ and the Holy Ghost are virtually one in purpose, love and direction is taught in Mormonism. Just not that they are literally the same being.

Wrong, three separate beings. But one God.

Do you deny that mormons believe God the Father was born as flesh and blood to parents on another planet?

Or are you taught to hide that from outsiders because we "won't get it"?

/thread

they're polytheistic because the other gods have influence over them as well

we're still monotheistic because we still only believe that there is one god who saves us and does anything for us.

your reading comprehension must be extraordinarily low because i already said this.

ANYONE IN UTAH CHECK OUT THIS THREAD:

they're a good way to become freemasons actually

James 2 lol

>The bishops are literally apostolic authorities

according to whom? the Bishops themselves? or maybe Constantine?

>liking coxinhas
you're already an honorary Brazilian
come home lad
we'll give you as much coxinhas as you want
and brigadeiro and guaraná too

they are a faith built off of congregationalism and free mason belief structures (the binding/marriage ritual is 3 words off from the free mason iteration). Also they did not carry a King James bible until the baptist moved into Utah calling them out for not having a bible and thus not being true Christians.

>be from Utah
>See shit like this increasing in frequency
Mormon propaganda is unwaivering. These maniacs will consume as much as they can and lead everyone to misery.

Mormons don't worship those Gods though, only The Father. I'm not disagreeing with you on the Christian thing, but Mormons aren't polytheistic.

Great video user. Awesome and powerful video.

you probably deny the holocaust as well baka

>outsiders

I'm no longer a believer in any kind of God or deity or spirituality. but yes, Mormons do believe that.

>What do you americans have to say about mormons?
The same thing that ALL of Joseph Smith's "apostles" said on their deathbeds, Joseph Smith is a fraud.

Mormon girls are a great fuck, all the men go on a mission leaving horny girls who are allowed to fool around with non Mormons. Truely the cuck religion.

Just because there is a pyramid model of gods doesn't mean there arent multiple gods. Companies have varying levels of salesmen - there might be a senior salesman, but the other salesmen are still salesmen. That's a multiple salesman model, or I guess a polysalesman approach.

you're from Utah?

check this out.

1. Keep reading & pray.
2.Yes, there is a God
3.We are all children of God, Jesus is the direct son
4.The point of this life is basically a test of your faith to God. If he showed up, you would know, not have faith (ask the missionaries this)
5. lds.org/ensign/2013/08/in-his-own-time-in-his-own-way?lang=eng
6. lds.org/ensign/2012/01/the-book-of-mormon-and-gods-plan-for-us?lang=eng tl.dr. follow his word, & you'll know because you will feel the spirit

Also, has a great idea too, watch general conference this weekend you can find it online

thanks, made by the church. Just know that the Atonement of Christ is infinite.

No sinner is beyond redemption.

> its a Mormon thread on pol again

Can you please stop this shit already? I don't want any of you fucking morons in the Church I'm in.

> Baptists calling anyone "not being true Christians"

Monotheism doesn't dictate a worship of one god, it dictates the recognition of one god. Recognition of multiple gods is polytheistic.

>Jesus: My Church will never perish from the earth. Even the gates of hell will not prevail against her.
>Mormon: But what about those 1800 years before Joseph Smith was born?

lol

Restorationism is a joke.

They believe the Native Americans were Hebrews who travelled to America and created a massive civilization. They also believe that the Jews are one of the purest people on earth.

Remember when we raided that Mormon questions hotline. All those sweet college girl Mormons taking our prank calls and giving us their personal numbers.

So literally Christianity but with cult views and harsh treatment of women and children. Look into Mormonism and you'll see what I'm talking about.

>tfw you can get guarana in the u.s. relatively easily now
also i make brigadeiro sometimes.
amazon?

[spoiler]there is a brazilian lady in my stake who makes me coxinhas[/spoiler]

>tfw buying my Kuat from Amazon instead of the market
>açai is 10 times as expensive in the USA

suffering.

you don't get it. there is only 1 god who is applicable to us. that's it.

just because they believe that some guys travelled doesn't mean they are zionists. going by your logic, admitting that there are refugees in europe makes you a zionist.

Oh wait you're right, consider me stumped.

No there are a ton of other reasons why they're not Christian. They believe God was a man who transcended and became God. This is just one example.

I just don't understand how a gospel of love, forgiveness and understanding is looked down upon our days.

Thats why I keep trying. If I fail to have faith, at least I will know that I did try to do what was better for me.

Thanks for all the responses.

>what is the last dispensation
enjoy praying to people besides Jesus retardo

Ever notice how there are no Mormon threads posted everyday during summer.

>Mormons
>pure

Kekled. No one is safe

tell me though, which bible verse says "monotheistic"?

when does Christ say "if ye be not monotheistic then you ain't Christian"?

Morms follow the 1st commandment to a T, but don't necessarily adhere to nonscriptural philosophical interpretations of the Bible written during the dark ages

its not christianity at all

it is a cult

might as well be a scientologist

Hahaha why would you trust someone that has a rape dungeon right next to their meth lab?

Israelites, not jews, there IS a difference

>UofU

not even surprised

>Mormons
>Christians

I know you're dumber than niggers but god damn you make other macaques look like fucking geniuses.

How many credits does this glass earn? Can you transfer to a real university from a theoretical Mormon college?

Just know that you don't have to do anything alone.

Christ will always be there for you and I know members and missionaries where you are locally will be willing to help you if you reach out to them.

/thread

My pleasure, it has personally helped me become a happier & better person than I was before so I want to help all others that are willing find the joy

Class damn auto correct. Salt lake city is nice except for all the new gang banging Mexicans. The love the white Mormon girls though.

yeah, there are kids in my doctorate program who did undergrad at BYU

i went to a state school all the way btw

>harsh treatment of women and kids

u wot? I've never seen a religion that puts women and kids on a higher pedestal than Mormons. I wouldn't call the Boy Scouts "harsh"

Okay, I will surely read this.

There is a huge sense of competition for equality between the Mormons. They all need a new big house, a new big truck. Well except for the MAV drivers.

watch general conference this weekend, you won't regret it.

[citation needed]

If you want something similar without all of the Joseph Smith talking into a hat shit there's always Jehovah's Witnesses.

Funny I never see any JW threads.

>Can I find nice christian woman in the mormon church?

no, but you can find a mormon one thatll do anal

I was put off by the fact that they don't have any manuscripts old than their prophet even though they claim some books were written in ancient times.
When I asked some missionaries about that, they told me the manuscripts are being hidden until the day of judgement or something.
Christianity at least has super old manuscripts roughly near the period they claim to be written in.

That's literally all it took for me to write off Mormonism as a cult.

>but they sure seem like nice people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre

Gas yourself.

The Mormon church is a left wing, anti-American snake pit.

In less than 20 years, there will be shrines inside your temples dedicated to Michael Brown.

>Jesus is not God, just a prophet

Jaydubs in charge of being Christian

I like living in fantisy land with wholsome family values and unlimited fry saue.

>They also believe that the Jews are one of the purest people on earth.
yeah no gtfo
skepticsannotatedbible.com/bom/says_about/jews.html

It's just wish fulfillment bullshit

>hurr durr live your life to spread this insane cult, and when you die you'll get... uh... a planet! yep a whole planet all for yourself.

>your temples

I'm not Mormon. go listen to the Daily Shoah until your fragile nerves are soothed

they don't want anybody stealing their spot in heaven

>denying the Trinity
>Christian

Chose one.

>It's just wish fulfillment bullshit

-all religions

>I like living in fantisy land with wholsome family values and unlimited fry saue.

more comfy than you might imagine but a recipe for disaster nonetheless

Literally Mohammedism 2.0

>Throw out Christian mystery
>Make up a whole new bible
>Promise a bunch of sensual pleasures in this life and the next so your founder can get all kinds of tail and you get converts

TALK TO A MORMON Anonymous 04/13/07(Fri)20:27:45 No.24475555
Dear Cred Forums, I need your assistance in making mormons cry.

mormon.org/

Click: "Speak live with a member"

post chatlog

picture related, it's MORMONS

Absolutely, but this one is one of the most blatant.

t. Constantine

Don't they believe the old and the new testaments?

They are little miss goodie two shoes. Almost as bad as Jehovah's witnesses to be around.

I will!

That is so true but what do I know I'm worldly

We believe in the Old and New Testament. We also believe in the book of Mormon. It's not a replacement but a companion to the bible.

all of our books of Scripture testify of Christ and his sacrifice on the Cross. That is what our religion is about.

they're all equally blatant, which is 100% blatant. every single faith that still exists in the current day and age asks all of its adherents to believe, with non-falsifiable and non-reproducible evidence, that God or an afterlife or an eternal reward or Samsara or some kind of continuation of consciousness, deity, moral organization or plan for the universe exists.

there's nothing inherently more ridiculous about saying "if you are good you get to have your own universe" than there is about saying "if you are good you will go to heaven and worship God forever, literally forever just worshipping God." the only reason you think one is less ridiculous than the other is because you were familiar with one from a young age

yes absolutely.

The tank top says it all. A good, modest mormon girl will ALWAYS have sleeves covering her shoulders unless she's swimming or at the gym

Watch south park s07e12. It is literally just like that.

Just don't give into their game. I have no drama all the Mormon girls I want no attachments, live in a nice clean town full of white peopl. Also fry sauce.

the only cool mormons ive met are the disillusioned women coming out of a bad marriage. So you get these super kinky females that like going out to the city but the other extreme is their super redneck males who grow up in middle of fucking nowhere Utah in a culture thats barely recognizable to the rest of the united states and in many cases, secret meth heads and prostitutes abusers.

The older generation of mormons seem alriught and happy for the most part, and im not saying that sometimes they can pull off a successful family, but they are far far away from flawless, just like any community, their flaws are just more quirky because of alll the cultish stigma and religious weirdness

I miss the old Raids. As they often do, a call went up once again today on the infamous Cred Forums (before you click that link, note that it is indescribably NSFW) to "troll" Mormon chat. Famous for being the origin of almost every internet prank -- they invented Rick-rolling, for example -- the anonymous folks over at Cred Forums's Cred Forums board (who call themselves Cred Forumstards) have taken to essentially prank-calling the Mormon.org's chat feature, where you can instant message with a real-live Mormon missionary.

They are nothing to do with Christ and a lot to do with a compulsive liar called Joseph smith.

I disagree. I think there's various degrees of ridiculous promises. I would say that Christianity has been especially vague in its depiction of heaven, so as to keep up the charade. Compare that to Scientology, which outright offers you superpowers.

I think I met you. You went to RS, right?
Your portuguese was really good.

Here you go, op. Mormonism:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4y7x9LRyY

>Mormons aren't Christians. They aren't even Protestant. Their religion is as different from Christianity as Islam is. If you want to become a Christian, go Catholic or Orthodox, or Baptist if you simply must go Protestant.

Agree

Mormonism is one of the most ridiculous religions out there and makes a total mockery out of Christianity and history, but I've never met a Mormon that I didn't like.

This. They believe in joseph smith a liar and a fraud from 19th century america who lead a cult ofmurders and thieves

The old generation is happy because they are fucking all the teen aged Mormon girls. because there is no competition from young Mormon males.

As an ex-mormon, Mormons are pretty based. A lot of Mormon teens are pretty exclusive and intolerant but they usually grow out of that. And if you think Mormonism is a crazy cult, just remember that all religions are crazy, you are just used to the crazy so you don't recognize it.

>their shit is insane
>they're very nice people

hmmm maybe one of the two is wrong eh?

it's unlikely. there's like 500 gringo missionaries in Brazil at a time

how does making the promise more vague make it any less blatant, if you there is still zero evidence that it is true other than faith? if God is all powerful, who says he can't hand out free planets?

That is Utah. The rest of mormonism is not that way. Just remember: Utah Mormons are NOT all Mormons

Mormon beliefs were started by Joseph Smith, a convicted con artist, from Palmyra, New York, who allegedly found golden plates, which he translated to become the Book of Mormon. He claimed in 18 + different accounts 18 different reasons for finding the plates, but the official church reason is that God the father, who has a body of flesh and bones, told him all churches were an abomination and he must restore the true gospel. A few years later, before completing the translation, but after this alleged first vision, Joseph Smith joined one of these abominable churches. Why would he do that?

When someone stole his first translation, he was unable to retranslate it again, and instead provided a “different version” because “God told him to” after a 6 month + hiatus from translating. Nobody has ever “seen the plates” except with their “spiritual eyes.” Also a single artifact or scientific evidence verifying the Book of Mormon has never been found.

Joseph Smith also started his own army and declared himself king of the world.

>americans being americans
k

Eh. Just b/c someone believes in a ridiculous fairy tale for the dumbest of the dumb doesn't mean that they can't be a good person.

Mormons believe Jesus and Satan are brothers and that if you do Mormon right in this life you get to be God of your own planet.

It's like Scientology but shittier sci-fi.

Jesus Christ was also a convicted con artist my amigo

They are the best Mormons don't be jealous of them. They got it right truely the best femails too.

if you believe that Satan exists, then who do you believe made him?

Holy shit I'm chatting on Mormon.org with a missionary right now they are still at it.

can i be a con artist too if I believe hard enough?

Because the lure of religion is its esoteric, greater-than-myself principles. The more it just looks like a scam to get free stuff, the more it panders to the very material desires of its "flock", the more obvious to the general public it'll be that the religion's a sham

Is....Methodist ok

be nice, no bully. all the Mormon.org folks I met at the MTC had some kind of health condition or physical disability preventing them from knocking doors like a normal missionary

the "lure" of religion is different for each person. not everyone is interested in mysticism, and Mormonism has basically zero mysticism. it's Christianity revised for the Enlightenment. well, either that or it's true and that's just what God says.

see user complaining that Mormons don't believe in "Christian mystery"

maybe because the story/theology/origins are always equally and objectively ridiculous in every religion, so why care about that? The only things we can objectively observe and compare about religions are the final results: its people.

Anyone attacking the LDS church attacks its theology only, or bashes Joseph Smith, a guy who lived 200 years ago, and often without any source or knowledge of how the church works. Yet there seems to be a consensus that mormons are great people...

I recently converted after 3 months of investigating, because I figured that if it made people with great values, then the core of it must be true. I'm not even there for the heaven and shit, just to better myself and it has definitely helped so far.

Difference between a cult and a religion is when fear of being ostracized by your family and friens or 'cut off' keeps you in. Mormons do this. Roman Catholics, Orthadox etc do not.

Cult Vs religion.

religion...free to go....cult punished for leaving

>maybe because the story/theology/origins are always equally and objectively ridiculous in every religion, so why care about that? The only things we can objectively observe and compare about religions are the final results: its people.
>Anyone attacking the LDS church attacks its theology only, or bashes Joseph Smith, a guy who lived 200 years ago, and often without any source or knowledge of how the church works. Yet there seems to be a consensus that mormons are great people...
>I recently converted after 3 months of investigating, because I figured that if it made people with great values, then the core of it must be true. I'm not even there for the heaven and shit, just to better myself and it has definitely helped so far.

Enjoy your deranged cult.

You have no idea what you are talking about

lol. that's no different between Roman Catholic and Mormon. in fact for about a thousand years or so, the Roman Catholic Church would have you put to death for heresy.

ever heard of the Mormon inquisition? because I haven't

>Enjoy your deranged cult.

pic related

Mormons aren't christians. Mormonism is like New Testament fan-fic.

Wait, I'm allowed to write a fanfic of my favorite religious text and THEN start a belief movement around it?

Can we do one around the Quran, only Pepe is the Prophet channeled though a frog?

They're a religious movement that started in upstate New York in the 1830s during the Christian revivalist craze and migrated west to start their own theocratic kingdom.
Basically they believe that the native Americans were descended from the lost tribe of Israel, and jesus came to the Americans after being resurrected to find them and spread the gospel. But that's just one part of a larger, whackier story.

Is Xenu in it?

This

all Christianity has wacky stories

>Noah's Ark
>the Ark of the Covenant
>the Exodus
>tower of babel
>Lot's wife
>wrestling with God (wut?)
>Elisha kills 62 kids with bears because they made fun of his hair
>a bunch of cataclysmic meteorological events that the new testament alleges happened during Christ's life that have no corroboration in contemporary meteorological records

Mormonsim doesn't hold a candle to fucking ((((((SCIENTOLOGY)))))))

the trinity is never directly stated in the bible, its bullshit people ate up from augustine. i thought william of ockham was much better than augustine however augustine had more support at the time... oh well.